Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Things to avoid as a new Lottery jackpot winner.

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 10 years ago by dream200.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #26330
November 16, 2005
330 Posts
Posted: June 13, 2007, 4:19 am - IP Logged

Avoid letting people tell you how to live your life! Remember when you are RICH you aren't crazy or insane your just EXCENTRIC!Smile   Avoid  rash decisions,  think things through especially big financial decisions.   

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
    Member #4121
    March 23, 2004
    817 Posts
    Posted: June 13, 2007, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Avoid - walking alone. Hire some bodyguards. 

Party

Westerose
      Canada
      Member #52915
      June 15, 2007
      189 Posts
      Posted: June 15, 2007, 3:08 am - IP Logged

avoid Charities and giving money to others.

Seriously if you look at what really messed up people like Edwards and Whitiker it was giving to Charities haphazardly or promising to charities haphazardly.

also wild tipping........ IE Edwards "standard tip is a 1000"  if you eat at resturants 100 times that 100000 right there...  most people would be happy with say 20% or 30% tip from a lotto winner..  1000 a pop is just plain stupid.

Ole Jack gave 40 Million to churches and then some of those churches sued him cos he ran out of money to give them the rest he promised to them.....

My policy will be anyone who asks for money won't get it even if I was going to donate to them before they ask.  Soon as they ask then they are blacklisted.

If you must donate to charities just donate don't make promises to donate....... because if you can't fullfill them then they can sue you and will. It's happened quite a few Lottery winners.

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
        Member #4121
        March 23, 2004
        817 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2007, 10:39 pm - IP Logged

avoid Charities and giving money to others.

Seriously if you look at what really messed up people like Edwards and Whitiker it was giving to Charities haphazardly or promising to charities haphazardly.

also wild tipping........ IE Edwards "standard tip is a 1000"  if you eat at resturants 100 times that 100000 right there...  most people would be happy with say 20% or 30% tip from a lotto winner..  1000 a pop is just plain stupid.

Ole Jack gave 40 Million to churches and then some of those churches sued him cos he ran out of money to give them the rest he promised to them.....

My policy will be anyone who asks for money won't get it even if I was going to donate to them before they ask.  Soon as they ask then they are blacklisted.

If you must donate to charities just donate don't make promises to donate....... because if you can't fullfill them then they can sue you and will. It's happened quite a few Lottery winners.

I Agree! 

Avoid - opening your mouth. 

china
          United States
          Member #50326
          March 3, 2007
          33 Posts
          Posted: June 21, 2007, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

relatives and so called friends who didn't communicate with you before the big win but all of a sudden are visiting and calling you more.