Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you had a 'system'....

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

If you have a system that REALLY worked, would you share it publicly ?

Sure, why not ? [ 44 ]  [47.31%]
Probably not, it would jinx me. [ 15 ]  [16.13%]
Hell no, are you crazy ? [ 34 ]  [36.56%]
Total Valid Votes [ 93 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
Mid-Missouri
United States
Member #644
August 31, 2002
4271 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2006, 12:24 am - IP Logged

I disagree with the 3/4 system.  You would get there faster just using the system.  If you sold it, you would have to pay taxes on the income you make.

When playing pick 4.. I box for prizes under $600 so that I collect without paying taxes..

I am taxed enough with my career and my hubby's business. 

Either I didn't write it well and/or you didn't understand what I was saying. In conjunction to using the system I came up with I would write it into a program and sell it. (multiple times) Not only bringing in the money that I won while using the system, but have money coming in by selling it as well. Now, do you understand? I thought by me being the one that came up with the system it would be understood that I would be using it too. I guess not...Confused

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2006, 12:35 am - IP Logged

I don't mind sharing ideas - if folks share back with me, but I won't do it publicly.

Why ?

Ridicule.

I don't need it, nobody needs it.

As I have said forever, I see tendencies all the time, some are very accurate, but I won't give away the farm unless somebody has noticed something they want to share back to me.  Then it becomes a standoff - I won't share until they do, and they won't share until I do.

At any rate, the answers I've read are exactly what I thought I would see. 

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31343 Posts
      Posted: October 22, 2006, 12:44 am - IP Logged

Either I didn't write it well and/or you didn't understand what I was saying. In conjunction to using the system I came up with I would write it into a program and sell it. (multiple times) Not only bringing in the money that I won while using the system, but have money coming in by selling it as well. Now, do you understand? I thought by me being the one that came up with the system it would be understood that I would be using it too. I guess not...Confused

Hey Pup - gotcha.

i would share a pick 3 system.

Lovies

love to nibble those micey feet.

Konformthismfs's avatar - lisasham
        CA
        United States
        Member #4429
        April 23, 2004
        426 Posts
        Posted: October 22, 2006, 1:20 am - IP Logged

The only system worth selling is a worthless system! Why deal with the BS of selling a system if you can go use it yourself over & over?  and you know once you tell or sell to one person, it's all over, it's no longer your system, it's our system...

It's not what you got,  It's what you give,  It's not the life you choose, It's the life you live! Guitar

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
          Mid-Missouri
          United States
          Member #644
          August 31, 2002
          4271 Posts
          Posted: October 22, 2006, 2:16 am - IP Logged

The only system worth selling is a worthless system! Why deal with the BS of selling a system if you can go use it yourself over & over?  and you know once you tell or sell to one person, it's all over, it's no longer your system, it's our system...

The only system worth selling is a worthless system! Why? Besides, I'm thinking of P3 program, not jackpot. See my post above...

Why deal with the BS of selling a system if you can go use it yourself over & over? Because of all the extra potential income. I mean, we are not talking about a program that hits everyday. At least, I'm not... I would consider it a good one if it hits 2 or 3 times a week with just a few numbers. What BS, taxes? 

and you know once you tell or sell to one person, it's all over, it's no longer your system, it's our system...

You could easily write the program to take in the daily drawings and do all the magic behind the curtain of the program and just produce the results. It is not like you have to give away all your secrets to the layman of the world.

Think of it like Bill Gates... He is not the riches person in the US for nothing. He has (arguable) the best system out on the market for computers. So, he sells alot of product even though there are other options available. I mean, you can break down windows and see the code. So, now it is our system, but do you feel like writing out another OS or are you going to just buy it and save yourself the hassle if it produces what you want?

Personally, I hope to find out how much of a hassle it would be to sell a good program. Still confused as to why you think it has to be worthless...The better it is the more sales you will get. Ask Bill...

Besides, I didn't see what you would do. I am assuming you would keep them all to yourself, no matter what system it is. P3/4 or jackpot. Because the only system to share freely would be a bad one. right?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10345 Posts
            Posted: October 22, 2006, 2:44 am - IP Logged

In a book I read about mail order one of the points made was that the person most likely to send you a bad check was somebody ordering any kind of gambling information. 

The ones who would do this not only want the info. on how to beat the house, but want to beat you out of the price for the info, too.  

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
              rainbow lake
              Canada
              Member #25177
              November 2, 2005
              10764 Posts
              Posted: October 22, 2006, 4:04 am - IP Logged

I do have a system that really works and so do a bunch of other posters on here,

What people really might be trying to say is. If you could guess the winning number daily would you share the system.

When that happens then bye  bye  lottery.

Guess what.

Not gonna happen.

But lots of systems that will get you close.

Heres the best money maker out there as far as i am concerned, Doubles due and 2 digit return due at same time, a 30$ bet makes you 800 on pick 3,

so 300 makes you 8000 , works good on RNG systems, Gotta like it check the stats.Type

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: October 22, 2006, 8:37 am - IP Logged

The only system worth selling is a worthless system! Why? Besides, I'm thinking of P3 program, not jackpot. See my post above...

Why deal with the BS of selling a system if you can go use it yourself over & over? Because of all the extra potential income. I mean, we are not talking about a program that hits everyday. At least, I'm not... I would consider it a good one if it hits 2 or 3 times a week with just a few numbers. What BS, taxes? 

and you know once you tell or sell to one person, it's all over, it's no longer your system, it's our system...

You could easily write the program to take in the daily drawings and do all the magic behind the curtain of the program and just produce the results. It is not like you have to give away all your secrets to the layman of the world.

Think of it like Bill Gates... He is not the riches person in the US for nothing. He has (arguable) the best system out on the market for computers. So, he sells alot of product even though there are other options available. I mean, you can break down windows and see the code. So, now it is our system, but do you feel like writing out another OS or are you going to just buy it and save yourself the hassle if it produces what you want?

Personally, I hope to find out how much of a hassle it would be to sell a good program. Still confused as to why you think it has to be worthless...The better it is the more sales you will get. Ask Bill...

Besides, I didn't see what you would do. I am assuming you would keep them all to yourself, no matter what system it is. P3/4 or jackpot. Because the only system to share freely would be a bad one. right?

I don't think a pick 3 system worth selling would be a worthless system.  I just dont understand why anyone would want to sell the program.  If you are making $500-$3,000 extra each week playing the system.. why the hassle of selling the thing and having to pay taxes..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
                  Lotto City, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #36256
                  March 30, 2006
                  1472 Posts
                  Posted: October 22, 2006, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

I checked "sure, why not?" I have often been accused of being overly generous. All people are different and that is just me. Big Smile

Canada
                    Member #47080
                    October 18, 2006
                    10 Posts
                    Posted: October 23, 2006, 1:30 am - IP Logged

Are you really a Lotterologist or you just using the name? I heared that they pay people for there old tickets that are not winners any truth  to that ?

Also I would have to say It depends on if Id share a system with people, because like many of you said sometimes by sharing you can rattle the hand that feeds ya and then they could really change the system leaving you out in the dust.. Imagine the Wake up call you would give the lottery fixers if 400 people won the jackpot LOL!!!!!! I doubt the old system would be in place the following  week

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
                      Lotto City, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #36256
                      March 30, 2006
                      1472 Posts
                      Posted: October 23, 2006, 4:28 am - IP Logged

I am the original Lotterologist. Before me, no one had that name; I don't buy old lottery tickets, but I do predict lottery numbers. I wouldn't share a system to win the lotto, but I would share a winning system for the 3 and 4 digit games.

SirMetro's avatar - center
                        East of Atlanta
                        United States
                        Member #6191
                        August 11, 2004
                        1389 Posts
                        Posted: October 23, 2006, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Personally, I think that every system and/or method out there has, at one time or another, excellent short term streaks of producing positive results. I also believe that the majority of those systems for sale take advantage of that sole fact. And by simply advertising the short term positive streak that occurred, they are able to declare the system a "winning" method.

As for those of you who are winning from a few hundred to a few thousand a week, I really hope you do not truly believe you are going to avoid paying taxes. In case anyone forgot, it was the IRS who took down the MOB, not the police. And if you think the IRS doesn't win, you just might want to check the rule book again, it is stacked in their favor. Oh and by the way, they do pay the tipsters a reward and Federal Court says they do not have to tell you who tipped them off either.

As for sharing the method or system, I don't mind sharing because I don't make the assumption that the method or approach I am using is one of a kind. I also understand how each lottery is changed virtually each and every game to insure absolute random draws. And similiar to what was noted on the TV show Numbers the other night, it is amazing how the human mind can deduce a pattern when in fact the absolute randomness of the behavior of a giving item can not truly be defined.

So to answer the original question, yes, I would share whatever system I have. Then hopefully, during the short term success that it has, perhaps others will gain from the use of it. And like any good fad, it too shall eventually see a return to popularity again. Anyway, this is just my dime's worth (2 cents original value plus 5 cent inflation and 3 cents of taxes).

Sir Metro

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10345 Posts
                          Posted: October 24, 2006, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Excellent post Sir Metro...and I've been waiting for someone to mention that aspect of the Numbers.

I though the under $600 no taxes was part of the lure of the pick 3 though, or are you talking about hitting so often 'somebody is watching'?

Wink

SirMetro's avatar - center
                            East of Atlanta
                            United States
                            Member #6191
                            August 11, 2004
                            1389 Posts
                            Posted: October 24, 2006, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Excellent post Sir Metro...and I've been waiting for someone to mention that aspect of the Numbers.

I though the under $600 no taxes was part of the lure of the pick 3 though, or are you talking about hitting so often 'somebody is watching'?

Wink

The under $600 no tax is so deceitful, it is scary that it's allowed. The reality of the under $600 (and I think the actual is really $599.99 or less) is an annual running total, NOT an single seperate win. If you won $300 a week for 10 weeks, the IRS will eventually notice you had an extra $3,000 and the IRS will want to know where their cut is.

A good example is a coworker of mine who is now saving up and collecting all of his non-winning tickets to offset his wins. The reason? The IRS noticed him showing up to collect thousands at a time. Well, here in GA, $2,500 and less and GA doesn't withhold taxes, however, they do collect your social security number and report it as income to you. An example of his wins is in one week alone, he won over $13,000 (and yes, I saw the tickets). I think that this year alone, he has won more then 3 times his annual salary. Now, I have no idea how much he spends, I know I couldn't keep up with it or I would have him betting for me as well.

Now, personally, I think what folks do with their hard earned money is their own business. But I do believe that folks need to be better educated as to the consequences of what happens when bending the rules finally catch up to you. If you want a better idea, go buy the latest edition of the Wall Street Journal. There is almost always a story of a Federal Court Ruling regarding the IRS. And over 99% of the time, it is in the IRS's favor. Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate the IRS. I have seen many occasions where the IRS has bent over backwards to work with people who made honest mistakes. I even envy the idea of having the problem of having so much extra income that I would actually have to pay additional money to the IRS (remember, the more you make, the more they take rule). There is even a rule that can be enforced to collect taxes on "illegal" income (that is how some of the drug cartels are being takened out, compliments of the IRS).

And in regards to the "someone is watching", your a fool to think someone isn't. Especially when it comes to money, somebody is always watching. And eventually, it will catch up with you. Personally, I think that if the major online gambling companies registered with the IRS and agreed to report the wins (and loss's) to the IRS of each individual, this anti-gambling would vanish in a heart beat. So those of you who like to play online, I suggest you get yourself an off-shore, non-US bank account. Then, when you have hit it big time, move out of the country, before the IRS catches up with you.

Take care and have fun all,

Sir Metro

Amarillo/Austin
                              United States
                              Member #1424
                              April 25, 2003
                              696 Posts
                              Posted: October 24, 2006, 11:15 am - IP Logged

I have a pretty good system, but I will not share because:

A. I worked hard on it for the past three years.

B Why should I share it with strangers.

C. If the lottery entities discover there is a winning system, they may change the rules and ruin it for me. 

D. Half of the fun is doing your own work.

E. I don't dole out charity well or respect those who receive it.

F. Most of the systems on this website are not quantifiable and are therefore questionable at best.

G. Franklin once said that a secret cannot be kept by two people.

Orangeman 

No No