Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

incredible story

Topic closed. 46 replies. Last post 10 years ago by jarasan.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: April 30, 2007, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

OK...So I see 12 people won 53 grand....What about it?...LOL

It could go either way if you ask me...

Marietta
    United States
    Member #40056
    May 26, 2006
    18 Posts
    Posted: April 30, 2007, 8:20 pm - IP Logged

earthwind fire,

What a incredible story. Yes, I would love to read, we all need luck like THAT.!!!

WELCOME TO SITE......Hurray!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: April 30, 2007, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Something similar happen to Angelo and Maria Gallina of California on 12/12/2002 when they won both the Fantasy Five jackpot of $126K and the SuperLotto Plus $17M jackpot on the same day.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2002/12/12/MN159178.DTL

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
        Member #14
        November 9, 2001
        31347 Posts
        Posted: May 1, 2007, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Hi, Im knew to this site and I thought I would relate a story that just came out of loto quebec.

In sept of 2006 a Man won 53,ooo by getting 5 out of 6,plus the bonus number in the 6/49 lottery.

6 Month's later this dude find's a lottery ticket on the street and is perplexed  because this ticket has the same number's that He alway's pick's and is dated from sept 2006.

So He bring's it in to the loto quebec main office and find's out sure enough,it's worth 53,000 bucks.

What are the odd's of this happening?Somebody played the same exact numbers that He did for the same draw date and then proceed's those lose His ticket and it get's found by this dude who already won with these numbers and now wins again by finding this "twin" ticket..

To cool.....

welcome to lp.

love to nibble those micey feet.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31347 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2007, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Hi, Im knew to this site and I thought I would relate a story that just came out of loto quebec.

In sept of 2006 a Man won 53,ooo by getting 5 out of 6,plus the bonus number in the 6/49 lottery.

6 Month's later this dude find's a lottery ticket on the street and is perplexed  because this ticket has the same number's that He alway's pick's and is dated from sept 2006.

So He bring's it in to the loto quebec main office and find's out sure enough,it's worth 53,000 bucks.

What are the odd's of this happening?Somebody played the same exact numbers that He did for the same draw date and then proceed's those lose His ticket and it get's found by this dude who already won with these numbers and now wins again by finding this "twin" ticket..

To cool.....

welcome to lp.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Lucky Star's avatar - flower2
            Georgia
            United States
            Member #38040
            April 23, 2006
            1643 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2007, 4:11 am - IP Logged

Hi, earthwindfire!!!

Welcome to Lottery Post!!!

And, thank you for sharing the story!!!

I enjoyed it!!!

Peace.  And, Good Luck!!!

Canada
              Member #51896
              April 30, 2007
              10 Posts
              Posted: May 1, 2007, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Usually the fake not to believed stories are generic non-specific names like 'a guy', 'a man', 'a gal', or 'a woman', they never have a name. Also, the actual source of the information cannot be verified nor are the any news related stroies have ever been reported. When you make such calims, back it up with researchable information, references, names, news listings, something that proves what you are saying is true. My default for information like this is always false and will be false till proven true.

Extra extra read all about it..I found the story printed on  the quebec loto news flyer..vol 24 no 4 April 22 2207

mr Sylvain Renaude of Vaudreuil-Dorion wins twice the same draw..

"6 months later mr.renaude found a ticket that had the same numbers and was for the same draw"

Todd I will e-mail you this story and you could check it out yourself or better yet you can contact loto quebec yourself and ask then to send you a copy,but ask them to translate it for you..I have the french version..

The moral of the story is..If you dont believe this story was true then you will never win anything big because you just dont believe in luck..wether its 1 in 1 million or 1 in 1 billion..luck knows no limits...Only those who believe in luck has a chance to win one day..Luck has no limits..

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: May 1, 2007, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

Extra extra read all about it..I found the story printed on  the quebec loto news flyer..vol 24 no 4 April 22 2207

"6 months later mr.renaude found a ticket that had the same numbers and was for the same draw"

Todd I will e-mail you this story and you could check it out yourself or better yet you can contact loto quebec yourself and ask then to send you a copy,but ask them to translate it for you..I have the french version..

The moral of the story is..If you dont believe this story was true then you will never win anything big because you just dont believe in luck..wether its 1 in 1 million or 1 in 1 billion..luck knows no limits...Only those who believe in luck has a chance to win one day..Luck has no limits..

That's a lot work for Todd to prove you're telling the truth.  Why should he care?  Whether it's *true or not, no one's chances of winning a lottery is going to be improved by checking their streets for lost lottery tickets.  Maybe you should send that information to your local paper, sounds like it's worthed some local news coverage.

*Note - Anyone can make up a story but if no one knows you and you want them to believe your story is true, make it easy for them to check.  As a matter of fact, you should do that even if they know you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23262 Posts
                  Posted: May 1, 2007, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

That's a lot work for Todd to prove you're telling the truth.  Why should he care?  Whether it's *true or not, no one's chances of winning a lottery is going to be improved by checking their streets for lost lottery tickets.  Maybe you should send that information to your local paper, sounds like it's worthed some local news coverage.

*Note - Anyone can make up a story but if no one knows you and you want them to believe your story is true, make it easy for them to check.  As a matter of fact, you should do that even if they know you.

RJOh, you always make me smile, how you cut right to the heart of the matter every time.  Smiley  You are one of the most street-smart people I have ever "known"!  Thanks for looking out for me.

Just for the record, anyone should feel free to e-mail me story ideas, so don't be bashful or think that I don't have enough time to read it. I post lots of stories based on reader submissions, and there are a number of people who periodically send me links to interesting stories, so go for it.

Regarding the truth of the story, it is very hard — maybe impossible — to verify if the guy actually found the ticket in the street.  Unless there was somebody unrelated to him watching him as he found the ticket in the street, it is a matter of whether you believe his story or not.

Who knows?  Maybe he's embarrassed to admit that he purchased multiple tickets with the same numbers on them.  Stranger things have happened.  Personally, I would be proud of the fact that I was "smart enough" (in reality lucky enough) to purchase multiple tickets like that, but everyone's reaction would be different.

Then again, maybe he did find it in the street.  Either way, it sounds like an interesting story to me.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: May 1, 2007, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Nobody disputed the possibility that the same person turned in two winning tickets. What is far fetched is that the person bought one and found the other, and a story from lottery officials does nothing to prove the alleged scenario.  If the lottery says that one of the tickets was a QP and it was printed after the first one, that would  prove that the person didn't intentionally buy two tickets with the same numbers, but it still wouldn't prove that he found the second winning ticket.

Is it possible? Sure, and the odds are much better than some people think. Did it really hapen? Almost certianly not. The odds are still extremely high  and there are explanations that are millions of times more likely.

Canada
                      Member #51896
                      April 30, 2007
                      10 Posts
                      Posted: May 1, 2007, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

OK Guys listen.Im new to this site and for my first post I passed along this story that I read.I dont know if it really happened that way or not,but alot of people have called my integrity into question and that's why I want to prove Im telling the truth as to what I read and reported.

Canada
                        Member #51896
                        April 30, 2007
                        10 Posts
                        Posted: May 1, 2007, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Ah yes,but sometimes it does pay to pick up lost or thrown away lotto tickets you find on the street or trash...

Pair Find Winning Lotto Ticket in Trash

A couple picking up trash along a roadside found a winning scratch-off lottery ticket that led them to a $1,000 jackpot. Ronnie and Tina Abbott said they found a lottery ticket worth $15 Sunday while picking up garbage along a Clinton County road near Frankfort, about 55 miles northwest of Indianapolis.

The next day, they cashed in that ticket at a local store and bought one that turned out to be a $1,000 winner.

"It does pay to pick up trash," Tina Abbott said.

She and her husband haven't decided how they'll spend their winnings.

During their trash collection excursion, the couple also found three unopened cans of Billy Beer, a failed brand endorsed by former President Jimmy Carter's late brother, Billy Carter.

"That tells you how often it's cleaned out there," Tina Abbott said.

The couple collected 13 bags of trash and six tires over five hours Sunday. Tina Abbott said they decided to clean up the roadside because they grew tired of seeing the trash when they drove to and from their home.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: May 2, 2007, 4:00 am - IP Logged

I found the article and translated from the French.  I looked for articles on Sylvain Renaud and Loto. Maybe this isn't the same person, but in Sept, 2 good buddies played the same numbers and both of them won.  I'll send the link to Todd.

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
                            The Quantum Master
                            West Concord, MN
                            United States
                            Member #21
                            December 7, 2001
                            3675 Posts
                            Posted: May 2, 2007, 10:54 am - IP Logged

Interesting.... my believability is now in a state Quantum Flux between true and false...  ...keep going, you have my attention... 

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                            Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                            Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                            Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                            Wisdom is Not Censored
                            Douglas Paul Smallish
                            Jehocifer

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                              Wandering Aimlessly
                              United States
                              Member #25360
                              November 5, 2005
                              4461 Posts
                              Posted: May 2, 2007, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Hello again.  Always nice to "meet" new people.

Here is the link (with the English Translation) I sent to Todd.  Hope it is okay to post. Just want to write this comment, because the odds of a man and his best childhood friend winning on the same day are rare enough, but it does happen when people have things in common. But now you are saying one of these guys also found a winning ticket 6 months later?  I'm not saying it isn't true, but it definitely sounds (as your title says) to be incredible.    I have tried to find the other story and can't get anything except this using his name and/or his city.  Again, don't take offense that we are being skeptical here.  A new member doesn't have any less credibility than someone who has been posting for years.  It's just that anyone can post a story. 

Off the subject - there are stories like the Swiffer rumor (no, it doesn't poison pets) and the birds exploding after weddings that I believed for a long time. So now I have to see it to believe it!! Wink

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.journalletoile.com/article-86592-Deux-amis-denfance-gagnent-deux-fois-au-meme-tirage.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DSylvain%2BRenaud%2Bof%2BVaudreuil-Dorion%2B%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox%26sa%3DX