Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strange Fights Between Members

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 11 years ago by getfashions.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Jorli D's avatar - nw saucyelf2.jpg
Michigan
United States
Member #2448
October 4, 2003
25910 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2006, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

One addition that I would like to see.......when you put someone on your block list, their threads (or topics) should not be showing up either. Maybe I'm mistaken or didn't do it right but the blocked people on my list are still authors of half the threads on the first page.

One argument here was about people posting so many threads every day and having to wade through all the pages of threads to come to the ones of substance....and having your thread on page 2 in 15 minutes and page 4 in an hour because the "topic starters" felt loquacious at the same time.

Even though they're blocked, their threads are still there and I'm still wading. Their responses to posts are blocked but not the threads they started and answered to for the "bump" to page one.

Just my opinion, but if I want a poster blocked from my viewing I want them blocked....totally. The threads are more important of an issue than the posts when it comes to blocking. It would reduce the active topics pages by half by just eliminating a handful of excessive topic starters. It would also resolve the problem of topics that one may be interested in going to page 2 in 15 minutes.

I'm not trying to be a trouble maker but I feel this way and other members do as well.

It is just a suggestion.

I Agree!  Out of sight, out of mind!

takeitez's avatar - japheth
    Carters Lake, Ga.
    United States
    Member #5313
    June 29, 2004
    1065 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2006, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

I think it would be a good thing. Then we could skip the gossip columns and go to the business pages!

ez

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
      Mid-Missouri
      United States
      Member #644
      August 31, 2002
      4271 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2006, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

What Rick suggested (and has been suggested before) is absolutely the way to go...That would solve lots of problems...One of the biggest reasons I left 3 or 4 months ago was because I was tired of the constant BS being spewed by the couple of folks. And now I have returned 4 months later to see the same problems with the same people being discussed again. Being able to drop the whole subject line for certain posters would end that once and for all and make the LP a much more enjoyable place to visit again.

Just my 2 cents worth,
      Bryan :)

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
        Clarkston, Michigan
        United States
        Member #76
        January 6, 2002
        8528 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2006, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Rick..........out of sight, out of mind, ease of use.......

What I get irritated is when one number is the "Topic."  Now I don't mean just once a day....heck some people do it over and over again until they got like 5 or 6 topics with just 1 number.......if ya wanna post the "hot numbers', start a thread and post it there all in one spot.  Like Rick said, we would still have to wade thru all that in the current block format.  If someone was that certain of a number, they should post it on the prediction board where it belongs.

Sandy

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20124 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2006, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Now, If all concerned would have learned to channel their animosities into some thing posistive, we wouldn't be doing this thread now  would we?

Each and every one here at LP is a different individual, regardless of your background. Take the time to respect other's rights, just as you would your own. Once you given respect to others, IT WILL COME BACK TO YOU...!

This is the best lottery site on the Internet, Respect it... 

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2006, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Good to hear from you again, Bryan....now git yer ass postin' picks again! You WON'T be on my block list...lol

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

dphillips's avatar - littleuns
              Albuquerque, New Mexico
              United States
              Member #5128
              June 18, 2004
              377 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2006, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

And all the church said...AMEN!

See Ya!-- Bye, bye!  When you win, may you glow as brightly as theSun Smiley

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                Member #14
                November 9, 2001
                31363 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2006, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

What Rick suggested (and has been suggested before) is absolutely the way to go...That would solve lots of problems...One of the biggest reasons I left 3 or 4 months ago was because I was tired of the constant BS being spewed by the couple of folks. And now I have returned 4 months later to see the same problems with the same people being discussed again. Being able to drop the whole subject line for certain posters would end that once and for all and make the LP a much more enjoyable place to visit again.

Just my 2 cents worth,
                Bryan :)

I Agree!

love to nibble those micey feet.

Bluegrass's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                  Killer's Cove
                  United States
                  Member #57
                  December 17, 2001
                  5631 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2006, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

One addition that I would like to see.......when you put someone on your block list, their threads (or topics) should not be showing up either. Maybe I'm mistaken or didn't do it right but the blocked people on my list are still authors of half the threads on the first page.

One argument here was about people posting so many threads every day and having to wade through all the pages of threads to come to the ones of substance....and having your thread on page 2 in 15 minutes and page 4 in an hour because the "topic starters" felt loquacious at the same time.

Even though they're blocked, their threads are still there and I'm still wading. Their responses to posts are blocked but not the threads they started and answered to for the "bump" to page one.

Just my opinion, but if I want a poster blocked from my viewing I want them blocked....totally. The threads are more important of an issue than the posts when it comes to blocking. It would reduce the active topics pages by half by just eliminating a handful of excessive topic starters. It would also resolve the problem of topics that one may be interested in going to page 2 in 15 minutes.

I'm not trying to be a trouble maker but I feel this way and other members do as well.

It is just a suggestion.

Thank you Rick !    Thank you Todd !

Partybg

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31363 Posts
                    Posted: January 14, 2006, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Rick..........out of sight, out of mind, ease of use.......

What I get irritated is when one number is the "Topic."  Now I don't mean just once a day....heck some people do it over and over again until they got like 5 or 6 topics with just 1 number.......if ya wanna post the "hot numbers', start a thread and post it there all in one spot.  Like Rick said, we would still have to wade thru all that in the current block format.  If someone was that certain of a number, they should post it on the prediction board where it belongs.

sandy - really like your signature about boasters!!!!Thumbs Up

love to nibble those micey feet.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: January 14, 2006, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

OK, Rick that makes sense.  I was trying to take a middle ground that lets you change your mind and see the existence of the topic, but if you're saying that in practice it would be better to eliminate the threads from your display altogether, then I can certainly make that change.  If anyone else wants to weigh in on this topic, that would be fine.

OH I think that would be wonderful..

It would save a lot of time..

Thanks Rick for mentioning this..

I didn't want to feel like I was asking too much to have the blocked.. completely blocked..

I have already asked for GOLD.. the vtracs results page.. and felt that I shouldn't ask for anything more..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: January 14, 2006, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Todd mentioned

You know what else?  Within the next month or so I'm going to start developing some new features, like the Vtracs page, advanced predictions posting tools, favorites bookmarking, continued improvements on search, and a variety of other things.  Sadly, there will be some people who will pick out one or two of those new features and come to the conclusion that I support some other "faction" of members more than them.  Then, they'll go complaining to their cohorts about "see how Todd supported 'thus and such' by doing that?"  And then more stirring the pot, and so on.

I am really looking forward to the next couple months..  The new added features will save a lot of time, and will leave less room for errors.  Those that do not want to use a  feature shouldn't complain because others do. You are a very fair man when it comes to provided tools necessary to whip this game.  If someone has a system that could possibly be easier to run with an additional tool, they should request it.

Looking forward to the vtrac results pages.. I am sure a lot of people will use them.  As much trouble as vtracs are to track for all states, then a upgrade membership would be the way to go, to  have all the results updated for you ...

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

bubber58's avatar - lol

United States
                          Member #3094
                          December 23, 2003
                          1059 Posts
                          Posted: January 14, 2006, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

I am baffled at the strange outburst of fights between members, and I'm getting lots of Private Messages from people complaining about each other.

Let me just say -- stop it.

I'm not interested in your private wars between each other, and anyone who communicates back and forth with other members complaining about some other member(s) is being very childish, and maybe you just need to take a break.

Also, anyone who doesn't like when someone posts a lot of messages -- tough luck.  If someone stays within the rules, then you're either going to have to live with it, or leave. 

I'm not interested in complaints about how much one person posts, or a particular system that someone hates, or even that you don't like me. 

If you don't like a particular member, I have provided built-in ways to block people.

If you're too cheap to upgrade your membership to use the advanced blocking features, then you'll just have to live with looking at that member's posts. 

I don't want a few complainers to poison the well for all the other (majority) of people who find a way to live in harmony with the other 30,000 members.  Again, please leave if you can't cope with people with different opinions from you.

I personally LOVE the diversity of ideas and people here, and I encourage people to explore lots of different ideas and methods.

You know what else?  Within the next month or so I'm going to start developing some new features, like the Vtracs page, advanced predictions posting tools, favorites bookmarking, continued improvements on search, and a variety of other things.  Sadly, there will be some people who will pick out one or two of those new features and come to the conclusion that I support some other "faction" of members more than them.  Then, they'll go complaining to their cohorts about "see how Todd supported 'thus and such' by doing that?"  And then more stirring the pot, and so on.

I consider that kind of behavior POISION to the forums, and lately I have been taking the attitude that I will remove any poison from the forums quickly, no matter who or what it is.  Ask Dman.

If you have personally been complaining to people a lot, just please stop, and instead of always looking on the negative side of life, try seeing other people's perspectives and enjoy the diversity.

there comes a time to take control... wtg Todd

Let me just say thanks for lotterypost  and most of its members who help us get better at this game.. 

Columbia, SC
                            United States
                            Member #28000
                            December 8, 2005
                            96 Posts
                            Posted: January 14, 2006, 8:56 pm - IP Logged
                                 Todd well stated  I am back in my online class now and I post this at the beginning of the class in the chat room author is unknown: I decided to post it in this forum also

DIVERSITY
                            The beauties of nature come in all colors.
                            The strengths of human kind come in many forms.
                            Every human being is wonderfully unique.
                            All of us contribute in different ways
                            When we learn to honor the difference, and appreciate
                            the mix, we find harmony.
                              Debzo's avatar - disney29

United States
                              Member #4822
                              May 26, 2004
                              62 Posts
                              Posted: January 15, 2006, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Follow your dreamsCoffee