Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

After months of pounding numbers calcu.....

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 10 years ago by hobber.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2007, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Also...Think you can and know you can is not semantics.

If you think you can swim in the ocean from a sinking boat, and if you know you can swim, may be the difference between life and death.

No semantics there....

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2007, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

calculating, adding, subtracting , closing my eyes and picking,  I have come to the conclusion my system totally --------------BITES!!!!------------------Patriot

OK, so your system bites.  Now what?  Are you willing to give up the ghost and remove yourself to the bland world of QP"s?  Are you willing to let the lotto world go on its merry way while you watch TV?

I don't think so. 

Not knowing what kind of system you have been working on, I will be making several assumptions which, like my lotto numbers, will be totally wrong.  So feel free to correct me.

I belive you have been seduced by the lotto math predator.  Your system is one of +/- 2, then tweak, then +/- 3, and tweak again.

So here is my suggestion (which, like my number picks will probably suck).

First, find a dark room; turn off the radio/tv/spouse.  Ask yourself this question: "What do I wish my system to give me?"  If you answer "Five winning numbers" then find a darker room. 

My answer to this question was "I want a unique value (or values) assigned to each and every set of numbers".

Your answer may vary.  Also, VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.  You must be of legal age to think.  ID may be required.

Once you know where you want to go, getting there is all the fun.  Once there, you will want to turn around and do the trip again.

So back up and try again.  You might do it right this time.

United States
      Member #10438
      January 13, 2005
      431 Posts
      Posted: April 18, 2007, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

heck  I'm just gonna try something else is all  ok so I've been close and been far from winning  ----------------------------------- never give up  is my motto  tryed somthing new last night and had 3 of 5 which was new  so i'll stick with what im doin  newWink

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
        Member #51269
        April 3, 2007
        529 Posts
        Posted: April 19, 2007, 5:22 am - IP Logged

RJOh: 

"There are lots of lottery games with overall odds of winning a prize of 1:10, so if you're willing to buy 30 chances each time, you will probably win at least one prize($1 or a free ticket) every time.  Ohio Rolling Cash5 and West Virgina Cash25 are just two of such games."

I don't live in Ohio or West Virginia.  Here, in NY, playing 30 dollars on a QP will almost gaurantee a total loss.  I know.  I've tried.

"Also...Think you can and know you can is not semantics.

If you think you can swim in the ocean from a sinking boat, and if you know you can swim, may be the difference between life and death.

No semantics there...."

That is completely false.  Why would someone jump in the water, if they couldn't swim?  If you think you can swim, obviously you must have some experience with swimming or you wouldn't say you think you can swim.  It's semantics.  The only life and death issue would be your ability to swim far.

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: April 19, 2007, 9:44 am - IP Logged

RJOh: 

"There are lots of lottery games with overall odds of winning a prize of 1:10, so if you're willing to buy 30 chances each time, you will probably win at least one prize($1 or a free ticket) every time.  Ohio Rolling Cash5 and West Virgina Cash25 are just two of such games."

I don't live in Ohio or West Virginia.  Here, in NY, playing 30 dollars on a QP will almost gaurantee a total loss.  I know.  I've tried.

No semantics there...."

That is completely false.  Why would someone jump in the water, if they couldn't swim?  If you think you can swim, obviously you must have some experience with swimming or you wouldn't say you think you can swim.  It's semantics.  The only life and death issue would be your ability to swim far.

If I was in a boat with a friend and the boat was sinking, and I asked him if he knew how to swim, and he said.." I know I can", because he was too embarrased to say he couldn't, could cost him his life.

On the other hand, If he was honest and told me he couldn't, then I could maybe help him tread water long enough until help arrived.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19894 Posts
            Posted: April 19, 2007, 11:16 am - IP Logged

RJOh: 

No semantics there...."

New York's "TAKE FIVE" have similars odds as other states pick5 games.

Prize
            Level
            Winning Numbers
            Matched Per Game
            Chances of Winning
            on $1 Game
            Expected Prize
            Amount

5 of 5

4 of 5 + Extra

1:575,757

1:115,151

JACKPOT

$5,182.00

34 of 51:3,489$523.00

3 of 5 + Extra

3 of 5

1:1,745

1:109

$122.00

$27

2 of 5 + Extra

2 of 5

1 of 5 + Extra

1:109

1:11

1:21

$7

Quick Pick Free Play

Quick Pick Free Play

Overall Odds are 1 in 6.2 (w/ Extra Bonus Ball)

* All of the cash prizes shown are estimates based on the odds or chances of winning. Prizes are paid on a pari-mutuel basis; they could be higher or lower than shown here.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
              Florida
              United States
              Member #46570
              September 14, 2006
              558 Posts
              Posted: April 19, 2007, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

When a system goes 'cold' like mine did a while back (mine plunged into the frigid depths of hell!) ..so what did I do ?? I tweaked and tweaked..then when that didnt work, I re-invented a new system... never giving up. I like to play the 3 and 4 games and play the lotto and Fantasy 5 once in a while or if the lotto jackpot climbs a bit. Never give up ... Dont play more ...play smarter!

Omniscient

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                San Angelo, Texas
                United States
                Member #1097
                January 31, 2003
                1405 Posts
                Posted: April 19, 2007, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I think these posts underline two facts:

1. Number selection in any lottery is random. The machine doesn't know what the odds are or care that #1 has come up 150 times, compared to 45 times for #5. The little balls are agitated by a paddle in a drum. They all seek to escape, a condition that occurs a fixed number of times. The ball closest to the air shute or drop path wins.

There is no code. It's the way it works, and it has been working very well for many years. It might be different with computer draws, I don't know.

2. In lieu of quick picks, folks who play regularly have to develop a substitute system based on something other than number frequencies and odds. Such a system should be designed to look at winning combinations one section at a time, identify certain patterns and then play whole combinations that have not come up in past drawings.

I play the Texas Cash 5 game 6 days a week. I have a set of 10 combinations that I play. I usually have a $2 winner every drawing. Sometimes I have a $9 to $12 winner. I've had several 4/5 winners that returned up to $485. No 5/5 winners yet, but, maybe one day soon. It's a lousy pick 5 game, but all we have.

Overall, I'm behind - just like everybody else.

I've never tried to figure the odds of this and that happening. It's a waste of time. I either have 2/5, 3/5 4/5 or 5/5 or I don't. Case closed

My substitute system is called alphanumeric substitution. I covert all number combinations to alphabetical sequences. In Texas Cash 5, AAB, ABB, ABC, and AAA come up more frequently in positions 1.2.3 than any other partial sequence. CCD, DDD, BCD, CDD are the most popular in positions 3,4 and 5.

Four of the alphabetical sequences I'm playing are ABBCD, AABDD, BBCDD, AAABC.

I keep a record  of pairs and triples, according to sequence and position.I refer to this data to select numbers. For example, I look at ABB and pick a triple that hasn't come up yet. In this case, its 8.11.14. I then refer to charts for BCD in positions 3.4.5.  I picked one that began with 14.

The result is that I'm playing ABBCD 8.11.14.22.31. I've checked this against the winning combinations list and it is not a 4/4 or 5/5 repeat.

I intend to keep playing this combination until I get a 3/5 or 4/5 win. I won't change the alphabetical sequences until my data shows that another sequence has risen to the top 10 field.

I could get all numbers in playing 8 sets (5x8=40) for a 5/37 game, but playing 10 is not excessive, for me.

Hope I contributed something useful.

United States
                  Member #17555
                  June 22, 2005
                  5582 Posts
                  Posted: April 19, 2007, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Everything in life has a code to it. You can call it code, you can call it method, or anything that has a sequence of events which were dictated by their surroundings, whether it's the elements, or man made intervention.

When a scientist invents something, he or she has broken the code, that elusive code. When Thomas Edison invented the bulb, it took him about 10,000 experiments before he finally broke the code, which was a correct combination of materials, power, vacuum, etc....

"I think of a problem 999 times and have no answer. On the 1000th time I have one".

Einstein,

When you glance at a rose, you'll see the Fibonacci scale at work. A pattern has formed right out of chaos...wow...what a concept.

Everything you do from going to the bathroom, to going into space can be translated into mathematics. If you can solve the mathematical problems, you can crack the code to pretty much what ails you.

An Example of a simple code that humans have broken and continue to break on a daily basis:

Breathing for one....In order to break the code for breathing, you first have to have a lung. Then you have to have the right host for that lung. Then a brain that will organize the lung's influence and harmony with the other organs in the body. You have to have air. We obviously didn't have to figure out how to get those organs and air and the such, but it shows that chaos produced those organized things. Given enough time, just about anything can form into something recognizable. You've got to remember...15 billion years is a very very very very long time.

An example of a complex code to break would be to know ahead of time what balls would show. For this,,,we have no outside force endowing us with some of the parts. We have to know the barometric pressures of the inside of the tubes, the electical connection between any given balls at any time, the amount of moisture, the pressure of the suction valve.....etc...I could go on for about an hour...Once you have all that information at your disposal, on a continual basis during the drawing, constantly evaluating the possible outcome based on your info, then you are probably GOD...LOL

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: April 19, 2007, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

I forgot to mention one thing which is a little off base but incredible.

I forget the author of this quote, and can't remember it verbatim, but it goes something like this, I'm paraphrasing...

"Humans are the eyes of the universe. It's like the universe had to create something animated and cognizant of it's surroundings in order to actually look back in on itself..."

Funny....When I look into the mirror, I can almost grasp the statement above..

United States
                      Member #20470
                      August 18, 2005
                      221 Posts
                      Posted: April 19, 2007, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

well, try this for pick 3and 4,                      week1-----to---week---------------------4

most frequently drawn                           

9 ------8---  --0------6-------5--------3     

0

6

8

2

7

1                                   7 this is the

least frequently drawn number                                 ,least drawn

so you play 7,  with 1 or 2 numbers from the last draw,Dance

Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
                        rainbow lake
                        Canada
                        Member #25177
                        November 2, 2005
                        10764 Posts
                        Posted: April 21, 2007, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Perfect you have a system that bites!

Now reverse engineer it!

Never Surrender.

Secret to $uccess=Law of Attraction

Texas
                          United States
                          Member #1477
                          May 7, 2003
                          2311 Posts
                          Posted: April 21, 2007, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

The big question is.....Can the EXACT be predicted? 

Actually there is a way to generate the EXACT combination.  Of course, there might be as many as 10-20 other combinations  before filters are used but there is a way. 

I've got the software that can do it written for my system of tracking but for the life of me I havent been able to come up with a way to determine the right "code" to enter into the software to produce the combination :(

Hopefully one of these days I will have a "Eureka" moment and figure it out lol

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                            Harbinger
                            D.C./MD.
                            United States
                            Member #44103
                            July 30, 2006
                            5587 Posts
                            Posted: April 21, 2007, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

How do you explain this?  DC Daily6 computer drawn pick 6/39.  See any patterns?

Sat, Apr 21, 200701-03-07-10-34-35, Bonus: 27
                            Fri, Apr 20, 200701-10-26-34-35-39, Bonus: 09
                            Thu, Apr 19, 200701-03-07-10-27-29, Bonus: 38

LOL jarasan

Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1477
                              May 7, 2003
                              2311 Posts
                              Posted: April 21, 2007, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

How do you explain this?  DC Daily6 computer drawn pick 6/39.  See any patterns?

Sat, Apr 21, 200701-03-07-10-34-35, Bonus: 27
                              Fri, Apr 20, 200701-10-26-34-35-39, Bonus: 09
                              Thu, Apr 19, 200701-03-07-10-27-29, Bonus: 38

LOL jarasan

When the Lottery started in Texas we first had the 6 number game.....6 out of 50 digits.  I tracked the numbers in that and soon saw some things that happened.

I divided the digits into Singles, Teens, Twenties, Thirties Forties...with 1 through 10-, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40 and 41-50.  What I soon found out was that MOST of the time only 4 of the 5 denominations appeared in a game.

If you can eliminate 1 denomation you take out 10 digits.  Another thing I found was that most of the time the digits would lean one way or the other....meaning either 4 Even/2 Odd....or 2 Even/4 Odd.

Also if you divided the numbers up in rows of 5 digits each you would get 5 columns.  Column one had digits ending in 1 and 6, Column 2....2 and 7, Column 3....3 & 8, Column 4 & 9 and Column 5.....5 & O.  Most of the time only 4 columns were used so you could eliminate digits ending in a particular set in addition to 1 denomination.

Finally....there were 10 rows and only 6 numbers drawn.  You could eliminate at least 4 of the rows if you could figure out which rows would have numbers on them that wouldnt play.

And...finally the last thing.....I found after keeping records for sometime that most of the time only 5 of the rows were used!

By a process of elimination you could take the 50 numbers and reduce them to a pool of 20 numbers to consider.