Record $150 million Euro Millions lottery drawing Friday

Jan 17, 2006, 8:03 am (53 comments)

Euro Millions

Fortune-hunters are set to propel the Euro Millions jackpot to a record £85 million (US$150 million), experts said yesterday.

If one player wins the jackpot this Friday they will pocket 4-times more than Britain's biggest National Lottery winner.

In just seconds they would have more cash than David and Victoria Beckham, whose joint wealth is estimated at £75 million.

A National Lottery spokesman said: "If a lot of people all over Europe decide to have a go the jackpot could be £85 million." If no one wins, the jackpot could be £100 million next week.

Biggest winner yet of the weekly Euro Millions draw was Dolores McNamara, 46, from Limerick in Ireland who landed £77 million last year.  The biggest National Lottery winners were Robert Jeffrey, 62, and wife Iris, 58.  The Belfast pair won £20 million in 2004.

The current EuroMillions jackpot run started November 11.  Odds of the jackpot win are 76 million to one, but there are eleven other ways to win a lower prize.

Lottery Post Staff

Tags for this story

Other popular tags

Comments

allcash!

how and where  to play? what do you do if you got lucky?

fxsterling

click to the left  play prime time it's $20.00 for 4 tickets      thursday night the jackpot could even grow more      the drawing cut-off is 8 am friday and the      drawing is 7pm New York time friday  i.ve won a few bucks before          good luck

Chewie

click to the left  play prime time it's $20.00 for 4 tickets      thursday night the jackpot could even grow more      the drawing cut-off is 8 am friday and the      drawing is 7pm New York time friday  i.ve won a few bucks before          good luck

Have several creditr cards handy - DO IT NOW!  Be prepared for multiple declines.

fxsterling

may be a big of chips

mylollipop's avatarmylollipop

How about a USA Lottery. PatriotEvery state would be able to participate and instead of the proceeds going to education, the proceeds will be for natural disasters in the USA.  Katrina and Wilma victims certainly could use any kind of boost.  Imagine loosing everything! 

1. Drawings would be on Monday so as not to interfere with the PB or MM Drawings which are held on WS and TF respectively. 
  2. Base amount of jackpot would be $25,000,000.00.  The minimum amount it would go up per week would be $15,000,000.00 if no one won.
  3. Lump sum or annuity option, of course.
  4. Second Place Prize of $500,000.00
  5. Bonus Ball Prize.  The 1 'USA' Ball number would be red, white or blue.  If a white ball is drawn, no extra bonus; if a red ball is drawn, add $1,000,000.00 to the jackpot prize; if a blue ball is drawn, double the jackpot prize.  The player marks on the playslip which color and number the USA Ball will be.  If the player is right, the player wins the amount associated with that ball color in addition to the jackpot---that is if they win the jackpot.  USA ball pick not valid on matching less than 7 numbers.
  6. Seven (7) number draw, with the 7th number being the magic USA ball.  There would be only one blue ball, a few red balls, and numerous white balls for the USA ball.  This would be so much fun, I think!

Let's Hear It for the USA Lottery!!!

gocart1's avatargocart1

can someone help me with the math........if one us dollar is 1.2096 to  one euro

75 euro x 1.2096 = 90.70 dollars

whitmansm2's avatarwhitmansm2

How about a USA Lottery. PatriotEvery state would be able to participate and instead of the proceeds going to education, the proceeds will be for natural disasters in the USA.  Katrina and Wilma victims certainly could use any kind of boost.  Imagine loosing everything! 

1. Drawings would be on Monday so as not to interfere with the PB or MM Drawings which are held on WS and TF respectively. 
  2. Base amount of jackpot would be $25,000,000.00.  The minimum amount it would go up per week would be $15,000,000.00 if no one won.
  3. Lump sum or annuity option, of course.
  4. Second Place Prize of $500,000.00
  5. Bonus Ball Prize.  The 1 'USA' Ball number would be red, white or blue.  If a white ball is drawn, no extra bonus; if a red ball is drawn, add $1,000,000.00 to the jackpot prize; if a blue ball is drawn, double the jackpot prize.  The player marks on the playslip which color and number the USA Ball will be.  If the player is right, the player wins the amount associated with that ball color in addition to the jackpot---that is if they win the jackpot.  USA ball pick not valid on matching less than 7 numbers.
  6. Seven (7) number draw, with the 7th number being the magic USA ball.  There would be only one blue ball, a few red balls, and numerous white balls for the USA ball.  This would be so much fun, I think!

Let's Hear It for the USA Lottery!!!

Why just one blue ball?  Why not two blue balls?

The USA rules are as follows:

The government will get an additional 10% because of the use of the name USA.

Depending on the states that voted for Bush.....they get a discount and a Horse if they win.  All other's get a 15% penalty plus a punishment of listening to him give an empromtu speach at a woman's rally.

The other rules will be announced after a person wins.

Sounds about right?

LOL

hsvscubaski

And make it totally TAX FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAG331

$150 million doesn't do the Euromillions jackpot justice.

Powerball would be advertising this at $508 million!

Fraserm

Well I tried two different credit cards this morning and both were declined.  I'll try again later or maybe I should just hop on a plane for Europe.

Fraser 

Big Cozy

That is bad. I'm actually in the UK right now. Looking forward to playing it on Friday.  Shoot it's $151 million tax-free (equivalent to a $500 million US Lottery), until the IRS finds out LOL!!!

RJOh's avatarRJOh

That is bad. I'm actually in the UK right now. Looking forward to playing it on Friday.  Shoot it's $151 million tax-free (equivalent to a $500 million US Lottery), until the IRS finds out LOL!!!

Good luck to you Big Cozy.  Since you're in the UK, you won't have to worry about IRS unless you're a US citizen.  I'm actually in the US and have no plans to move so I don't worry about big jackpots in Europe because I know MegaMillions or PowerBall will have large jackpots sooner or later and I'm willing to pay the taxes if if win. 

Chewie

Well I tried two different credit cards this morning and both were declined.  I'll try again later or maybe I should just hop on a plane for Europe.

Fraser 

With my luck, the air lines would also decime my card!

Just6ntlc

I hope one ticket wins Euro Millions on this draw. Good luck to you Big Cozy.

gocart1's avatargocart1

whats an airline ticket cost to england these days

Todd's avatarTodd

I just noticed that PTS now uses the Verified by Visa during their credit card processing, so I'll bet most people could get their credit cards to work now.  Chewie, you should give it another try.

gocart1's avatargocart1

anyone on here ever use thePRIME TICKET SERVICE .were you happy with the service

gocart1's avatargocart1

?

fxsterling

happy ya  but i feel bad when my card didn't work I've got 4 but new #'s have come to me and I need 4 more will try now

whitmansm2's avatarwhitmansm2

I used Prime Ticket. There for awhile I was getting the power ball every time! I joined to play Mega Millions because it's not offered here, but played PB with my winnings. Then decided it would be cheaper to go down the street and just buy my own. Haven't touched a powerball since. Go figure.

Chewie

I just noticed that PTS now uses the Verified by Visa during their credit card processing, so I'll bet most people could get their credit cards to work now.  Chewie, you should give it another try.

It took three tries, but it finally accepted the charge.  It declined once, then timed out in Spain, then worked.  Hopefully it is permenant.

dvdiva's avatardvdiva

Hurray!  Yeah!!  Looks like they fixed the credit card problem they were having. The difference is that the website wasn't even trying to reach the bank before, now it works. Glad my order sneaked in before the deadline which must be pretty soon. Look forward to doing more business with them if it rolls (as unlikely as that is). Much cheaper than going to Europe and getting them. This way I only have to go to Europe if I win Wink

Fraserm

OK I was just able to place an order with PTS and I did get my confirmation email.  Someone asked earlier about cost of flying to Europe, well from Detroit to London England it's about 3,000 for economy amd 6,000 for First Class.  Those dollar amounts are for next week so are at a premium because of timing.  Heck if you win that kind of money buy the whole first class cabin and party all the way there and back with your buddies.  Good Luck to all who purchased ticketsBig Smile

Fraser 

Big Cozy

Unfortunately, I am a US citizen.  However, I'm here in the UK to get married and remain here.

Perhaps if the numbers hit, maybe I would claim it anonymously or have my fiance (who is Swedish citizen and EU national) claim the prize, thus, it will remain tax-free. Maybe create a trust in her name and I'd be the sole executor, before moving back to the US. Who knows?

But the IRS wouldn't know who if I'd won or better yet, they have no authority to tax her.  Cool huh!

Good luck to all with PB ($101 million). 

Does anyone have any numbers they want me to play for them? 

mylollipop's avatarmylollipop

Sure we do Goof

gocart1's avatargocart1

yea

JAG331

Just put my order through.  Mastercard was declined.  Visa accepted.

Good luck on the drawing tomorrow afternoon!

BaristaExpress's avatarBaristaExpress

It took three tries, but it finally accepted the charge.  It declined once, then timed out in Spain, then worked.  Hopefully it is permenant.

This was a posting once before on LP but it was deleted. If it had been left alone so the membership could see it, you all would have known it was being implemented! But that didn't happen! So here it is without my bad mouthing PTS like before, that caused it to be deleted in the first place!

Prime Ticket Service

Customer Service Reply

From: Prime Ticket Service <service@betslips.com> Block Sender | Block Domain
Date: 2006/01/18 Wed AM 05:23:51 GMT

We have been assured by our credit card bank processors that as of 7 P.M. US Eastern 13 January 2006, the glitch in their system that was preventing some customers from processing their orders has been corrected.

We have, indeed, noticed a significant increase in successful processing since that time.

However, some credit card members may still not be able to process their orders because they may not have signed up with the new "3-D" security features of their credit card providers.

This means the following for various members:

For Visa card Holders, they may need to contact their credit card providers and request information on activating their card with "Verified By Visa" .

For MasterCard Holders, they may need to contact their credit car providers and request information on activating their card with "MasterCard Secure" .

We recommend that you follow either of the above suggestions to get your card activated with it's 3-D security feature.

Even after some customers have attempted these solutions, they may still not be able to process because their banks may not be 3-D ready yet or their bank does not allow charges associated with "gambling" websites.

We are, however, investigating other payment solutions for those customers who may still be prevented from ordering.

Thank you!

Todd's avatarTodd

Thank you for not bad-mouthing PTS again.

BaristaExpress's avatarBaristaExpress

It wouldn't be worth my time to do so again. Besides it would only get deleted again, even if my bad mouthing was justified! So why do it!

Todd's avatarTodd

Your bad-mouthing was not justified, which is why I deleted it.  We have a "no personal attacks" rule on Lottery Post, and that applies to our sponsors as well.

If you'd like to continue this subject, we can do it through private messaging, because I'm sure nobody wants to have to read this negative stuff.

fxsterling

I felt like I was panning for gold   PRIME TICKET SERVICE          worked and i hope it was worth it      math tells me this 151 million is the big one       can't wait for pb to HIT 500 million may not happen      LUCKY STARS 2-7  6-9  3-8  3-4  AND 5+

Todd's avatarTodd

Good luck tomorrow!

shalini

I believe the tkts are going @100,000 an hour!! lottomania.....now I wonder why...I've bought 5, my idiot brother has bought 200!!

LOTTOMIKE's avatarLOTTOMIKE

200 is a bit much.i hope that wasn't in dollars,lol.you can win on 5 or 10 just as much as you could 200 when the odds are as high as they are.....i did that once with powerball for a while.burned through money like it was going out of style.now if i do buy its 5 bucks worth and not hundreds.i should've been slapped out of my misery for doing that and if i had it to do over again i would have most of the money i blew when powerball fever came to tennessee in the summer of 2004.good luck everyone and be responsible....Cheers

shalini

in pounds...thats 300 pounds..I told him if he wins he'll win on one ...

anonymous77's avataranonymous77

Shalini, I understand you care about your brother. But, on the other hand, I think your brother would have about 40 times better odds of hitting $150M jackpot than you even though one ticket may win it. Good luck to you and your brother!

shalini

thanks...I hope he wins something...just spoke to my sister in london...she says the lotto queues are ginormous..................please, please let me win some!!

gocart1's avatargocart1

good luck tonight to all that played eruo millions

gocart1's avatargocart1

lets see if anyone hitts it

Fraserm

No one hit.  Next Friday's jackpot will be close to 180 million dollars.

Chewie

Well, atleast I was able to have the opportunity to loose my twenty bucks.  Time to see if they'll take my bet for next Friday.

Chewie

PTS took my bet without a single hitch.

Todd's avatarTodd

I just placed my order as well.  Worked perfectly.  Good luck Chewie!  (And everyone else playing next Friday.)

JAG331

$600 million by Powerball's standards.

That's worth another $20.

Big Cozy

Hey, Guys. 

I hope somebody wins the jackpot [Hopefully me- "giggle giggle"] by February 10, 2006.  The Camelot group, who runs Euromillions, stated that the prize will then be divided amongst those winners in the second tier level. The prize will start from the bottom again. Bummer huh?

Chewie

Hey, Guys. 

I hope somebody wins the jackpot [Hopefully me- "giggle giggle"] by February 10, 2006.  The Camelot group, who runs Euromillions, stated that the prize will then be divided amongst those winners in the second tier level. The prize will start from the bottom again. Bummer huh?

I would imagine us greedy people will not allow it to go until February 10th.  Too many tickets being purchased, each thinking they know more then the other betting person.

striper

I have no luck ordering from PTS this week. I was able to order for the last two drawings. My card now declines after two previous orders. Signed up two visa cards with Verified by Visa. Both were declined afterwards. I didn't see PTS in the list of Verified Visa online merchants, on Visa's website though. Tried my Debit card. That declines too!! Bummer.

fxsterling

180 million doesn't come easy try again you got till 8am friday

striper

Just spent another 30 minutes tryi g with no luck.

Could someone post the Issuing bank and type of card they are using, that acutally works? Thanks.

Todd's avatarTodd

As the commercial says, what's in your wallet?

dvdiva's avatardvdiva

Visa debit card, Bank of America. Mac OS X 10.4, firefox 1.5 (I never order stuff on a pc). I think they have had problems off and on. It helps if you tell the website it's a new card then just enter in the same card. I got mine to work that way.

Also check the uk national lottery website to see if they are up, if it's down the order doesn't go through. 

fxsterling

you got to 8am  i'm in no problems

End of comments
Subscribe to this news story