Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If You Win The Jacpot In A Large Lottery.

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2007, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

My answer would be the same as all the other 143 posts asking the same question....LOL

Play 41-4-3-2Fri, Jun 22, 2007Every DaySat, Jun 23, 2007

Strange indeed...

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2007, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

My answer would be the same as all the other 143 posts asking the same question....LOL

If I only put the word "Too" after the last word "Question"

The word "Too" is exactly like the number "TWO" in sound.

143 too...two....get it? 1432?   Weird!!!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
      Harbinger
      D.C./MD.
      United States
      Member #44103
      July 30, 2006
      5583 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2007, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

A fool? You don't understand. I WANT to be the owner of a multi-billion dollar company. You can't call me a fool. I'm a very ambitious person, an entrepreneur. I am in the middle of building a prototype of a product that I want to put on the market. I think it will be a hit product too. As popular as telephones, TVs, and computers. As far as the trip to Las Vegas goes and the Corvette, I haven't had ability to enjoy such things. I'm not going to Vegas to gamble away a bunch of money. I'm going to have fun. Also, calling me obsessive for wanting to be a billionaire after winning the lottery is totally non-valid because owning my own business and becoming a billionaire is one of my goals right NOW. Winning the lottery would just speed up the process. I'm a 21 year old who is very creative, has many skills, and has a long road ahead, not some 50 year old fart who's saved up a $50,000 401K. Know the facts before calling someone a fool.

You go Guru.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5583 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2007, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

lol yeah people will answer this one where it is flacid and lacking of details

That's not a polite thing to say about people's threads, we could say the same about yours. Just as pac and DD stated, this topic has been done to death.

People can't seem to give a detailed summery of what they would do with a huge lottery win. 

Of course not, how can you? People's lives change all the time and by the time you or anyone else wins a jackpot, who knows where you will be in your life and what's going on that will dictate how you spend it?

lottolaughs I Agree! I think manzy got a bit of the scrapies. 

Inspection time.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7302 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2007, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

If I only put the word "Too" after the last word "Question"

The word "Too" is exactly like the number "TWO" in sound.

143 too...two....get it? 1432?   Weird!!!

OMG!

1432 hit straight in the Lower Mongolia Pick-4 today and somebody won a 2-humped camel.

Westerose
            Canada
            Member #52915
            June 15, 2007
            189 Posts
            Posted: June 23, 2007, 1:29 am - IP Logged

lol yeah people will answer this one where it is flacid and lacking of details

That's not a polite thing to say about people's threads, we could say the same about yours. Just as pac and DD stated, this topic has been done to death.

People can't seem to give a detailed summery of what they would do with a huge lottery win. 

Of course not, how can you? People's lives change all the time and by the time you or anyone else wins a jackpot, who knows where you will be in your life and what's going on that will dictate how you spend it?

I've never claimed to be polite lol

But I can give a detailed summery of how I would spend 10 million detailed and down to the dime if you like. Because my dreams are not dependent on winning the lottery, what the lottery would do is make things go alot quicker.

If people are into the whole visualization thing or even the whole secret thing then making a detailed dream plan is a valid exercise for them.  So therefore the idea I proposed hasn't been done to death and is valid.

Westerose
              Canada
              Member #52915
              June 15, 2007
              189 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2007, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Guru101

To each his own but I have to ask, why go to Vegas? What are you going to stand to win in Vegas that would even come close to a lottery jackpot? If you're going there just for the sake of 'flash' you might attract some very bad characters. 

Also, start a company so you become a billionaire. Sounds a wee bit obsessive. What then? Exapnd the compnay to become a trillionaire?

Personally the first thing I'd do is 'go to the mattesses' for a little while and take it from there. The lower the profile, if at all possible, the better.  

In some ways going to Vegas and Blowing money first off would be a good thing. As long as you don't blow too much.  Best to get the craziness out of one's system first off.    Most places advise that people spend 10% of what they win first off on stupid things to get sick of spending money. Sort of the Brewster's Millions Theory.

Of course you could go through 10% of any size jackpot fairly quickly in Vegas.

I would pry go the West Edmonton Mall and try to blow the 10% there. It would be harder there than Vegas and I am sure I would be sick of shopping when I was done.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5118 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2007, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

buy buy buy?Goof

more>>>>>>>>>>>>

"QUICK-PICKS"

WHY??????????????????????????????????????????NOT????????????

LOL....................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$$$$$$

Party         Party     PartyScaredWhite BounceWhite Bounce                 White BounceWhite Bounce                 White BounceHurray!

Westerose
                  Canada
                  Member #52915
                  June 15, 2007
                  189 Posts
                  Posted: June 24, 2007, 2:35 am - IP Logged

One thing I have always wanted to do and this would take a huge lottery jackpot or something else to do is kind of strange and wacky......

here goes.

I would like to form a dummy company that a few times a year in a few places would hire people from a Day Labour agency like Labor Ready... (Labor Ready does have alot of people who are there because they need to do the day labor thing for other reasons, but many are there cus they are messed up and can't get other work because of addiction or whatever)

So here is what I would do I would hire people for the day from Labor Ready and then do really strange things like take them to the zoo.

Get a group or their worst employees (they do know that at the agency) and a couple of their better employees.

I would have one of my people pick them up and take them to the zoo. They wouldnt know why they were going to the zoo. They would think they were there to work... but they never would work. They would just walk around looking at the animals, be bought souvenirs, bought candy and have their photos taken.  Then returned back to labor ready without an explaination.

Take a group to an amusement park and do the same as at the zoo.

Take a group to the art museum and have them have a guided tour.

Or I would take them and get them dressed up in evening clothes, take them to a fine resturant and then to a play or the opera..... all without an explaination of what was going on.

Or I would have a group come for a week to a workplace but they would just play croquette for the entire week.

Or Have days when they were taken to a building and they would have a butler and a cook and just watch Art Films or Independent Films and be served horsdourves and such all day....

All without an explaination.  Except if someone picked up a broom and started to sweep or a rag and started to dust.... then they would be told "You're not being paid to work"

Reason for doing this is because those who work hard in that type of day labor job need a break from time to time and those who don't or have drug or alcahol problems of which such places attract alot would be so confused after that experience they might go straight.. lol

That is my wildest dream of something to do with lottery winnings.

I would follow around in secret watching the mayhem lol

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: June 24, 2007, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

lol yeah people will answer this one where it is flacid and lacking of details but not one has taken the challenge of my "How much would your dreams cost?" thread.  People can't seem to give a detailed summery of what they would do with a huge lottery win. If they itemize everything and how much it cost.... they just might not have enough cash with the lottery win to do everything they plan to do.

I will not engage in any discussion with you about anything. In your other post pertaining to the justification of winning the lottery by giving to charities is the reason I won't reply.

You present a post in a lottery discussion forum, and when someone like me gives their opinion, you tell me not to read your post, if I don't like or share your idealisms. So basically, if someone doesen't support your "ideal" reasoning process, then just go somewhere else. And then, when I do go somewhere else, you follow me around provoking an answer to some other post (like the one in the above quote) you have about itemizing the cost of my dreams. Who died and made you in charge of the accountability department. You have no clue as to how and why I would spend millions of dollars.

Let's say, for argument's sake, that I did itemize my costs. I'm pretty sure you'd have something negative to say about that too. So I'll just steer away from people like you, who are never satisfied with other people's opinion, whether it makes sense in your mind or not.

It's your way or the highway. I'll take the highway.

I'm also sure, you'll have a reply to this post stating something that I said was wrong or skewed, or whatever.

BTW, I like the color blue, a light blue. Let's hear your argument about this one. I can't wait....LOL

United States
                      Member #51688
                      April 19, 2007
                      200 Posts
                      Posted: June 26, 2007, 5:15 am - IP Logged

WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH THE MONEY?

Please tell.

the  first  thing  I  would  do  is  pray  the  I  would  get  some  new  cloughs  and  a  nice  cell  phone  not  sure  if  II would  buy  a  car  gas  is  way  too  expensive ,even  for  a  millionaireMail For You

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
                        Member #15309
                        May 13, 2005
                        307 Posts
                        Posted: June 26, 2007, 5:59 am - IP Logged

the  first  thing  I  would  do  is  pray  the  I  would  get  some  new  cloughs  and  a  nice  cell  phone  not  sure  if  II would  buy  a  car  gas  is  way  too  expensive ,even  for  a  millionaireMail For You

heh, heh.  tried not to laugh, but I did.

Sun Smiley             

csfb's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg

United States
                          Member #15309
                          May 13, 2005
                          307 Posts
                          Posted: June 26, 2007, 6:03 am - IP Logged

If I win the jackpot, what would I do?  Gosh, this question has been asked so many times, and everytime it is asked, I reply.  What's the matter with me?

Sun Smiley             

luckypunk's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                            hesperia ca
                            United States
                            Member #51533
                            April 13, 2007
                            44 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2007, 10:26 am - IP Logged

i would wait a couple days soak it in, then make a list of the most important bills to pay and family members to bless, then i would claim it, and spoil myself, kids and husband with a three day vacation, then probably get back and look into opening our business which has been a dream for a while.  oh and cant forget to remodel my kitchen. and that's it. no fancy cars, no mink coats, no over the top crap.  thats not me.  so that is what I "think" i would do 1st.

luckypunk's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
                              hesperia ca
                              United States
                              Member #51533
                              April 13, 2007
                              44 Posts
                              Posted: June 26, 2007, 10:27 am - IP Logged

If I win the jackpot, what would I do?  Gosh, this question has been asked so many times, and everytime it is asked, I reply.  What's the matter with me?

i think what is wrong with you is that you "BELIVE" you will win that is why you reply:)