Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Strange Fights Between Members

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 11 years ago by getfashions.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23273 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2006, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

I am baffled at the strange outburst of fights between members, and I'm getting lots of Private Messages from people complaining about each other.

Let me just say -- stop it.

I'm not interested in your private wars between each other, and anyone who communicates back and forth with other members complaining about some other member(s) is being very childish, and maybe you just need to take a break.

Also, anyone who doesn't like when someone posts a lot of messages -- tough luck.  If someone stays within the rules, then you're either going to have to live with it, or leave. 

I'm not interested in complaints about how much one person posts, or a particular system that someone hates, or even that you don't like me. 

If you don't like a particular member, I have provided built-in ways to block people.

If you're too cheap to upgrade your membership to use the advanced blocking features, then you'll just have to live with looking at that member's posts. 

I don't want a few complainers to poison the well for all the other (majority) of people who find a way to live in harmony with the other 30,000 members.  Again, please leave if you can't cope with people with different opinions from you.

I personally LOVE the diversity of ideas and people here, and I encourage people to explore lots of different ideas and methods.

You know what else?  Within the next month or so I'm going to start developing some new features, like the Vtracs page, advanced predictions posting tools, favorites bookmarking, continued improvements on search, and a variety of other things.  Sadly, there will be some people who will pick out one or two of those new features and come to the conclusion that I support some other "faction" of members more than them.  Then, they'll go complaining to their cohorts about "see how Todd supported 'thus and such' by doing that?"  And then more stirring the pot, and so on.

I consider that kind of behavior POISION to the forums, and lately I have been taking the attitude that I will remove any poison from the forums quickly, no matter who or what it is.  Ask Dman.

If you have personally been complaining to people a lot, just please stop, and instead of always looking on the negative side of life, try seeing other people's perspectives and enjoy the diversity.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:05 am - IP Logged

I Agree!......here lately i've been thinking twice before even doing a poll in fear that i might offend someone.or that i might've offended someone by posting some subject someone didn't like.or i posted too much at 4 in the morning.feels like the shackles have come off in a way.its refreshing....thanks!

Ms. Pat's avatar - Lottery-032.jpg
      Fayetteville, Georgia
      United States
      Member #3593
      February 2, 2004
      2285 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:10 am - IP Logged

Todd
      Well said and amen!
      Ms. Pat

Plymouth, MI
        United States
        Member #23028
        October 6, 2005
        42 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:12 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd, keep up the good work.

Fraser 

Alabama
          United States
          Member #17830
          June 27, 2005
          309 Posts
          Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:24 am - IP Logged

I agree.  It's ok to disagree with someone, but please folks, do it respectfully!

I'm looking forward to all the new features that are in the works.  Thanks for all you do, Todd!

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

timetowin's avatar - paladin Nikroan.png
            Atlanta
            United States
            Member #8499
            November 7, 2004
            313 Posts
            Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:53 am - IP Logged

Well put Todd.  I know I work all day and Lotterypost is my way of eliminating stress. The constant bickering I have observe here is definately a turn off. We are are a diverse group and all will not agree at all times, but we have one thing in common we like the lottery.  I see  things here I do not like, and a whole lot I do like. We have some people who love to post numbers. We have some people who  play posted numbers and if the number is not a winner, they attack the poster.  Let me assure you nothing in life is promised, things can change in the blink of an eye.  Waking up everyday and all is well with you and yours is what is to me a winner. We do not have to like each others ideas but one thing we must do is respect each other. Now enough of my rambling and lets say a prayer for those members  who are going through difficult times.  Many blessings to all.   Love 

Believe in the unbelievable.

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
              Redford/MI
              United States
              Member #3396
              January 18, 2004
              4867 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2006, 12:53 am - IP Logged

I agree.  This is a forum--We're suppose to post here. 

And who cares who's idea it was to come up with more tools for the forum to use (as long as the forum continues to grow) 

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                Wisconsin
                United States
                Member #1303
                March 27, 2003
                1508 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2006, 6:30 am - IP Logged

Very good Todd ! WTG ! There is no "right" method or "way" or "opinion" (if there were, then its success alone would be unrefutable and everyone would be hitting daily jackpots) and the old saying "Different strokes for different folks" still remains true.  And I personally really find it a waste of my time (which I consider to be worth something) to trudge through a thread that is devolving into a flame war. Frankly, I don't care about whether one member is all upset over another member for whatever reason.  That's not my concern.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Zoozie's avatar - back
                  South Fort Myers
                  United States
                  Member #26835
                  November 23, 2005
                  454 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2006, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Hail to Todd, the Chief  Patriot

My first week here at Lottery Post was great, up until I started posting different methods or techniques to try.  I then learned about PM's and whom I could trust and who was slamming me.  Amazing that some people are so closed minded, they think only their method works or they own this forum.  I was quickly discouraged at that point, but refused to let these so called "cronies" get me to leave this forum because I had ideas or suggestions.  I upgraded my membership within a week of joining... but came time to upgrade again and I debated whether I wanted to put up with the BULLSH*T of these cronies.

I let Todd know I was renewing my membership because of the features here at Lottery Post, which are FANTASTIC!  Did I ever complain to anyone about these "cronies"... well NO.  I keep thinking to myself that between all of us who are trying to generate a secondary or even primary income with pick 3 or 4 will eventually come up with an AWESOME system - and those "cronies" will be left out because of their hatefulness, rudeness or closemindedness.

There are others whom I am in contact with OFF this forum and we are sharing ideas, methods, techniques, etc. because of the way we are treated in the forum.  Of course, we still use the forum and interact with others - once we come up with that AWESOME method, we will share with those who are just as open to lottery knowledge as we are.

You can not make everyone happy, of course.  Especially when we have 30,000 members here.  I can say one thing - there are many, MANY people who will only read the forum and learn, but refuse to post because there are those few "cronies" who jump right in and slam the person to make them feel stupid or take over the actual thread to deter others from the original ideas.

We can not change the minds of those who are closed minded.  Negativity breeds negativity.  Keep a positive mind and do what you feel is in the best interest of YOURSELF and attracting those who are like-minded to share your ideas with.

Thanks Todd for this great site!  We know you are working extremely hard on this site and there are MANY of us who appreciate your efforts.

(Wonder how many PM's I am going to get now accusing me of kissing as*!)  Thud

Zoozie  Dance

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve"
                  Napoleon Hill

luckieStarr's avatar - darven
                    philadelphia,PA
                    United States
                    Member #27080
                    November 26, 2005
                    507 Posts
                    Posted: January 13, 2006, 8:42 am - IP Logged

Todd is being so right and so fair...would love to have him as a boss lol

But, come on people this is free will...to come to this site...if you start reading a post and don't think you're to like it...stop reading...hit the back or forward bottom...

I don't think it's fair to read a post and complain, especially after you keep reading posts from the same poster and complain?  Who is forcing you to keep reading those posts?

I feel if Todd doesn't complain...

Honesty, I read all posts (that I want to) whether I like them or not...Boxing

Let's all kiss and make up with...1600Lovies

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!

Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23273 Posts
                      Posted: January 13, 2006, 8:43 am - IP Logged

Wonderful post Zoozie.  Thanks for sharing that.  I think you're absolutely correct about all those things.

Cheers

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23273 Posts
                        Posted: January 13, 2006, 8:44 am - IP Logged

LuckieStarr,

I like how you end your post with a number to share -- classy!

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                          Charlotte NC
                          United States
                          Member #17406
                          June 18, 2005
                          4053 Posts
                          Posted: January 13, 2006, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Hurray!Good for you Zookie!

takeemtothebank

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                            Member #5599
                            July 13, 2004
                            1185 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2006, 8:57 am - IP Logged

First of all, thanks Todd for addressing this issue.

If you want to see how bad a site can get, go to the google lottery group. I would hate to see the lottery post end up the same way.

Perhaps, if all posts we're kept on topic only (being the lottery), alot of greif would be avoided and we wouldn't lose so many quality posters that really did add diversity and out of the box thinking to the lottery post.

And lastly..ego's, ego's, ego's......good luck Todd. Not an easy road.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

takeitez's avatar - japheth
                              Carters Lake, Ga.
                              United States
                              Member #5313
                              June 29, 2004
                              1065 Posts
                              Posted: January 13, 2006, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Even if we did not have a place to post and learn and share ideas, The Tools alone on this site are awesome, powerful and diverse enough to be worth several times the price of the premium membership cost.

Read the posters you like. Block or ignore the ones you wish .

ez