Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wow This Place has Changed!!

Topic closed. 54 replies. Last post 11 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Sage's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
Dunwoody Georgia
United States
Member #747
September 29, 2002
659 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:01 am - IP Logged

A lot of you people who are new here at the post may not know me, but I for one who hasn't posted in a long time have been around this thread for a long time.  I remember when the lottery post was only a yellow background with red letters and it was  a continuous thread.  Most of us posted at Maybell, but Todd has always kept a really nice thread going and thus The Lottery post has evolved to  become the Number 1 place to go for your tips and to work with one another. 

I see a few old faces and lots of new ones, but let's not forget what this forum is for?  TO HELP ONE ANOTHER.  I see lots of egos and attitudes flying around and there is no need for that?  No one has to prove anything to anyone, but negative energy keeps a lot of good number playing people away.  People with season minds and strategies for winning at the pick 3 game. 

We use to all be a family, but I don't see that here anymore which is why I stopped coming, but I still have a few good friends that are still here so I come to say hello and check on them from time to time.  I posted  a few days ago about Sedertrees 60/40 wheel and I had about 80 people look at the thread, but no one could point me in the right direction or if they could they wouldn't!

In any event my point is in the older days even if people couldn't help they would post something and encourage you to keep strving for what you were looking for.  My point exactly.  Most of you here are too selfish to even care about anybody else, but yourself and you never know what I as The One and Only Green Sage knows that could help you in your game.

It is easy to post a bunch of numbers and  say this is for all states using the same numbers?  WHAT KIND OF SYSTEM IS THAT??  Since we are all so good we should be able to pick any given state and hit for that state correct?  Don't get things twisted people I'm not angry at any of you all and I'm not trying to put anyone down, but sometimes things can get so negative around here that people just stay away from the post.  This really used to be the Lottery Post, but now it has become THE POST where peole can post anyting and everything to pu tpeople down and hurt people.

People post things to hurt instead of help and I don't know why Todd even allows some of these trouble makers to post here because it affects the rest of us.  I asked someone in particular since I live in ga and we use the same Lottery Bible for her input and she opened my private message and didn't even respond back?  That tells us a lot about your personality and your ego and remember people there is no I in team.  I want to thank some people for their years of service to The Lottery Post and Maybell from back in the days when we were all one big happy family!

Todd, Bob Bluegrass, Pick 3 Fairy, Larry G, Rick G, Sederetree, Adolph Barr, Sandy K Emiley, Jazzy Jasper, Chouqunette, The Bug,  Bird, RonPayMeNow, Webmaster Leroy, Pick 3/4 master, Dk, MIke K and Bill Mark and so many others here who do such a great Job for the rest of us. 

If if didn't post your name that doesn't mean I forgot about you.  I'm trying to get this off my chest and move on.  I will always come to The Post and I will always keep in touch with my friends.  I wish you all the best of luck in all your number endeavers!  Take care and my words of wisdom to you are STOP BEING SO MEAN TO EACH OTHER!

THE GREEN SAGE

It's Never Too Late To Be The Person You Could Of Been!I Agree!

greeneyes's avatar - disney18

United States
    Member #19
    November 22, 2001
    1414 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:23 am - IP Logged

I agree with you 100 percent .

Thanks All

THE BUG's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
      alabama
      United States
      Member #5155
      June 20, 2004
      2694 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:27 am - IP Logged

long time no see Sage-welcome back

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
        Norfolk , Va
        United States
        Member #4541
        May 2, 2004
        25092 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Sage, I read your post and thank you for writing it. I have always been under the impression that this site is the best and it is here for folks to help one another. I still feel that way. I have learned alot about this numbers game and it was throught the good people on here. Without them I'd still be drawing my picks out of a hat or something.Some of those that has helped me along are Sandy K , Undress, CD, Tntea, Mswiz, Saleo Paleo, and alot that read my posts and give me idea's about what they think. I can't forget Todd for sure because without him I suppose there wouldnt be this great site. I wasn't here way back when but I have been on here off and on for over a year or more. Whatever I learned I learned here, and some I came up with my own methods from what I learned here. I dont know who is mean to who. I dont pay attention much to that part. Thanks again for what you had written and good luck.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

Poway CA (San Diego County)
          United States
          Member #3489
          January 25, 2004
          14120 Posts
          Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Sage, I agree with you, also.  I think that the "all states" feature has turned out to be a favorite thing for people to use so that they get a lot of hits on the prediction results page.  Also there are things like people posting a bunch of pairs and saying that they will hit somewhere some time!!  Most of us that have been around for awhile recoginize them for what they are but new members or guests don't. 

Please don't be a stranger to Lottery Post. 

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Took this off my Blog because it seemed to fit.

101.... Sociology and Psychology of the group

The Essential Rules for Human Organization - Magic Numbers

Magic Numbers

There seem to be a set of what are called "magic numbers" of human social combinations. We think that they are related to our hunter gatherer past. You see them most clearly in the military. They pose big challenges for any organization such as a business which grows through the thresholds as they drive a different dynamic

1. 5-8 the core group of intimacy,. In the Roman army the number was 8. They shared a tent. This seems to be the ideal meeting number for rich ideas without too much inertia. Many sports teams are built around this number. It is likely the ideal hunting number of men - you see this on the basketball court - it is the number where you don't have to think about the others - you just know that they are there. In a business this would be the size where little formal action will be required to connect everyone and no work on the culture is needed either as this size always connects by design. This can be quite democratic

2. 25-35 The platoon. We think that this number can be extended to 50. This was likely the size of most Hunter gatherer tribes and represents the core group for work. This is still an intimate group but a hierarchy will have formed. There will have to be a leader - if not appointed one will emerge. Not a lot of cultural work needed to link everyone but a good connecting tool will be needed to link everyone. The fire was the old tool. Blogging seems like a good modern version of the fire where learning was given and received in the form of stories.

3. 450-650. The battalion. This is a very tricky number. It represents the most people that one leader can know and the largest group that can self police. It was likely the size of a "nation" or confederation by blood of tribes. It has to be sub organized into the tribal groups and it has to have a leader. This group is still small enough to "trust" the rest and has the social capital to be collaborative. It is large enough to be quite diverse and can perform very complex work. With all those connectins a channel of connection is important. In the tribal past these groups would have met infrequently and had some sporting, religious or major hunting event to knit the group. In the evenings there would have been extended partying. This is the gene pool bank for successful tribes - you would have married your sister off to a cousin tribe and vice versa so not only would the memes be linked but also the genes.

The problem seems to arise when we violate these building blocks. A school with 1,000 kids and no formal tribal subdivisions will have bullying and discipline problems. Factories with 900 on the shift will have problems. Work teams of less than 5 will not have the richness to outperform teams of 8. Work teams of 12 are too big to function as an intimate group and build friction in a non linear fashion. Intersting that all armies hold true to these numbers and that so few few businesses even consider them.

I am sure that we will find that these numbers will play out in communities of practice. I would be interested to consider the blog-rolls. What is the number for those who closely keep in touch? I bet it is in the 8 person size. I bet most blog-rolls do not practically extend beyond 30

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
              Stone Mountain*Georgia
              United States
              Member #828
              November 2, 2002
              10491 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Here's another good one.

Robin Dunbar and the Magic Number of 150

From http://www.commonsenseadvice.com/index.html

The Magic of 150

Your brain is hard wired to pay attention to about 150 people. Try to have a relationship with any more than that, and your life will turn to pure crap. Just ask the Military, Gore-Tex, or Krippendorf's tribe. They'll all tell you the same thing. One fifty is the way to go. They've known for hundreds of years that people work best in groups of 150 or less. Now it's your turn.

The human cortex, responsible for complex thought and reasoning, is overgrown in humans when compared to other mammals. Scientists have argued for years about why this is the case.

One theory holds that our brains evolved because our primate ancestors began to gather food in more complex ways. They began eating fruit instead of grasses and leaves. This involved traveling long distances to find food, and required each species to maintain a complex mental map in order to keep track of fruit trees. More brainpower might have been needed to determine if a fruit was ripe, or to discern proper methods for peeling fruit or cracking nuts.

The problem with this theory is that if one tries to match brain size with the eating habits of primates, it doesn't work. Some small-brained monkeys are eating fruit and maintaining complex maps and some larger brained primates are eating leaves.

What does work, apparently, is group size. If one examines any species of primate, the larger their neocortex, the larger the average size of the group they live with.

Anthropologist Robin Dunbar has done some of the most interesting research in this area. Dunbar's argument is that as brains evolve, they become larger in order to handle the unique complexities of larger social groups. Humans socialize the largest social groups because we have the largest cortex. Dunbar has developed an equation, which works for most primates, in which he plugs in what he calls the neocortex ratio of a particular species - the size of the neocortex relative to the size of the brain - and the equation gives us the maximum expected group size for each species. For humans, the max group size is 147.8, or about 150. This figure seems to represent the maximum amount of people that we can have a real social relationship with - knowing who another human is and how they relate to us.

Dunbar has gone through anthropological literature and found that the number 150 pops up over and over again. For example, he looked at 21 different hunger-gatherer societies around the world and found that the average number of people in each village was 148.4.

The same pattern holds true for military organization. Over the years, through trial and error, military planners have arrived at a rule of thumb for the size of a functional fighting unit - 200 men. They have realized that it is quite difficult to make any larger a group than this to function as a unit without complicated hierarchies and rules and regulations and formal measures to insure loyalty and unity within the group. With a group of 150 or so, formalities are not necessary. Behavior can be controlled on the basis of personal loyalties and direct man-to-man contacts. With larger groups, this seems impossible.

Further is the religious group known as the Hutterites, who for hundreds of years, through trial and error, have realized that the maximum size for a colony should be, low and behold, 150 people. They've been following this rule for centuries. Every time a colony approaches this number, the colony is divided into two separate colonies. They have found that once a group becomes larger than that, "people become strangers to one another." At 150, the Hutterites believe, something happens that somehow changes the community seemingly overnight. At 150 the colony with spontaneously begin dividing into smaller "clans." When this happens a new colony is formed.

Another good example of our hard wired social limits is Gore Associates, a privately held multimillion-dollar company responsible for creating Gore-Tex fabric and all sorts of other high tech computer cables, filter bags, semiconductors, pharmaceutical, and medical products. What is most unique about this company is that each company plant is no larger than 150. When constructing a plant, they put 150 spaces in the parking lot, and when people start parking on the grass, they know it's time for another plant. Each plant works as a group. There are no bosses. No titles. Salaries are determined collectively. No organization charts, no budgets, no elaborate strategic plans. Wilbert Gore - the late founder of the company, found through trial and error that 150 employees per plant was most ideal. "We found again and again that things get clumsy at a hundred and fifty," he told an interviewer some years ago.

Take a lesson from this. If you are engaged in a large enterprise or are planning to work for one, realize that large groups rapidly reduce the efficiency of an operation. If each department is separated, especially if there are hundreds or thousands of people involved, complex systems of organizations will be required to keep everyone in check. Peer pressure is much more powerful than the somehow vague concept of a boss or punishment. People will work only hard enough not to get fired in a very large group, but will live up to the expectations of their peers in smaller groups where they have a personal relationship with each of their co-workers. Of course, a small group size is not by any means a guarantee of success. Small enterprises fail all the time. It's just a concept -- an idea to keep in the back of your mind as you vegetate in that basement cubicle.

For more information:
              R.I.M Dunbar, "Neocortex size as a constraint on group size in primates," Journal of Human Evolution (1992), vol. 20, pp. 469-493.

Dunbar has also written a good many color=#000000 spiffy books of which I would recommend:
              color=#000000Grooming, Gossip, and the Evolution of Language.

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Zoozie's avatar - back
                South Fort Myers
                United States
                Member #26835
                November 23, 2005
                454 Posts
                Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:55 am - IP Logged

I agree, also.  It has gotten to the point that I will not post numbers on the prediction board any longer.  I am just kicking back playing my numbers and winning almost daily.  Too bad for the attitudes here, as those people are losing out!

In the past few days, I have posted 2 different questions in a new topic and not one single person responded... what does that tell you?  It's a shame is what it is!

ALMOST every single method that I use was posted here to try to help others and get feedback... everyone throwing ideas around... but many have a big chip on their shoulder or think their method is IT!  After many long hours and tedious testing, I have finally come up with a method that generates a minimum of 4 hits and averages 6 hits per week in ONE state.  If I actually took these numbers and made it a 6 way to play straight - then they would hit STRAIGHT an average of 6 times per week.  I made $497 last week in ONE STATE!  Now I am backtesting other states to see if this method works.

I tried and tried to tell everyone in various posts that eventually someone was going to come up with something grand and people was going to miss out...  please do NOT send me a pm and ask for this.

It's also a SHAME - yes a shame that we have another good predictor here named Cashman and he has received nothing but criticizm.  Well folks, it happened - he is leaving us in about a week.

Enough said - I am going to play my numbers now for the week and make some money.........!!!

Zoozie  Dance

"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve"
                Napoleon Hill

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                  FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Well put, Sage, and it's good to see you back.

There are a lot of super-egos on here and unfortunately it is a turn-off to me too. I'm a big mouth and will voice my opinions on this subject when I have the time to wade through the BS...like a Sunday morning so I'm sure my posts are blocked by some people....like I care.

RE: George's (Sedertree) system, I would hope that he reads your thread and responds, but he's not around much any longer either. But here's the jist of it as far as I can remember.

In each pick 3 position you note the numbers that repeated in that position twice most recently. The first 6 numbers to repeat twice most recently are your numbers to include in your 60/40 wheel.

I'm going to just copy/paste some numbers I'm working with to give you an example.

Position 1.............Position 2.............Position 3

8                         8                           5
                  5                         5                           4
                  1                         4                           3
                  3                         1                           6
                  7                         3                           0
                  4                         6                          (not e-nuf examples for 6 dig.)

These were all doubles so it is not an accurate portrayal, just an example. That leaves your wheel at

46?

In my experimenting with it, the strongest numbers to use were rows three and four....143 and 316 in this example. George did it differently, but the idea was that one number from each column would come in that position.

Hope that jogs your memory...mine is shot. What?

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Bluegrass's avatar - nw archer.jpg
                    Killer's Cove
                    United States
                    Member #57
                    December 17, 2001
                    5627 Posts
                    Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Shamel...otherwise known as The Green Sage....Welcome back !

Ignore the arrogance and the prolific inane posts, there is still plenty of good info here, you may have to search a little harder at times to find it now.

Bob Coffeebg

US Flag    Life i$ good !  US Flagbg

bubber58's avatar - lol

United States
                      Member #3094
                      December 23, 2003
                      1059 Posts
                      Posted: January 22, 2006, 11:59 am - IP Logged

Thank you Sage, for your thoughts, I agree, to much hurting one another here any more...

Todd if you changed it where you could not post all states on the prediction board , (make it harder to post all states anyway) just maybe we could see who is really good at this game...  I quit posting all states because I felt bad when I realized I probably cost people their money.  Now I go to who has been hitting and where before I go to the prediction board.. Many thanks to those who have helped me get better at this...

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                        FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: January 22, 2006, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

And a PS to Win D.............that is a very interesting concept about group behavior and I have paid attention to it since you first posted it. It is true...I recognize it all the time now.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                          Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          23260 Posts
                          Posted: January 22, 2006, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

Sage,

Very glad to see you posting, and thanks SO MUCH for posting such a very positive message.  I think people should bookmark your post and look back on it every time they feel animosity toward another member here, or if they're starting trouble behind the scenes, which brings negative energy into the forums.

I too remember those early days very well.  The picture below might help refresh your memory, and might help others see just how far we've all come -- together.

A lot of the personality conflicts are just something that happens when so many different people get together in one place.  I try the best I can to enforce a set of rules -- really a set of principles -- that I believe helps people get along the best they can.

But there only so much that I can do.  Unfortunately, some people feel that they are either above the rules or get so wrapped up in their worlds that they feel their little fiefdoms are all that matters.  That's been happening quite a bit lately, where some people you thought you could trust, and who have been benefiting from Lottery Post for years, are turning around and repaying me -- and repaying everyone -- by starting little insurrections behind the scenes.

There are people who are desperate to create their "lottery utopia" elsewhere, and to those people I would say, "don't let the door hit you on the way out." 

Thank you Sage for reminding us what really matters: working together and taking advantage of all the many, diverse thoughts and ideas -- and personalities -- that come together on this unique web site.

The huge majority of people here are of the same mind as you, and love being together with so many different people.  It is really a small minority of people to whom my above comments apply.  Sometimes it seems like there are many people like that, because of how vocal they are, but believe me when I say that those people don't distract me, and I hope they don't distract you or anyone else, from what really matters.

Lottery Post continues to grow at a fantastic rate every day, and will continue to get better and better.  Thanks for reminding us of how things started.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                            Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23260 Posts
                            Posted: January 22, 2006, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

P.S. Some people enjoy posting All States -- nothing AT ALL wrong with that.  Nobody has a monopoly on what works all the time, so there's nothing that says an All-States poster has the wrong idea.  If that's your thing, more power to you.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Ms. Pat's avatar - Lottery-032.jpg
                              Fayetteville, Georgia
                              United States
                              Member #3593
                              February 2, 2004
                              2284 Posts
                              Posted: January 22, 2006, 12:29 pm - IP Logged

There a many good people here on LP and we learn from each other...It's about Sharing and Winning. To the Good posters there is no reason to stop posting just because we have a few egos. It is unfair for those of us who benefit from your knowledege and expertise. Just IGNORE them and keep posting!

Ms. Pat