Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Protecting your numbers

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Visar's avatar - burning

United States
Member #41199
June 12, 2006
11 Posts
Posted: June 14, 2006, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

"In regards to "how can you know what numbers are due" is based upon time proven statistics. Following a given behavior, pattern or even sequence of what typically shows up after a certain set occurs. Determining which ball will fall can be mathematically calculated (presuming you have sufficient data and nothing better to do with your time)."

Then the whole idea of each drawing being a random sample is no longer the case.  I also, will love to see the hard facts about that statement.  The reason most win with QPs is that most people Play QPs.  That is simply probability. 

"Determining which ball will fall can be mathematically calculated"

How so, I understand that I can do the statistics to find the chance of hitting any 1 ball but can you show me how you can narrow down the Gap?

Visar's avatar - burning

United States
    Member #41199
    June 12, 2006
    11 Posts
    Posted: June 14, 2006, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Not really, I was referring to SirMetros statement that

"Determining which ball will fall can be mathematically calculated"

I understand that certain numbers are more likely to be picked than others (by players). That the very notion of my origional topic. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2006, 12:59 am - IP Logged

There are several folks that can get all 5 WB's in an evening - just not in the same game.

I was playing 10 games a drawing, and I got all 5 across my games 7 out of 8 bi-weekly drawings, now, (just like everyone else) -

if I could get ALL 5 in the same game, I'd be happy. My luck changed for the worse about 6 weeks ago.

There are things you can do to increase the odds in your favor; by quite a bit actually, but in true reality, there isn't a whole lotta difference if  you shave the odds from 1 in 146 million to just 1 in a million.  There obviously IS a difference, but when it's all said and done, one number is as good as any other number when they don't hit. Being close doesn't count.

Winner1313's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg

United States
        Member #39744
        May 21, 2006
        163 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2006, 2:08 am - IP Logged

There are have been, some wonderfull folks that came here and talked about their systems.

They give hints, but not spoon fed us.

They were angels.

I have learned a lot from them, whilst others hurl insults and laugh or beg for more info.

Yes The Lottery Can Be Beaten, And Yes People Do Beat It.

But You gotta use your creative powers.

I will not share the secrets I have learned, because I worked for it, asking thinking and finally got it. Better Than Alanzo.
        Lottery is part reasoning and part deductive, part instinctive.

Casting Pearls Infrount of swines, they turn back and rend you !!

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
          Member #28409
          December 15, 2005
          1198 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2006, 10:46 am - IP Logged

my thoughts precisely, winner1313Yes Nod

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

New Jersey
            United States
            Member #21206
            September 4, 2005
            949 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2006, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

Wow.  I had no idea that we had so many winners of the lottery here!

How many times have each of those with these systems won?  You must win regularly, I'm guessing. 

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: July 4, 2006, 2:14 am - IP Logged

I am curerently running a system that tries to pick PB numbers that I see that will be highly unlikly that anyone else will pick.  I use Random and if I am just going to pick some fast I normally use the quick pick system, because I do not believe the human mind can truly pick a random sample.  

My main question becomes after you pick the numbers you normally use, do you protect your numbers and use truly random numbers so that you can decrease the chance that anyone else picks the same numbers? 

Visar

I don't think that there is any way at all of knowing in advance which numbers will be the less likely for most people and the lotteries RNGs to pick, not unless you can predict the winning numbers, which are the most unlikely for most people to play.

You are wasting your time.

Also you have no reason at all to worry about it any way, as you have almost no chance of winning anyway (Same as most people), you worry about nothing.

If you want to play numbers that most people won't play, then play the winning numbers, as most people won't play those.

The best way of picking the most unlikely numbers for most people to play, is to learn how to pick winning numbers.

Why do most people who win, win with quick picks?
              Because most people who play, buy quick picks.
              It is a matter of statistics, of numbers.
              Besides "Random" numbers might be more statistically correct, there probably are fewer "unlikely" numbers than those that are or appear to be more likely.
              That might perhaps also have something to do with it.

I would not worry about what numbers other people pick, but about what numbers I pick.

It seems to me that it is much better to win a shared jackpot, than not to win at all.

Am I wrong? Maybe I am (It would not be the first time).

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."