Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you found $30 bucks on the ground, what would you do?

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

If you found $30 bucks on the ground, what would you do?

Give me $30 QP's of the MM or PB please!!! [ 12 ]  [16.44%]
Give me $30 worth of scratch offs please!!! [ 3 ]  [4.11%]
I'd spend it over the next few drawings. [ 21 ]  [28.77%]
I'd spend it on other things besides the lottery. [ 22 ]  [30.14%]
I can't decide. [ 4 ]  [5.48%]
Other, see my reply. [ 11 ]  [15.07%]
Total Valid Votes [ 73 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
Nova Scotia
Canada
Member #9934
December 27, 2004
884 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2007, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

A few days ago I found $ 5 when I was out for a walk. Last year I found $20 on the ground. Fortunate I was!Hurray!

SirMetro's avatar - center
    East of Atlanta
    United States
    Member #6191
    August 11, 2004
    1389 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2007, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

I have, on several occasions seen people drop money and not realize it. If close enough, I call out to them or I grab it before someone else can and chase them down. Once watch a guy deposit his (assumed) paycheck and take a few dollars out of the Teller. Then as he turned to get in his truck, every bill fell to the ground. I was able to get his attention before the wind blew it off.

But, once, Family and I was at a Long Horns and as we was getting ready to go, I had dropped my napkin. When I went to pick it up, I found a twenty dollar bill under the table. The waitress that night got an extra tip.

All said and done, I do try to return found money to the rightfull owner. And when I can't, I try to either do something good with it or share it. And if that fails, a few lottery tickets ain't a bad thing, at least I don't think it is.

Sir Metro

United States
      Member #34266
      March 1, 2006
      188 Posts
      Posted: April 22, 2007, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

I would give it to the first homeless person I see.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #48725
        January 7, 2007
        1953 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2007, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

Honestly, I would go buy lottery tickets. Unless I see the person drop the money or it's someone's wallet WITH ID in it, it's finders keepers.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2007, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

was it this guy?

Actually, he looks like this:

shrek

buddyven's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
            Bogota
            Colombia
            Member #24706
            October 26, 2005
            1434 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2007, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

At December 1998 my family and I were tripping from Miami to Daytona at night time then we stopped at a big gas station that it is between two roads (sorry don´t know how you call'em) this place have some groceries and food of all kind to buy and eat, later when we were talking after eating i told them that i have to go outside for a cigarrette so when I just step out of the main door i found $30 lying in front of me so I looked all around if someone was looking at me, but there was nobody, then i just put them near by my pocket but waiting if someone else would be asking for it, after i finish my cigarette I took them in my pocket and got it back where my parents and my brother and sister were, and told them that i found $20 and $10 respectively, my god my father says that Ì'm so really lucky finding money dropped on the floor since i was 8 years old, but the real thing is that before smoking the cigarette i was tring to withdraw some money from my Venezuela's Visa Credit card at the ATM but I couldn't, may be that was a very lucky day.

IF YOU WON'T BET YOU WON'T LOOSE OR WIN

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
              Gurnee, Illinois
              United States
              Member #49731
              February 12, 2007
              917 Posts
              Posted: April 22, 2007, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Money lying on the ground is the same as an unsigned lottery ticket...it's a bearers instrument.  Since I didn't see anyone drop it and there isn't any ID lying next to it, I would consider that MY found money.  So God bless those who said they would give all of it to charity (I would tithe 10% only) or to some homeless dude/family, but I would as I said tithe a portion and take the remainder and buy some lottery tickets over the course of the week.  And yes, those tickets I would buy would be QP's because by chance I found that money and by chance those QP numbers might just roll for me!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: April 22, 2007, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

buddy,

You were 8 years old and smoking a cigarette outside of a gas station and you also had your own Visa card? 

Never mind - your profile says you were born in Sept 1965 so you were 32 or 33.  I realize writing in a foreign language is difficult so maybe there is some kind of misunderstanding..not picking on you..just a little confusing.

BTW, I admire bambini and others who said they'd give the money away, but I was only telling a story that actually happened to me.  I have no idea what I would do if I found money today on the way to the store tomorrow. At that time I felt that the $30 wasn't money I really needed, so I gave it away.  I never said there was anything wrong with spending it on lottery tickets or anything else.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #49896
                  February 18, 2007
                  1181 Posts
                  Posted: April 22, 2007, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

buddy,

You were 8 years old and smoking a cigarette outside of a gas station and you also had your own Visa card? 

Never mind - your profile says you were born in Sept 1965 so you were 32 or 33.  I realize writing in a foreign language is difficult so maybe there is some kind of misunderstanding..not picking on you..just a little confusing.

BTW, I admire bambini and others who said they'd give the money away, but I was only telling a story that actually happened to me.  I have no idea what I would do if I found money today on the way to the store tomorrow. At that time I felt that the $30 wasn't money I really needed, so I gave it away.  I never said there was anything wrong with spending it on lottery tickets or anything else.

i think "buddy" was saying  that his dad was telling him that he has always been lucky at finding money since the age of 8 but he was not 8 when he found money and smoked the cigarette or used the visa. i think' buddy just worded it wrong but his dad was telling him that buddy has been lucky at finding lost money since buddy was young child. that is how i read it but i could be wrong...

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31354 Posts
                    Posted: April 22, 2007, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

if i couldn't find the owner - i would keep it.  a blessing from God.

love to nibble those micey feet.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: April 22, 2007, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

buddy,

I believe he meant that this father said he has been lucky since he was 8 years old.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: April 22, 2007, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

I believe he meant that this father said he has been lucky since he was 8 years old.

I'm sorry.  Please forget about it everybody.  I didn't mean to be critical, Buddy.  I was only asking if you were 8 years old when this happened and then I read your profile, which sort of cleared things up for me!  Smile

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: April 22, 2007, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry.  Please forget about it everybody.  I didn't mean to be critical, Buddy.  I was only asking if you were 8 years old when this happened and then I read your profile, which sort of cleared things up for me!  Smile

I had to do a double take .. at first I thought the same thing.

freeport bahamas
                            Bahamas
                            Member #46427
                            September 10, 2006
                            63 Posts
                            Posted: April 22, 2007, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

well upon picking it up, i would hang around for about ten mins to see if anyone came back looking for it, ,,, i mean some people really have it worst than others,,, and it might mean a lot to them,, if no one came back to collect then i would do what i want with it be it playing numbers,,buying food,gas etc,etc,etc,, or giving it to someone in worse shape than me,,,,Cool

United States
                              Member #5344
                              June 30, 2004
                              23641 Posts
                              Posted: April 22, 2007, 11:26 pm - IP Logged

My husband was cleaning around the lot yesterday.  He mowed the ditches.. picked up trash.  When he was getting ready to leave, he noticed that the wind had blown some trash from across the street to the sides of the dishes.  He went to pick it up and found a twenty.

Across the street is a school parking lot, of course no one was parked there since it was Saturday.

He considered himself lucky.