Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

True personal story (getting ripped off)

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 10 years ago by jrobber69.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19831 Posts
Posted: March 3, 2007, 10:55 am - IP Logged

What does that have anything to do with my story?

THat was a prank I played about last year.

I'm at work now, when I get home I'll stick the picture of the ticket on here for you guys to see.  But i'm not sure why I have to prove myself being ripped off to you guys.. The investigation already proved that :)

I'll always save that picture for the memories.

All in all, the listen learned for me was to sign the back of the ticket everytime I win, and make sure the guy scans it in front of me. Also scratching all the prizes and reading the ticket a little bit more closely helps as well.

vbmx,

Don't worry about it, you're not the first prankster to come here with bunch of BS and you won't be the last.  There was one last week who started a thread about a brother who won a PB jackpot and wouldn't help her with medical bills, that one really sucked in a lot of response.  She fessed up after she had her fun.

When you said  someone else unknown to you paid the taxes on your $1000  lottery winnings and you weren't sure which game you played even with a picture of the winning ticket, it raised  suspicions.

Good luck

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2007, 11:53 am - IP Logged

This story proves that some people should never buy lottery ticket's..You can operate a cell phone and other contraptions and don't know if you have a winner or not....If you have a pool at work make sure someone else buys the ticket's and holds them for you...You got your moneys worth on that ticket!...

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2007, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

It's possible that this story is true, but there were too many inconsistencies. On the other hand, not everyone can express himself well in writing, especially composing a lengthy story on a board.  So, vbmx, if you are telling us the truth, thanks for the advice and the long story.  If not, although I'd like to feel that the posts here are all legitimate, we never know - not even when someone with thousands of posts tells his story.  Just keep in mind that every subject that generates interest is open to comments, whether they are positive or negative.  So nobody here should take offense if his story is criticized or picked apart.  At least a lesson has been learned, and as we've all written many times, don't cash in a ticket unless you verify the amount won.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2007, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

It was a plausable story, but I didn't believe it, either. There are just too many ways to alter things, anyone can change the date/time in a cell phone camera IF they know what buttons to push, that takes a tech-level person on some phones as the correct keystrokes are unpublished.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
          Member #91
          January 19, 2002
          11936 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2007, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Now to Vbmx... You have won the not so dubious distinction of  the:

The weekly " Moonie award "....! 

Moony 
          (I copied and pasted what Maddog10 told you after that little joke you pulled in 2005,,,bye bye Vbmx!!!)

United States
            Member #3291
            January 8, 2004
            71 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2007, 11:19 am - IP Logged

haha.

well here's my ticket.. that basically saved me. Unless I had the black and white copy with the VOID IF REMOVED  scratched off I wouldn't have had much of a case though because it's hard to prove teh tickets..

As you can see  the bottom of the ticket where it shows the 100 bucks also has a tiny writing which says X10 under teh star...  I hadn't read that cause i was so excited and the bastard at the store took advantage of me.

oh well. all ended well.

United States
              Member #3291
              January 8, 2004
              71 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2007, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I deffinately don't take offense. Thanks though.

I've been browsing this board for quite some time now and when i saw the news about the store ripping off the lady.. it made me think to post my story.

haha, so people can choose to beleve or not.  It seems like some people are way too stuck up here.    Also to the people insulting me and telling me i should not be allowed to buy tickets.. You don't really know what was going through my head at the moment. I really don't care to explain but I'll do so anyhow:

1. It was pretty early in the morning and I was half asleep. (hence, i bought the coffee)

2. I almost never buy 10 dollar scratch tickets or any other type of scratch ticket so I wasn't used to the rules as in the Star winning all prizes.

3. When you're a struggling college student and you think you won a 100 bucks.. a lot of things run through your mind and the excitement takes over and you dont really think as clearly as you might.

but anyhow.. I just posted my ticket. 

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                A long and winding road
                United States
                Member #17084
                June 10, 2005
                4532 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2007, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Whilst I am a skeptic on the photo- the ticket itself does say "Get the star" and win all ten prizes. That part is seemingly true. But since you so eagerly posted this picture, I'll go completely off the ticket itself , whether you are the true owner of it or not. The rest of the prizes were NOT scratched off so it remains to be seen what THOSE other nine prize values were. So the best I can come up with is. 1: A star was on the ticket. 2: there was a $100.00 listed under it.

No one knows if your the actual buyer of this ticket. Heck I had a friend stop by our work one day with his 1k instant and I could have just as easily snapped a picture and claimed it as mine! THe Difference was...He had signed the back :P

The story you  composed is more fiction then fact.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

United States
                  Member #41383
                  June 16, 2006
                  1969 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2007, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I'm waaay too 'stuck up' to reply.... anyone else ?  LOL

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                    Wandering Aimlessly
                    United States
                    Member #25360
                    November 5, 2005
                    4461 Posts
                    Posted: March 4, 2007, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Whilst I am a skeptic on the photo- the ticket itself does say "Get the star" and win all ten prizes. That part is seemingly true. But since you so eagerly posted this picture, I'll go completely off the ticket itself , whether you are the true owner of it or not. The rest of the prizes were NOT scratched off so it remains to be seen what THOSE other nine prize values were. So the best I can come up with is. 1: A star was on the ticket. 2: there was a $100.00 listed under it.

No one knows if your the actual buyer of this ticket. Heck I had a friend stop by our work one day with his 1k instant and I could have just as easily snapped a picture and claimed it as mine! THe Difference was...He had signed the back :P

Thanks for astutely pointing that out, GameGrl!  I don't often play instant game tickets, so it didn't hit me that only the winning prize was showing. You're right - that wouldn't make any sense.

However, if I strain my eyes long enough, I don't think it says the prize will be 10 x $100 ($1,000) it says "get a star symbol and win all 10 prizes automatically" doesn't it? Vbmx, I'm not questioning your sincerity, but I am reading the words on the ticket and that is what I see.  Can someone please explain this to me?  You are saying that, instead of winning $100, you should have won 10 times or $1,000, but that is not how I am understanding the instructions on the ticket you posted.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                      Harbinger
                      D.C./MD.
                      United States
                      Member #44103
                      July 30, 2006
                      5583 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2007, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

What does this accomplish?  What is the goal of the poster?  Can anyone tell me the rational for arguing the validity of this claim. I''m guessin' sympathy:  If you want sympathy you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your scratchy ticket and my congratulations on your receipt of the stolen money. Those bas***ds, they got what they deserved, I am absolutely sure Bush had something to do with it or maybe Al Gore, Halliburton, and the lottery gremlins. GHM jarasan.

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: March 4, 2007, 10:48 pm - IP Logged

What does this accomplish?  What is the goal of the poster?  Can anyone tell me the rational for arguing the validity of this claim. I''m guessin' sympathy:  If you want sympathy you have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your scratchy ticket and my congratulations on your receipt of the stolen money. Those bas***ds, they got what they deserved, I am absolutely sure Bush had something to do with it or maybe Al Gore, Halliburton, and the lottery gremlins. GHM jarasan.

I dunno, I'm still stuck, I hope to be unstuck soon, though...

United States
                          Member #3291
                          January 8, 2004
                          71 Posts
                          Posted: March 4, 2007, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Actually i had no clue how much I truly had won until I saw the scratched off black and white ticket hanging from the store's counter.

The ticket basically says I win all 10 prizes.  Since I hadn't scratched all then prizes, the person at the lottery office told me she had no clue how much the ticket could have been for.

United States
                            Member #3291
                            January 8, 2004
                            71 Posts
                            Posted: March 4, 2007, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

well, the lottery's investigation unit deffinately thought differently.  believe what you'd like.  imagine this though.. imagine me.. knowing my story is legit.. and then reading your post and just shaking my head and smiling ;)

Actually I just found this post I made on may 9th of 2006 referencing my situation..  It was actually the only time I had ever brought it up until a few days ago.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/134106/600969

but i suppose you think that I planned that post so that about 11 months later I'd come into the forum and write a fake story about a store ripping me off and me getting my money back..?

does that really make sense to you?  are there really people out there sick enough who'd do something like that?Confused

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: March 4, 2007, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

'are there really people out there sick enough who'd do something like that?'

Is that a serious question ?

When someone will KILL over a pair of Nikes or an NBA basketball player replica jersey, or for $10.00, is there any question ?

When money is involved - in any amount, the answer is YES.

Personally I think you should just drop it, you are only adding fuel to the fire.    Fun, I suppose, for some..