Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 2:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a 'Lottery System' Poll

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

What constitutes a 'system' for jackpot games?

Must be capable of winning more $ than losing [ 25 ]  [78.12%]
Win/loss doesn't matter. Must be complicated. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Must compute statistics [ 2 ]  [6.25%]
Need only win once per year [ 1 ]  [3.12%]
Need only win once bi-annually [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Need only win a few times in a lifetime [ 1 ]  [3.12%]
Need never win [ 3 ]  [9.38%]
Total Valid Votes [ 32 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
Southeastern Ohio
United States
Member #13850
April 16, 2005
783 Posts
Posted: July 5, 2006, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Didn't vote. The definition of my "System" is:

1. Recognizing a consistent anomaly occuring within any pool of (jackpot) style lottery numbers.

2. Capitalizing on that anomaly by bringing it into view and presenting it in a consistant statistical format.

3. Establishing rules to accomplish the highest value in wagering bets.

4. Presenting the total package in a manner that promotes thought, participation, and personal choices.

5. Winning enough to keep it interesting until the big one arrives.

Best to you,

LottoVantage

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: July 5, 2006, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Didn't vote. The definition of my "System" is:

1. Recognizing a consistent anomaly occuring within any pool of (jackpot) style lottery numbers.

2. Capitalizing on that anomaly by bringing it into view and presenting it in a consistant statistical format.

3. Establishing rules to accomplish the highest value in wagering bets.

4. Presenting the total package in a manner that promotes thought, participation, and personal choices.

5. Winning enough to keep it interesting until the big one arrives.

Best to you,

LottoVantage

Hi LottoVantage:

Thank you.

I've been wondering about you and that system of yours considerably lately.

Hope you're doing well, feeling well, and keeping high spirits.

Gracias for the post and best back atcha.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8363 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2006, 12:31 am - IP Logged

I have a system i use for p 3/4 games i use the same method to get the numbers i input the numbers the same way every time = system. See i used the 2 words in the same sentence because they both are part of the system. This system/method has made me money

for pick 5/6 games i have a method i use to get the numbers and a system by which i wheel the numbers. I wheel the numbers the same way every time. Just once in a while i will generate more or less tickets. Hopefully this method/system will pay off. Been close many times but no jackpot. Had all the numbers on different lines but not on the same line. Afterwards i diasected my picking selections and relised had i generaed more tickets i would have had all the numbers correct on the same line. The point here is i picked all the right numbers but not the right amount of tickets. 

So i guess method and system are like partners just the data is used differently.

To me a system for pick 5/6 need only work once to make me a happy camper. But if it should work more than that i would be thrilled to no end. Realistically i know no system for picking pick 5/6 games will work repeatedly. At least not by any system or method i have read, seen, or heard about. Because the odds are totally against that ever happening. Even if i could afford to pay for the thousands of combinations that might win. So if a system/method worked once that given the right circumstance it could work again. It all depends on imputing the right data into the system/method. And here in lies the problem knowing which numbers might win and entering them into the system.

So basically following the history of ones game and using trends like pairing numbers or going after hot/cold/warm numbers etc. BobP gives one of the best definitions of how to build a system and the method by which to input the numbers.

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2006, 12:40 am - IP Logged

I have a system i use for p 3/4 games i use the same method to get the numbers i input the numbers the same way every time = system. See i used the 2 words in the same sentence because they both are part of the system. This system/method has made me money

for pick 5/6 games i have a method i use to get the numbers and a system by which i wheel the numbers. I wheel the numbers the same way every time. Just once in a while i will generate more or less tickets. Hopefully this method/system will pay off. Been close many times but no jackpot. Had all the numbers on different lines but not on the same line. Afterwards i diasected my picking selections and relised had i generaed more tickets i would have had all the numbers correct on the same line. The point here is i picked all the right numbers but not the right amount of tickets. 

So i guess method and system are like partners just the data is used differently.

To me a system for pick 5/6 need only work once to make me a happy camper. But if it should work more than that i would be thrilled to no end. Realistically i know no system for picking pick 5/6 games will work repeatedly. At least not by any system or method i have read, seen, or heard about. Because the odds are totally against that ever happening. Even if i could afford to pay for the thousands of combinations that might win. So if a system/method worked once that given the right circumstance it could work again. It all depends on imputing the right data into the system/method. And here in lies the problem knowing which numbers might win and entering them into the system.

So basically following the history of ones game and using trends like pairing numbers or going after hot/cold/warm numbers etc. BobP gives one of the best definitions of how to build a system and the method by which to input the numbers.

Here's hoping that system/method gets you a win, Larry.

Actually, here's hoping it gets you two wins, so's to prove you wrong, on the one hand, while paying you high dividends on the other.

Realistically i know no system for picking pick 5/6 games will work repeatedly.

Best to you,

Jack

Egos don't count.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8363 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2006, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Thanks Jack i hope so. I've spent a great deal trying my wheeling system and came to a conclusion that unless i input the winning numbers and generate enough tickets then i am literally throwing money away. And if you don't have all five or six numbers in the wheel depending on the game being played it's worthless in capturing the jackpot.

Using too many numbers drives up the cost of tickets. Selecting the right numbers could be as easy as using two or three numbers that hit the last game out in pick 5 or 6 and guessing the right numbers for the additional inputted numbers.

My wheeling is on hold for a while, while i observe the trends and patterns. I am picking up on something but i haven't worked out the essentials to input the additional numbers into the wheel. Which is of the utmost importance if i ever expect another chance at winning the jackpot.

For the time being i just select my few picks using observations of previous draws.

Good luck to you also.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10353 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:49 am - IP Logged

I voted

Need only win a few times in a lifetime

only because need win only once in a lifetime wasn't there!

For Pick 5, more than once would be nice, but even if you hit once you'll never forget it. Probably remember the numbers, too.

For Pick 6 since we're talking jackpots you definitley need hit only once.

I've just got a hunch that the most complicates system / method of picking numbers ever posted here would take a back seat to something like this:

Hey...the silliest thing happened, we added our phone number and house number and divided by two, then saw how many unread e-mails we had, then bracketed those numbers at intervals of two, and quick picked the Mega Millions number, and we hit!

You'd see more people doing that next draw than tracking previous hits.

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2006, 9:18 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss:

Thanks for the post and the chuckle.

Lifetime's a relative sort of thing.  Once per lifetime is even more so.

Where I am in mine, I figure a major jackpot win would carry some heavy baggage along with it spilling over to create all manner of problems for some people I care about, who'd have to deal with it, along with my eventual carcass.

Living as I do it wouldn't take much of a jackpot to carry me over as long as it needs to and provide enough overflow to get a car fixed now and then, new tires, and gasoline to get me out into an occasional arroyo for some nosing around.

But once in a lifetime for a 20 year old would be an entirely different matter.  If it were me at 20, it would take several before I learned whatever a person at that age is supposed to know about having too much money.

Gracias,

Jack

Egos don't count.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10353 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2006, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Bingo, pretty accurate Rip Snorter.

What we care about passionately in our 20's isn't even an issue once we're in our 40's or so.  

(One of my random observations: By the time the average person can afford their "dream car", their "dream car" doesn't fit their lifestyle.) 

Their have been people who have hit more than one jackpot, and if I remember right, there's even some horror stories about them.

In his book True Prosperity, How to Have Everything, Yehuda Berg tells a story of a $16.2 million lottery winner in Florida - in a section of the book called

You Won the Lottery! Sorry!

This particular winner  was pressured into opening a car business and a restaurant in Sarasota for relatives, neither ever made a dime. Other big problems came, too. An ex-girlfriend sued him for some of the winnings- and won!, his brother was arressted for hiring a hit man to bump him off in the hopes the brother would get the money, and that wasn't all.

Berg explains that there''s a kaballistic term called The Bread of Shame, a curse that goes along with receiving money without having earned it. That which you dont earn won't satisfy you and you eventually will become contaminated. Money has enery, and through Bread of shame, that energy can become corrupted.

True Prosperity

p 41

Sure, we all want to be the ones to prove that wrong....

Wink 

On the bright side he did say, can become corrupted, not will become

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2006, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Seems like 80%+ of the participants in this poll believe a lottery system must be capable of winning more money than it cost to play (kinda like being paid to pay).  Since most lottery prizes are 10% or less of odds of the dollars spent:dollars won, a system must be capable of beating the odds by at least 1000% consistently.  Anyone who designed such a system would have no reasons to be ashame if it won the jackpot more than once 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2006, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Seems like 80%+ of the participants in this poll believe a lottery system must be capable of winning more money than it cost to play (kinda like being paid to pay).  Since most lottery prizes are 10% or less of odds of the dollars spent:dollars won, a system must be capable of beating the odds by at least 1000% consistently.  Anyone who designed such a system would have no reasons to be ashame if it won the jackpot more than once 

Padawan's tests of Expert Lotto again come to mind.

He ain't winning a lot, but last I looked Padawan and Expert Lotto were ahead in the game.

J

Egos don't count.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19830 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2006, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

I checked Padawan's tests and he seems to be to beating the the West Virgina Cash25 (6/25) game until I checked the facts.  The prediction board assign match 5=$5000, match 4=$100 and match 3=$5 for all pick 6 games including 6/49 games.  According to West Virgina lottery website the state actually pays a lot less for its 6/25 game.  West Virgina pays match 5=$250, match 4=$10 and match 3=$1, so if Padawan was actually playing the WV Cash5 he would be actually winning a lot less and showing a lost.  I may start posting for W.Va and improve my prediction profits too. 

Evil Looking       

JAP69's avatar - alas
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #6
                        November 4, 2001
                        8790 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2006, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

If I were to play 20 lines in cash 5 in S.C. wheeling numbers a certain way and if I caught 4 of 5 on about 6 lines that would amount to about 1,800.00
                        3 of 5 does not pay much.

Do that often enough would keep you in the game money wise until the big one hits.

I do not know what you would call doing that. System, method or sh as luck. ROFL

MAGA

Alabama
                          United States
                          Member #17830
                          June 27, 2005
                          309 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2006, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

I voted "Must be capable of winning more $ than losing."  My opinion is that a lottery system is a tool that helps you decide which numbers are more likely to be drawn.

Check out the benefits of a Lottery Post Premium Membership!

Want to know more?  >> Click Here <<

Read what Platinum Members have to say:  << Click Here >> 

Atlanta
                            United States
                            Member #15989
                            May 24, 2005
                            183 Posts
                            Posted: July 6, 2006, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry, but there is no "system" or "method" to winning a 6 ball jackpot. It is luck, plain and simple people. Otherwise, where are the winners here on this, the king of systems and methods board? Nowhere! I mean to disrespect no one, but all the systems on here make my head spin. By the way Rip Snorter, always love your posts.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19830 Posts
                              Posted: July 6, 2006, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry, but there is no "system" or "method" to winning a 6 ball jackpot. It is luck, plain and simple people. Otherwise, where are the winners here on this, the king of systems and methods board? Nowhere! I mean to disrespect no one, but all the systems on here make my head spin. By the way Rip Snorter, always love your posts.

Playing all the possible combinations of any game will win the jackpot, pick 6, 5, 4 or 3, it makes no different.  It's just not a practical or an affordable "system/method".

Evil Looking