Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

do the lotteries have people researching systems and methods?

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 10 years ago by emilyg.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

What do you think, do they?

Of course they do [ 39 ]  [45.35%]
They even have people researching lucky tinkets [ 2 ]  [2.33%]
They don't need to, there is no system that works [ 26 ]  [30.23%]
no, they just change matrixes and games [ 12 ]  [13.95%]
Other- explain [ 7 ]  [8.14%]
Total Valid Votes [ 86 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10345 Posts
Posted: May 8, 2007, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Do you think the lotteries have some employess that are assigned to track systems, try and develop systems, and methods? By methods I mean like the group that hit Virginia.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

CCHS13's avatar - chi jpeg.jpg
    Illinois
    United States
    Member #46704
    September 23, 2006
    3692 Posts
    Posted: May 8, 2007, 11:04 am - IP Logged

This is a very good topic Coin Toss,  I believe they do in an attempt to reduce their

losses.  I also believe the majority of defense that the lottery plays comes from GTech

themselves.  I just dont believe that GTech is a honest company.  They make sooo much

money from the states themselves you would think that they didnt need to play defense

But I do believe that it happens but thats just my opinion.  But at the end of the day a winning

number has to be reported so thats your chance.  I dont think that Illinois has won the Mega

Millions since the name was changed from the Big Game years ago

Men Lie Women Lie Numbers Dont

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
      Member #28409
      December 15, 2005
      1198 Posts
      Posted: May 8, 2007, 11:22 am - IP Logged

This is a very good topic Coin Toss,  I believe they do in an attempt to reduce their

losses.  I also believe the majority of defense that the lottery plays comes from GTech

themselves.  I just dont believe that GTech is a honest company.  They make sooo much

money from the states themselves you would think that they didnt need to play defense

But I do believe that it happens but thats just my opinion.  But at the end of the day a winning

number has to be reported so thats your chance.  I dont think that Illinois has won the Mega

Millions since the name was changed from the Big Game years ago

I don't know about GTech, but it would be in the best interest of the lotteries to have people who researched systems available to the pubic to reduce their losses. So I voted "of course they do." But I can save them some time here and now... Most of those systems don't work. I have tried too many to be convinced they will ever come up with one that does work for all games or even consecutively on just one jackpot game. Just my opinion. And then again, you only have to be right one time to make a difference.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: May 8, 2007, 11:35 am - IP Logged

They must! How many times have you been 1 or 2 numbers off on your tickets??? It seems they are always one step ahead!

Warwick, R.I.
          United States
          Member #23315
          October 10, 2005
          32 Posts
          Posted: May 8, 2007, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

I have a reliable source and I know for a fact that the Keno in Rhode Island can be fixed when they need to fix it. As far as the pick4 is concerned I think that is done relatively fair.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19817 Posts
            Posted: May 8, 2007, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Before a game ever goes on line, its design is tested and checked for profitability.  If profits aren't as expected then the lotteries probably check to find out why as PowerBall did when they had all those winners using the fortune cookie number, but I think the systems they check most are their own to make sure no one on the inside is taking advantage of a flaw.  Even being able to buy all the possible combinations when it's profitable is a flaw so most lotteries have rules to try and prevent that.

I doubt if they waste their time tracking lottery systems advertised to the public because it makes no sense for anyone to try and make money by selling a system that makes money.  Besides, those systems are sold for entertainment only as printed in their disclaimers. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10345 Posts
              Posted: May 8, 2007, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Ok, do they not only have people testing systems they come across via boards like this, other sites, system sellers ike Steve Player, but do they also have their own people developing systems to see if any would work?

Part II of question:

And if one of their researchers said, "Hey, this thing is predicting winners, six of six time after time" would they have to pay that person off?  Offer them a very sweet bonus not to "spread the word"?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                Member #50124
                February 26, 2007
                601 Posts
                Posted: May 8, 2007, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Ok, do they not only have people testing systems they come across via boards like this, other sites, system sellers ike Steve Player, but do they also have their own people developing systems to see if any would work?

Part II of question:

And if one of their researchers said, "Hey, this thing is predicting winners, six of six time after time" would they have to pay that person off?  Offer them a very sweet bonus not to "spread the word"?

Part II

Moot point.  Never gonna happen.  Wink

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: May 8, 2007, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

I don't think they would have their own people developing systems,it would cost too much in labor hours. But as far as having people check out systems that are on the market,you can bet your boots they're testing those!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19817 Posts
                    Posted: May 8, 2007, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

"And if one of their researchers said, "Hey, this thing is predicting winners, six of six time after time" would they have to pay that person off?  Offer them a very sweet bonus not to "spread the word"?"

Why would anyone have to be  offered a sweet bonus not to spread the word about a system that consistently pick winners in a pick6 game? 

1. He would be making his own bonus deal every time he played and won.
                    2. Why would he spoil it by spreading the word even to the lottery.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
                      mississippi
                      United States
                      Member #34478
                      March 3, 2006
                      5903 Posts
                      Posted: May 8, 2007, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

In my Opinion..you can forget about getting..buying..building..stealing..using VooDoo..or anything else on those big games..they are not going to let you get a numerical advantage anyway shape..form or fashion..those Jackpot games would cost them way to much money if anyone was able to obtain a numerical advantage in those games..that is why they go through THEIR so called TESTING THE EQUIPMENT bullsh$t line they feed to everyone ...I said it once..I will say it agan..it is to mess up the natural flow of the numbers so that smart people cant use it to their advantage.. it would also cost the lotteries some big bucks by winning the big games more often than they want you to...

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                        nashville
                        United States
                        Member #49896
                        February 18, 2007
                        1181 Posts
                        Posted: May 8, 2007, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

i chose other explain because i think they are doing research to make our odds of winning alot worse than they already are...

four4me's avatar - gate1
                          MD
                          United States
                          Member #1701
                          June 18, 2003
                          8360 Posts
                          Posted: May 8, 2007, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

since most lottery's have caps on their games i doubt if they care about systems.

I'm sure more than one person has walked into a lottery claim center and bragged about how their system made them some money. 

the main thing the lottery cares about is sales and getting as many people as they can to play.

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
                            Member #1987
                            August 5, 2003
                            8968 Posts
                            Posted: May 8, 2007, 3:03 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps. 

If a state has computerized drawings the officials want to make sure that no one is trying to break into the system to manipulate it in some way.

For ball drawings it's timing. There is a specific amount of time set aside for the drawings, it's how much time is spent between when the machines are turned on & when the #s are selected. Furthermore it goes back to pretesting. Again, timing & the amount of pretests. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: May 8, 2007, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

How would they change it if they did notice something ?

Think of ALL the folks over the years that have been tracking and calculating the games, yet it can go for weeks or even months between wins.

As I have said a million times: I think people can devise a system to get 3 x 5 on a semi-consistent basis, but that's not good enough.