Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you found $30 bucks on the ground, what would you do?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

If you found $30 bucks on the ground, what would you do?

Give me $30 QP's of the MM or PB please!!! [ 12 ]  [16.44%]
Give me $30 worth of scratch offs please!!! [ 3 ]  [4.11%]
I'd spend it over the next few drawings. [ 21 ]  [28.77%]
I'd spend it on other things besides the lottery. [ 22 ]  [30.14%]
I can't decide. [ 4 ]  [5.48%]
Other, see my reply. [ 11 ]  [15.07%]
Total Valid Votes [ 73 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
New Jersey
United States
Member #50273
March 3, 2007
348 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2007, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Lets say you are walking down a busy street in busy city.  Suddenly, you see a $20 spot laying on the ground in your peripheral vision and no one is trying to beat you to the punch.  So you lean over and pick it and to your delight, there is a $10 spot underneath it too, so you have $30 bucks.  You look up and see a big poster that says, "Did you give your dreams a chance today?"

So what do you do?  Do you just pocket the dough and use it on things other than the lottery?  Do you go right into the store and order $30 QP's of the highest JP game?  Do you buy $30 bucks worth of scratch offs since they were "free?"  Do you pocket it and spend it evenly over the next few drawings?

What would you guys do?

Me, just under these circumstances, i'd buy the 30 QP's since the first thing I see when I look up is a green machine and it was "free" money.  I'd take that as a good omen.

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2007, 2:54 am - IP Logged

If I found $30 on the street, I would probably look around for the person who dropped it.  However, I did once find money and, knowing it didn't belong to me, I donated it.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2007, 2:59 am - IP Logged

If I found $30 on the street, I would probably look around for the person who dropped it.  However, I did once find money and, knowing it didn't belong to me, I donated it.

I'm not touching that one, it's too easy.....

I'd listen to all the pundits that said 'if you would have bought X shares of YYY 40 years ago, you would be a millionaire'.   So I'd buy stock in some company somewhere.... after I spent $8 at In-N-Out Burger or Carl's Jr.  

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5145 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2007, 3:06 am - IP Logged

PSYKOMO>>>>>>>>>>>>VOTED.......................OTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kause, I would just stuff it in justxploring's.........POCKETBOOK!!!!Big Grin Santa

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5145 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2007, 3:22 am - IP Logged

kause, I would just stuff it in justxploring's.........POCKETBOOK!!!!Big Grin Santa

THAT's...........JUST what LOTTERY POST need$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$more...VOTE

for................................................the00

"UTTER"00^^!!

I Agree!Ponder.................................................^^!

2007........JackPoT

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2007, 3:40 am - IP Logged

I'm not touching that one, it's too easy.....

I'd listen to all the pundits that said 'if you would have bought X shares of YYY 40 years ago, you would be a millionaire'.   So I'd buy stock in some company somewhere.... after I spent $8 at In-N-Out Burger or Carl's Jr.  

Guesser writes:  "I'm not touching that one, it's too easy....."

Excuse me??? 

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: April 22, 2007, 4:17 am - IP Logged

Green laughSometimes you really crack me up.....LOL

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: April 22, 2007, 5:54 am - IP Logged

Guesser writes:  "I'm not touching that one, it's too easy....."

Excuse me??? 

LOL

(don't worry, it's nothing BAD) 

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: April 22, 2007, 7:23 am - IP Logged

If I didn't have a clue to who it belonged to,  I would put it in my pocket..

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: April 22, 2007, 7:40 am - IP Logged

Years ago when I lived in New York, I was coming home from work and felt kind of hungry. I never eat after work, but have a few beers to calm my nerves after a long day at work.

As I came down from the train station steps, I saw my favorites pizzeria and really had a craving for a slice. Even though I don't eat after work, I was unusually hungry. I decided to walk in and get a slice. The place only has 6 tables and they were all full of people.

I was so surprised that no one saw a c-note folded in half right there in front of the counter floor, maybe a foot away from the counter wall. No one was standing at the counter, and I immediately took out a dollar bill and dropped it on the floor, right next to the c note. I grabbed both and ran out the store and all the way home.

It was so strange to find it because I was pretty much broke at that time, and usually wouldn't go there after work. Some thing drew me to that place.

I didn't get paid but twice a month, and it was close to the end of the two week pay period.

I ran into the house and told my roomates...."It's party time"...LOL

About 2 years ago I dropped off 4 people at the airport. When I got back in the van, I saw a small zipped denim pouch on the floor, maybe about 4 inches long. I opened it and I saw a wad of 20 dollar bills. I counted 400 bucks. Thinking it belonged to the passengers I just dropped off, I circled back around hoping to catch them.

The mistake I made was to call it in to the boss as I was circling around. When I caught up with the people, they said that it wasn't their's. When I told my boss, he said to bring it to him. We both looked inside to see if any I.D. was there but there was none. My boss said that he would turn it in to the local authorities and that if no one claimed it after 3 months, he would split it with me. No one claimed it, and he never gave the half. He just kept coming up with excuses.

It turns out about 3 weeks prior, another driver in the same van reproted that a lady had been missing a pouch. Since we didn't have any info, the money couldn't be sent to her.

From that moment, I said to myself that if I find anything in that van, I will look for the owner, and if all avenues are used , and I can't find them, then it's mine. Hell with the boss. If he can't keep his word, about splitting the money, I won't be honest with him.

He thinks he had gotten away with 400 bucks, but what he didn't realize was that he basically screwed himself out of everything that materialed in that van from that moment on.

By the way, he was the biggest a-hole in the airport, and that's why I left. He looked exactly like shrek, except that he wasn't green...LOL

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: April 22, 2007, 7:48 am - IP Logged

Years ago when I lived in New York, I was coming home from work and felt kind of hungry. I never eat after work, but have a few beers to calm my nerves after a long day at work.

As I came down from the train station steps, I saw my favorites pizzeria and really had a craving for a slice. Even though I don't eat after work, I was unusually hungry. I decided to walk in and get a slice. The place only has 6 tables and they were all full of people.

I was so surprised that no one saw a c-note folded in half right there in front of the counter floor, maybe a foot away from the counter wall. No one was standing at the counter, and I immediately took out a dollar bill and dropped it on the floor, right next to the c note. I grabbed both and ran out the store and all the way home.

It was so strange to find it because I was pretty much broke at that time, and usually wouldn't go there after work. Some thing drew me to that place.

I didn't get paid but twice a month, and it was close to the end of the two week pay period.

I ran into the house and told my roomates...."It's party time"...LOL

About 2 years ago I dropped off 4 people at the airport. When I got back in the van, I saw a small zipped denim pouch on the floor, maybe about 4 inches long. I opened it and I saw a wad of 20 dollar bills. I counted 400 bucks. Thinking it belonged to the passengers I just dropped off, I circled back around hoping to catch them.

The mistake I made was to call it in to the boss as I was circling around. When I caught up with the people, they said that it wasn't their's. When I told my boss, he said to bring it to him. We both looked inside to see if any I.D. was there but there was none. My boss said that he would turn it in to the local authorities and that if no one claimed it after 3 months, he would split it with me. No one claimed it, and he never gave the half. He just kept coming up with excuses.

It turns out about 3 weeks prior, another driver in the same van reproted that a lady had been missing a pouch. Since we didn't have any info, the money couldn't be sent to her.

From that moment, I said to myself that if I find anything in that van, I will look for the owner, and if all avenues are used , and I can't find them, then it's mine. Hell with the boss. If he can't keep his word, about splitting the money, I won't be honest with him.

He thinks he had gotten away with 400 bucks, but what he didn't realize was that he basically screwed himself out of everything that materialed in that van from that moment on.

By the way, he was the biggest a-hole in the airport, and that's why I left. He looked exactly like shrek, except that he wasn't green...LOL

was it this guy?

Litebets27's avatar - power
                        Maryland
                        United States
                        Member #10465
                        January 14, 2005
                        6065 Posts
                        Posted: April 22, 2007, 8:29 am - IP Logged

I was about to get some money from the ATM thats in the Hospital were I work. I happened to look down on the floor in front of the machine and there laid $20.00.

I had noticed as I was approaching the ATM, a Resident and several Interns walking away from the machine, so I called out to them. " Hey, did anyone of you drop some money?" They looked at me as if I were crazy and looked at each other.

I said "never mind", put the money in my pocket and went back to work.

I was able to eat lunch free that day and buy some lottery tickets after work. I would do the same if I were to find thirty dollars.

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: April 22, 2007, 11:07 am - IP Logged

LOL

(don't worry, it's nothing BAD) 

Poke         Dunk        Chair         

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                            nashville
                            United States
                            Member #49896
                            February 18, 2007
                            1181 Posts
                            Posted: April 22, 2007, 11:13 am - IP Logged

i voted for give me the $30 of quick picks but only if i was out in the open and no one was around who could have dropped it or if it was  in a store i would turn it into the store in case the person came back but if it was out in the open i would turn it into quick picks...

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #1340
                              April 6, 2003
                              2450 Posts
                              Posted: April 22, 2007, 11:15 am - IP Logged

no owner in sight... considering I play just one ticket per draw with powerplay, I'm getting a free ride for the next 15 PB draws :-)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.