Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky For Life

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 10 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
PA
United States
Member #22983
October 6, 2005
2226 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2006, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

I was wondering what they would do after the last winning ticket is sold. I wish I could afford to buy a lot of them, and the new one is going to be tempting.

United States
    Member #119
    February 19, 2002
    527 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2006, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

With all the hoopla about "mix and match", would someone please explain exactly how it works? Thank you.

PA
      United States
      Member #22983
      October 6, 2005
      2226 Posts
      Posted: December 23, 2006, 11:03 pm - IP Logged

The PA Lottery is pleased to announce the launch of a new jackpot game, mix & match, in January 2007; this game will replace LUCKY FOR LIFE LOTTO.  January 22, 2007, will be the last LUCKY FOR LIFE drawing.  Mix & match tickets go on sale Tuesday, January 23, 2007; the first mix & match drawing will be conducted Thursday, January 25, 2007.  Mix & match will be drawn Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m., along with The Daily Number, BIG 4 and CASH 5.  Scientific Games personnel will begin installing mix & match key caps on Integra terminals in early November.

Players choose five numbers from 1 to 19.  Each play costs $2.  Players can win by matching one or more of their numbers in the same position, and by matching three or more of their numbers in any position, to those drawn by the Lottery.  There are 17 different prize level combinations.  Players may use either a playslip to select their own numbers, elect to have the Integra terminal select them via the quick-pick method, or a combination of the two.  Advance play will be available for up to two draws only.

Mix & match prizes will be paid in cash (including the jackpot prize), a FREE ticket, or a combination of the two.  The top mix & match prize level is pari-mutuel, so the total prize pool available is equally divided among all winning tickets matching all five winning numbers in the same position in which they were drawn.  Jackpots start at $50,000; if the top prize is not won in a drawing, the entire amount rolls over to the next drawing’s jackpot.  The odds of winning the jackpot prize are 1-in-1.39 million; the overall odds of winning any prize are 1-in-3.57.  Retailers will receive a bonus for selling a winning ticket worth $100,000 or more.

United States
        Member #119
        February 19, 2002
        527 Posts
        Posted: January 1, 2007, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

The PA Lottery is pleased to announce the launch of a new jackpot game, mix & match, in January 2007; this game will replace LUCKY FOR LIFE LOTTO.  January 22, 2007, will be the last LUCKY FOR LIFE drawing.  Mix & match tickets go on sale Tuesday, January 23, 2007; the first mix & match drawing will be conducted Thursday, January 25, 2007.  Mix & match will be drawn Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m., along with The Daily Number, BIG 4 and CASH 5.  Scientific Games personnel will begin installing mix & match key caps on Integra terminals in early November.

Players choose five numbers from 1 to 19.  Each play costs $2.  Players can win by matching one or more of their numbers in the same position, and by matching three or more of their numbers in any position, to those drawn by the Lottery.  There are 17 different prize level combinations.  Players may use either a playslip to select their own numbers, elect to have the Integra terminal select them via the quick-pick method, or a combination of the two.  Advance play will be available for up to two draws only.

Mix & match prizes will be paid in cash (including the jackpot prize), a FREE ticket, or a combination of the two.  The top mix & match prize level is pari-mutuel, so the total prize pool available is equally divided among all winning tickets matching all five winning numbers in the same position in which they were drawn.  Jackpots start at $50,000; if the top prize is not won in a drawing, the entire amount rolls over to the next drawing’s jackpot.  The odds of winning the jackpot prize are 1-in-1.39 million; the overall odds of winning any prize are 1-in-3.57.  Retailers will receive a bonus for selling a winning ticket worth $100,000 or more.

Wait a minute: "Scientific Games personnel will begin installing mix & match key caps on Integra terminals in early November." ??????

Translation: This is ANOTHER RIGGED Computerized game!

What the heck can be so "scientific" about replacing ping pong balls in a tube?  Answer: CONTROLLING THE OUTCOME OF DRAWINGS THROUGH SUBTLE, SOPHISTICATED SOFTWARE sold to States to MAXIMIZE their profits at players' expense!

This isn't "mix & match"!  No, this is FLIP & SWITCH!

For all its "alleged" faults not substantiated by whiners and complainers, Lucky For Life is vastly superior to "FLIP & SWITCH"!  What a con job this new F&S is!

Delaware
          United States
          Member #30273
          January 14, 2006
          494 Posts
          Posted: January 1, 2007, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

Wait a minute: "Scientific Games personnel will begin installing mix & match key caps on Integra terminals in early November." ??????

Translation: This is ANOTHER RIGGED Computerized game!

What the heck can be so "scientific" about replacing ping pong balls in a tube?  Answer: CONTROLLING THE OUTCOME OF DRAWINGS THROUGH SUBTLE, SOPHISTICATED SOFTWARE sold to States to MAXIMIZE their profits at players' expense!

This isn't "mix & match"!  No, this is FLIP & SWITCH!

For all its "alleged" faults not substantiated by whiners and complainers, Lucky For Life is vastly superior to "FLIP & SWITCH"!  What a con job this new F&S is!

WHOA! HOLD THE PRESSES! You lost something in the translation big time, Greg.

The Integra terminals are the ticket printing machines that the retailers use. It has nothing to do with the ball machines.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3475 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2007, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Maybe the noise from all the black helicopters was making it hard to concentrate.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
              A long and winding road
              United States
              Member #17084
              June 10, 2005
              4533 Posts
              Posted: January 3, 2007, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

In honor of the soon to be deceased game, I have chosen to make a memorial contribution and play an extra two dollar ticket.  May it rest in peace and may I finally get a PIECE of the winnings!

It was an interesting game . It kept gaining more interest for the state fund and less interest for the players. May the new game be winner friendly!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2007, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Maybe the noise from all the black helicopters was making it hard to concentrate.

ROFL Hit the nail on the head there.

(insert signature here)

Delaware
                  United States
                  Member #30273
                  January 14, 2006
                  494 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2007, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Traditionally I buy $20 worth of tickets for the last drawing of any game. I am considering going in larger on this one because it is presently my favorite traditional Pick 6 game, probably $50.

PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: January 4, 2007, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

I might go $100.00 the last draw. Although LFL has already robbed me enough. I am sure after all the money they make the last draw they will wish they kept the game. I won't even play mix and match unless it is at least $1.5 million due to taxes. So it looks like I won't be playing it much, and even less than LFL. Looks like another failure by lottery headquarters.

They always exclaim "this is what the people want" etc, yet for some reason I, part of the people; never get a vote.

United States
                      Member #119
                      February 19, 2002
                      527 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2007, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

lmAo !

good one!

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: January 30, 2007, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Greg, since you liked Lucky for Life so much (I actually respect your opinion, I just didn't respect the game), you could have worked harder to keep the game going. Like pushing for a cash option, which would have meant higher sales (without changing the lifetime prize, only making it an option), which in turn might have meant you might still be playing Lucky for Life.

Lucky for Life, if it weren't for the lack of a cash option, would have been better than Mix & Match. However, I think the "instant win" feature (also used in Ohio Lot O'Play) wore off quickly, as most players lost twice-once at the store, the second time with the drawing itself.

United States
                          Member #119
                          February 19, 2002
                          527 Posts
                          Posted: January 31, 2007, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

Greg, since you liked Lucky for Life so much (I actually respect your opinion, I just didn't respect the game), you could have worked harder to keep the game going. Like pushing for a cash option, which would have meant higher sales (without changing the lifetime prize, only making it an option), which in turn might have meant you might still be playing Lucky for Life.

Lucky for Life, if it weren't for the lack of a cash option, would have been better than Mix & Match. However, I think the "instant win" feature (also used in Ohio Lot O'Play) wore off quickly, as most players lost twice-once at the store, the second time with the drawing itself.

Cash, respect implies communicating, something which you chose (freely) not to do, such as responding point for point on those I have made here an in other posts.

Worked harder to keep the game going?  It was poisoned, in a small part, by your irrational thinking, and when refuted, you chose not to respond, which I choose to view as a concession.  The greed of PA's Harrisburg Lottery Execs greatly poisoned it.

Third, as for the cash option, if you did not like the game, why are you so in love with replacement games that insult players' intelligence and give much lower tiered prizes?

Lastly, as for the instant win feature, no, it did not wear off quickly.  My numerous instant $10. wins were used to pay for carefully selected future tickets which in effect, lowered my ticket price to one dollar a ticket.

United States
                            Member #379
                            June 5, 2002
                            11296 Posts
                            Posted: February 1, 2007, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Cash, respect implies communicating, something which you chose (freely) not to do, such as responding point for point on those I have made here an in other posts.

Worked harder to keep the game going?  It was poisoned, in a small part, by your irrational thinking, and when refuted, you chose not to respond, which I choose to view as a concession.  The greed of PA's Harrisburg Lottery Execs greatly poisoned it.

Third, as for the cash option, if you did not like the game, why are you so in love with replacement games that insult players' intelligence and give much lower tiered prizes?

Lastly, as for the instant win feature, no, it did not wear off quickly.  My numerous instant $10. wins were used to pay for carefully selected future tickets which in effect, lowered my ticket price to one dollar a ticket.

If Lucky for Life was "poisoned" by me, as you appear to be saying, then I guess my boycott of the game successfully was spread to other LP members, who might in turn have told others not to play it. And, as far as greed was concerned, I wonder who made money BECAUSE Lucky for Life winners were forced to receive yearly payments instead of being offered, say, a $500,000 cash option. (The Pennsylvania Lottery itself didn't benefit by making the top prize annuity-only; in fact, I wonder how much less overhead they would have if most winners took the cash option they never offered.)

I'm not "in love" with Mix & Match. I admit it may not become a popular game, but it's all cash (it would be the same if it were annuitized with a cash option.) And the overall odds of winning in M&M are much better than in Lucky for Life, which is why there are free tickets and $2 prizes.

Maybe you liked the instant win feature. I don't have a problem with it, but, I probably would be a little p***sed if I lost on my ticket BEFORE the numbers were drawn.

United States
                              Member #119
                              February 19, 2002
                              527 Posts
                              Posted: February 1, 2007, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

If Lucky for Life was "poisoned" by me, as you appear to be saying, then I guess my boycott of the game successfully was spread to other LP members, who might in turn have told others not to play it. And, as far as greed was concerned, I wonder who made money BECAUSE Lucky for Life winners were forced to receive yearly payments instead of being offered, say, a $500,000 cash option. (The Pennsylvania Lottery itself didn't benefit by making the top prize annuity-only; in fact, I wonder how much less overhead they would have if most winners took the cash option they never offered.)

I'm not "in love" with Mix & Match. I admit it may not become a popular game, but it's all cash (it would be the same if it were annuitized with a cash option.) And the overall odds of winning in M&M are much better than in Lucky for Life, which is why there are free tickets and $2 prizes.

Maybe you liked the instant win feature. I don't have a problem with it, but, I probably would be a little p***sed if I lost on my ticket BEFORE the numbers were drawn.

Hey, don't give yourself too much credit there.  Your propaganda simply misled some people.

You'd be happy with a jackpot prize of $500. because it is all cash.  That is the danger of your thinking, Cash.  You're not happy with $3,000. a month for twenty years!, but you're happy with a five hundred dollar lump sum, simply because it is a lump sum!

You say you're not in love with m&m but you sure advertised the hell out of it and bragged about its supposed "benefits" which I have pointed out, are far far less than LFL.

All your ranting and raving did nothing to influence the lottery execs in your favor.  Do not equate the doing away with LFL with your victory because far more preferable to winning a lump sum of a mere $50,000 is winning $3,000/month for 20 years.

You did nothing but attack an existing game, instead of offering something lottery execs who read these posts could latch onto positively.

You lost, Cash, and so did we.