Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 12:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

location, location, location?

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
we;reallwinners's avatar - praying hands.jpg

United States
Member #12416
March 13, 2005
564 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2006, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Wow, lots of great feedback.  Thank you all for your thoughts and information.   Money  I'll focus more on studying the numbers......

Hiding Behind Computerbe vewyvewy quiet, WewHuntingNumbers

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5112 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2006, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I'm wondering whether payouts wouldn't be something to consider when playing the lottery.

A store in my "hood" recently sold a winning Fantasy Five ticket (an easy pick) and it seems to me that buying a Fantasy Five ticket from them now would insure that I wouldn't be buying a winner.  I also wonder whether they insure a "rollover" based on ticket sales and winners?

I started watching where the winners where being paid and it seems like the lottery is "spreading the wealth", which is a good thing, but something to be aware of.

Any other observations out there regarding how they pay out on the different games.  Just an idea.........

GREAT topic..............................

but.................................what's ..LOCATION

(GOT TO)

"do with-IT"????

buy a...QUICK-PIC

YOY don't have to work @ McDonalds, Wendy's or Kentucky!!!!!!!  

PSYKOMO 

United States
      Member #12416
      March 13, 2005
      564 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2006, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

GREAT topic..............................

but.................................what's ..LOCATION

(GOT TO)

"do with-IT"????

buy a...QUICK-PIC

YOY don't have to work @ McDonalds, Wendy's or Kentucky!!!!!!!  

PSYKOMO 

Hey, I haven't tried the quick pics for the 3 & 4 digits......maybe that would change my luck, huh?

thanx for the suggestion......

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2006, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Be sure to let us know what you come up with in your studies.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: September 15, 2006, 2:38 am - IP Logged

"In theory you may be right, in reality you are wrong, I discussed this a week ago."

Just to clarify, I don't know whose post you were referring to, but I was talking about State games.  Here it's a fact, not a theory, that there are many, many more winners in Miami-Dade than any other county.  I follow the press releases daily.  Of course that's not to say that someone in a tiny town with 500 people and one grocery store can't win or there might actually be a week where nobody in Miami wins Fantasy 5. (can't find one)   However, I have no idea how PB works.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10344 Posts
            Posted: September 15, 2006, 2:43 am - IP Logged

guesser

It looks like the reality of the Illinois Little Lotto results are interfering with the theory of your reality.

Granted, multi-state games are a different breed of cat, but as far as in-state games go, it's the Chicagos and Miamis that crank out the winners.

Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: September 15, 2006, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I didn't want to go through the news section and make a list. However, it's funny that today I got up and checked the FL site to see where last night's winning tickets were bought. I knew 2 people won, but the locations are announced the next day.  Here's this morning's article:

TALLAHASSEE-- The Florida Lottery announced today that two players matched all five winning numbers in the Thursday, Sept. 14, FANTASY 5® drawing and will share a $230,350.76 top prize.

The lucky winners will each receive $115,175.38.

The winning FANTASY 5 numbers were:

01 - 12 - 21 - 24 - 30

The winning tickets were sold at the following locations:

Opa Locka Exxon
              3705 N.W. 135th Street
              Opa Locka (Miami-Dade County)

Sunset Citgo
              6180 Sunset Drive
              South Miami (Miami-Dade County)

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                Nova Scotia
                Canada
                Member #9934
                December 27, 2004
                884 Posts
                Posted: September 15, 2006, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

If there was a large lottery prize for me in another town. I would travel to buy the ticket. Instead of wondering if I would win where I live.

Wandering Aimlessly
                  United States
                  Member #25360
                  November 5, 2005
                  4461 Posts
                  Posted: September 15, 2006, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

If there was a large lottery prize for me in another town. I would travel to buy the ticket. Instead of wondering if I would win where I live.

I'm not sure what you are saying. Are the games where you live local?  Our games cover the entire State of Florida and one town has just as much of a shot at the jackpot as any other, but since so many people buy tickets in Miami, it has the majority of winners.  Anyway, it's at least 125 miles each way, so I'd be spending about $25-$30 in gas and tolls to get $5 of lottery tickets.  Then I'd find out that the person in line behind me won a jackpot with a quick pick!  LOL

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
                    Nova Scotia
                    Canada
                    Member #9934
                    December 27, 2004
                    884 Posts
                    Posted: September 15, 2006, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Hi,  I meant that if there was a store in another town where I would be able to play the tag on the ticket also  or get insta picks and they would be winners. It would be worth it to travel the distance for it. Instead of the stores I usually visit. That would be great to have success .

United States
                      Member #41383
                      June 16, 2006
                      1969 Posts
                      Posted: September 15, 2006, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

guesser

It looks like the reality of the Illinois Little Lotto results are interfering with the theory of your reality.

Granted, multi-state games are a different breed of cat, but as far as in-state games go, it's the Chicagos and Miamis that crank out the winners.

Sorry - I thought we were talking about Powerball, not 'Little Lotto' or whatever you said.  We don't have 'Little Lotto' here, and most folks know all I ever play is Powerball.  I pay absolutely no attention to any other game(s) besides Powerball because they are irrelevent to me.

My mistake, I apologize. 

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: September 15, 2006, 8:32 pm - IP Logged

Sorry - I thought we were talking about Powerball, not 'Little Lotto' or whatever you said.  We don't have 'Little Lotto' here, and most folks know all I ever play is Powerball.  I pay absolutely no attention to any other game(s) besides Powerball because they are irrelevent to me.

My mistake, I apologize. 

We have lots of customers who play only the Powerball and not take a stab at the lotto 5.

Lotto 5 has a smaller matrix and rolls over really fast.  It is up to a half million for tonight.  I dont understand why people go for the millions when the odds are so much greater...

I buy both for my father.. and lotto 5 for myself..

Good luck to all..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
                          Member #12416
                          March 13, 2005
                          564 Posts
                          Posted: September 15, 2006, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Be sure to let us know what you come up with in your studies.

HA!........

I have to wonder whether this was my Boyfriend making that post......

he just laughs as me and says......

"HOURS & HOURS of Studying the behavior or Random number drawings"???????.........

It's really more like hours and hours of reading the entertaining posts of our beloved Lottery Post members.......

Thanks for the reminder......See Ya!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10344 Posts
                            Posted: September 15, 2006, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

guesser

People here, for the most part, probably play them all, but given the chances of hitting any of them being in the 150,000,000 to 1 range for Powerball and 176,000,000 to 1 range for Mega Millions and 575,000 something to 1 for a 5/39 game that also rolls over......let's see....

PB What?    MM  What?  or a -5 game What?

Since the thread title is location, location, location, naturally there's not going to be as many, or any, repeat locations in a multi-state game as there are in in-state games.

If I was an alien from the planet Lottsalottoville and was reading this thread, I'm heading to Miami and Chicago to play my tickets, that's all there is to it.

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: September 16, 2006, 1:05 am - IP Logged

HA!........

I have to wonder whether this was my Boyfriend making that post......

he just laughs as me and says......

"HOURS & HOURS of Studying the behavior or Random number drawings"???????.........

It's really more like hours and hours of reading the entertaining posts of our beloved Lottery Post members.......

Thanks for the reminder......See Ya!

No, I'm always curious as to how folks arrive at numbers, if they see something I don't, if they see something I could use in conjunction with my own theories, that's all.  Besides, I am convinced all the best calculations in the world will only get you 3x5, the other 2 always come out of nowhere, hit by pure luck.  If that wasn't the case, I can think of about 20 folks on this thread that would have hit the jackpot by now, but you learn something when folks that really put their heart into it and hit a 3-0, 2-0, 2-1, 1-1 most of the time in their 5/15 picks.

Folks, I'm in a state that has Powerball, and the State-run Pick 5, the pick 5 is 38 numbers, and the jackpot starts at $50,000, and usually never gets over $100,000.  No other games here 'pay anything'.

I have more fun with PB - and it pays $200,000 for a pick 5 hit alone.

BTW - there isn't 'hours and hours' of reading on here - unless you are a slow reader, a REALLY slow reader....  :)