Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Top 5 Predictors

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: August 2, 2006, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

How about the top 5 predictors getting together and prediciting what the numbers will be and that way you may come out with a Jackpot winner.  I've been reading the post and we have some awesome people working on predictions but having 5 of the top coming out with several numbers that they agree on could be worth a shot.

white balls-15,16,17,18,19,26,27,28,29,36,37,38,46,47,48,52,54

power balls-

don't know if these numbers are any good.thought i'd throw them out there for tonight.night do good or might be bust.

anyone else care to add to the pot?

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: August 2, 2006, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

white balls-15,16,17,18,19,26,27,28,29,36,37,38,46,47,48,52,54

power balls-

don't know if these numbers are any good.thought i'd throw them out there for tonight.night do good or might be bust.

anyone else care to add to the pot?

Mike,

I'd join you in your initiative of posting numbers for PB tonight, but I can't at this time.  I've never played or looked at Powerball in my life  I don't even know when the drawing is or what day it is drawn (Wed., Sat.?).

The only way I could participate is 25 numbers from each participant for the white balls and no bogus ball predictions.  (That's what puts the parimutuel in parimutuel) and an even distribution of picks from each of the participants.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: August 2, 2006, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

Actually most of the new threads are started in the Pick3 and Pick4 forum.  The Math forum seldom gets more than one new thread a week and threads started in the Lottery Discussion, Lottery Systems, Jackpot and Pick5 forums are usually on the top page of that forum for a day, they may get bumped off the home page by the active threads, but they  remain on the top page of their forum.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: August 2, 2006, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

Mike,

I'd join you in your initiative of posting numbers for PB tonight, but I can't at this time.  I've never played or looked at Powerball in my life  I don't even know when the drawing is or what day it is drawn (Wed., Sat.?).

The only way I could participate is 25 numbers from each participant for the white balls and no bogus ball predictions.  (That's what puts the parimutuel in parimutuel) and an even distribution of picks from each of the participants.

Mine are on the predictions page and on the PB challenge thread if anyone's wrong-headed enough to want to use them.

I've got the lousiest history in all Christiandom predictioning PG, though I think my bogus ball numbers might be good'uns.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
          FEMA Region V Camp #21
          United States
          Member #520
          July 27, 2002
          5699 Posts
          Posted: August 2, 2006, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

The Utopian solution would be to have a deflate option for specific jackpot games with the ability of members to check off which members' picks they want to deflate.  The check-off option for what specific players' picks you want to deflate would be a nice feature for any game.

Edit: By deflate option in the jackpot games I'm referring simply to the times a number was chosen. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2006, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

The Utopian solution would be to have a deflate option for specific jackpot games with the ability of members to check off which members' picks they want to deflate.  The check-off option for what specific players' picks you want to deflate would be a nice feature for any game.

Edit: By deflate option in the jackpot games I'm referring simply to the times a number was chosen. 

Yeah it would.  Nice thought.

As it stands the only way way my numbers have of getting deflated is by being posted or played, then afterward compared to the numbers drawn.

Usually that's deflating enough for one evening.

J

Egos don't count.

wake forest
              United States
              Member #43322
              July 18, 2006
              13 Posts
              Posted: August 3, 2006, 3:05 am - IP Logged

Nclottoplayer:

I've been reflecting on this thread on and off this afternoon.  I'm one of the people who ignored your suggestion.  I might have joined a conversation, as I've joined this one, had someone responded.

I think there are several aspects of pick 5, pick 6, and jackpot games predicting you mightn't have considered.

1. It takes a lot of work to develop methods for predicting double digit games.  The people who manage to do it with any degree of success are able to do so because they worked hard, mostly alone, and persevered.  For the most part, nobody helped them, partly because nobody who's managed it is likely to tell anyone how to do it.
              2. For most, doing the work-ups to get moderately successful numbers each draw is also a lot of work.  Nobody's helping anyone to do this.  The people who do it mostly work alone.
              3. Jackpot games are paramutual.  The person who's done the work to win it, assuming someone has succeeded in doing so, has no reason to wish to share a piece of it with countless (fantasy, probably, but there you are) others who haven't done the homework and labor to learn how to predict, but who merely read a thread, or a prediction page.
              4. These games aren't the same as pick 3 and pick 4.  Those numbers can be shared without any cost to the person who shared them.

The people who've agreed to share numbers here are generous.  They are giving and getting nothing in return.  I'm grateful to them for doing so because I hope to learn something.  If you use the numbers, win or lose, you might consider being grateful, also.

They're agreeing to do something that's not owed anyone in any way.

J

thankyou for your comments., while i agree with some of your points, i do not with all of them. 

first, while i see many predictions, and realize alot of time was spent on them, i do not see any jackpot winners here, and am willing to bet there have been none here(on big jackpots, ie powerball, megamillions, etc.) in the past. 

please dont lecture me about time either, sir, while i realize there are many that just look to someome else for tips, and spend no time of their own, i am not one of them. i spend approx. 5-6 hours every nite, for years now, and have prob. logged thousands of hours trying to figure things out, unsucessfully i might add., so save it.

further, while you may think that narrowing it down to 15 numbers plus 4-5 numbers for powerball is something great, i dont. i think anyone could do this over a period of time, and occasionally have 3-4 numbers, possibly even the powerball.  but that is a long way off from the jackpot in the end. further, the amount of combinations of 5 winning numbers out of 15 is enormous to say the least, and no one could possible play even a moderate percentage of them. even in a pool, unless you had tens of thousands to spend on each drawing.

my suggestion was such that it would add a different perspective to things and possible revive peoples excitement about the possibility of actually winning. if they seen 4-5 winning numbers coming out of a pool of say 10 numbers.  even with that, the odds would be astronomical, and even if everyone here played those 10 numbers, and they all came out of the 10, i can almost guarantee that no one would actually win the jackpot, and when it comes to 2nd place, where someone may have a good chance, its a fixed amount, so it is irrlevant how many win, you wouldnt be sharing it with anyone, so what r u talking about.

i stick with what i said, i believe, that people working together on something could get this done, but i dont believe anyone by themselves ever will, in the history or future of any big lotto anywhere. if you have proof of something different, i am willing to listen, otherwise i let the facts speak for themselves. when is the last multimillion dollars someone won using their system by themselves, who happened to be a member here.....?......thats what i thought...

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: August 3, 2006, 3:22 am - IP Logged

thankyou for your comments., while i agree with some of your points, i do not with all of them. 

first, while i see many predictions, and realize alot of time was spent on them, i do not see any jackpot winners here, and am willing to bet there have been none here(on big jackpots, ie powerball, megamillions, etc.) in the past. 

please dont lecture me about time either, sir, while i realize there are many that just look to someome else for tips, and spend no time of their own, i am not one of them. i spend approx. 5-6 hours every nite, for years now, and have prob. logged thousands of hours trying to figure things out, unsucessfully i might add., so save it.

further, while you may think that narrowing it down to 15 numbers plus 4-5 numbers for powerball is something great, i dont. i think anyone could do this over a period of time, and occasionally have 3-4 numbers, possibly even the powerball.  but that is a long way off from the jackpot in the end. further, the amount of combinations of 5 winning numbers out of 15 is enormous to say the least, and no one could possible play even a moderate percentage of them. even in a pool, unless you had tens of thousands to spend on each drawing.

my suggestion was such that it would add a different perspective to things and possible revive peoples excitement about the possibility of actually winning. if they seen 4-5 winning numbers coming out of a pool of say 10 numbers.  even with that, the odds would be astronomical, and even if everyone here played those 10 numbers, and they all came out of the 10, i can almost guarantee that no one would actually win the jackpot, and when it comes to 2nd place, where someone may have a good chance, its a fixed amount, so it is irrlevant how many win, you wouldnt be sharing it with anyone, so what r u talking about.

i stick with what i said, i believe, that people working together on something could get this done, but i dont believe anyone by themselves ever will, in the history or future of any big lotto anywhere. if you have proof of something different, i am willing to listen, otherwise i let the facts speak for themselves. when is the last multimillion dollars someone won using their system by themselves, who happened to be a member here.....?......thats what i thought...

while there have not been any jackpot winners here on lottery post there have been a few pick 5 winners.st. germain and lucky larry i think are two that come to mind off the top of my head.st. germain has hit the pick 5 not once but twice for jackpots.there are some pretty smart people here.we had a guy here called bigloooser who actually had everybody's attention because he was picking at least five numbers out of the powerball drawing and he had a successful system but pulled a vanishing act and no one has seen him since.he is talked about from time to time.he probably hit it big.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19816 Posts
                  Posted: August 3, 2006, 8:09 am - IP Logged

Did anybody run a simulation to see how well they might have done wheeling the most frequent numbers used by the top predictors or even the predictors with winners on the board last night?  Some time an idea sound better when it's talked about than it is when tried.

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: August 3, 2006, 8:29 am - IP Logged

, , , further, while you may think that narrowing it down to 15 numbers plus 4-5 numbers for powerball is something great, i dont. i think anyone could do this over a period of time, and occasionally have 3-4 numbers, possibly even the powerball. 

Nclotto:

You're correct.  There's a lot we'd disagree about.  Fortunately there's no reason for either of us to care whether the other agrees.

Hopefully those others working together will give you a set of numbers that will allow you to share their jackpot with them.

Good luck,

Jack

Egos don't count.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19816 Posts
                      Posted: August 4, 2006, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I believe the next PowerBall winner will be someone who picked his numbers, whether by QP or a system, without any help from anyone else.  Picking lottery numbers is not a team sport.  I hope if a LP member predicts the next winner, he also played it.  Good luck.

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #35591
                        March 20, 2006
                        18 Posts
                        Posted: August 5, 2006, 9:20 am - IP Logged

How about the top 5 predictors getting together and prediciting what the numbers will be and that way you may come out with a Jackpot winner.  I've been reading the post and we have some awesome people working on predictions but having 5 of the top coming out with several numbers that they agree on could be worth a shot.

How about the bottom 500 predicters getting together and predicting what the numbers won't be?

----------------

There is no formula or pattern looking forward or backward to tell you what the next numbers will be or what the previous numbers were.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: August 5, 2006, 10:36 am - IP Logged

How about the bottom 500 predicters getting together and predicting what the numbers won't be?

----------------

There is no formula or pattern looking forward or backward to tell you what the next numbers will be or what the previous numbers were.

Sounds like a good idea but I doubt if they could pick all fifty.  My guess would be any amount above thirty-five would have at least one of the winning numbers.

Evil Looking       

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                            Member #4416
                            April 22, 2004
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: August 5, 2006, 10:59 am - IP Logged

Most people who have been playing the lotteries over the years have used quite a few different systems. I can think of several dozen systems that I've used myself. Some of those systems have worked better than others. Maybe each of us should take the number selections of his top 5 systems and play the numbers that those prediction results have in common. Using that approach, nobody would have to share the fruits of his labors when the winning jackpot numbers are extracted from the mix.

aye'

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19816 Posts
                              Posted: August 10, 2006, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

From the interest this thread generated it appears I was right, top predictors aren't interested in changing or combining their systems with someone elses system or collaborate with others when making their picks.  Predicting winning lottery numbers isn't a team sport.  Good luck to anyone who takes up the sport.

Evil Looking