Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New page identifies problems with your web browser

Topic closed. 52 replies. Last post 9 years ago by sysp34.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
four4me's avatar - gate1
MD
United States
Member #1701
June 18, 2003
8364 Posts
Posted: July 20, 2007, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

don't know it this statement is true or not
my neighbor told me if you switch to a newer version of the windows OS. That you can still have the look and feel of the windows 98 screens and all it's functions.

I have never tried doing it because as each version of windows came out i tried to stay on top of it. At first i hated the look and feel of win xp but that feeling went away after a few days. At some point in time people with older PC's and operating systems must surly have difficulties while being on the Internet. When win 98 stopped doing updates i knew it was time for a switch as my older PC started acting up. I visit a lot of sites that have active x controls, waveblaster, macromedia flash and all sorts of fancy backgrounds.

Dial up users would have a fit it they went to Nascar.com and tried to use any of their special features.
I will never use dial up again.

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
    Member #6363
    August 20, 2004
    4064 Posts
    Posted: July 20, 2007, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

The page is not 100% accurate. It says that I have SSL disables when I have both 2.0 and SSL 3.0 turn on and the page also says that I have a dial-up connect when in fact I have broadband. I use a satellite connection. A satellite connection is considered broadband, isn't it?

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23277 Posts
      Posted: July 20, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

The page is not 100% accurate. It says that I have SSL disables when I have both 2.0 and SSL 3.0 turn on and the page also says that I have a dial-up connect when in fact I have broadband. I use a satellite connection. A satellite connection is considered broadband, isn't it?

Yes, there seems to be some problem with SSL detection for old browsers.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23277 Posts
        Posted: July 20, 2007, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

my neighbor told me if you switch to a newer version of the windows OS. That you can still have the look and feel of the windows 98 screens and all it's functions.

I have never tried doing it because as each version of windows came out i tried to stay on top of it. At first i hated the look and feel of win xp but that feeling went away after a few days. At some point in time people with older PC's and operating systems must surly have difficulties while being on the Internet. When win 98 stopped doing updates i knew it was time for a switch as my older PC started acting up. I visit a lot of sites that have active x controls, waveblaster, macromedia flash and all sorts of fancy backgrounds.

Dial up users would have a fit it they went to Nascar.com and tried to use any of their special features.
        I will never use dial up again.

That is a very practical approach.

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
          Member #6363
          August 20, 2004
          4064 Posts
          Posted: July 20, 2007, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Yes, there seems to be some problem with SSL detection for old browsers.

Todd I am using I.E. version 7.0.5730.11.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23277 Posts
            Posted: July 21, 2007, 1:31 am - IP Logged

Todd I am using I.E. version 7.0.5730.11.

Can you send me a browser report?

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
              Wentzville, Missouri
              United States
              Member #2243
              September 4, 2003
              8495 Posts
              Posted: July 21, 2007, 7:42 am - IP Logged

hey now Todd,

i really like this!  there were some issues reported with my system, and i am currently downloading an upgrade for both ie/netscape browsers.  it also said my screen was too small, i changed it to the required settings and walla-walla, i can now see my full screen in view without scrolling side to side, unlike before, the entire view looks better. 

now um a dial up kinda' gal, so i don't have dsl just yet! ;-)  now there is one issue i don't know how to fix, it's about ssl, disabling/enabling .... when it is done downloading the ie/netscape, i will send u the report, or maybe that will fix what it is i don't know a thing about.

now i know i always say, u have out done ur self, but really, u have!  this is REAL GOOD!   

thank u for all that u do!Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
              Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: July 21, 2007, 7:50 am - IP Logged

One of my warnings states that I should upgrade to IE7. What is the downside of upgrading, if any?

Thanks,

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23277 Posts
                  Posted: July 21, 2007, 7:56 am - IP Logged

hey now Todd,

i really like this!  there were some issues reported with my system, and i am currently downloading an upgrade for both ie/netscape browsers.  it also said my screen was too small, i changed it to the required settings and walla-walla, i can now see my full screen in view without scrolling side to side, unlike before, the entire view looks better. 

now um a dial up kinda' gal, so i don't have dsl just yet! ;-)  now there is one issue i don't know how to fix, it's about ssl, disabling/enabling .... when it is done downloading the ie/netscape, i will send u the report, or maybe that will fix what it is i don't know a thing about.

now i know i always say, u have out done ur self, but really, u have!  this is REAL GOOD!   

thank u for all that u do!Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

I am so happy to hear your report.  That's exactly the intent of the diagnostics -- to help you see what can be done to improve your experience here.

I think there is an issue with the SSL detection.  It may be a firewall problem.  In other words, a firewall on your PC may be blocking the report's ability to detect SSL.  I'm going to have to check into it.  The important thing is don't worry about that setting right now.  Just ignore the warning until I can get more clarification on it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23277 Posts
                    Posted: July 21, 2007, 7:59 am - IP Logged

One of my warnings states that I should upgrade to IE7. What is the downside of upgrading, if any?

Thanks,

Some people initially have a problem because it has a simpler interface, using buttons instead of lots of drop-down menus.  However, the menus are available by pressing the Alt button, so it's not a big deal.  Personally, I love the cleaner interface.

I am not aware of anything that won't work as a result of upgrading.  In fact, the only thing I have experienced is many more things that actually work correctly, and better performance.

You can always uninstall it if you don't like it, so there's no harm in trying.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: July 21, 2007, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd,

I think I downloaded it once when it first came out, and there were still some bugs in it. Then I uninstalled it.

But I'll think about re-installing it.

sysp34's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        Heroic City
                        Indonesia
                        Member #31689
                        February 2, 2006
                        1153 Posts
                        Posted: July 21, 2007, 8:59 am - IP Logged

four4me,

you can change the look of feel win98 if your ram less than 256 MB

Right-click anywhere on the taskbar where there isn't an icon and choose properties:

Next, click on the Start Menu tab at the top, then choose "Classic Start menu". Click OK to apply and save your changes.

by doing this your computer should be little bit faster although i can't see any different LOL

Et erunt signa in sole.......Et luna et stellis.......Et presura gentium
                        Prae confusione sonitus maris.

sysp34's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                          Heroic City
                          Indonesia
                          Member #31689
                          February 2, 2006
                          1153 Posts
                          Posted: July 21, 2007, 9:11 am - IP Logged

I use a satellite connection. A satellite connection is considered broadband, isn't it?

DA

is it T1 connection? and how fast when surfing any website? well one thing the different between broadband and dial up is the download file and upload must be the same maybe around 128 kbps is it?

for example the cyber cafe which is i use to get online use 386 kbps but on LP diagnostics it said dialup so there must be something wrong with "claiming 386 kbps" mostly in real connection it down to 56 kbps :(( but the good news is the download file it faster than dialup

Et erunt signa in sole.......Et luna et stellis.......Et presura gentium
                          Prae confusione sonitus maris.

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23277 Posts
                            Posted: July 21, 2007, 10:00 am - IP Logged

I use a satellite connection. A satellite connection is considered broadband, isn't it?

DA

is it T1 connection? and how fast when surfing any website? well one thing the different between broadband and dial up is the download file and upload must be the same maybe around 128 kbps is it?

for example the cyber cafe which is i use to get online use 386 kbps but on LP diagnostics it said dialup so there must be something wrong with "claiming 386 kbps" mostly in real connection it down to 56 kbps :(( but the good news is the download file it faster than dialup

Satellite connections sometimes use dial-up for uploads (or any type of "send", such as requesting a web page).  Think about it:  how is your satellite dish going to send information? It is only a receiver of information.  Therefore, I'm not sure it qualifies as "broadband", at least in the strict sense of the word.

New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #53569
                              July 11, 2007
                              2 Posts
                              Posted: July 21, 2007, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations, your browser passed all tests, and your computer is configured for the best possible experience at Lottery Post

Now, I feel----GOOD!  Disney