Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Top 5 Predictors

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: August 11, 2006, 1:21 am - IP Logged

Kidzmom asked for a cooperative effort to win a jackpot game.  Read the responses.  Very few of them have offered anything "cooperative" to achieve that goal.

Negativity breeds negativity. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19815 Posts
    Posted: August 12, 2006, 10:59 am - IP Logged

While many of the posts didn't seem "cooperative", they were "protective".  Some predictors have their unscientific quirks and hunches about predicting that they aren't willing to debate, posting their predictions is as "cooperative" as they get.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: August 12, 2006, 11:33 am - IP Logged

While many of the posts didn't seem "cooperative", they were "protective".  Some predictors have their unscientific quirks and hunches about predicting that they aren't willing to debate, posting their predictions is as "cooperative" as they get.

Very true, RJOh.  In any paimutuel gambling endeavor this will be the case.  That's why I like the daily games and why those forums are so full of helpful information and cooperation to win the game.  It's simply us against them.  The greed involved in a parimutuel game pits us against each other and them. 

The lotteries are smarter than the average bear.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19815 Posts
        Posted: August 13, 2006, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

Much of the helpful information about the daily pick3 and pick4 games come from players who may have won or will win those games top prizes but the top prizes are $50 to $10,000, so even if someone believes he is in a gambling endeavor with other members there is no expectation of sharing anything but numbers.  With jackpots of $100M+, it's hard to treat PB and MM the same way, if someone was in a group sharing numbers and actually won a jackpot a big misunderstanding might be exposed.

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: August 13, 2006, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Very true, RJOh.  In any paimutuel gambling endeavor this will be the case.  That's why I like the daily games and why those forums are so full of helpful information and cooperation to win the game.  It's simply us against them.  The greed involved in a parimutuel game pits us against each other and them. 

The lotteries are smarter than the average bear.

The greed involved in a parimutuel game pits us against each other and them. 

I don't believe we're actually pitted against one another, Rick.  Some of us are sort of Internet 'friends', or simpatico acquaintances off LP, and we've frequently either helped, or attempted to help one another regarding jackpot games.

If I ever get any better at predicting jackpot games those are certainly the ones I'll do my best to help in the future.

If I've seemed 'uncooperative' or protective on this thread it's because any numbers I'd have provided would have been worthless.  I'm lousy at PB and MM.

But if I were great at it, I'd still see no reason to post numbers on a thread such as this one, even if I were involved in a group working on the problem, which I'll never be.

I'd far rather 'help' folks who are as nearly friends as anyone's likely to get online, more-or-less exclusively.  If I was good at jackpot games and I wanted to do some charity work I'd buy an extra ticket with my numbers on it and give it to some guy living under a bridge.

This entire thread is based on the premise that none of us can come up with winning jackpot numbers alone, that we need a group.  It might be so.  I wish anyone well who believes it, and I hope their participation results in a jackpot for themselves and for those who've contributed nothing to the effort except a request (or demand) that it be done.

I just don't happen to be one who believes it's true one person can't do it alone, nor that if it required a group, there's any reason to do it on a public forum.

But I'm glad the thread happened and some minimal attempt was made by others.  It's certainly been interesting.

J

Absorb the good, ignore the bad, weigh the ugly.

It's about number behavior.

Egos don't count.

Dedicated to the memory of Big Loooser

nassaufinestguy's avatar - cigar
            nassau,bahamas.
            Bahamas
            Member #10537
            January 16, 2005
            277 Posts
            Posted: August 13, 2006, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

iamnext in top 5

FEMA Region V Camp #21
              United States
              Member #520
              July 27, 2002
              5699 Posts
              Posted: August 13, 2006, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

The greed involved in a parimutuel game pits us against each other and them. 

I don't believe we're actually pitted against one another, Rick.  Some of us are sort of Internet 'friends', or simpatico acquaintances off LP, and we've frequently either helped, or attempted to help one another regarding jackpot games.

If I ever get any better at predicting jackpot games those are certainly the ones I'll do my best to help in the future.

If I've seemed 'uncooperative' or protective on this thread it's because any numbers I'd have provided would have been worthless.  I'm lousy at PB and MM.

But if I were great at it, I'd still see no reason to post numbers on a thread such as this one, even if I were involved in a group working on the problem, which I'll never be.

I'd far rather 'help' folks who are as nearly friends as anyone's likely to get online, more-or-less exclusively.  If I was good at jackpot games and I wanted to do some charity work I'd buy an extra ticket with my numbers on it and give it to some guy living under a bridge.

This entire thread is based on the premise that none of us can come up with winning jackpot numbers alone, that we need a group.  It might be so.  I wish anyone well who believes it, and I hope their participation results in a jackpot for themselves and for those who've contributed nothing to the effort except a request (or demand) that it be done.

I just don't happen to be one who believes it's true one person can't do it alone, nor that if it required a group, there's any reason to do it on a public forum.

But I'm glad the thread happened and some minimal attempt was made by others.  It's certainly been interesting.

J

Yes Jack, it has been interesting and time not wasted.  I don't play these games for the same reason as you...I'm lousy at it.  But that's not to say that a group of people couldn't put their best numbers on the table and with a tool like deflate, come up with the most common numbers among the group.  I think it could work, at least to get a few bucks back from the game more often than not.  Too many different angles of attack to preclude that scenario.

Working together doesn't necessarily mean divulging secrets or splitting jackpots.  And working alone doesn't mean you can't win alone.  People are doing it all the time.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                Member #4416
                April 22, 2004
                1075 Posts
                Posted: August 14, 2006, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

Consensus numbers for 8-12-06 PowerBall Challenge:

6-15-20-23-34-35-46-47 (8-way tie for fifth number)

PB: 19 (1st choice)

28 (2nd choice)

Draw numbers for 8-12-06: 13-14-18-27-54,  PB: 32

Consensus picks hit white ball 18 only.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19815 Posts
                  Posted: August 19, 2006, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

A consensus of the PowerBall Challengers is not a consensus of the top Multi-State games predictors.  I was looking at the top 10 predictors list and that list is a whole different list when it's regenerated by state or/and game type.  Maybe taking a consensus of the top predictors of the game type or/and state that you're playing will get better results.  Just a thought I'm throwing out there.

Evil Looking