Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Joke- What's the difference between

Topic closed. 57 replies. Last post 11 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
luckieStarr's avatar - darven
philadelphia,PA
United States
Member #27080
November 26, 2005
507 Posts
Posted: March 12, 2006, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

That big picture of that bible can be offensive to some people...we do all have different faiths  and different good books, how many regilious or Christain sites post or discuss lottery numbers...if you know of one let me know...those will be some kind of lucky numbers don't you think? 

bible=210

Leaving  Keep It In until It Wins!

Lottery Queen's avatar - 487
    Watch Blinking #
    United States
    Member #34411
    March 3, 2006
    11792 Posts
    Posted: March 12, 2006, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

The Bile never scared me. I know alot of Church People play Lottery.

It's Not How Many Numbers You Post, But If You Can  Post The Right One's To Fall!

konane's avatar - wallace
      Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #1265
      March 13, 2003
      3348 Posts
      Posted: March 12, 2006, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

the lottery commandments

1-thou shalt play mega millions and powerball
      2-thou shalt play pick 3,pick 4,pick5
      3-thou shalt not play computerized drawings
      4-thou shalt not play annuity only lotteries
      5-thou shalt play according to your means

I Agree!

Good luck to everyone!

Coastal Georgia
        United States
        Member #2653
        October 30, 2003
        1866 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2006, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

The Bile never scared me. I know alot of Church People play Lottery.

Bile scares me...

sounds like something medical or anatomical..

( LQ : I know you meant  bible...  just a little humor which is desperately needed here on this thread).

DD

Watch Blinking #
          United States
          Member #34411
          March 3, 2006
          11792 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2006, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Hehe Yup! Good Luck on those Numbers

It's Not How Many Numbers You Post, But If You Can  Post The Right One's To Fall!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
            PA
            United States
            Member #22983
            October 6, 2005
            2226 Posts
            Posted: March 12, 2006, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Sirbrad said:

"Intelligence and rational thinking actually separates man from God ... Man assumes that just because something cannot be "scientifically" proven that it must not exist."

_____________________________________________________________________

Sirbrad:

Thanks for one of the most thought-provoking and well-worded posts I've ever read on this forum.

I wholeheartedly agree. For all the intelligence claimed by the scientific community and the so-called "Illuminati," one would think they would have the good sense to realize that there are things not meant to be understood by mortal man.

Science has an inherent need to explain everything we don't understand; three words you'll never hear from a scientist: "We don't know."

Conjecture spawns a hypothesis, hypotheses become theories and theories become fact under the guise of, "How else can this be explained? It's our best guess until someone comes up with a theory we like better than this one, so this is how it is. Period. End of discussion." 

In addition, "Separation of church and state" has been bastardized to mean we can't put the Ten Commandments on the courthouse lawn, that we can't allow our children to pray in school and that we, as Americans have no use for the Divine principles on which this country was founded. The term actually has nothing to do with keeping God out of the courthouses and schools.

The founding fathers were speaking specifically of the hopelessly corrupt Trinity Church when they put that clause into the the constitution, because they didn't want state (meaning elected) officials in America to be influenced by that body as they were in Britain at the time. The Trinity Church was one of the richest and most powerful entities in the western world, and used their influence to buy British lawmakers and members of Parliament and turn them into puppets. Trinity came to this country with the founding of Jamestown, and bought or otherwise claimed thousands of square miles of land in the northeast. The men who drafted the constitution were not without adequate foresight, an attribute which is sorely missed in our modern politicians, and so they attempted to preclude similar problems here by forbidding our civic leaders from attaching themselves to Trinity. It was simply another measure to protect the general population from corrupt lawmakers.

Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, et. al. envisioned a government not only different, but far removed from the oppressive tyranny which defined England in the  seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. One must remember that we were still British subjects when Jamestown was founded in 1607, and the settlement was financed by The London Company, which had very strong ties to the Trinity Church.

It seems to me that the more we turn away from our religious convictions, the closer this country comes to a complete and utter collapse. Is this a coincidence? Maybe, but by the time we know for certain, it might be too late. When a person finds that all he holds dear is suddenly taken away, for any reason, he will invariably turn to Christ. If all the criminals currently being housed and cared for at our expense (which, in most cases, far exceeds any amount they ever earned while free) had bothered to pick up a Bible before they committed their crimes, I like to believe that most of them wouldn't be there today. It's not necessarily true; it just makes me feel better to believe that.

Someone murders someone else, goes to prison and shortly thereafter is miraculously reborn to religious practices and convictions. This process has been reduced to a very precise formula. However, if prayer were allowed in school, at work, or anywhere else one might choose to pray, isn't it feasible that many potential criminals would look to Divine guidance to help work through their problems before throwing their lives away in a fit of rage or one of desperation? 

Again, maybe not, but it makes me feel better to believe that they would, so unless and until the scientists come up with a better theory, I'll hold onto this one ...

Very well said, and thank you for your elaboration further on the subject. As I said it is very tough to change anothers mindset, all you can usually do is just try to make a difference. Is their a higher cause involved for those who become jackpot winners? Maybe sometimes, sometimes not.

And I agee, not everything is meant, nor ever will be understood by man. I am still trying to figure out where all these crap numbers are coming from after doing weeks and months of analysis, then win more later on via a quick pick. Further proof in itself that sometimes knowledge is useless, and higher powers and even luck can and does reign over skill.

Watch Blinking #
              United States
              Member #34411
              March 3, 2006
              11792 Posts
              Posted: March 12, 2006, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Well sirbrad I am happy your state gave our state 718 hehe now send 669 and 243 here.  I play over due pick 3 numers here but there not falling so I play repeat numbers they fall well.

PA
                United States
                Member #22983
                October 6, 2005
                2226 Posts
                Posted: March 12, 2006, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Well sirbrad I am happy your state gave our state 718 hehe now send 669 and 243 here.  I play over due pick 3 numers here but there not falling so I play repeat numbers they fall well.

Lol what is your state? I could never watch a drawing and match all 5 numbers for the powerball, because if I did not then match the powerball I would probably flip. As usually I would probably miss the powerball by one also, just to add some salt to the wound.

Imagine beating them first five balls odds, then you got 1 more out of 42 to go. (odds 1 in 68.96) That could be a dream come true, or a nightmare. But if you Faith entirely, there should be no worries. Nonetheless I prefer to see the finished draw later usually. Full out misses are less painful than very close ones.

Watch Blinking #
                  United States
                  Member #34411
                  March 3, 2006
                  11792 Posts
                  Posted: March 12, 2006, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

Detroit Michigan I keep up with your state Lottery. I think if you here 718-2023 fell there

for99c's avatar - Lottery-058.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #27861
                    December 6, 2005
                    29 Posts
                    Posted: March 12, 2006, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Remember not only to say
                      the right thing in the
                    right place, but far more
                    difficult still, to leave
                    unsaid the wrong thing at
                      the tempting moment.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                      Member #24380
                      October 21, 2005
                      623 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2006, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

I won't get into a religious debate, as there is little hope of changing someone else's views usually once they are deeply engraved in them. I know many people who do not believe in a God, and who are equally if not more negative and pessimistic about life.

I also know many who seem to always receive good fortune due to their Faith, and are overall happy, and successful in life and always have a positive mindset. Coincidence? Intelligence and rational thinking actually separates man from God, as it is man relying on his own thinking as opposed to letting God handle it. I also struggled with this many times in the past, and was the same way.

Of course it was a life of misery, and nothing ever made sense. But later on I just put my Faith in God and stopped trying to act like I knew everything, and stopped trying to look for rhyme or reason in everything that happened. All the hardship I went through led me to question God's existence many times. It wasn't until I had true Faith that things began to turn around. Some things in life just don't make sense, and man will never have all the answers. It is far from a perfect world, who knows why?

Man assumes that just because something cannot be "scientifically" proven that it must not exist. That is what truly is "stupid." To know all is to again know nothing...Sometimes just a change in how you think can make all the difference in life, especially when you have nothing to lose and are already very jaded, unhappy, and miserable. From such a low point the only way left is upward.

On This Note I Have A Good Story!

There was a teacher in front of a class of small group of Children that was trying to prove the non-existence of God because she said you can not see him so there is no God.

A Small Boy Johnny raised his hand and said: I know God exists because my mother and father, preacher and Bible told me so!

The teacher said to young Johnny, look out the window what do you See? Johnny replies: I see trees, grass, flowers, buildings and a big blue sky! The teacher then said OK look up at the sky you said you could see, and Johnny did so. Then the teacher said do you see God up in the sky and Johnny said No? The teacher said that is because there is no God. If you cannot see him then he must not exist!

Then little Susan raised her hand and asked to speak. The teacher said Yes Susan? And Susan replies:

Johnny, can you see the teacher standing in front of the class? Yes Johnny said I can see the teacher. Susan then said, Johnny can you see the teachers head? Yes I can see her head. Susan then asked can you see the teachers brain in her head? No said Johnny and Susan said well then I guess it does not exist then!!!!!

Blessings Everyone!

LOL.ROFL

Watch Blinking #
                        United States
                        Member #34411
                        March 3, 2006
                        11792 Posts
                        Posted: March 13, 2006, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Ok All should be happy now I removed the Bible.

PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: March 13, 2006, 2:04 am - IP Logged

Enjoy.