Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If You Win The Jacpot In A Large Lottery.

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Westerose
Canada
Member #52915
June 15, 2007
189 Posts
Posted: June 29, 2007, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Define yourself in pm's or blogs - please!!!

even if You define yourself in say blogs people are gonna take issue with anything they disagree with.  From experience even on a website that belongs to me people have told me not to express myself in blogs even.....      funny thing is well if they don't like my blog then why oh why did they post on it.

Thing is this is a place for discussions about the lottery. There are those who want to discuss certian things and there are those who want to discuss other things.

Just maybe it should not have a public option for this forum if people can't handle people actually discussing things.

I've know people in the past who set up private sites because they were mad at people's opinions in public chat rooms.....      they set it up and then invite all these people saying that it will be better cos they won't have to deal with spammers or whatever.... then they end up banning everyone they invited eventually cos they can't handle them having opinions as well.

Person sets up a site about the lottery and then expect people not to talk about aspects of the lottery is rediculas.  I've been talking about the lottery here. Not the daily games but the lottery. It's not like I am posting stuff about Hockey here or Baking or anything inappropriate.

So maybe the place should be private so that the established membership won't be offended by others posting on here. That happens and the site dies and I really doubt the owner of the site wants that.  That's the reality of it all.

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: June 29, 2007, 1:26 am - IP Logged

Why would somebody who just won a large jackpot need life insurance?

If you are very wealthy, the reason to buy a large insurance policy is to leave a tax free gift to your loved ones.  Now I realize that, although there is no income tax on life insurance, there is estate tax.  However, many people buy insurance policies to help their beneficiaries pay off the estate tax when they die by paying the premiums to a trust.  If the premiums are paid to an irrevocable trust, then the policy is not considered to be part of your estate.  Most people don't use these unless they have estates worth millions and they need a tax loophole.  It's perfectly legal too. 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: June 29, 2007, 1:41 am - IP Logged

"not some 50 year old fart who's saved up a $50,000 401K."

Guru, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't categorize someone in her 50s as an "old fart." 

Westerose
        Canada
        Member #52915
        June 15, 2007
        189 Posts
        Posted: June 29, 2007, 2:56 am - IP Logged

"not some 50 year old fart who's saved up a $50,000 401K."

Guru, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't categorize someone in her 50s as an "old fart." 

funny thing about it is that some younger people act more like the definition of an "old fart" than some older people do.

especially people who are now between say 37 and 54 for some reason.....  In fact I was just talking to my wife about how lucky we were to be born between 1958 and 1968...  a sparkling 10 year period that created alot of people with some weird attitudes and such that hasn't been repeated since.

I really feel that people born around that time period have a freer mindset than people that came before or after in some senses.

We were the first generation to have a war bombared to us in living colour on television, television in the 1960s and early 1970s during our formative years was very heavily influenced by LSD 25 (Acid) and was very strange and weird.  Our teachers in some cases were Hippies and BeatNicks and were trying out their wacky theories for education on us. All of these were put on us in our formative years before anyone could realize it  was happening and "save us from it".  I think we didn't need to be "saved from it" I think we benefitted from it.

I don't think of a person in their 50s as being an old fart because of this.....        but I know alot of 20 somethings that are very very uptight.....  lol to rediculas extremes...

How can a generation that grew up with Beatnicks and Hippies for Teachers even in grade school and with such weirdness on television as Green Acres, Gilligan's Island, The Beverly Hillbillies, Lost in Space, and The Monkees be uptight?  or "old farts" unless our memory has been wiped clean of the weirdness of our "wonder years"

You live a life of abundance! You have won the lottery! Belief creates reality! Believe!

Malcira03's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
          Fort Lauderdale
          United States
          Member #53059
          June 22, 2007
          5 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2007, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Immediately after claiming my jackpot, I would buy a brand new Corvette Z06 and take a cross country road trip to Las Vegas. After I got home, I would look for a big house to buy. I would start my own company so I can become a billionaire. During that time I would also donate to charities. I would also invest a lot of the money towards Microsoft and Intel. All kinds of stuff.

Party like a ROCK STAR***

Fort Lauderdale
            United States
            Member #53059
            June 22, 2007
            5 Posts

Immediately after claiming my jackpot, I would buy a brand new Corvette Z06 and take a cross country road trip to Las Vegas. After I got home, I would look for a big house to buy. I would start my own company so I can become a billionaire. During that time I would also donate to charities. I would also invest a lot of the money towards Microsoft and Intel. All kinds of stuff.

Fort Lauderdale
              United States
              Member #53059
              June 22, 2007
              5 Posts

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: June 29, 2007, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Yeah- party like a rock star, sure, like this?:

My Maserati does 185

I lost my license and now I don't drive.... 

Guru

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but in the grand scheme of things you're going to be one of those "50 year old "old farts" " before you know it.

Well, there is 12 -21- 2012 to get by, but... 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.