Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:12 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you found $30 bucks on the ground, what would you do?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

If you found $30 bucks on the ground, what would you do?

Give me $30 QP's of the MM or PB please!!! [ 12 ]  [16.44%]
Give me $30 worth of scratch offs please!!! [ 3 ]  [4.11%]
I'd spend it over the next few drawings. [ 21 ]  [28.77%]
I'd spend it on other things besides the lottery. [ 22 ]  [30.14%]
I can't decide. [ 4 ]  [5.48%]
Other, see my reply. [ 11 ]  [15.07%]
Total Valid Votes [ 73 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  

United States
Member #10720
January 23, 2005
933 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2007, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

I'd first try to determine who may have dropped it, if there is no way to do that I'd put it aside for emergencies, otherwise I'd return it to the person. I don't like QuickPicks anyway.

United States
    Member #41656
    June 20, 2006
    24 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2007, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

.WOw...............Back in the winter of "04" I had gotten off of work early and took a whole different route home due to the snow storm we had endured.....I had  gotten off of the #5 bus to transfer to the #27, so that I didn't have to do too much slushing  through  the snow, and plus the #27 would let me off closer to home....the main gas station at  the intersection of all this, had been closed down and fenced up due to  renovation......I glanced down through the fence into the 6+ inch snow and said to myself "oh, I see a dollar", I stuck my finger through the fence and picked up the money, when I looked closer, it was a $100 dollar bill!!!! I was SHOCKED !!! I turned around and this woman was slushing through the snow in my exact path, I was so excited I told her "I felt like I hit the Number" finding a Hundred dollar bill. She looked down but kept slushing on by..... .....I just happened to look down again and low and behold there sat another $20 dollar bill in the snow as well....It  was absolutely a blessed moment.....finding $120 in two swoops.......'til this day, I really try to play my MM, Lotto, and Take 5 outta that gas station every drawing.....I believe HUGE Blessings are awaiting me at that location in the very near future!!!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2007, 5:14 am - IP Logged

Poke         Dunk        Chair         

LOL

Back atcha.....

I'm trying to imagine what I would say if someone asked me if I dropped $20......

'well..... sure...... hand it over......' 

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: April 23, 2007, 6:54 am - IP Logged

My husband was cleaning around the lot yesterday.  He mowed the ditches.. picked up trash.  When he was getting ready to leave, he noticed that the wind had blown some trash from across the street to the sides of the dishes.  He went to pick it up and found a twenty.

Across the street is a school parking lot, of course no one was parked there since it was Saturday.

He considered himself lucky.

Why were there dishes in the ditches? 

Too bad there wasn't a litter of 20 dollar bills in that trash.....LOL

It's good that no one saw him pick up that 20, however, if someone did catch him, he could easily ditch it...LOL

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: April 23, 2007, 7:41 am - IP Logged

Why were there dishes in the ditches? 

Too bad there wasn't a litter of 20 dollar bills in that trash.....LOL

It's good that no one saw him pick up that 20, however, if someone did catch him, he could easily ditch it...LOL

LOL..  cute

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: April 23, 2007, 9:42 am - IP Logged

There's a retirement community about 20 miles from where I live in Bonita Springs called Shell Pointe, and in other sections there is general housing, apartments and the such.

About 9 or so years ago, 3 or 4 huge black garbage bags were found just inside the entrance by the wayside of the road. I forget, but it was either a man, or the cleaning crew who found the bags and looked inside. What they found was a large amount of cash in them. I think it was about 5 million. I believe it was bank robbery or something that went bad.

The person or persons only received something like a couple a hundred bucks reward, if I remember correctly. It could be a little more but not sure. 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5143 Posts
              Posted: April 24, 2007, 12:58 am - IP Logged

There's a retirement community about 20 miles from where I live in Bonita Springs called Shell Pointe, and in other sections there is general housing, apartments and the such.

About 9 or so years ago, 3 or 4 huge black garbage bags were found just inside the entrance by the wayside of the road. I forget, but it was either a man, or the cleaning crew who found the bags and looked inside. What they found was a large amount of cash in them. I think it was about 5 million. I believe it was bank robbery or something that went bad.

The person or persons only received something like a couple a hundred bucks reward, if I remember correctly. It could be a little more but not sure. 

Thinking of...ThudLurkingLurkingSulk Off

that's........................just about like<<<<<<<MEGA MILLION U-hear 

LOL$$.......................pacahack05....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                A long and winding road
                United States
                Member #17084
                June 10, 2005
                4579 Posts
                Posted: April 24, 2007, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

When I was at one of my lowest financially (no job, no income) trying to raise two sons as a single parent ,I had taken a bus to our local state office to apply for assistance. As we got off the bus and trenched thru the snow to our appointment, there on the ice was a twenty dollar bill. This created a dilema, do I pick it up and pocket it? and let my kids think ill of my morals, or do I pocket it with the wishfull dream of having a warm meal that evening,or do I search for the owner of it. Instead I bent over, looked a little ahead and saw a lady rootin thru her purse. I approach her and asked if she happen to have lost the twenty dollar bill? She quickly responds, Why yes I did!! So feeling proud, I had her the money. KNowing full well we'd be without a decent meal that night. As the years progressed I look back on that time, swelled with pride that I did the right thing, knowing I taught my kids a decent lesson. THen I re-think the reality thru, realizing that I kept my kids from a meal and didnt pocket the money to help us thru til the funds could come in. Its not something to be proud of, to give up money so direly needed, but that lady taught me that dishonest people do exist and it wasnt from the one handing her the money on the ground. I am less inclined to eagerly play good samaritan after that fiasco and I doubt I'd be so nieve in handing it off without asking the right question first.  Live and Learn I suppose.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

pa:888,4445,6132,4444,8008

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                  Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #48725
                  January 7, 2007
                  1958 Posts
                  Posted: April 24, 2007, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

When I was at one of my lowest financially (no job, no income) trying to raise two sons as a single parent ,I had taken a bus to our local state office to apply for assistance. As we got off the bus and trenched thru the snow to our appointment, there on the ice was a twenty dollar bill. This created a dilema, do I pick it up and pocket it? and let my kids think ill of my morals, or do I pocket it with the wishfull dream of having a warm meal that evening,or do I search for the owner of it. Instead I bent over, looked a little ahead and saw a lady rootin thru her purse. I approach her and asked if she happen to have lost the twenty dollar bill? She quickly responds, Why yes I did!! So feeling proud, I had her the money. KNowing full well we'd be without a decent meal that night. As the years progressed I look back on that time, swelled with pride that I did the right thing, knowing I taught my kids a decent lesson. THen I re-think the reality thru, realizing that I kept my kids from a meal and didnt pocket the money to help us thru til the funds could come in. Its not something to be proud of, to give up money so direly needed, but that lady taught me that dishonest people do exist and it wasnt from the one handing her the money on the ground. I am less inclined to eagerly play good samaritan after that fiasco and I doubt I'd be so nieve in handing it off without asking the right question first.  Live and Learn I suppose.

I don't think I would have done that. We're talking about money. If I were to conduct an experiment by walking around with a $20 bill and asking people if they lost $20, at least half of them would probably lie and say yes. If I were to then change from a $20 bill to a $100 bill and ask people if they lost $100, even more people would say it was theirs. When it comes to me, if there's no ID, then I'm going to keep it.

Gonna win.Big Smile

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                    Member #4877
                    May 30, 2004
                    5143 Posts
                    Posted: May 1, 2007, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

If I found $30 on the street, I would probably look around for the person who dropped it.  However, I did once find money and, knowing it didn't belong to me, I donated it.

monet comes & goe's.............FAST:

Last year................................in CHICAGO.......after walkin'g out of

the ball park...........................saw a $50 dollar bill on the sidewalk

Reached down to pick it-UP....& it moved on ahead of me.............

Repeated >>>>>>>>>>>>>>AGAIN & AGAIN & this MONEY GOT

faster & faster>>>>>>>>>>>when I tried to pick-it UP>>>>>>>

RUNN'g to get my HAND's on this money<<<<<<<<<<did not HEP

ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp<<<<<<<<<<<PSYKOMO!!

(if u-do-not) believe this STORY & U ALL know PSYKO is CRAZY!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Drop a $50 bill on the........

sidewalk & try to CHASE>>>>>>>>.....................DOWN!!!!!!!!

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: May 1, 2007, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

monet comes & goe's.............FAST:

Last year................................in CHICAGO.......after walkin'g out of

the ball park...........................saw a $50 dollar bill on the sidewalk

Reached down to pick it-UP....& it moved on ahead of me.............

Repeated >>>>>>>>>>>>>>AGAIN & AGAIN & this MONEY GOT

faster & faster>>>>>>>>>>>when I tried to pick-it UP>>>>>>>

RUNN'g to get my HAND's on this money<<<<<<<<<<did not HEP

ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp<<<<<<<<<<<PSYKOMO!!

(if u-do-not) believe this STORY & U ALL know PSYKO is CRAZY!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Drop a $50 bill on the........

sidewalk & try to CHASE>>>>>>>>.....................DOWN!!!!!!!!

You must have taken that 50 dollar bill for Grant(ed)...LOL