Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Those "raffle" lottery games

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 9 years ago by tnlotto1.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Coastal Georgia
United States
Member #2653
October 30, 2003
1866 Posts
Posted: July 5, 2007, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Okay - just checked my FL Raffle ticket.  1486641

Timing is everything.  I bought my ticket on July 1 at 3:26

Looking at the winning numbers, one winner in Miami (lots of winners there) bought his ticket about an hour after I did, judging from the amount that was being sold.  They sold out at 8:44 and there were 13,359 left when I bought mine.  So about 2,500 an hour were being sold that day.

Of course, I didn't mention that it was exactly at 15:26:26 so someone who bought a ticket at 15:26:28 could have won too.  I think I prefer losing a regular lottery game more!  Just a buck and I'm never that close and when I am, at least I get something back. 

Hope an LP member won something.  I was hoping for $10,000.  Sad

I'm sorry you did not win  JXP- maybe next time...who knows ?

My FL ticket was 846066 and it appears it wasn't even close...

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4529 Posts
    Posted: July 5, 2007, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

I too was rootin for JXP to hit for moola! There are just some folks here that contribute to post and contribute in a positive manner :) JXP is one of them that I wish good karma in winnings!

PA is down to 80k tickets yet, so it will be close to see if they do sell out.

I did notice that with the Njersey raffle out of 500,000 tickets they didnt have any big winners in the 400,000 . So maybe its an omen to buy before the last 100,000 are sold.

Maryland isnt looking to swift on hitting its new target date for the draw, wonder if they'll reschedule as well.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2007, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

I too was rootin for JXP to hit for moola! There are just some folks here that contribute to post and contribute in a positive manner :) JXP is one of them that I wish good karma in winnings!

PA is down to 80k tickets yet, so it will be close to see if they do sell out.

I did notice that with the Njersey raffle out of 500,000 tickets they didnt have any big winners in the 400,000 . So maybe its an omen to buy before the last 100,000 are sold.

Maryland isnt looking to swift on hitting its new target date for the draw, wonder if they'll reschedule as well.

Thanks, GameGrl!  I am touched and humbled.

Delaware
        United States
        Member #30273
        January 14, 2006
        494 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2007, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Are these raffles even worth it? I'm surrounded by 3 states having them (plus was in NY and VA while theirs were going on) and I didn't buy a single ticket for any of them. $20 is just a bit too much to drop on these things. I do treat myself occasionally to a $20 Win for Life ticket in New York, but that's not often I get there.

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
          Member #4121
          March 23, 2004
          817 Posts
          Posted: July 5, 2007, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

Hey, you never know.... NY lottery

NY raffle the odds of winning $1 million are 1 of 107,000.  Party

The odds are awesome compared with scratch offs and Pb and MM. Well worth the $20 investment.  IMO 

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
            Florence, Alabama
            United States
            Member #8658
            November 13, 2004
            1993 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2007, 1:29 am - IP Logged

They went past the break-even point when they sold the 322,836th ticket and now sold close to 600,000 so the drawing will probably be on the planned time and date. It's weird how some states have no problem selling out quickly and and other states can't give them away.

Yeah, I think about how fast the 1st raffle in Ky sold out and that the ticket was a lot more. Now they have a $5.00 raffle ticket and can't even give them away with promotions. I wonder if they could have sold out if they sold 1,000,000 tickets with 2 one millions top prizes then the current 500,000 tickets and 2 $500,000 top prize.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

wyoming, michigan
              United States
              Member #53058
              June 22, 2007
              637 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2007, 4:14 am - IP Logged

Just for your info, I bought one of the $50.00 dollar tickets and was 20 tickets away from $100,000.  Now you might say one ticket or ten thousand you still did not have a winning ticket.  Well you are right unless i have a winner it is still a loser.  You tell me one game that the odds are one in 125,000 for 2 million dollars?  I live in mich and the raffle for $20.00 has 6 one million dollar winners guaranteed!  That is one in one hundred thousand.  All prizes are going to be won as long as you dont lose your Tic.  I play scratch offs also and the only tickets i buy are a ten dollar game the reason being, it has 10 one million dollar winners.  Six have been won and there are still four more one million winners left as of today.  The ten dollar ticket also has a second chance drawing on the first thurs of each month thru nov 07, for one thousand dollars.  I have 5 of the $20.00 tickets and i may not win anything but games of chance are just that games of chance.  You cant win if you dont get in.  Milottery Player this is DLD good luck!!!!

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                nashville
                United States
                Member #49896
                February 18, 2007
                1181 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2007, 10:28 am - IP Logged

Just for your info, I bought one of the $50.00 dollar tickets and was 20 tickets away from $100,000.  Now you might say one ticket or ten thousand you still did not have a winning ticket.  Well you are right unless i have a winner it is still a loser.  You tell me one game that the odds are one in 125,000 for 2 million dollars?  I live in mich and the raffle for $20.00 has 6 one million dollar winners guaranteed!  That is one in one hundred thousand.  All prizes are going to be won as long as you dont lose your Tic.  I play scratch offs also and the only tickets i buy are a ten dollar game the reason being, it has 10 one million dollar winners.  Six have been won and there are still four more one million winners left as of today.  The ten dollar ticket also has a second chance drawing on the first thurs of each month thru nov 07, for one thousand dollars.  I have 5 of the $20.00 tickets and i may not win anything but games of chance are just that games of chance.  You cant win if you dont get in.  Milottery Player this is DLD good luck!!!!

you were close dld1961 better luck next raffle

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #49896
                  February 18, 2007
                  1181 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2007, 10:29 am - IP Logged

Yeah, I think about how fast the 1st raffle in Ky sold out and that the ticket was a lot more. Now they have a $5.00 raffle ticket and can't even give them away with promotions. I wonder if they could have sold out if they sold 1,000,000 tickets with 2 one millions top prizes then the current 500,000 tickets and 2 $500,000 top prize.

i dont know why this raffle is less popular than the last one they had but it is. i hope they can sell out this month

Delaware
                    United States
                    Member #30273
                    January 14, 2006
                    494 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2007, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

i dont know why this raffle is less popular than the last one they had but it is. i hope they can sell out this month

In my opinion: Burnout. Look how many states are having them at the same time. Pennsylvania tried to concept and everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon. People are just tired of them.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                      nashville
                      United States
                      Member #49896
                      February 18, 2007
                      1181 Posts
                      Posted: July 6, 2007, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

In my opinion: Burnout. Look how many states are having them at the same time. Pennsylvania tried to concept and everyone else is jumping on the bandwagon. People are just tired of them.

michigan is the place where you dont see raffle burnout. they can have one every month up there and sell out everytime it seems...

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: July 6, 2007, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

Wow less than 10,000 left now all the sudden. Skeptical PA seems to be dead on with the sell out date. Probably because the lottery themselves bought like 300,000. I just don't buy it. I got 2 though, one from the beginning and one today. I guess people all wait until the very last day to buy 90,000 tickets. Skeptical

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                          nashville
                          United States
                          Member #49896
                          February 18, 2007
                          1181 Posts
                          Posted: July 6, 2007, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

Wow less than 10,000 left now all the sudden. Skeptical PA seems to be dead on with the sell out date. Probably because the lottery themselves bought like 300,000. I just don't buy it. I got 2 though, one from the beginning and one today. I guess people all wait until the very last day to buy 90,000 tickets. Skeptical

tennessees raffle didnt sell out until the final weekend so some people think all the winners will be sold closer to the drawing date in the raffles so they wait but i dont wait because i dont want to risk missing my chance to get a ticket because of a quick sellout...