Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is a 'Lottery System' Poll

Topic closed. 48 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

What constitutes a 'system' for jackpot games?

Must be capable of winning more $ than losing [ 25 ]  [78.12%]
Win/loss doesn't matter. Must be complicated. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Must compute statistics [ 2 ]  [6.25%]
Need only win once per year [ 1 ]  [3.12%]
Need only win once bi-annually [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Need only win a few times in a lifetime [ 1 ]  [3.12%]
Need never win [ 3 ]  [9.38%]
Total Valid Votes [ 32 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2006, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

I checked Padawan's tests and he seems to be to beating the the West Virgina Cash25 (6/25) game until I checked the facts.  The prediction board assign match 5=$5000, match 4=$100 and match 3=$5 for all pick 6 games including 6/49 games.  According to West Virgina lottery website the state actually pays a lot less for its 6/25 game.  West Virgina pays match 5=$250, match 4=$10 and match 3=$1, so if Padawan was actually playing the WV Cash5 he would be actually winning a lot less and showing a lost.  I may start posting for W.Va and improve my prediction profits too. 

I may start posting for W.Va and improve my prediction profits too. 

Might be a good idea. 

You might buy yourself a copy of Expert Lotto and improve them even more, as Padawan's done.

You might be right that he'd be losing.  I haven't done the calculating because I'm not so motivated to nit-pick.

But whether he's ahead, or he ain't, he's 'way the hell out front of you, me, and most everyone else.

I don't believe Padawan, nor anyone else has suggested the system's perfect.  But there's a  growing body of evidence it's better than what you use, I use, anyone else here is using.

Maybe that's the best anyone can get for the moment.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

New Mexico
    United States
    Member #12305
    March 10, 2005
    2984 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2006, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry, but there is no "system" or "method" to winning a 6 ball jackpot. It is luck, plain and simple people. Otherwise, where are the winners here on this, the king of systems and methods board? Nowhere! I mean to disrespect no one, but all the systems on here make my head spin. By the way Rip Snorter, always love your posts.

Otherwise, where are the winners here on this, the king of systems and methods board?

I agree there isn't a system that we know about.  Maybe there's not one at all, anywhere.

Which is not the same as saying there isn't one, nor that there can't be one.

If I live long enough I'm going to have a method or system that wins.  And when I do, you still won't see it on here.

I'm not, however, asking you to believe me.  I'm only saying that's how it's going to be.

Thanks for the comment about my posts.  I enjoy 'em too.

J

Egos don't count.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2006, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Regarding my answer, I'm one of the 84% (as of this writing) who picked "must be capable of winning more $ than losing" because it just seems obvious that nobody wants to be continously in the red. So the question is "over what period of time?"

If I thought I had a good system and I lost a lot of money using that system for 5 years and then won $10 million, is that really a system? I don't think so. I think it's a coincidence. 

First of all, I think you really need to spend more than a few bucks to follow any system. So for those of us who limit their spending to $10 or $15 a week, I don't see how anyone can follow one based on mathematical calculations, because the 5 and 6 number games have way too many combinations.  A system usually requires betting on multiple combinations and taking the chance that none of them will hit.  The old expression about "getting out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat" applies to many things including the stock market and gambling.  So many people might give up even if they really have figured out a good system.

Do I have one? Not really. My system is to keep playing the same numbers I've picked for the past 12 years and adding a few QPs.  I was going to kid around and say I chant and do a dance around some candles, but I seriously think the best system to follow is that small voice that tells you when and where to do something. Maybe it will never say anything about the lottery or what numbers to pick or what store to walk into to get that magical QP, but I know it speaks to us. So many times after I've really screwed up my life, I remember someone quiet but powerful trying to be heard, but I wasn't listening. So maybe that's my new system..to listen more carefully to the universe around me and the power within me.

United States
        Member #42672
        July 6, 2006
        2 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2006, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Look at www.winningdailynumbers.com.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2006, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Number1:

That's a Pick 3 site/maybe system

This poll's about Pick 5 and other jackpot games.

Maybe you need to begin a thread if you want that site mentioned

J

Egos don't count.

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            New York, NY
            United States
            Member #39471
            May 16, 2006
            2698 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2006, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

The Fibonacci QP System..That is a system.

1. It has predictive power

2. It must be trasparent, ie anyone using the same data and same methiods will come up with the same

predictions. 

3. States and dates

4. Suggest whether to play in position (straight) or combinations (box).

The Fibb QP system meets all these criteria. 

$$$

New York, NY
              United States
              Member #39471
              May 16, 2006
              2698 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2006, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Lol.

Must predict every draw accurately [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
              Must be capable of winning more $ than losing [ 22 ]  [81.48%]
              Win/loss doesn't matter. Must be complicated. [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
              Must compute statistics [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
              Need only win once per year [ 1 ]  [3.70%]
              Need only win once bi-annually [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
              Need only win a few times in a lifetime [ 1 ]  [3.70%]
              Need never win [ 3 ]  [11.11%]
              Total Valid Votes [ 27 ]  
              Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  

$$$

New York, NY
                United States
                Member #39471
                May 16, 2006
                2698 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2006, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

45 numbers day and night and three days without a hit ..and they don't suggest straight play----

Yea a system all right--to fatten the state lotteries' coffers.

$$$

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: July 8, 2006, 7:52 am - IP Logged

Thanks for all the replies.

All this time on the boards and I'd never understood the reasoning of those who argued thus-and-so wasn't a 'lottery system'.

Gracias to all.

I'm going back to the predictions board for a while..... been taking a breather, not making many for a month or so.

Best to all of you,

J

Egos don't count.

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: July 8, 2006, 8:34 am - IP Logged

RJOH:

Looks as though going to the lottery you think is easiest to beat might well improve your statistics.  Congrats on the 4 of 6.

RJOhWest VirginiaCash 253 of 605-07-12-15-19-2301-04-07-15-23-25$5
                    RJOhWest VirginiaCash 254 of 601-04-07-09-16-2301-04-07-15-23-25$100

Looks as though Mike did okay yesterday also.  He doesn't appear to have gone exclusively to the easiest, but he did okay anyway.

LOTTOMIKEMulti-StateTri-State Triple Play4 of 504-15-18-24-2915-17-18-24-29$150

LOTTOMIKEWest VirginiaCash 254 of 604-15-18-19-23-2501-04-07-15-23-25$100

I agree with you, RJOH, when you say winning on that prediction board doesn't mean a person has a system worth beans.  Doesn't even mean a person has a system.

I tend to look at moon phases and the coordinates of celestial bodies, which certainly isn't a lottery system.

J

Egos don't count.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - rsz 1franklinmillion-front.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11339 Posts
                      Posted: July 8, 2006, 9:02 am - IP Logged

i won't even mess with pick 3.bring on the pick 4,pick 5 and pick 6.thats where the real challenges lay.if i hit a 5 out of 5 or 6 out of 6 that will bring my stats up to par.congrats on your pick 5 hit in indy a while back jack.if i could hit a pick 5 i'd be happier than howard hughes in a spaceship......

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2006, 9:15 am - IP Logged

i won't even mess with pick 3.bring on the pick 4,pick 5 and pick 6.thats where the real challenges lay.if i hit a 5 out of 5 or 6 out of 6 that will bring my stats up to par.congrats on your pick 5 hit in indy a while back jack.if i could hit a pick 5 i'd be happier than howard hughes in a spaceship......

Mike:

You came close last night with that 4 of 5. 

I'm chuckling when I write, the odds gonna catch up to you and you gonna hit one soon. (Apologies to Coin Toss).

If that old moon and stars up there will cooperate I'll show you a few fireworks, my ownself.

(To heck with the planets.  I don't need no stinking planets.  I bet wrong on that Mars/Saturn horserace a while back.  Figured for sure Saturn was going to win it this time)

J

Egos don't count.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19903 Posts
                          Posted: July 8, 2006, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Thanks Rip for the Congrats, as I said earlier winning in West Virginia inflates the statistics, my actual winnings would have been $11 for $10 spent.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                            Member #4416
                            April 22, 2004
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: July 8, 2006, 10:21 am - IP Logged

Jack,

I don't know that anyone here is capable of actually defining a jackpot system. Most of the systems I've seen around here are just intricate ways of re-randomizing or rearranging numbers. In the end, I guess it doesn't really matter if you can cash for more than you're pumping into the lottery. Or maybe all you have to do is get your money's worth in fun and excitement. 

Personally, I get quite a charge out of thinking up systems and crunching the numbers. I can't tell you how many times I've been filled with anticipation for a drawing because I was sure that I'd finally cooked up a winning system. Well, I've had a lot of fun, but I've not hit a jackpot so far. I'm not even close to being ahead.

Having said all of that, I'd say that a system should have: 

• a clearly defined objective,
                            • a rationale behind the number selection method,
                            • a rationale as to why those numbers should hit,
                            • a method for putting those numbers into play, and
                            • strict guidelines for money management in betting.

Good luck,

aye'

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: July 8, 2006, 10:40 am - IP Logged

Thanks Rip for the Congrats, as I said earlier winning in West Virginia inflates the statistics, my actual winnings would have been $11 for $10 spent.

Until recently, a month or two ago, I believed getting the hit ratio up sufficiently high could put a person on the positive side, which I haven't discounted yet. 

It might be a nice high hit ratio with an occasional injection of an upper by the Lady Who Mustn't Be Named would eventually throw a player over the great divide.

Padawan's giving that concept a good run for the money, seems to me.  The hit ratio appears to be still climbing, though progress has slowed a bit.  Maybe Expert Lotto's topped out, or maybe Padawan's still puzzling out techniques for using it.

But despite the minority opinion that the word system doesn't have anything much to do with winning lotteries, the overwhelming majority of the people who responded to this poll appear to believe it does.

A lot of them have expressed here another opinion, as well.  Namely, that whether it's a system, method, or delusion, if it wins a lottery jackpot occasionally, or if it comes out topside on the body count, it's what they're looking for.

On a system someone's trying to sell, that's a tough gig.  Since the players want something that will win, but believe it only has to win once, or occasionally, it could take a long time to test with any hope of achieving any true idea of whether the system's any good. 

Probably the prediction board, whatever its flaws, is the best available way of putting it to the test.  But it won't be over until the fat lady sings, and when she does, there'll be you there to explain it was all the work of the Lady Who Mustn't Be Named, and not the system.

That's all right by me, because I'm generally in favor of people working things out for themselves, trying to find something that works for them by trial and error.

Which is not the same as saying I think there's no way they can succeed in doing that.

I use the prediction page as a means of testing what it is I'm trying at any given time.  The statistics and number-crunching features are the best tool I've ever found, the piece of LP that makes it worth paying for a Premium Membership. 

I'm still experimenting with some things, changing, tweaking, twisting.  I predict to test.  Not to provide numbers for anyone to use, not to keep on the top 10, not to prove anything.

But maybe proving something occasionally has some merit, as well.  Maybe I won't manage it, but over the next while I'm going to do my level best to demonstrate to you on that prediction page that you are wrong.

Dead wrong.

J

Egos don't count.