Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Hackers & the lottery...

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: May 4, 2007, 11:51 am - IP Logged

it a long standing rumor that Steve McQueen once drove a fully armed tank down the street. He left the base where he was stationed. It was how he got discovered and later became an actor.

On another note: No one can crack the lottery RNG code. Even if you knew which computer they were going to be using for a particular draw. Even if you had the same software they use (same chip) there is no way to know beforehand which numbers might be generated for a particular draw. About the only way it could be done is illegally from a remote location if the pc they used had remote access and you were able to program the numbers before the draw so as to manipulate the draw.

The places that use RNG have stated that there PC's are stand alone units with no outside access In other words they aren't connected to the Internet or a grid or other servers.

Glad you used the word "rumor" since I doubt that ever happened.  He was in the Marines and drove a tank.  Maybe the story is he went out at night and got tanked and someone decided to embellish a few details.  I was a big Steve McQueen fan.  Papillon is one of the best movies ever made.

United States
    Member #12495
    March 15, 2005
    76 Posts
    Posted: May 4, 2007, 11:54 am - IP Logged

it a long standing rumor that Steve McQueen once drove a fully armed tank down the street. He left the base where he was stationed. It was how he got discovered and later became an actor.

On another note: No one can crack the lottery RNG code. Even if you knew which computer they were going to be using for a particular draw. Even if you had the same software they use (same chip) there is no way to know beforehand which numbers might be generated for a particular draw. About the only way it could be done is illegally from a remote location if the pc they used had remote access and you were able to program the numbers before the draw so as to manipulate the draw.

The places that use RNG have stated that there PC's are stand alone units with no outside access In other words they aren't connected to the Internet or a grid or other servers.

I don't think you need to know the exact number to win, you just need to know the pattern and play all of them.

In order to know the pattern, you need to know the algorithm and the seeds. You wouldn't be able to know the exact seed, but you just need to know the set of likely seeds to figure out the pattern. If you have the software, the lottery compute once to get one number, you compute all the seeds and get a set of number. For example, if the seed is the keystroke and the time of stroke, then you have 40x60 possible seeds.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8359 Posts
      Posted: May 4, 2007, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

i never said he wasn't in the marines.

this is on the internet

Steve McQueen stole a tank painted it pink and drove down the main street in Oceanside and they gave him a Dishonorable.

Honduras
        Member #20982
        August 29, 2005
        4715 Posts
        Posted: May 4, 2007, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I don't think you need to know the exact number to win, you just need to know the pattern and play all of them.

In order to know the pattern, you need to know the algorithm and the seeds. You wouldn't be able to know the exact seed, but you just need to know the set of likely seeds to figure out the pattern. If you have the software, the lottery compute once to get one number, you compute all the seeds and get a set of number. For example, if the seed is the keystroke and the time of stroke, then you have 40x60 possible seeds.

That is true NewClub...

A guy that was high did drove an army tank through the streets in real life couple of years ago...I was on the program "COPS"...He was later arrested...I remember he smash an RV like it was a hamburger...LUckily there was no one in the RV...

"More important than winning the states' lotteries is the movie "Red Planet"...."

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: May 4, 2007, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

i never said he wasn't in the marines.

this is on the internet

Steve McQueen stole a tank painted it pink and drove down the main street in Oceanside and they gave him a Dishonorable.

It might be true.  I wasn't arguing with you, just wrote it sounded like a rumor.  I did once read that he was dishonorably discharged.  The problem with posting is if we were sitting in party now having a drink and you said something about Steve McQueen stealing a tank and I turned around and said "No way! sounds like a wild story to me" and you answered "Yes, I read it in an article on the internet" it would sound like a conversation, not an argument or criticism like the written word often does. 

A guy that was high did drove an army tank through the streets in real life couple of years ago...I was on the program "COPS"...He was later arrested...I remember he smash an RV like it was a hamburger...LUckily there was no one in the RV...

I vaguely remember seeing this on television a few years ago as you said, Pumpi.  It was bizarre.

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8359 Posts
            Posted: May 4, 2007, 10:28 pm - IP Logged

It might be true.  I wasn't arguing with you, just wrote it sounded like a rumor.  I did once read that he was dishonorably discharged.  The problem with posting is if we were sitting in party now having a drink and you said something about Steve McQueen stealing a tank and I turned around and said "No way! sounds like a wild story to me" and you answered "Yes, I read it in an article on the internet" it would sound like a conversation, not an argument or criticism like the written word often does. 

I vaguely remember seeing this on television a few years ago as you said, Pumpi.  It was bizarre.

point taken. The problem with the internet is old stories like this are seldom put on any web pages. Steve had many great adventures and was a true character in the sense of the word. He was like an idol to many of us teens of the era. While there are some web references to him many are probably inaccurate.  

here is a site that lists all the movies he was in and at one time or another i have seen most of them if not all.

Click here: AMCTV.com BIOGRAPHY - Steve McQueen

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: May 4, 2007, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

I heard that Dennis Weaver ran around New York while riding on a horse, and crashed right into a Mobil station.

And he was wearing a tank top. Weird....