Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 1:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If Your State Pre-Test's its Draws List it here

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 10 years ago by amsoly41.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
mississippi
United States
Member #34478
March 3, 2006
5906 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2007, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

I would like to know what other states that pre-test their draws and puts those pre-tests results on their website..I want to do a little more  research on this...

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

bobby623's avatar - abstract
    San Angelo, Texas
    United States
    Member #1097
    January 31, 2003
    1405 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2007, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Add Texas

4 combinations for Pick 3, Texas Two Step and Cash5.

6 combinations for Lotto Texas.

Mega Millions folks don't have pretests. They have a formula they use to determine if the balls are being picked on a random basis.

The pretests are posted before the actual drawing, but not soon enough for anyone to use the data in any analysis they might be doing.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2007, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Just out of curiosity I used Google and got this from the Calif Lottery FAQs.  I am highlighting in red what really bothers me about the claim that pre-tests ensure randomness.  Are they saying that a HUMAN makes a decision on what he thinks looks kosher?  I mean, what if your numbers are 1-2-3-4-5-6 and he thinks "that's unbelievable" or the number 25 is drawn 5 consecutive times.  So what? Isn't that what random means, that is, anything can happen. 

From Wikipedia:  Random: "used to express lack of purpose, cause, order, or predictability..."

"An independent statistician reviews all results of pre-test draws and actual draws to further ensure ongoing randomness. The statistician and the Lottery's Internal Audits Office keep track of draw results to make sure no numbers come up more often than they should -- statistically speaking!"

Interesting that they use an automated draw machine for other games like pick-5.

kayee's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
        missouri
        United States
        Member #34763
        March 7, 2006
        756 Posts
        Posted: March 23, 2007, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

I got this off the Missouri lottery site.

In addition to the daily random-number pre-tests conducted by the draw manager and independent auditor, the Lottery’s security division also conducts monthly checks on the system to ensure randomness

Man, no wonder it's so hard to get anything in MO. They pretest every day and have monthly checks. I wonder how many numbers we lose to these pretest? Plus they use three different computers.

Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
          nashville
          United States
          Member #4990
          June 8, 2004
          1376 Posts
          Posted: March 23, 2007, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Tennessee  has 3 pretest draws for cash 3 and 3 for cash4 before each drawing, I have emailed asking how I can get the results, no answer as of yet. I will email again.

mississippi
            United States
            Member #34478
            March 3, 2006
            5906 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2007, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

yeah..I kinda figured as much..They dont want anyone to be able to accurately track numbers and get an advantage that will cost them some money..that is all bull crap..they are intentionally messing up the NATURAL ORDER of arrangement of the numbers so you cant get track anything with consistence...There is no telling how many times we all have had the right numbers selected only to have them show in the pretest and lose money because of them idiots..

Then they will tell you we have to check the machines to make sure they are working properly..for example Texas..THEY TEST THEIR lotto SIX TIMES....SIX TIMES..does it take six times to test anything..

I will still say it is to mess up the natural order of arrangement for the numbers so NOONE can accurately track them to gain a numerical advantage..to me..no matter what way you look at it..That is Cheating...they are manipulating the outcome for each and every draw on each and every game..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

kayee's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
              missouri
              United States
              Member #34763
              March 7, 2006
              756 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2007, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I also sent the MO lottery an email requesting a copy of pretest numbers. We'll see if they bother to respond.

mississippi
                United States
                Member #34478
                March 3, 2006
                5906 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2007, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

In addition to the daily random-number pre-tests conducted by the draw manager and independent auditor, the Lottery’s security division also conducts monthly checks on the system to ensure randomness

Kayee..you should call them and ask this guy where are the damn numbers at..lol

ZEN's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                  CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
                  United States
                  Member #40436
                  June 1, 2006
                  180 Posts
                  Posted: March 23, 2007, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

Hello LP Members,

Does anyone know about ILLINOIS??? Or how I can find out?? Also, will they give the info on how many ball sets they have?? (any past threads??)

thanks,

ZEN

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19903 Posts
                    Posted: March 23, 2007, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

I would think all state pretest, I can't imagine any state having a live drawing with no idea of how their equipment is working.  Whether they post them or not, all states pretest their drawing equipment.

Just last week Ohio couldn't complete a drawing on its TV show because a ball got stucked in the chute, I'm sure they had pretests to avoid such incidents happening during the live show.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

JADELottery's avatar - YingYangYong 01.PNG
                      The Quantum Master
                      West Concord, MN
                      United States
                      Member #21
                      December 7, 2001
                      3684 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2007, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

"An independent statistician reviews all results of pre-test draws and actual draws to further ensure ongoing randomness. The statistician and the Lottery's Internal Audits Office keep track of draw results to make sure no numbers come up more often than they should -- statistically speaking!"

Interesting, this part of the statement, "come up more often than they should", implies a level of predictability.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                      Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                      Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                      Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                      Wisdom is Not Censored
                      Douglas Paul Smallish
                      Jehocifer

mississippi
                        United States
                        Member #34478
                        March 3, 2006
                        5906 Posts
                        Posted: March 23, 2007, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

the idea that some people play the same numbers all the time that has never hit a straight bothers me also..to think that those numbers they have been playing a long time..AND THEY THINK that has never came out..actuallymay or may not have came out in a pre-test bothers me..I dont think that is Random anymore..that is Numerical Manipulation..in actuality there is no telling how long it takes to complete an actual sequence for digits and pairs because they have screwed up the natural process..even the entire set of 1000 combinations could have a much shorter time frame ..any body any ping pong machines around their house they could hook up to a leaf blower and do some testing..LOL

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: March 23, 2007, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

..AND THEY THINK that has never came out..actuallymay or may not have came out in a pre-test bothers me.

Moi aussi!!  Maybe my "strategy" has been really wrong.  For all I know, all 4 of my combinations have been drawn at one time or another! 

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: March 23, 2007, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

I've been talking about pre-tests and the tube shuffle for years now. What a bunch of greedy crooks they are.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/151081/775236?q=pretests

mississippi
                              United States
                              Member #34478
                              March 3, 2006
                              5906 Posts
                              Posted: March 23, 2007, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I've been talking about pre-tests and the tube shuffle for years now. What a bunch of greedy crooks they are.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/151081/775236?q=pretests

you are absolutely right Pacattack05...