Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

As technology and software progress....

Topic closed. 56 replies. Last post 9 years ago by psykomo.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

will it make lotteries obselete???

Yes--within 5 years [ 2 ]  [4.44%]
Yes--within 10 years [ 1 ]  [2.22%]
Yes--within 20 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes--within 30 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes--within 40 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Yes--within 50 years [ 1 ]  [2.22%]
Yes--50 years or above from now [ 2 ]  [4.44%]
Nope,never happen [ 39 ]  [86.67%]
Total Valid Votes [ 45 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19823 Posts
Posted: May 30, 2007, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

IMHO, there is no code, never will be, and the lotteries will never be beaten by a program someone has written.  The games are meant to be random, and you can't beat random.

Sounds like a challenge, is anyone up for it? 

While responding to JKING's thread http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/156578  I discovered something I think may be unique about pick5 games and Ohio RC5 in particular.  Since RC5 jackpot is at $318K, I'm going to try it tonight on RC5.  I may also post some of those picks on the prediction board too.  I hesitate to say too much because I don't want to appear foolish.  It's less embarrassing  to simple say something is impossible than to be seen trying and failing to it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
    Member #9517
    December 10, 2004
    1272 Posts
    Posted: May 30, 2007, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

I believe a lottery using a computer program to pick the numbers would be easier to crack than those using lottery machines, since a computer is rarely able to be totally random.

I think a a good statistical software program would have an easier job finding trends in those kind of lotteries. Type

A lot of  'think' and 'believe', I know. Sorry about that. 

Luminus's avatar - ouskuu

United States
      Member #51269
      April 3, 2007
      529 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2007, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

IMHO, there is no code, never will be, and the lotteries will never be beaten by a program someone has written.  The games are meant to be random, and you can't beat random.

We'll see about that.  I've won a prize in every single game played since November of last year, using Gail Howard's system.  If there's a way to efficiently defeat the lottery, I will find it.

United Kingdom
        Member #31295
        January 27, 2006
        73 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2007, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, but over period of time you can spot patterns in what appears to be chaos. Also certain combinations of numbers are never drawn in some lotteries. Once you are armed with little facts like these it is possible to increase your chance of winning something if not the jackpot.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7298 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2007, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

We'll see about that.  I've won a prize in every single game played since November of last year, using Gail Howard's system.  If there's a way to efficiently defeat the lottery, I will find it.

The overall odds of winning any prize in a 5/39 Pick-5 that pays $1 for matching 2 numbers is 1 in 9 so anybody with a large bank account could match Gail Howard's method playing QPs.

Surge's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
            Ohio
            United States
            Member #46493
            September 11, 2006
            4173 Posts
            Posted: May 31, 2007, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, but over period of time you can spot patterns in what appears to be chaos. Also certain combinations of numbers are never drawn in some lotteries. Once you are armed with little facts like these it is possible to increase your chance of winning something if not the jackpot.

Yes, there are patterns.  It is possible to increase your chance of winning something, if not the jackpot.  However, the subject of this thread is "will someone develop a system that will make lotteries obsolete?" 

Can it be done every time, or often... I don't think so.

Keep it simple 

Ohio
              United States
              Member #46493
              September 11, 2006
              4173 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2007, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Keep it simple 

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                Member #9517
                December 10, 2004
                1272 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2007, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

So you agree with yourself, do you...? Wink

Or did you forget to log in using another account? Roll Eyes

Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #46493
                  September 11, 2006
                  4173 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2007, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

The overall odds of winning any prize in a 5/39 Pick-5 that pays $1 for matching 2 numbers is 1 in 9 so anybody with a large bank account could match Gail Howard's method playing QPs.

I Agree!

LOL, sorry about that, I was agreeing with Stack47.

Keep it simple 

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7298 Posts
                    Posted: June 2, 2007, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Obviously no one has cracked the "code" yet because lotteries are still around and have been around for years and years. Look how far computers and software have come just within these last 10 years or so. But as time goes on and computers and software get more advanced,do you think it's just a matter of time before someone develops a way to win all the time,sells it on the market, and eventually put the lotteries out of business? Or would some higher power never let it get that far?

"But as time goes on and computers and software get more advanced,do you think it's just a matter of time before someone develops a way to win all the time,"

The Numbers Game has been around for many many years so unless an advanced computer or software could find something that's been overlooked by millions and millions of players, the answer is no.  For 5/39 Pick-5 games we already have software that will consistently give us 3 or 4 numbers out of 16 but to get them in the right combinations requires a wager of hundreds of dollars or lots of luck using a smaller "if5" wheel.

"sells it on the market, and eventually put the lotteries out of business?"

That would definitely cut into the lottery profits and when it came to the point they started losing money, they would stop selling tickets.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19823 Posts
                      Posted: June 2, 2007, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

It's no mystery how to win a lottery every time, you simply play every possible combination.  The trick is reducing those combinations down to an affordable list and still have the winning combination on it.

I've been working on rules to reduce that list without eliminating the winner and it's still not affordable.  Here are some of those rules, they're not 100% but they're are 95%+ most of the time.

1.  Eliminate combinations that have already hit
                      2.  Eliminate combinations that have matched 5 in the last 1500 drawings.
                      3.  Eliminate combinations that have matched 4 in the last 500 drawings.
                      4.  Eliminate combinations that have matched 3 in the last 50 drawings.
                      5.  Eliminate combinations that have matched 2 in the last 5 drawings.

I have others and every combinations I've post on the prediction board have met these parameters, it just that I only post part of the list due to the limitations of the prediction board.  I'm still working on which part of the list is the most productive.  I doubt if the list will ever be less than 1000 even for a 5/39 game.  For games like PowerBall and MegaMillions, if you're satisfied with a 0+1 or better then the list can be less than 50 combinations.  Anyone can start out with the big list so everyone who plays have the potential to win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5118 Posts
                        Posted: June 14, 2007, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

VOTED................NOPE.................."it will never HAPPEN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but,.....................DO.....................any of u remember about a GROUP

PSYKOMO said, was .....................putting old computer's together in

a GROUP of thousand'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss???

The building is NOW......................FULLY>>>>AIR>>>>CONDITONED!

LOL

PSYKOMO

BUT, if someone could write "good soft"

to go with ALL this  horsepowr

'it may produce win'

LOL                                                     QP's are easy & $$$$$$$

PSYKOMO