I don't know that anyone here is capable of actually defining a jackpot system. Most of the systems I've seen around here are just intricate ways of re-randomizing or rearranging numbers. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter if you can cash for more than you're pumping into the lottery. Or maybe all you have to do is get your money's worth in fun and excitement.
Personally, I get quite a charge out of thinking up systems and crunching the numbers. I can't tell you how many times I've been filled with anticipation for a drawing because I was sure that I'd finally cooked up a winning system. Well, I've had a lot of fun, but I've not hit a jackpot so far. I'm not even close to being ahead.
Having said all of that, I'd say that a system should have:
- a clearly defined objective,
- a rationale behind the number selection method,
- a rationale as to why those numbers should hit,
- a method for putting those numbers into play, and
- strict guidelines for money management in betting.