Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky For Life

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 10 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Raven62's avatar - binary
New Jersey
United States
Member #17843
June 28, 2005
49690 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2006, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Arguing with CASH is less productive than banging your head on a wall. He's a troll on this group.

Apparently NOT:

No Trolling: Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to annoy people.

You should keep in mind:

No personal attacks: Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated. This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
    Member #119
    February 19, 2002
    527 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2006, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

Unlucky for Life will not be missed because it doesn't exist.

Lucky for Life will be missed.

I couldn't agree with you more!  It surely WILL be missed.

Two things I just can't figure out, though:

1) Why are Cash and Jimmy threatened by lower number field games?

2) Why can't anyone seem to refute my lower number field game logic?

Congratulations to ALL the Lucky For Life Winners!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: December 9, 2006, 9:48 am - IP Logged

Apparently NOT:

No Trolling: Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to annoy people.

You should keep in mind:

No personal attacks: Criticize ideas, not people. Flaming will not be tolerated. This includes any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws.

He is being a troll.  I hope it doesn't get so bad that I'll have to prevent him from posting.  Eventually my patience is going to wear out.  It's getting close.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: December 9, 2006, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

If Pennsylvania was a little more open-minded when it developed Lucky for Life by offering top prize winners a choice of $3,000 a month for life or a $500,000 lump sum, there would have been far fewer complaints about the top prize on LP. In fact, I would have given Pennsylvania a large amount of praise if Lucky for Life had the aforementioned cash option, which is far from universal when it comes to US games with lifetime prizes. For all we know, if Lucky for Life had the $500,000 lump sum option, GA-KY-VA Lucky for Life might have its cash option in all three states, with the cash option significantly higher than the 520k offered by VA. And Lucky for Life might still have more "life" left, with Pennsylvania not pulling the plug next month.

Delaware
          United States
          Member #30273
          January 14, 2006
          494 Posts
          Posted: December 10, 2006, 1:01 am - IP Logged

If Pennsylvania was a little more open-minded when it developed Lucky for Life by offering top prize winners a choice of $3,000 a month for life or a $500,000 lump sum, there would have been far fewer complaints about the top prize on LP. In fact, I would have given Pennsylvania a large amount of praise if Lucky for Life had the aforementioned cash option, which is far from universal when it comes to US games with lifetime prizes. For all we know, if Lucky for Life had the $500,000 lump sum option, GA-KY-VA Lucky for Life might have its cash option in all three states, with the cash option significantly higher than the 520k offered by VA. And Lucky for Life might still have more "life" left, with Pennsylvania not pulling the plug next month.

The biggest problem with Lucky for Life is that Pennsylvania is a state with a large population of senior citizens, with a rapidly leaving population of younger people. Pennsylvania's economy is tanking. I am among the so-called "brain drain" and do not regret it at all.

Pennsylvania has two "for life" scratch-off games, a $2 and a $10 version. These games are probably sufficient, however, if PA wants to have a for-life jackpot drawing, they should join up with the Win for Life game in GA/KY/VA. It is a bigger prize at half the price, and the $520,000 cash option would be a good thing to entice the seniors to buy in. The drawing could be broadcast in a manner similar to Kentucky balancing both the Win for Life and the Powerball broadcasts (one after the other).

I continue to hold a Lucky for Life ticket which will expire with the last drawing. I also have an annual subscription to VA's Win for Life.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
            A long and winding road
            United States
            Member #17084
            June 10, 2005
            4524 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2006, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Sirbrad-I wanted to thank you for clarifying that Lucky for Life is retiring and showing the link. Some folks needed to read it to beleive the truth which you stated.

Greg: Thanks for sticking with rational thought processing. Math , statistics and gaming can indeed be enjoyable. I understood your postings reasonings. Keep sharing your view point, its what makes this forum interesting!

Variety is the spice of life and the new games composed by the state lotteries do add zest! Im rather anxious to play the new game debuting in PA in January 2007.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
              Member #119
              February 19, 2002
              527 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2006, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

Sirbrad-I wanted to thank you for clarifying that Lucky for Life is retiring and showing the link. Some folks needed to read it to beleive the truth which you stated.

Greg: Thanks for sticking with rational thought processing. Math , statistics and gaming can indeed be enjoyable. I understood your postings reasonings. Keep sharing your view point, its what makes this forum interesting!

Variety is the spice of life and the new games composed by the state lotteries do add zest! Im rather anxious to play the new game debuting in PA in January 2007.

Thank you, GameGirl!  In all my years of posting here, I can't remember anyone complementing me on a post!  You made my day, my night, my week-- heck, you even made my year!

Good luck to you and everyone else here.

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: December 12, 2006, 10:29 am - IP Logged

I'm glad you are looking forward to playing Mix & Match, which debuts January 23, 2007 (first drawing 1/25/2007.) I do forsee some problems (will some media give the numbers in ascending order, rather than exactly as they come out), but, since it's not annuity-only, M&M will be a much better game than the one it replaces.

United States
                  Member #1826
                  July 11, 2003
                  2645 Posts
                  Posted: December 15, 2006, 12:38 am - IP Logged

The biggest problem with Lucky for Life is that Pennsylvania is a state with a large population of senior citizens, with a rapidly leaving population of younger people. Pennsylvania's economy is tanking. I am among the so-called "brain drain" and do not regret it at all.

Pennsylvania has two "for life" scratch-off games, a $2 and a $10 version. These games are probably sufficient, however, if PA wants to have a for-life jackpot drawing, they should join up with the Win for Life game in GA/KY/VA. It is a bigger prize at half the price, and the $520,000 cash option would be a good thing to entice the seniors to buy in. The drawing could be broadcast in a manner similar to Kentucky balancing both the Win for Life and the Powerball broadcasts (one after the other).

I continue to hold a Lucky for Life ticket which will expire with the last drawing. I also have an annual subscription to VA's Win for Life.

I would be awesome if PA joined up with Win For Life.

(insert signature here)

Delaware
                    United States
                    Member #30273
                    January 14, 2006
                    494 Posts
                    Posted: December 15, 2006, 1:52 am - IP Logged

I would be awesome if PA joined up with Win For Life.

Write to them and suggest it. I will do the same. Also, suggest they use a cash option to entice seniors to buy tickets. Remember, the $520K option VA has is typically higher than Cash 5's prize.

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: December 15, 2006, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Write to them and suggest it. I will do the same. Also, suggest they use a cash option to entice seniors to buy tickets. Remember, the $520K option VA has is typically higher than Cash 5's prize.

Why would Pennsylvania have a cash option if they joined GA-KY-VA Lose for Life, when it refused to offer a cash option in UNlucky for Life?

The 520k option in VA is cheap. It's only 10 years' worth of payments. The minimum cash option on a $1000-a-week prize should be $675,000 (about 13 years).

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31344 Posts
                        Posted: December 15, 2006, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Why would Pennsylvania have a cash option if they joined GA-KY-VA Lose for Life, when it refused to offer a cash option in UNlucky for Life?

The 520k option in VA is cheap. It's only 10 years' worth of payments. The minimum cash option on a $1000-a-week prize should be $675,000 (about 13 years).

STOP IT>    you're beyond annoying.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Lotto Czar's avatar - sam
                          Harrisburg, Pa.
                          United States
                          Member #3093
                          December 23, 2003
                          233 Posts
                          Posted: December 18, 2006, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Good investment.  Maybe someone could help me out here, but it seems like the occurences of people getting lucky for life-i.e. hitting the jackpot, is not all that often compared to other games.

I have ot admit, I very rarely, if ever play Lucky for Life, but the New Mix and match with better (1 in 4 vs. 1 in 12) odds is promissing.  And with a lump some present worth Jackpot; aalthough an annuity wouldn't bother me.  Best improvement in this regard to lucky for life, should have been a progressive Jackpot, say an exta $100 or so  when all six numbers didn't go.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                            PA
                            United States
                            Member #22983
                            October 6, 2005
                            2226 Posts
                            Posted: December 22, 2006, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Another thing is for certain, I would not be complaining about a $100,000 a year for life annuity. Which is more like $75,000, and still nothing to complain about. However I do have a slight problem buying one scratch off for $10.00, especially considering how much I already lost on them. Nonetheless I would be ecstatic to win Lifetime Riches. I suppose $100,000 a year for life is unlucky riches? LOL

Heck even a 70 year old could enjoy many years of that. Thanks also Gamegrl, I also always enjoy your rationality, logical reasoning, humorous, and above all compassionate postings.

Delaware
                              United States
                              Member #30273
                              January 14, 2006
                              494 Posts
                              Posted: December 23, 2006, 12:22 am - IP Logged

Another thing is for certain, I would not be complaining about a $100,000 a year for life annuity. Which is more like $75,000, and still nothing to complain about. However I do have a slight problem buying one scratch off for $10.00, especially considering how much I already lost on them. Nonetheless I would be ecstatic to win Lifetime Riches. I suppose $100,000 a year for life is unlucky riches? LOL

Heck even a 70 year old could enjoy many years of that. Thanks also Gamegrl, I also always enjoy your rationality, logical reasoning, humorous, and above all compassionate postings.

Slightly off-topic: Did you notice that PA rolled out a new $10 scratch-off with $100K/yr/life? It is likely the replacement for Lifetime Riches once they sell off the last winning jackpot ticket.

http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/lottery/PALotto/instInfo.asp?i=306

Back on-topic: Lucky for Life could have been a better game if it some kind of a built-in progressive jackpot, perhaps as either the cash option or as another prize level (ie: a bonus ball). It would be theorically possible to have a "classic" lotto game with two jackpots: one for life, one that would be that would start at $100K or $1 Million and roll until won.