Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 11:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I won 2,000,000.00 Euros

Topic closed. 104 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 4 of 7
PrintE-mailLink
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: March 27, 2007, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Is that better?  LOL  We love ya,pac!

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: March 27, 2007, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Is that better?  LOL  We love ya,pac!

ROFL

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #22395
      September 24, 2005
      1583 Posts
      Posted: March 27, 2007, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Last week was the "Nigerian scam" article on Dateline.  (I don't know, can you view last weeks online?) 

This week, tonite, is about ID theft.

Dateline 8pm.  NBC.

ps - Did I read you are going to use a "friend's" phone?  Huh?  You wouldn't be my friend for long after that!  LOL 

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
        PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2226 Posts
        Posted: March 27, 2007, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Ironically I just got another one today. What is even more frightening is that my friend actually believed this scam about a year ago, and he was actually getting plane tickets to fly to Africa to pick up his $10 million. All he had to do was send them a $2,000 processing fee first.  He was gullible enough that he almost did it, until I asked him why on earth would you have to pay $2,000 to get $10 million when it could be easily paid, or deducted out of the winnings.

Even more scary after I searched around and found out that they try to sucker you and get you to fly over there, and then take you hostage and demand ransom. Some have never came back. I found this on the net somewhere, will have to re-look it up. So e CAREFUL, if something seems to good to be true it definitely is. Especially as far as random emails.

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3475 Posts
          Posted: March 27, 2007, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Last week was the "Nigerian scam" article on Dateline.  (I don't know, can you view last weeks online?) 

This week, tonite, is about ID theft.

Dateline 8pm.  NBC.

ps - Did I read you are going to use a "friend's" phone?  Huh?  You wouldn't be my friend for long after that!  LOL 

I just watched dateline, and this thread was about the first thing I thought of. I only caught the end, but some poor schmuck was in a chat room and got suckered into thinking he'd met some beautiful woman who actually fell in love with him. He spent 30 to 40 grand of his own money to collect and reship merchandise that was bought with stolen credit cards by the people scamming him.

There are thousands of scams out there, and there's no telling what somebody has in mind for Pac,  but whatever the plan is it's a scam.If he isn't clever enough to figure it out, maybe he'll at least get to be on TV and be famous for 15 minutes.

MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #50273
            March 3, 2007
            348 Posts
            Posted: March 27, 2007, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

Don't you people read prior posts before responding?

I already said I have not and will not give my personal bank info to anyone. Secondly, If they ask me for any amount of money upfront as a one time fee or whatever, I won't send them any. I'm just waiting to see how far I can go on with this, until they do ask for info or money. Then I'll know it's a scam.

They can't just bill me for purchases made by someone else If they don't have my credit card number, or my checking account number.

Listen pacattack05, I wasn't trying to get on you in a negative way.  My bad if my delivery was a bit brash.  But what I am trying to tell you is they can use your personal information like your name, birthday, and address to "get the ball rolling" on finding out your other personal info. 

What I am trying to say is don't give them ANY info.  These scam artists are VERY resourceful and WILL find out your other info.  You don't need to give them your Bank Account information.  With your name, b-day and address, they can find out the rest through a backtrace.  Its called "Social Engineering."  They would get on the phone with some unsuspecting teller that would spill all the beans and acidentally give away ALL your personal info.

Trust me, just do a google search on Social Engineering. 

Here is a quote from wikipedia: (since we can't post links, just google social engineering and the wikipedia link will be first on the list)  "

Pretexting

Pretexting is the act of creating and using an invented scenario (the pretext) to persuade a target to release information or perform an action and is usually done over the telephone. It's more than a simple lie as it most often involves some prior research or set up and the use of pieces of known information (e.g., for impersonation: date of birth, Social Security Number, last bill amount) to establish legitimacy in the mind of the target.

This technique is often used to trick a business into disclosing customer information, and is used by private investigators to obtain telephone records, utility records, banking records and other information directly from junior company service representatives. The information can then be used to establish even greater legitimacy under tougher questioning with a manager (e.g., to make account changes, get specific balances, etc).

As most U.S. companies still authenticate a client by asking only for a Social Security Number, date of birth, or mother's maiden name — all of which are easily obtained from public records — the method is extremely effective and will likely continue to work well until a more stringent identification method is adopted.

Pretexting can also be used to impersonate co-workers, police, bank, tax authorities or insurance investigators — or any other individual who could have perceived authority or right-to-know in the mind of the target. The pretexter must simply prepare answers to questions that might be asked by the target. In some cases all that is needed is a voice of the right gender, an earnest tone and an ability to think on one's feet."

Do you see anything in there that you recognize?  Don't be so nonchalant about this.  You could end getting really screwed.  And like I said, I am not trying to be negative or harsh or anything like that, just trying to warn you is all. 

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2007, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

The problem with Pac is that he wants to win the lottery so bad that he is willing to believe anything at this point. He is the perfect type of prey for these scammers, they love these types. At least he was smart enough to ask about it here, there are never any stupid questions. You don't win millions through random emails, most are also generated by bots for phishing purposes only. Then you will start receiving more junk mail at the very least.

Oh yeah here is one I got today. I will be giving him all my personal information, and my checking account info immediately! Finally I will be able to start my own enterprise YAY!!

(cpui_hk03@yahoo.com.hk)

Dear Friend,

Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Cheung Pui director of
              operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have a obscured business
              suggestion for you.

I honestly apologize and hope I do not cause you much embarrassment by
              contacting you through this means for a transaction of this
              magnitude,but this is due to confidentiality and prompt access reposed on this
              medium,sorry my English is not very good.

Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Major Fadi Baseem who was
              with the Iraqi forces and also business man made a numbered fixed deposit
              for 18 calendar months, with a value of Twenty Four millions Five
              Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity
              several Notice was sent to him, even during the war early this year. Again
              after the war another notification was sent and still no response came
              from him. We later find out that the Major and his family had been
              killed during the war in bomb blast that hit their home.

After further investigation it was also discovered that Major Fadi
              Baseem did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including
              the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last
              time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in
              my bank. So, Twenty Four millions Five Hundred Thousand United State
              Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to
              claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the to the laws of my
              ountry at the expiration 3 years the funds will revert to the ownership
              of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.
              Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a
              foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Major Fadi Basem so that you will
              be able to receive his funds.

WHAT IS TO BE DONE:
              I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we
              shall come out successful. I have contacted an attorney that will
              prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to
              Major Fadi Baseem , all that is required from you at this stage is for
              you to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney
              can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the
              attorney will also fill in for claims on your behalf and secure the
              necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor for the move of the
              funds to an account that will be provided by you.
              There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going adopt a
              legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary
              documents.

Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in allmatters
              concerning this issue.Once the funds have beentransferred to your
              nominated bank account we shall share in the ratio of 70% for me, 30% for
              you . Should you be interested please send me your full names and current
              residential address and I will prefer you to reach me on the email
              address below
              (cpui_hk03@yahoo.com.hk)
              And finally after that i shall provide you with more details of this
              operation.
              Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards
              Mr. Cheung Pui"

I said only 30%??? You greedy #%#$%. 50% at least or no deal.

http://www.419eater.com/

Check out this site for ways to play with them, and become educated on the subject.

"So what is scambaiting? Well, put simply, you enter into a dialogue with scammers, simply to waste their time and resources. Whilst you are doing this, you will be helping to keep the scammers away from real potential victims and screwing around with the minds of deserving thieves."

"You cannot win a contest you haven't entered! Anyone who ever claims you have is certainly lying and probably trying to rob you. No matter how persuasive his pitch, just stick to that one fact. You haven't entered this contest, so you could not have won it.

Oh, and make it a habit to always copy the most prominent phrase in an e-mail such as this one, paste it into Google's search field, and add "scam" to the string. If it comes back with a bunch of hits for sites warning you of the danger, you have your answer." Robert (another forum) 

I also almost fell for the russian scam girl http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=russuan+detective&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

Until after a few emails I could tell that she(?) was not actually answering my questions, or engaging in normal chat, and her responses seemed "scripted," in which I found out there were—when I went to the forum and seen that hundreds of others were getting the same EXACT email, and all the same and some different Russian model pics being used. Something felt wrong, and I was skeptical from the start; and turns out my first instinct was right. Do you need anymore info?

If so, I am afraid you will need to find out the hard way. 

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: March 27, 2007, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Listen pacattack05, I wasn't trying to get on you in a negative way.  My bad if my delivery was a bit brash.  But what I am trying to tell you is they can use your personal information like your name, birthday, and address to "get the ball rolling" on finding out your other personal info. 

What I am trying to say is don't give them ANY info.  These scam artists are VERY resourceful and WILL find out your other info.  You don't need to give them your Bank Account information.  With your name, b-day and address, they can find out the rest through a backtrace.  Its called "Social Engineering."  They would get on the phone with some unsuspecting teller that would spill all the beans and acidentally give away ALL your personal info.

Trust me, just do a google search on Social Engineering. 

Here is a quote from wikipedia: (since we can't post links, just google social engineering and the wikipedia link will be first on the list)  "

Pretexting

Pretexting is the act of creating and using an invented scenario (the pretext) to persuade a target to release information or perform an action and is usually done over the telephone. It's more than a simple lie as it most often involves some prior research or set up and the use of pieces of known information (e.g., for impersonation: date of birth, Social Security Number, last bill amount) to establish legitimacy in the mind of the target.

This technique is often used to trick a business into disclosing customer information, and is used by private investigators to obtain telephone records, utility records, banking records and other information directly from junior company service representatives. The information can then be used to establish even greater legitimacy under tougher questioning with a manager (e.g., to make account changes, get specific balances, etc).

As most U.S. companies still authenticate a client by asking only for a Social Security Number, date of birth, or mother's maiden name — all of which are easily obtained from public records — the method is extremely effective and will likely continue to work well until a more stringent identification method is adopted.

Pretexting can also be used to impersonate co-workers, police, bank, tax authorities or insurance investigators — or any other individual who could have perceived authority or right-to-know in the mind of the target. The pretexter must simply prepare answers to questions that might be asked by the target. In some cases all that is needed is a voice of the right gender, an earnest tone and an ability to think on one's feet."

Do you see anything in there that you recognize?  Don't be so nonchalant about this.  You could end getting really screwed.  And like I said, I am not trying to be negative or harsh or anything like that, just trying to warn you is all. 

Thanx dude...I know you're only trying to help....

I'm 42 years old and I've seen a lot of scams before anyone knew what a computer was. Been there...

I've dealt with all kinds of craziness you could think of. Crazy friends growing up, Kooky outlooks on life, fanciful horizons, Friends trying to con you...That experience builds a foundation for a belief system.

Fortunately for me, Bank of America insures their customers, with fraud protection.

Ain't Scared!...LOL

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: March 27, 2007, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

The problem with Pac is that he wants to win the lottery so bad that he is willing to believe anything at this point. He is the perfect type of prey for these scammers, they love these types. At least he was smart enough to ask about it here, there are never any stupid questions. You don't win millions through random emails, most are also generated by bots for phishing purposes only. Then you will start receiving more junk mail at the very least.

Oh yeah here is one I got today. I will be giving him all my personal information, and my checking account info immediately! Finally I will be able to start my own enterprise YAY!!

(cpui_hk03@yahoo.com.hk)

Dear Friend,

Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr. Cheung Pui director of
                  operations of the Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have a obscured business
                  suggestion for you.

I honestly apologize and hope I do not cause you much embarrassment by
                  contacting you through this means for a transaction of this
                  magnitude,but this is due to confidentiality and prompt access reposed on this
                  medium,sorry my English is not very good.

Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Major Fadi Baseem who was
                  with the Iraqi forces and also business man made a numbered fixed deposit
                  for 18 calendar months, with a value of Twenty Four millions Five
                  Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity
                  several Notice was sent to him, even during the war early this year. Again
                  after the war another notification was sent and still no response came
                  from him. We later find out that the Major and his family had been
                  killed during the war in bomb blast that hit their home.

After further investigation it was also discovered that Major Fadi
                  Baseem did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including
                  the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last
                  time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in
                  my bank. So, Twenty Four millions Five Hundred Thousand United State
                  Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to
                  claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the to the laws of my
                  ountry at the expiration 3 years the funds will revert to the ownership
                  of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.
                  Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a
                  foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Major Fadi Basem so that you will
                  be able to receive his funds.

WHAT IS TO BE DONE:
                  I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we
                  shall come out successful. I have contacted an attorney that will
                  prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to
                  Major Fadi Baseem , all that is required from you at this stage is for
                  you to provide me with your Full Names and Address so that the attorney
                  can commence his job. After you have been made the next of kin, the
                  attorney will also fill in for claims on your behalf and secure the
                  necessary approval and letter of probate in your favor for the move of the
                  funds to an account that will be provided by you.
                  There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going adopt a
                  legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary
                  documents.

Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in allmatters
                  concerning this issue.Once the funds have beentransferred to your
                  nominated bank account we shall share in the ratio of 70% for me, 30% for
                  you . Should you be interested please send me your full names and current
                  residential address and I will prefer you to reach me on the email
                  address below
                  (cpui_hk03@yahoo.com.hk)
                  And finally after that i shall provide you with more details of this
                  operation.
                  Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards
                  Mr. Cheung Pui"

I said only 30%??? You greedy #%#$%. 50% at least or no deal.

http://www.419eater.com/

Check out this site for ways to play with them, and become educated on the subject.

"So what is scambaiting? Well, put simply, you enter into a dialogue with scammers, simply to waste their time and resources. Whilst you are doing this, you will be helping to keep the scammers away from real potential victims and screwing around with the minds of deserving thieves."

"You cannot win a contest you haven't entered! Anyone who ever claims you have is certainly lying and probably trying to rob you. No matter how persuasive his pitch, just stick to that one fact. You haven't entered this contest, so you could not have won it.

Oh, and make it a habit to always copy the most prominent phrase in an e-mail such as this one, paste it into Google's search field, and add "scam" to the string. If it comes back with a bunch of hits for sites warning you of the danger, you have your answer." Robert (another forum) 

I also almost fell for the russian scam girl http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=russuan+detective&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

Until after a few emails I could tell that she(?) was not actually answering my questions, or engaging in normal chat, and her responses seemed "scripted," in which I found out there were—when I went to the forum and seen that hundreds of others were getting the same EXACT email, and all the same and some different Russian model pics being used. Something felt wrong, and I was skeptical from the start; and turns out my first instinct was right. Do you need anymore info?

If so, I am afraid you will need to find out the hard way. 

Everyone thinks they're so smart.

Let me ask you a question.

What does 1+1=?

You should give it some thought before giving a hasty answer...LOL

PA
                    United States
                    Member #22983
                    October 6, 2005
                    2226 Posts
                    Posted: March 27, 2007, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

Looks like another REALLY lucky guy won the SAME exact amount as you, and had the SAME EXACT numbers!!! There is also about 50 others as well. You must be REALLY blessed!!!

http://the-world-in-focus.com/blog/?p=3193

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu9AMyQlGYeYAIBNXNyoA?p=EUROPEAN+SWEEPSTAKES+PROMOTION+scam&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&x=wrt

Any more questions?

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: March 27, 2007, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

Looks like another REALLY lucky guy won the SAME exact amount as you, and had the SAME EXACT numbers!!! There is also about 50 others as well. You must be REALLY blessed!!!

http://the-world-in-focus.com/blog/?p=3193

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu9AMyQlGYeYAIBNXNyoA?p=EUROPEAN+SWEEPSTAKES+PROMOTION+scam&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-501&x=wrt

Any more questions?

Cool...I found one too...

I would like to know whether EUROPEAN SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTION is a scam company?

Best Answer - Chosen By Voters

I received the same email a few months ago. As they ask you to pay money to get your winnings, it is most likely a scam. Remember, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. Never pay money to get money!! I also recently received another email from a UK promotion saying I'd won alot of money. I deleted it.

See...I told ya so....LOL

1 Votes  100%
                        PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: March 27, 2007, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't have as much to do with everyone being "smart," but simply having common sense. I am not saying you don't, but judging by your posts is another story. You honestly believe some pisspoor, misspelled, scripted, very unprofessional email is going to land $2 million in your lap? If so I also got a bridge to sell you. I am simply posting this for your protection. If you do fall for it, let us know how much you lost at least.

United States
                          Member #17555
                          June 22, 2005
                          5582 Posts
                          Posted: March 27, 2007, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Will someone even make an attempt to answering the question?

1+1=?

It's not what you want to hear...

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: March 27, 2007, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

It doesn't have as much to do with everyone being "smart," but simply having common sense. I am not saying you don't, but judging by your posts is another story. You honestly believe some pisspoor, misspelled, scripted, very unprofessional email is going to land $2 million in your lap? If so I also got a bridge to sell you. I am simply posting this for your protection. If you do fall for it, let us know how much you lost at least.

I'll let you know when I go over the $300.00 mark.

PA
                              United States
                              Member #22983
                              October 6, 2005
                              2226 Posts
                              Posted: March 27, 2007, 10:15 pm - IP Logged

You would be far better off to buy $300 in powerball tickets, then at least you have a minute chance at getting something back.