Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

As technology and software progress....

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 9 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

will it make lotteries obselete???

Yes--within 5 years [ 2 ]  [4.44%]
Yes--within 10 years [ 1 ]  [2.22%]
Yes--within 20 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes--within 30 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes--within 40 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes--within 50 years [ 1 ]  [2.22%]
Yes--50 years or above from now [ 2 ]  [4.44%]
Nope,never happen [ 39 ]  [86.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 45 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Sunny California
United States
Member #40295
May 31, 2006
7712 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2007, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

Obviously no one has cracked the "code" yet because lotteries are still around and have been around for years and years. Look how far computers and software have come just within these last 10 years or so. But as time goes on and computers and software get more advanced,do you think it's just a matter of time before someone develops a way to win all the time,sells it on the market, and eventually put the lotteries out of business? Or would some higher power never let it get that far?

Do You Want To Win Today?  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/286011

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: May 25, 2007, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

The answers will depend on whether or not the person commenting believes that the Lottery is truly random.

If the Lottery is indeed fair & random, one cannot possibly develop a system that chooses 6 separate events that have not happened.  Balls are being blown around and drawn out of a tube. Every second plus or minus has an effect on the final result.  If all drawings become computerized, then I might say it's possible, but highly unlikely.

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7712 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2007, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

If all drawings become computerized, then I might say it's possible, but highly unlikely.

Good point! I didn't think of that! You must have been editing when I wrote that,haha.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: May 25, 2007, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

I was trying to find this guy's story on the net, but I coudn't.

Anyway, I read a few years ago that a man in Austrailia won the Jackpot 3 times. He apparently spent years in his basement trying to break the code. His family was outraged because he stopped working and spent all day and night down there.

Well, his efforts paid off, and now his son is auctioning a painting made by his father that has all kinds of colors, letters and numbers in it. I think the guy is not alive now, but I'm not sure, but according to the story, the code is in the painting. The letters and numbers are scrambled so it's not easy to see the code, but there is a way to descramble them.

He made a vow to the lottery officials that he would not disclose his findings, but was allowed to put it in his painting. I don't know if the painting has been sold yet, but apparently, if someone buys it and spends the time to figure out the code, they'll have the secret in their possesion.

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7712 Posts
          Posted: May 25, 2007, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

I was trying to find this guy's story on the net, but I coudn't.

Anyway, I read a few years ago that a man in Austrailia won the Jackpot 3 times. He apparently spent years in his basement trying to break the code. His family was outraged because he stopped working and spent all day and night down there.

Well, his efforts paid off, and now his son is auctioning a painting made by his father that has all kinds of colors, letters and numbers in it. I think the guy is not alive now, but I'm not sure, but according to the story, the code is in the painting. The letters and numbers are scrambled so it's not easy to see the code, but there is a way to descramble them.

He made a vow to the lottery officials that he would not disclose his findings, but was allowed to put it in his painting. I don't know if the painting has been sold yet, but apparently, if someone buys it and spends the time to figure out the code, they'll have the secret in their possesion.

I bought the ebook that his son put out but it was a bunch of garbage, really lame. They did show a photo of the picture like you mentioned. He is deceased now,you're right. But good luck trying to figure that picture out,wow! Couldn't make heads or tails of it.

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
            Florida
            United States
            Member #6147
            August 8, 2004
            1396 Posts
            Posted: May 25, 2007, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Lotteries are here to stay.  They are a great source of revenue for the states, and they are not going to give that up.  If there is a "code" to be found, the lottery will just change the way the draws are done, and continue on.  I know this for a fact since I'm sure that FL has changed their programming every time I am on to something hot Wink.

Good Luck!

Stavros

Sunny California
              United States
              Member #40295
              May 31, 2006
              7712 Posts
              Posted: May 25, 2007, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I know this for a fact since I'm sure that FL has changed their programming every time I am on to something hot Wink.

Make that....."change their programming EVERY DAY." haha,right stavros??

That state has me stumped for sure!

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: May 25, 2007, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

I bought the ebook that his son put out but it was a bunch of garbage, really lame. They did show a photo of the picture like you mentioned. He is deceased now,you're right. But good luck trying to figure that picture out,wow! Couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Can you tell me the name of the guy so I can look it up? Thanx

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7712 Posts
                  Posted: May 25, 2007, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Pac,I've been searching the net but can't seem to find it anymore. I tried punching in all different things,even about the painting but for the life of me nothing shows up. Maybe someone else can recall him?

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
                    The Quantum Master
                    West Concord, MN
                    United States
                    Member #21
                    December 7, 2001
                    3675 Posts
                    Posted: May 25, 2007, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

No, because it will be our computers against their computers in a never ending battle of intelligence, strategy and skill.

Let the battle continue...

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
                    Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
                    Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
                    Knowledge is Beyond Belief
                    Wisdom is Not Censored
                    Douglas Paul Smallish
                    Jehocifer

Sunny California
                      United States
                      Member #40295
                      May 31, 2006
                      7712 Posts
                      Posted: May 25, 2007, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

No, because it will be our computers against their computers in a never ending battle of intelligence, strategy and skill.

That's kind of along the lines of what I think too. They will always be one step ahead....like they are now!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19831 Posts
                        Posted: May 25, 2007, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

as time goes on and computers and software get more advanced,do you think it's just a matter of time before someone develops a way to win all the time,sells it on the market, and eventually put the lotteries out of business?

Such computer programs are already on the market, at least they're advertised as such on the Internet.  People are buying them and expecting to turn a $200 investment into millions of dollars and later complaining SURPRISE! they don't work.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                          Dump Water Florida
                          United States
                          Member #380
                          June 5, 2002
                          3104 Posts
                          Posted: May 26, 2007, 12:33 am - IP Logged

Think about it.  Anyone who writes lottery software is going to try it before selling it.  If there was any chance of winning millions without spending millions, the software would be held back from the market.  If you invented a lottery software and won one or more jackpots with it, would you need to go through the whole process of running a business to sell copies to people you don't know?

A. Person writes lottery software to make money selling product, has little or no interest in playing lotto.

B. Person writes lottery software trying to win, doesn't and decides to sell the product to recoup losses.

C. Person writes lottery software trying to win, sells copies to finance lottery play, hopes customer will suggest something that works.

D. Person writes lottery software and sells it to finance game play, wins big and closes business, moves to the Cayman Islands. 

This isn't to say you can't find useful information in lottery systems and software.  What you won't find is winning numbers. At least that's the case so far with no indication things are improving over software prediction capability from the 1980's, though the game keep getting harder to win. 

That's what I think, who knows I could be right.  BobP

NY
                            United States
                            Member #23835
                            October 16, 2005
                            3475 Posts
                            Posted: May 26, 2007, 1:08 am - IP Logged

If all of the variables could be accounted for, computing the likely outcomes is probably well within the reach of current technology. What makes the process random is the combined influence of thousands of variables, and it will never be possible to know the values of all the variables ahead of time.

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
                              Member #6363
                              August 20, 2004
                              4064 Posts
                              Posted: May 26, 2007, 4:43 am - IP Logged

Bob Brown?

http://www.lottomillions.com/print.htm

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A