Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

do the lotteries have people researching systems and methods?

Topic closed. 51 replies. Last post 10 years ago by emilyg.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

What do you think, do they?

Of course they do [ 39 ]  [45.35%]
They even have people researching lucky tinkets [ 2 ]  [2.33%]
They don't need to, there is no system that works [ 26 ]  [30.23%]
no, they just change matrixes and games [ 12 ]  [13.95%]
Other- explain [ 7 ]  [8.14%]
Total Valid Votes [ 86 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
Member #41383
June 16, 2006
1969 Posts
Posted: May 8, 2007, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

In my Opinion..you can forget about getting..buying..building..stealing..using VooDoo..or anything else on those big games..they are not going to let you get a numerical advantage anyway shape..form or fashion..those Jackpot games would cost them way to much money if anyone was able to obtain a numerical advantage in those games..that is why they go through THEIR so called TESTING THE EQUIPMENT bullsh$t line they feed to everyone ...I said it once..I will say it agan..it is to mess up the natural flow of the numbers so that smart people cant use it to their advantage.. it would also cost the lotteries some big bucks by winning the big games more often than they want you to...

Don't think that way.

Think of every game as a real game, and be looking 5 games down the road (futurecasting). 

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: May 8, 2007, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Ok, do they not only have people testing systems they come across via boards like this, other sites, system sellers ike Steve Player, but do they also have their own people developing systems to see if any would work?

Part II of question:

And if one of their researchers said, "Hey, this thing is predicting winners, six of six time after time" would they have to pay that person off?  Offer them a very sweet bonus not to "spread the word"?

Coin Toss, very good question...I trully believe they have people researching systems, spying and on the look out for systems that work...I also believe that they have already paid people with systems that work, some ton of money for them to silence or retire or never use the system again...The lottery is a bussiness, they can't afford to have people out there running with systems that could potentially win their lottery...Despite that they will make their money anyways, but if the same person won Powerball 3 or 4 times it will make big news and people will want to meet this person and have his/her system/strategy...And if everyone had a system that could win them Powerball, it will not be fun anymore...

Like how i said before, the lottery could as well pay someone 500 dollars a month to spy on this websites and other similar websites...It will merely be 6K a month to them which is like 5 cents, almost nothing to them...I think they will have people figuring out systems...But the ones that are going to get paid pretty good are guys (and is my belief) that are knowledgeable about wheels and could create custom-made wheels and wheels that are out of this world or that no one knows about...Which wouldn't surprise me if the lottery has a secret deal with lotterywheel...I am so paranoid that sometimes when i see antique cars or paintings i think they are auctioning "smoking systems" that could pottentially win Powerball...I said it before to win POwerball you don't need to match 5/55 + 1/42....All you need is to replicate 5/5 match of a 5/55 and you would have bought Powerball (it only has 3 million odds, and the 200K that you will get)...

Is not only the lottery but encryption companies and people that have to do with encryption...And if they did change Powerball Or MegaMillions matrix now or soon, is because they've been snooping/sneefing around this site... 

Sysp134 said:

"And then again, you only have to be right one time to make a difference."

That's correct...For you to have a system that works, all it needs to do is be correct 1 every 200 draws or so....It only takes "One or two times" for your system to work...

"The Truth is Out There....."                          from movie "The X-Files"

Coastal Georgia
      United States
      Member #2653
      October 30, 2003
      1866 Posts
      Posted: May 8, 2007, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

If they did do this and their employees were successful, then they would be ex employees real fast .

That is, if they are smart enough to tell their bosses that they can't quite come up with the formula, then they can sock it to them...

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
        Member #6363
        August 20, 2004
        4152 Posts
        Posted: May 8, 2007, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Ok, do they not only have people testing systems they come across via boards like this, other sites, system sellers ike Steve Player, but do they also have their own people developing systems to see if any would work?

Part II of question:

And if one of their researchers said, "Hey, this thing is predicting winners, six of six time after time" would they have to pay that person off?  Offer them a very sweet bonus not to "spread the word"?

My cousin and a friend of his got together to create a system for the big games. They had to front a lot of money but the system paid off by hitting the second prize twice within a very short period of time. After collecting the second prize the lottery officials offered him a job. I am not sure what the job would have entailed but they seriously offered all the same so he could no longer play. He declined.  I have not heard of him winning a big pot since maybe he should have taken it.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

United States
          Member #51916
          May 1, 2007
          16 Posts
          Posted: May 8, 2007, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

My cousin and a friend of his got together to create a system for the big games. They had to front a lot of money but the system paid off by hitting the second prize twice within a very short period of time. After collecting the second prize the lottery officials offered him a job. I am not sure what the job would have entailed but they seriously offered all the same so he could no longer play. He declined.  I have not heard of him winning a big pot since maybe he should have taken it.

So basically, whatever lottery it is we are talking about... They determine who or where the winning ticket comes from, they determine when the jackpot wins and when they want it to rollover... If we are talking about megamillions or non-computerized draws then how can the lottery officials be mad if someone is winning a lot? I mean someone could only come up with a system that worked if the lottery was RIGGED, ok.  A system can't be made to predict what balls come out of A big wheel drum that spins the balls around and around and around and spits 6 balls out, when they come out it is random.... OR is it.. Like I said, if someone is on to something or a system is getting person 1st or 2nd prize everytime they play then the lottery is rigged, simple as that or that person is playing just about every combination that exists which is unlikely to say the least. Just b/c people oversee the lottery doesn't mean a thing, nobody can be trusted when your talking about that kind of money.... Corruption runs like water in this country, so I will never believe that everything is hunky dory and innocent with the lottery... I still play, but not like I used too... When I play I just hope that maybe the town I live in or the zip code or the store in my town was picked for the winner of the up coming draw..:)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: May 8, 2007, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

By having people working on systems I mean to see if any game is vulnderable to a system, and if someone (we're talking lottery employee) did stumble upon something, would the game change? Would the matrix expand or the game just not be available?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
              Member #34266
              March 1, 2006
              188 Posts
              Posted: May 8, 2007, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

The house wins each and every single time.  It's a lot of money, and with that kind of money corruption is a huge possibility. 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5146 Posts
                Posted: May 8, 2007, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Before a game ever goes on line, its design is tested and checked for profitability.  If profits aren't as expected then the lotteries probably check to find out why as PowerBall did when they had all those winners using the fortune cookie number, but I think the systems they check most are their own to make sure no one on the inside is taking advantage of a flaw.  Even being able to buy all the possible combinations when it's profitable is a flaw so most lotteries have rules to try and prevent that.

I doubt if they waste their time tracking lottery systems advertised to the public because it makes no sense for anyone to try and make money by selling a system that makes money.  Besides, those systems are sold for entertainment only as printed in their disclaimers. 

WHY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SHOULD THEY..........AAAAAAHH

HE who control's "D" money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

control's the GAME..............they can change MATRIX & MANY OTHER

THINGsssssssssss..............DON't ...............................U-THINK?????

PSYKOMO 

JAP69's avatar - alas
                  South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #6
                  November 4, 2001
                  8797 Posts
                  Posted: May 8, 2007, 8:13 pm - IP Logged

Jack-in-the-Box

Pays good

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7344 Posts
                    Posted: May 8, 2007, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Do you think the lotteries have some employess that are assigned to track systems, try and develop systems, and methods? By methods I mean like the group that hit Virginia.

Most state lottery commissions have investigators similar to the Nevada Gaming Commission but their jobs are mostly to respond to instant scratch-off complaints. They also investigate incidents like the night there were over 50 winning Buckeye 5 tickets sold in Ohio. One player bought over 50 tickets on the same combination and the clerk didn't know there was a $1 million payoff limit. I don't know how much of the $1 million he got, but they did give $100,000 to the person with 1 winning ticket.

What the group that tried to buy out the Virginia Lotto did was similar to Blackjack card counting; not illegal but a threat to the game. Most states have created rules prohibiting tying up terminals and raised the matrix so doing that would be next to impossible.

As for investigating systems, 15 years ago lottery sales agents sold dream books, tip sheets, and paper and pencil systems. I won't say it's impossible to create a system that overcomes the 50% advantage the Pick-3 and Pick-4 have but I doubt it would impact profits unless everybody used it.

With lottos, PowerBall, and Mega Millions, the states get a large percentage for handling the bets and jackpots come out of the pockets of other players. Lottery investigators probably roll their eyes when people talk about "cracking" codes and RNGs because both PowerBall and Mega Millions are Keno/Bingo style draws.

Honduras
                      Member #20982
                      August 29, 2005
                      4715 Posts
                      Posted: May 9, 2007, 12:46 am - IP Logged

Working for the lottery corporation is like working for AREA-51 or for the CIA...YOu can not tell to others about your job there...I'll be looking for that in the movies to see if the movies are really talking about the lotto....

What i will like so bad is for the lottery to raise the prize to 2 dollars...This way the jackpot will grow to 600+ millions...

Then people will really make movies about the lottery and about trying to crack the lottery and the buzz on the streets will be the lottery, and guys that like to do heist would talk more about the lottery instead...

GIDDYUP's avatar - cls want_to_buy.jpg
                        Dunn / Kinston North Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #46604
                        September 17, 2006
                        98 Posts
                        Posted: May 9, 2007, 1:45 am - IP Logged

OF COURSE !

Can't lose for winning Banana

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: May 9, 2007, 2:39 am - IP Logged

By having people working on systems I mean to see if any game is vulnderable to a system, and if someone (we're talking lottery employee) did stumble upon something, would the game change? Would the matrix expand or the game just not be available?

I checked "of course they do" only because I think they make sure the odds are in their favor all the time.  I assume that any online or instant game is researched thoroughly before its release.  The FL Raffle was a huge success for the State.  Then they came up with EZ Match for the Fantasy5 - another way to get people to spend $2 on a $1 ticket.

However, I also believe as you wrote above, that they must check to see if there are any weaknesses, i.e., the same store selling winning tickets over and over again or the same person hitting jackpot games.  I know most people will disagree with me, but I dislike the pre-tests for this reason.  Just because a number is drawn 2 or 3 times in a row, doesn't mean it's not random. I think if the balls are measured & weighed accurately, they don't need to have "fake" drawings before the actual televised ones. 

Coastal Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #2653
                            October 30, 2003
                            1866 Posts
                            Posted: May 9, 2007, 8:31 am - IP Logged

Working for the lottery corporation is like working for AREA-51 or for the CIA...YOu can not tell to others about your job there...I'll be looking for that in the movies to see if the movies are really talking about the lotto....

What i will like so bad is for the lottery to raise the prize to 2 dollars...This way the jackpot will grow to 600+ millions...

Then people will really make movies about the lottery and about trying to crack the lottery and the buzz on the streets will be the lottery, and guys that like to do heist would talk more about the lottery instead...

What?

United Kingdom
                              Member #31295
                              January 27, 2006
                              73 Posts
                              Posted: May 9, 2007, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

With millions of dollars at stake per draw lottery companies must be exerting some kind of control over the winnings.