Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Am I the only one that feels entitled to a jackpot?

Topic closed. 61 replies. Last post 10 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 4 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
for99c's avatar - Lottery-058.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #27861
December 6, 2005
29 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2007, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

"I must confess, I was born at a very early age."

Cary, IL.
    United States
    Member #50450
    March 6, 2007
    7 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2007, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Confused as to what this test by God is exactly?

I feel I could be as lucky as the next winner!

Regarding God, He has definitely been watching over me for my whole life. It is written that God wants each of us to live in abundance! You define your own abundance ! Or so say the intellectuals. 

In having everything we have (especially in America ), we are lucky indeed.  In my soon to be 52 years on this planet, each time I needed water, all I ever had to do is turn on the spigot, or uncork the bottle. I only slept without a roof over my head on adventures I volunteered for. I am loved by my loved ones, as well as other brothers in Christ,  and have hgih  hopes to repay plenty of good deeds when I win the Mega millions or powerball.

Am I entitled? Yes indeed, just as the last new millionaire that took the chance to pay his way into the game. Just as good as a chance as everyone else.!!

Jim ThomasHyper

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10354 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2007, 11:54 pm - IP Logged

"I've got all the money I'll ever need if I die by four o'clock this afternoon."

The only reason a great many American families don't own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy weekly payments."

There's a story about in ancient India or somewhere, when somebody really had it in for somebody else they would give them a young elephant as a gift.

They knew as the elephant grew it would take more, and more, and more of that person's resources to feed the elephant.  

I heard this story in reference to computers in schools. The conversation was how much money it took to equip a school pre-computers and now. Think about that one.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5124 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2007, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I mean, not in an arrogant or smug way but deep down inside, I feel like I deserve a multi-million dollar jackpot and actually feel like I have a shot at winning one and its just a matter of time until I win; sooner than later.

What about you all?  Do you all feel the same as I do?

MegaWinner:

Short<<<<<<<<But<<<<<<<<<SWEET>>>>>>>>

U-RrrrrrCorrect!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          PA
          United States
          Member #22983
          October 6, 2005
          2226 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2007, 12:13 am - IP Logged

You're entitled to anything you feel that you are. It has long been a false misconception that "God's" wish is for all to remain poor, and just barely get by; and be content with what you have regardless of how little it is. That is not true. It is also another misconception that only "good works" is rewarded, or should be; which also is not always the case. To hang onto such frugal thoughts is only hanging on to poverty, as you feel as though you do not deserve more than that.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5124 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2007, 12:31 am - IP Logged

I mean, not in an arrogant or smug way but deep down inside, I feel like I deserve a multi-million dollar jackpot and actually feel like I have a shot at winning one and its just a matter of time until I win; sooner than later.

MegaWinner:

Jack-in-the-BoxDO>>>>>UUUUU...........PLAY??????QUIPICK$$$$$$$??????

LOLPartyPartyHiding Behind Computer

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2007, 12:39 am - IP Logged

I learned at an early age that nothing in life has to be fair if it doesn't want to be.

Since the lottery is enveloped within the life experiences, and if someone feels the lottery owes them, well....again....that goes back to life being unfair. Go round n round....

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2007, 1:08 am - IP Logged

I learned at an early age that nothing in life has to be fair if it doesn't want to be.

Since the lottery is enveloped within the life experiences, and if someone feels the lottery owes them, well....again....that goes back to life being unfair. Go round n round....

PacAttack: I learned that, too.

If life was 'fair', why did my dad die when I was 8 ?

Why is it I know GREAT couples that have been trying to have kids for years, but can't, and yet I know single moms that get BREATHED on and they get pregnant ? 

Why does a great person get killed by a DUI driver, and the DUI driver walks away unscathed ?

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #50273
                  March 3, 2007
                  348 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2007, 1:15 am - IP Logged

This thread needs to be locked and deleted.  This is ridiculous.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2007, 1:17 am - IP Logged

This thread needs to be locked and deleted.  This is ridiculous.

Why is that ?

Did we say something you disagree with ?

Oh well.. People disagree with me all the time, but I can handle it.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                      A long and winding road
                      United States
                      Member #17084
                      June 10, 2005
                      4532 Posts
                      Posted: March 10, 2007, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

I would like to say:

SirMetro- You totally hit the nail on the head with your reply ! I laughed and enjoyed the commentary! Sorta gave me the willies when I read the originals persons quote of the life path.

Sirbrad- you too also spoke volumes about *karma*. Good deeds do go un noticed. And unkind deeds often times dont  get caught. Go figure.

This thread has been interesting. Staying on topic is a better course of action then just closing simply because folks disagree.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31363 Posts
                        Posted: March 10, 2007, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

You're entitled to anything you feel that you are. It has long been a false misconception that "God's" wish is for all to remain poor, and just barely get by; and be content with what you have regardless of how little it is. That is not true. It is also another misconception that only "good works" is rewarded, or should be; which also is not always the case. To hang onto such frugal thoughts is only hanging on to poverty, as you feel as though you do not deserve more than that.

Good post

love to nibble those micey feet.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                          PA
                          United States
                          Member #22983
                          October 6, 2005
                          2226 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2007, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

I am all about positive thinking, and manifestation. Although it does not always work quickly, it does seem to help more than not. I probably have over 50 books in my library on the subject, as well as the power of intention and how to utilize it in order to bring you what you want in life. I loved the DVD "What the Bleep do we know," and "The Secret," and am currently reading "The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World."

Fascinating material, and interestingly enough I usually win a lot more while studying and practicing material from these resources. When I win the jackpot I am sure it will make a great story, although I will be fighting it to try and keep as quiet as possible for awhile. However if you do not believe that you deserve something, you are not exactly generating any positive energy to help the flow at all. "Luck" on the other hand works differently, and anyone can get lucky.

Personally I just try to create that luck, or control and direct it more than most would. I feel as though the big one is coming anytime now, and I will not be disappearing from here when I do win. I will be back after my vacation to let everyone know, and continue to post. I feel no need to hide in a self-contained prison of guilt and paranoia, I will be enjoying life to the max, and will try to make life better for all of those around me.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #6
                            November 4, 2001
                            8790 Posts
                            Posted: March 10, 2007, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I am the one that should win.

When the jackpot hits 50 mil I do not want anyone else playing until my win comes in.

If you play I will have your tickets voided.

Its mine all mine and I do not want any one else to have any of it.

I am not selfish am I.

Did I just give you a line of BS

ROFL

MAGA

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                              Member #14
                              November 9, 2001
                              31363 Posts
                              Posted: March 11, 2007, 12:13 am - IP Logged

I am all about positive thinking, and manifestation. Although it does not always work quickly, it does seem to help more than not. I probably have over 50 books in my library on the subject, as well as the power of intention and how to utilize it in order to bring you what you want in life. I loved the DVD "What the Bleep do we know," and "The Secret," and am currently reading "The Intention Experiment: Using Your Thoughts to Change Your Life and the World."

Fascinating material, and interestingly enough I usually win a lot more while studying and practicing material from these resources. When I win the jackpot I am sure it will make a great story, although I will be fighting it to try and keep as quiet as possible for awhile. However if you do not believe that you deserve something, you are not exactly generating any positive energy to help the flow at all. "Luck" on the other hand works differently, and anyone can get lucky.

Personally I just try to create that luck, or control and direct it more than most would. I feel as though the big one is coming anytime now, and I will not be disappearing from here when I do win. I will be back after my vacation to let everyone know, and continue to post. I feel no need to hide in a self-contained prison of guilt and paranoia, I will be enjoying life to the max, and will try to make life better for all of those around me.

Had a lot of friving today - listened to the Secret.  Like it.

love to nibble those micey feet.