Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Top 5 Predictors

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2006, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Kidzmom:

Looks as though LottoMike's weighing in to volunteer for the effort, Padawan's agreed to it also.  That's two of five.

And you've got Four4me (larry) chewing his fingernails and twiddling his toes hoping someone will ask him (even if it's only for channeling or seancing numbers for the group).  Larry's no shabby predictor, so he'll make a good addition if LottoMike and Padawan agree to let him into the mix.

There's three of five.  Looks like you're close to having a convoy.  If you can talk a couple of those others into it you'll have a full-house aces high.

Good luck to all of you on the effort.

I suspect a lot of non-systems LP user-folk might make some money on this one.

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8364 Posts
    Posted: August 1, 2006, 11:59 am - IP Logged

why yes that would be 12

what's a mater Jack don't you think channeling can work if 5 people come up with 5 numbers isn't that just as good an idea as any other.  

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: August 1, 2006, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

why yes that would be 12

what's a mater Jack don't you think channeling can work if 5 people come up with 5 numbers isn't that just as good an idea as any other.  

Actually Larry, what I think is that you're putting a lot of words into my mouth the past couple of days.  All I can assume it that the words must be a metaphysical manifestation of your own yearnings and goals.

As for this most recent expression of what I think I'll not offer an opinion, except to say I don't believe all ideas are equal where coming up with winning numbers is the goal.  If you think this one's a good one, go for it.

But I thiink if you're trying to channel my views on things you'd do better to stick with numbers.

Jack

Egos don't count.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8364 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2006, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Actually Larry, what I think is that you're putting a lot of words into my mouth the past couple of days.  All I can assume it that the words must be a metaphysical manifestation of your own yearnings and goals.

As for this most recent expression of what I think I'll not offer an opinion, except to say I don't believe all ideas are equal where coming up with winning numbers is the goal.  If you think this one's a good one, go for it.

But I thiink if you're trying to channel my views on things you'd do better to stick with numbers.

Jack

hey man i don't have a problem with you i was just expressing a theory along metaphysical lines as you also have done in many posts. You crack wise with lots of posters but if someone cracks wise with you get wired. I wasn't trying to be a wise ass. there are people who do channel.  it's not something i invented.

Personally i don't know what your views are as you and everyone else on this planet have many and they change like the weather.

you say you don't offer opinions well you and i know what that's worth. You have ideas and opinions in hundreds of post here. If you feel i singled you out as the channel master well don't get too excited. I take it all back just keep doing what your doing your good at it.

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2006, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

hey man i don't have a problem with you i was just expressing a theory along metaphysical lines as you also have done in many posts. You crack wise with lots of posters but if someone cracks wise with you get wired. I wasn't trying to be a wise ass. there are people who do channel.  it's not something i invented.

Personally i don't know what your views are as you and everyone else on this planet have many and they change like the weather.

you say you don't offer opinions well you and i know what that's worth. You have ideas and opinions in hundreds of post here. If you feel i singled you out as the channel master well don't get too excited. I take it all back just keep doing what your doing your good at it.

Sorry Larry.

Online social interplay ain't my best suit of clothes.  I'm here about numbers and understanding them.

I'll try to cut back on my opinionations and smartassedness.

Thanks for pointing it out amigo

Jack

Egos don't count.

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
            NC
            United States
            Member #11741
            February 23, 2005
            1233 Posts
            Posted: August 2, 2006, 12:50 am - IP Logged

Good Morning all,

Since we are all one big happy family here, I wanted to see how the numbers would stack up with 5 of the top pickers.  We are all into finding fun ways to come up with numbers and best of all understanding them.  I think that there have been some very good ideas on the board and everyone is entitled to their own opinion without making comments to offend anyone else.  Constructive opinions are more welcome than destructive opinions. 

There seem to be 2 maybe 3 interested in participating but you never know how the numbers will fall.  You have to be a positive thinker and have a positive attitude when dealing with lottery numbers whether it be pick 3 to pick 6.

Good LUck to us all in Wednesday Night drawing.  I am going to put my numbers on the predictor board for NC powerball just to see how I do .

wake forest
              United States
              Member #43322
              July 18, 2006
              13 Posts
              Posted: August 2, 2006, 2:46 am - IP Logged

How about the top 5 predictors getting together and prediciting what the numbers will be and that way you may come out with a Jackpot winner.  I've been reading the post and we have some awesome people working on predictions but having 5 of the top coming out with several numbers that they agree on could be worth a shot.

gee, sounds similar to something i suggested weeks ago, which everyone ignored.  i think its a great idea also.  there are many good predictors here, and many good hits. but no one has hit the jackpot, and i dont believe anyone ever will, on their own.

everyone should know by now, that things get done, when people, and minds come together.  you have everyone here doing there own thing, and no one working together. i asked for some help awhile back on some things i was working on. for some input and feedback/never got any.(except a little from Guesser, thanks Guesser.) anyway.....

i believe this should just be a start.. another idea is for each person that are top predictors to just post one or two numbers that are on the top of their list for coming in on the next draw. then some of us may have a shot, as with 15 numbers, though your limiting the odds, it is still a pipe dream for those of us on a limited budget. 

i suggest having the top 5 predictors give 2 numbers each that they feel are most likely to come in the very next draw.  good luck.

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
                NC
                United States
                Member #11741
                February 23, 2005
                1233 Posts
                Posted: August 2, 2006, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

gee, sounds similar to something i suggested weeks ago, which everyone ignored.  i think its a great idea also.  there are many good predictors here, and many good hits. but no one has hit the jackpot, and i dont believe anyone ever will, on their own.

everyone should know by now, that things get done, when people, and minds come together.  you have everyone here doing there own thing, and no one working together. i asked for some help awhile back on some things i was working on. for some input and feedback/never got any.(except a little from Guesser, thanks Guesser.) anyway.....

i believe this should just be a start.. another idea is for each person that are top predictors to just post one or two numbers that are on the top of their list for coming in on the next draw. then some of us may have a shot, as with 15 numbers, though your limiting the odds, it is still a pipe dream for those of us on a limited budget. 

i suggest having the top 5 predictors give 2 numbers each that they feel are most likely to come in the very next draw.  good luck.

Hello nclottoplayer,

I did not realize that you had posted something like this a while ago, but at any rate it is a good idea. Pipe dreams do come true you just have to have faith and have a positive attitude about it.  Why don't you form a lottery pool with some trusted family or friends and that way your limited budget can actually be a bigger budget on a weekly basis.  You have to have guidelines and rules like I made up for my group of 10 people. 

We have hope, faith, and positive attitude.  Whatever you were working on, try putting it out again and maybe this time people will see and give you some more feedback.  Sometimes people are just too busy in their personal lives that they don't get the chance to see everyone's post on LP and sometimes it takes time.  Still believe that you had a good idea and continue to work on it and the next time may be the time for you. 

keep the faithBlue Angel

rhow's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                  new orleans
                  United States
                  Member #42621
                  July 6, 2006
                  59 Posts
                  Posted: August 2, 2006, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

do you know what the odds are of winning this big one approx. 40 million to 1. pooling probably would give you a better shot because you could generate  more combinations.

does anyone have some type  of system the use for lotto or powerball. 

Thinking of...Stock Photography: US $100 Notes Dance

RH

http://z.about.com/d/japanese/1/0/H/n/iteza.jpg
                    New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: August 2, 2006, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

do you know what the odds are of winning this big one approx. 40 million to 1. pooling probably would give you a better shot because you could generate  more combinations.

Not a soul here has anything of that sort.  We're all quickpickers.

J

Egos don't count.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Posted: August 2, 2006, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

nclottoplayer,

Most of the top predictors are premium members who are use to posting 50 lines per drawing, were you really surprised that asking them to change their style of predicting for the benefits of someone else didn't get any response?  You should share that idea with a group of friends, coworkers or family members and form a lottery pool that will play numbers picked that way.  Good luck to you

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19831 Posts
                        Posted: August 2, 2006, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Just check the prediction page, there are plenty of premium members posting 50 lines for almost any lottery you want to play.  If I was you, I would check their prediction statistics before I played their numbers in a real drawing using real money.  Good luck to you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: August 2, 2006, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

You might check out the constantly running threads, the PB Challenge, and the MM Challenge.

People post predictions there, sometimes good ones.  Recent 3+1 there.

Maybe you'll find that's helpful.

Jack

Egos don't count.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                            FEMA Region V Camp #21
                            United States
                            Member #520
                            July 27, 2002
                            5699 Posts
                            Posted: August 2, 2006, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

NClotto,

Threads are buried quickly on LP.  That's what happens when 45,000 people are talking at the same time with some of them monopolizing the conversation.  I have said for a long time that there should be a daily limit on the amount of threads a member can start in one day.  The number of threads could be tailored to membership status.  

Again, it's a matter of personal responsibility and courtesy to our fellow members to let others have a chance to talk too. 

Getting back to the subject.  Kidzmom, as I said before your idea is good and if implemented properly, I'd be glad to participate.  By that I mean one game, MM or PB (maybe the one with the highest current jackpot at the time).  The participants would have to be able to list all of the numbers that they would be including in their wheel.  I use about 50% of the available number pool.  If you wanted me to pick two of those numbers, I couldn't do it because it would fail every time.  But I might have three of the drawn numbers from my 25 number pool.

If you had five people giving their 25 best numbers for MM or PB white balls for example, you would have 125 numbers to choose from.  The obvious selection would be the numbers most often repeated by all five people.  For the bogus ball, you could leave that to the individual playing these numbers to decide for themselves.

It seems the only workable way to do what you are describing.  If you guys decide to go that route, count me in. 

Edit:  I would also like to see Rip Snorter a member of the group using his unique method.  The more varied the methods, the better the results will be. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: August 2, 2006, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Nclottoplayer:

I've been reflecting on this thread on and off this afternoon.  I'm one of the people who ignored your suggestion.  I might have joined a conversation, as I've joined this one, had someone responded.

I think there are several aspects of pick 5, pick 6, and jackpot games predicting you mightn't have considered.

1. It takes a lot of work to develop methods for predicting double digit games.  The people who manage to do it with any degree of success are able to do so because they worked hard, mostly alone, and persevered.  For the most part, nobody helped them, partly because nobody who's managed it is likely to tell anyone how to do it.
                              2. For most, doing the work-ups to get moderately successful numbers each draw is also a lot of work.  Nobody's helping anyone to do this.  The people who do it mostly work alone.
                              3. Jackpot games are paramutual.  The person who's done the work to win it, assuming someone has succeeded in doing so, has no reason to wish to share a piece of it with countless (fantasy, probably, but there you are) others who haven't done the homework and labor to learn how to predict, but who merely read a thread, or a prediction page.
                              4. These games aren't the same as pick 3 and pick 4.  Those numbers can be shared without any cost to the person who shared them.

The people who've agreed to share numbers here are generous.  They are giving and getting nothing in return.  I'm grateful to them for doing so because I hope to learn something.  If you use the numbers, win or lose, you might consider being grateful, also.

They're agreeing to do something that's not owed anyone in any way.

J

Egos don't count.