Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Read Before It's Too Late!

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 11 years ago by csfb.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #23806
October 16, 2005
188 Posts
Posted: March 25, 2006, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

The Japanese are overrated like a mother load.

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: March 25, 2006, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

In what way?

Columbia, SC
      United States
      Member #28000
      December 8, 2005
      96 Posts
      Posted: March 25, 2006, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

Thanks this was a good story. I agree you don't really know who your friends are until you need them. When I win the lottery I know what to do now!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10353 Posts
        Posted: March 26, 2006, 1:08 am - IP Logged

That's a nice story in the OP but it is definitely "once upon a time". i.e, a fairy tale. In real life the 19 who turned Bruce down would be on the phone along with 190 he didn't even know.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3104 Posts
          Posted: March 26, 2006, 1:43 am - IP Logged

That's a nice story in the OP but it is definitely "once upon a time". i.e, a fairy tale. In real life the 19 who turned Bruce down would be on the phone along with 190 he didn't even know.

I Agree!

When these kind of stories hit you between the eyes you nod as if receiving some great truth, until you think about it.

In Florida our local town of Davie a woman commissioner spent her entire term helping the poor people in the Palma Nova mobile home park getting them air conditioners and food assistance and hurricane repairs.  The March 14th 2006 election she only got three votes from that area.  The lesson we learned was poor people don't vote or not enough to help themselves let alone keep someone working for them.  Heck she didn't ask them for a grand, voting is free !!!

I make it a policy never to lend more then $20.00.  It's worth $20.00 to get rid of the "friends" who don't come around to pay me back. 

BobP

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: March 26, 2006, 5:22 am - IP Logged

"In Florida our local town of Davie a woman commissioner spent her entire term helping the poor people in the Palma Nova mobile home park getting them air conditioners and food assistance and hurricane repairs.  The March 14th 2006 election she only got three votes from that area.  The lesson we learned was poor people don't vote or not enough to help themselves let alone keep someone working for them.  Heck she didn't ask them for a grand, voting is free !!! "

Ineresting. Good story, Bob. I also live in Florida. I've offered to drive people to the polls, but there's always some lame excuse. The people on my street who get free medical assistance aren't even registered voters. However, I'm not sure apathy has anything to do with income. I know a lot of people who don't bother to vote but complain when things don't go their way. I also learned something last year. I didn't earn a lot since I was sick and worked part-time. I didn't qualify for any help because I worked too many hours, while the people who sit on their lanais smoking & drinking beer all day get disability checks and free prescriptions. But I won't get into my long political rants on this board.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: March 26, 2006, 5:43 am - IP Logged

Yeah I doubt many would bother going through the trouble to do all that for others after a jackpot win. They would be far too consumed by their own greed, and newfound wealth.

United States
                Member #23806
                October 16, 2005
                188 Posts
                Posted: March 26, 2006, 6:46 am - IP Logged

In what way?

I would have to write a chapter book..... to explain..

Japanese are overrated in:

Technology

Cars

Cartoons

Food

The country itself.

I've been to alot of countries and Japan was the most overrated one.. i was upset.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                  Clarkston, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #76
                  January 6, 2002
                  8528 Posts
                  Posted: March 26, 2006, 7:40 am - IP Logged

Cool story Clair.  Kinda sad - that's a tough way to find out you've only got one friend!  Thanks for sharing.

If you have just one friend in this life, you are a very lucky human being.

Bob

Believe it or not Bob, that is so true, "if you have just ONE friend in this life, you are a very lucky human being." 

Also if you save "just one person's life in your own lifetime, the purpose in your life is achieved."  It is the reason for your being.

Sandy

delores247's avatar - Lottery-048.jpg

United States
                    Member #19043
                    July 24, 2005
                    7378 Posts
                    Posted: March 26, 2006, 8:12 am - IP Logged

Agree with stupidWhat a great Story and good advice but it is too too late for me! Years ago i got my back pay from ss and had did a lot of lending and never got a dime back,i Hope this help some one think before it is too late,The same people i did a favor for now shop at places i can't afford,go figure!Thanks for the Message,Information is Power!

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
                      Member #15309
                      May 13, 2005
                      307 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2006, 1:21 am - IP Logged

I treat everyone as a friend, until proven otherwise.