Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strange Fights Between Members

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 11 years ago by getfashions.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #809
October 25, 2002
12 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2006, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Why do I get the feeling this has something to do with Lucky?

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
    Member #19043
    July 24, 2005
    7378 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2006, 9:38 am - IP Logged

PartyWELL SAID,everyone,i must say i thought i was the only victim but i have learned a lot here ,Eventhough this is a lottery site i have learn how to use my computer,You no folks their are always bad apples in a bunch and i am never going to let anyone make me feel Stupid or Sad again,because since these little incidents i find that the good here out number the bad.I salute every one with an idea or method ect,because this melting pot of thoughts is what makes this site the BEST!Thanks Todd,and LP Members for your Beautiful coments, {forgive me for the large print everyone i really can't see that well} WTG everyone,Now take a break and let's have a Party

Drum PartyBananaPartyPartyDrumDanceParty

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
      Florence, Alabama
      United States
      Member #8658
      November 13, 2004
      1993 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2006, 10:18 am - IP Logged

I Agree!......here lately i've been thinking twice before even doing a poll in fear that i might offend someone.or that i might've offended someone by posting some subject someone didn't like.or i posted too much at 4 in the morning.feels like the shackles have come off in a way.its refreshing....thanks!

Often I had thought didn't we already have this poll?  If you use your head and think, not everyone started their membership at the same time therefore they may not have been a member when the poll was 1st taken. It's not just polls either, sometimes people ask questions that have been asked before and the next thing you know that person is jumped on in a post for asking the question. When some people who don't post often or newbies to the site see that it makes them think twice about  posting. I've seen people get attacked for their spelling and punctuation. Not everyone on here has a college degree. We are all not perfect and neither is one person. If someone posts a system and it doesn't work in your state there is no need to call that person out and talk down about it because it might work for some one somewhere. If I was that person I wouldn't post again and I know of a few people on here who are really good at predicting the numbers but they don't post because of someone down talking there method of predicting. I can say this, I do not like vtrac. The main reason is because I don't know how to do or use vtrac, but do you see me posting on anyones post about it. Be an adult and if you have nothing good to say about a poll or post then don't say anything.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

konane's avatar - wallace
        Atlanta, GA
        United States
        Member #1265
        March 13, 2003
        3333 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2006, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Lottery Post members are some of the most generous people in the world, sharing their systems with others so that they may learn them and help themselves.  I see it as "teach a man to fish".........

Many systems presented I don't understand but that doesn't make them right or wrong, or subsequent postings about them a nuisance.  If I don't have time or don't want to read something then I skip over it and go to something more to my liking.  Back button, scroll wheel work just fine.

Seems if someone is bothered by what's posted they could simply absorb what's good, what's pertinent to what they're doing at the time .... and leave the remainder behind in peace for those who may be benefitted by it.

Let us all be thankful for being a part of the richness of Lottery Post, the very best lottery site on the web.  Big Grin Angel

Good luck to everyone!

Lucky's avatar - hiro horse.jpg
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #20
          December 20, 2000
          56964 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2006, 10:31 am - IP Logged

msm877 - I don't know, but I do know it has nothing to do with me - I read this post for the first time this morning !!

May I ask why you signaled me out on this ? 

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2006, 10:51 am - IP Logged

CoolNo, Lucky was an innocent bystander in the "Who's your favorite poster" poll. (which was done in defense of my complaining about the other poster) The culprit is me "Tenaj" who constantly complained of one poster's excessive posting that pushed other posters off the board (which is not the first time we've had this forum issue) and their campaign to convert everyone to their system while declaring in their blog that one particular poster's system was crap and if you use it you will lose.  And then I started defending the person who was stated in that blog as having a losing system, and then that person started to defend me.  It was on.

I felt that it was not right for one poster to dominate the forum and cut down another LP member's system in their blog because they were mad at me. This poster stated in a comment reply in their blog that it had been hard and it took a long time but they have finally got there.  I felt that was a statement from someone who was on a mission and that is not what a forum is all about.  So it pissed me off and the next person was going to get a bomb. 

I argued that there is no system that great and even the so called experts have a hard time proving it and that a good player have a combination of systems to see the whole picture and alright already with the overkill.  I never dissed the system.  It's great for those who don't have one otherwise and is a good place to start.

So the army of this system started defending this person by taking turns scrapping with me and throwing stones.  I threw back bricks, and if Todd hadn't stopped it I had a boulder for that last remark.  That's just about the jest of it.

There were other members who felt the same way and who had fought this poster before with the last campaign but they were not as brave and scrappy as me.  They complained to Todd instead.  I fought my own battles.  I had a system on LP (Lottery Bible) and it was some of the same people from this group who attacked it and caused me to quit posting it.

I'm glad Todd stopped the fighting.  Now I can start back predicting again and having a weekly thread without having to carry big sticks in both hands. 

takeemtothebank

lucky123's avatar - flower2
              Brodnax, Virginia
              United States
              Member #15183
              May 11, 2005
              391 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2006, 11:10 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd for finally putting an end to all the bickering ,in the time i've been on lottery post i've found that the posters within this site are All great at what they do , they should all be proud of what they're doing here, it does'nt matter if one post more than the other, THEY ARE ALL GOOD !!!, but lately all the drama has been a real turnoff, and we should all learn to get along Group Hugand remember what we are here for , TO HIT SOME NUMBERS !!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

I don't think Lucky is involved in any way in the squabbles. He is an "innocent bystander". He uses the forum in a very good manner and some might take notice of how he organizes his threads and posts.

He doesn't post an unusual amount of THREADS. He doesn't shove anything down our throats and I have never seen the man argumentive or disrespective even while under attack in all the years I've known him.

I didn't want to do it, but I will take Todd's suggestion of blocking the posters who are posting too much or whose posts are irritating. I am hoping that this will also block their threads so the active topics list becomes much shorter.

My apologies for stating the simple truth in my posts about over-posting of THREADS, nonsensical polls, cramming ideas down our throats and nonsensical one or two sentence posts that add nothing to the site but are used to "bump" the post up in the list. However I don't attack individual members or their ideas on the forum.

Todd, your post was right on target and this IS a great site. Let's listen to your advice and use the block feature if necessary.

Thank you.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23260 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

I just want to make a couple general comments after reading a few of the posts above.

First, Lucky has nothing whatsoever to do with this topic, and I'm not sure where that came from.  Lucky is one of the most generous and helpful people here, and if I were forced at gunpoint to pick one MVP of this website, it would be Lucky.  So if anyone thinks this has anything to do with Lucky, please put that thought out of your head.

Second, Tenaj has a lot of guts to say "it's about me", and boy do I respect that, but it's not just about Tenaj.  If it were just one person is involved in fighting between members, then I would just deal with that one member.  Unfortunately it seems that several people have gotten a bit carried away.  Perhaps I'm guilty of that myself.  The point is that we ALL need to calm down and be more open to others' ideas and thoughts.

Last, I don't want this topic to overwhelm all the great things that are happening here.  If you're a new member looking at this, or someone who didn't know about this before I brought it up, don't be too concerned.  Lottery Post is a one-of-a-kind place with the best group of friendly members you can find anywhere on the Internet.  Enjoy all there is to do and see here!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coastal Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #2653
                    October 30, 2003
                    1866 Posts
                    Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

I think that some posters just want to see how fast they can achieve top 100 and top 25 poster status, which to me means diddly-poo.

As MADDOG10 says, Quality, not Quantity.

Having said that, I object to no one. This is a forum and as such there will be opinions all over the board and if one doesn't agree, so what ???

This is America, isn't it ? Patriot

DD

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31343 Posts
                      Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:37 pm - IP Logged

when i grow up - i want to be just like tenaj!  lol 

will start using the block feature more.  here's to happy, profitable days  Lovies

love to nibble those micey feet.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #22395
                        September 24, 2005
                        1583 Posts
                        Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

The most irritating things on this planet - are people and the things they do.  Look at the wars.  Indeed look at husband/wife.  Arguments are bound to come up.  While it is nice to say "stop it" - that seldom works.  That's why there are rules and laws.

A person might have a legitimate complaint or another opinion.  It would be wrong to quash that and prevent posting.  If it can be resolved between the parties involved, great.  That's ideal.  If not, the argument should be heard and solved by...someone, namely a "Judge" and in this case Todd.  Unless maybe a moderator(s) was appointed to see that things flow smoothly.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                          Charlotte NC
                          United States
                          Member #17406
                          June 18, 2005
                          4053 Posts
                          Posted: January 13, 2006, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

I just want to make a couple general comments after reading a few of the posts above.

First, Lucky has nothing whatsoever to do with this topic, and I'm not sure where that came from.  Lucky is one of the most generous and helpful people here, and if I were forced at gunpoint to pick one MVP of this website, it would be Lucky.  So if anyone thinks this has anything to do with Lucky, please put that thought out of your head.

Second, Tenaj has a lot of guts to say "it's about me", and boy do I respect that, but it's not just about Tenaj.  If it were just one person is involved in fighting between members, then I would just deal with that one member.  Unfortunately it seems that several people have gotten a bit carried away.  Perhaps I'm guilty of that myself.  The point is that we ALL need to calm down and be more open to others' ideas and thoughts.

Last, I don't want this topic to overwhelm all the great things that are happening here.  If you're a new member looking at this, or someone who didn't know about this before I brought it up, don't be too concerned.  Lottery Post is a one-of-a-kind place with the best group of friendly members you can find anywhere on the Internet.  Enjoy all there is to do and see here!

Yes NodThank you Todd

takeemtothebank

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                            FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2006, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

One addition that I would like to see.......when you put someone on your block list, their threads (or topics) should not be showing up either. Maybe I'm mistaken or didn't do it right but the blocked people on my list are still authors of half the threads on the first page.

One argument here was about people posting so many threads every day and having to wade through all the pages of threads to come to the ones of substance....and having your thread on page 2 in 15 minutes and page 4 in an hour because the "topic starters" felt loquacious at the same time.

Even though they're blocked, their threads are still there and I'm still wading. Their responses to posts are blocked but not the threads they started and answered to for the "bump" to page one.

Just my opinion, but if I want a poster blocked from my viewing I want them blocked....totally. The threads are more important of an issue than the posts when it comes to blocking. It would reduce the active topics pages by half by just eliminating a handful of excessive topic starters. It would also resolve the problem of topics that one may be interested in going to page 2 in 15 minutes.

I'm not trying to be a trouble maker but I feel this way and other members do as well.

It is just a suggestion.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                              Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Posted: January 13, 2006, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

OK, Rick that makes sense.  I was trying to take a middle ground that lets you change your mind and see the existence of the topic, but if you're saying that in practice it would be better to eliminate the threads from your display altogether, then I can certainly make that change.  If anyone else wants to weigh in on this topic, that would be fine.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                              Help eliminate computerized drawings!