Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

True personal story (getting ripped off)

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 10 years ago by jrobber69.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
Dump Water Florida
United States
Member #380
June 5, 2002
3104 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Why don't you post the original picture, this one has been messed with.  BobP

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
    Florence, Alabama
    United States
    Member #8658
    November 13, 2004
    1993 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2007, 2:17 am - IP Logged

Why don't you post the original picture, this one has been messed with.  BobP

I'm wondering why you didn't post the black and white pic along with the color pic you took with your camera phone?????

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
      Florence, Alabama
      United States
      Member #8658
      November 13, 2004
      1993 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2007, 2:31 am - IP Logged

haha.

well here's my ticket.. that basically saved me. Unless I had the black and white copy with the VOID IF REMOVED  scratched off I wouldn't have had much of a case though because it's hard to prove teh tickets..

As you can see  the bottom of the ticket where it shows the 100 bucks also has a tiny writing which says X10 under teh star...  I hadn't read that cause i was so excited and the bastard at the store took advantage of me.

oh well. all ended well.

I must be reading this ticket wrong since I don't play scratch off tickets, but it looks to me like it says that you win X10 $100. I don't see how you could have thought this ticket was a $100. winner???? Actually if it was me who doesn't play scratch offs and I scratched this ticket I would have scratched everything including the other prizes. I also would have thought I won the 100 X10 plus what ever the other prizes were.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

United States
        Member #3291
        January 8, 2004
        71 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2007, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

I'm wondering why you didn't post the black and white pic along with the color pic you took with your camera phone?????

I actually handed over the black and white photo of the ticket to the lottery office along with my color print out of the cellphone pic.

Anyhow, I'm done with this thread.  I hope someone got something positive out of it.  I deffinately learned a valuable lesson.  I just think it's amazing how for close to 6 months I walked around not knowing that I was cheated out of $900 by someone that I knew and whom I regularly gave business to. I specifically bought lotto tickets from him just so if I ever won he'd get his percentage. I remember the officer told me something to the sort of "you can only imagine that if he did this to you, who else he could have done it to".

<Shameless self promotion :)>. Want to get an Edge in Mega Millions ? Try Mega Lotto Assistant. Coded by yours truly. </Shameless self promotion>

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1954 Posts
          Posted: March 5, 2007, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I actually handed over the black and white photo of the ticket to the lottery office along with my color print out of the cellphone pic.

Anyhow, I'm done with this thread.  I hope someone got something positive out of it.  I deffinately learned a valuable lesson.  I just think it's amazing how for close to 6 months I walked around not knowing that I was cheated out of $900 by someone that I knew and whom I regularly gave business to. I specifically bought lotto tickets from him just so if I ever won he'd get his percentage. I remember the officer told me something to the sort of "you can only imagine that if he did this to you, who else he could have done it to".

You don't actually know if it was $900 that you was "cheated" out of because you didn't scratch off the other prizes, so stop saying it was $900. Even if this story is true, I would still think you're partially responsible.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
            A long and winding road
            United States
            Member #17084
            June 10, 2005
            4529 Posts
            Posted: March 5, 2007, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

This poster who started this thread is crying over a situation that is long done and over with. And the lottery commission doesnt investigate off of black/white copies or "poor me stories".

Re-read my post for the analysis of the ticket.

This posters story is filled with more holes then swiss cheese.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

United States
              Member #3291
              January 8, 2004
              71 Posts
              Posted: March 5, 2007, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

You don't actually know if it was $900 that you was "cheated" out of because you didn't scratch off the other prizes, so stop saying it was $900. Even if this story is true, I would still think you're partially responsible.

What are you talking about? I received the remaining money.  I believe you are confused.

<Shameless self promotion :)>. Want to get an Edge in Mega Millions ? Try Mega Lotto Assistant. Coded by yours truly. </Shameless self promotion>

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                Indiana
                United States
                Member #48725
                January 7, 2007
                1954 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2007, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

What are you talking about? I received the remaining money.  I believe you are confused.

You don't KNOW that the 9 other prizes were all worth $100 because they weren't scratched off.

United States
                  Member #10720
                  January 23, 2005
                  933 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2007, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Speaking of getting ripped off but on a smaller scale... this happened to me twice in one week at the same store but with different clerks. I play my #s and get a few snacks, and they have me pay them for everything in one transaction. In these instances I get my change a few dollars less than it should be. The total they tell me is higher than it should be and with only a few non-Lottery items even on the LCD screen they add it but somehow they put something twice so the Lottery total is off by $2-$5 in their favor. I won't mention the store name but they were quick to check the register record and refund me the difference and I'm nice? enough to buy an OJ with it at the store. I told them from now on I want a receipt and I pay exact change of what I add up, if it's more than something's wrong, get the Mgr. immediately! MAKE SURE WHEN YOU PURCHASE TICKETS THE TOTAL IS WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. Sometimes they forget to reset the machine from the last customer or they add wrong, unintentionally I assume because it was 2 diff. people.

Vancouver
                    Canada
                    Member #50411
                    March 6, 2007
                    2 Posts
                    Posted: March 6, 2007, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Why did you black out the prizes in the pic?