Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TENNESSEE LOTTERY-e mail response to computerized drawings

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 9 years ago by tnlotto1.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7344 Posts
Posted: July 26, 2007, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

The excitement of the drawings I guess is going to be those colorful animated drawings which don't mean squat. Garbage in = garbage out.

The next time I go to Tennessee, which to date has been once in my life, I'll stick with scratch-offs, IF ANYTHING.

They would have a better chance of selling their "exciting idea" to the players if they showed the actual drawing possibly using "colorful animated drawings'. But it looks like their "exciting plan" is to have the computer pick the numbers behind closed doors and then let the TV stations show the numbers using whatever methods their marketing department believes will draw viewers.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
    North Dakota
    United States
    Member #13397
    April 5, 2005
    1623 Posts
    Posted: July 26, 2007, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Well, that's that.  I'm glad I live 15 min from Georgia.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Enterprise, Alabama
      United States
      Member #3796
      February 21, 2004
      20 Posts
      Posted: July 26, 2007, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry for Tennessee folks who now have to put up with RNG drawings, like they do in Indiana.

I know when Tennessee announced they were getting a state lottery, some Kentucky officials were concerned because a good number of TN folks would travel here to buy lottery tickets. (IIRC I think the KY Lottery even had billboards in Nashville giving the jackpot amounts.)

I honestly hope KY NEVER goes to RNG drawings, at least only for raffles, etc. If KY stays RNG-free, perhaps the TN folks will return to buy lottery tickets here. Approve

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
        nashville
        United States
        Member #49896
        February 18, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: July 26, 2007, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm sorry for Tennessee folks who now have to put up with RNG drawings, like they do in Indiana.

I know when Tennessee announced they were getting a state lottery, some Kentucky officials were concerned because a good number of TN folks would travel here to buy lottery tickets. (IIRC I think the KY Lottery even had billboards in Nashville giving the jackpot amounts.)

I honestly hope KY NEVER goes to RNG drawings, at least only for raffles, etc. If KY stays RNG-free, perhaps the TN folks will return to buy lottery tickets here. Approve

the kentucky lottery still advertises on the radio here in tennessee. i heard an ad for the kentucky powerball today.

Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
          nashville
          United States
          Member #4990
          June 8, 2004
          1376 Posts
          Posted: July 26, 2007, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

We appreciate your comments but the decision has been made to go to an exciting way to hold our drawings using the latest in automated technology, joining numerous lotteries throughout the world that use similar computerization.

Cash 3, Cash 4, Lotto 5 and Hot Trax drawings will be conducted at the Tennessee Lottery's headquarters in Nashville using one of two automated drawing machines. These are stand-alone computers that operate as random number generators. A random number generator consists of highly secure computerized systems that generate numbers in a random manner, with no human involvement. In fact, Tennessee currently uses a random number generator to select winning numbers for our Hot Trax Champions drawings, and also for our recent Million $ Madness drawing.
          As always, the drawings are videotaped. Once the winning numbers are drawn, they are transferred for broadcast to the viewing public to our partner television stations throughout the state.

Within a few weeks of launching the new drawings, they will be archived (one week's worth at a time) and available for viewing on our website.

-----
          This email is in response to the comment below:
          I was very saddened by what I read that lotto in Tn is going computerized.
          I have been a very strong player in the past and feel as though I have paid for several college tutions on my own, however I will not play if it goes to computerized drawings and will also try to get everyone I know to not play, we had a good thing going, but you are trying to ruin it.

-----
          You may reply to this message by clicking the link below
          http://www.tnlottery.com/contactus/contact.aspx

nashville
            United States
            Member #4990
            June 8, 2004
            1376 Posts
            Posted: July 26, 2007, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

We appreciate your comments but the decision has been made to go to an exciting way to hold our drawings using the latest in automated technology, joining numerous lotteries throughout the world that use similar computerization.

Cash 3, Cash 4, Lotto 5 and Hot Trax drawings will be conducted at the Tennessee Lottery's headquarters in Nashville using one of two automated drawing machines. These are stand-alone computers that operate as random number generators. A random number generator consists of highly secure computerized systems that generate numbers in a random manner, with no human involvement. In fact, Tennessee currently uses a random number generator to select winning numbers for our Hot Trax Champions drawings, and also for our recent Million $ Madness drawing.
            As always, the drawings are videotaped. Once the winning numbers are drawn, they are transferred for broadcast to the viewing public to our partner television stations throughout the state.

Within a few weeks of launching the new drawings, they will be archived (one week's worth at a time) and available for viewing on our website.

-----
            This email is in response to the comment below:
            I was very saddened by what I read that lotto in Tn is going computerized.
            I have been a very strong player in the past and feel as though I have paid for several college tutions on my own, however I will not play if it goes to computerized drawings and will also try to get everyone I know to not play, we had a good thing going, but you are trying to ruin it.

-----
            You may reply to this message by clicking the link below
            http://www.tnlottery.com/contactus/contact.aspx

Their response to my email

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: July 26, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

We appreciate your comments but the decision has been made to go to an exciting way to hold our drawings using the latest in automated technology, joining numerous lotteries throughout the world that use similar computerization.  These begin this Saturday, July 28.

Puke

Perhaps Tennessee will make their new slogan after the line in the movie "Goodfellas"

Tenneesee Lottery.

F--K You. Play Me. 

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

North Dakota
                United States
                Member #13397
                April 5, 2005
                1623 Posts
                Posted: July 26, 2007, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

I was at a busy retailer today and told the clerks what they were doing.  They are actually telling their customers about it and most aren't happy.  (Went back after a few hours).  However, I'm not going to say where it is because the TN lottery wouldn't be happy with this retailer.  I'm doing all I can and I hope that the lottery crashes and burns!!!! 

JAP69's avatar - alas
                  South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #6
                  November 4, 2001
                  8797 Posts
                  Posted: July 26, 2007, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps the state lottery is keeping track of the pick 3 and 4 payouts.

There could be a few people thru out the state that are buying winning numbers in multiples at one or more stores. Those 20 and 50 dollar players.

There has been mentioned on the forums about Tenn big winners.

The state could afford to loose 50 thou a day in sales to offset these winners who have figured  out the ball drawings.

Oo'Ka

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                    nashville
                    United States
                    Member #49896
                    February 18, 2007
                    1181 Posts
                    Posted: July 27, 2007, 12:25 am - IP Logged

I was at a busy retailer today and told the clerks what they were doing.  They are actually telling their customers about it and most aren't happy.  (Went back after a few hours).  However, I'm not going to say where it is because the TN lottery wouldn't be happy with this retailer.  I'm doing all I can and I hope that the lottery crashes and burns!!!! 

im glad they are telling everyone because the people who dont know about LP may not understand about RNG so its good to get the word out to the uninformed players

North Dakota
                      United States
                      Member #13397
                      April 5, 2005
                      1623 Posts
                      Posted: July 27, 2007, 11:47 am - IP Logged

Yeah, that why I told them.  The cashiers are my friends and I told them about the boycott and they almost flipped when I told them why I was boycotting.  Again, I don't want to say the store name or locations because I don't want them to get in trouble.  However, people will see their evilness.

Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                        Clarksville
                        United States
                        Member #487
                        July 15, 2002
                        17638 Posts
                        Posted: July 27, 2007, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

I am not going to say that I won't play TN's P3 or P4 because of the RNG.  I personally feel that in the long run, it won't matter.  Stats are stats and in the end, the stats will bear out regardless of how they draw.  Maybe we will finally get to see those double 1's that have been out for over 355 draws under the current system.  Personally, I look forward to it.  It will just be another challenge to overcome.

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

nashville
                          United States
                          Member #4990
                          June 8, 2004
                          1376 Posts
                          Posted: July 27, 2007, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

I am not going to say that I won't play TN's P3 or P4 because of the RNG.  I personally feel that in the long run, it won't matter.  Stats are stats and in the end, the stats will bear out regardless of how they draw.  Maybe we will finally get to see those double 1's that have been out for over 355 draws under the current system.  Personally, I look forward to it.  It will just be another challenge to overcome.

Thats a new way for me to view things and I laughed and said the same thing about double iis thanks for this.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
                            San Angelo, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #1097
                            January 31, 2003
                            1405 Posts
                            Posted: July 27, 2007, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

I don't have the time to do an indepth search, but computer drawings have been around for a long time. It's a steam roller that can't be stopped, IMHO.

Everytime a state a switches, numerous players object - to no avail.

Unfortunately, not one computer RNG state has said - oops!, we made a mistake and are going back to the balls.

The reality is that if we like to play the lottery for entertainment, we have to accept that the states are running a monopoly and can do anything they please. Losing a few players won't make a difference.

I'm not so sure that computer drawings is inherently a bad thing. I track several computer lotteries and have used the results to select winning numbers, not jackpots. Course, data from ball machines don't provide jackpots, either. At least, not yet!!  LOL

Every regular player has a method for generting their own numbers. There are thousands of LP posts giving details on how to predict winners.

I think players who rely on 'substitute systems' - as I do - don't really care how the numbers are generated. The important thing is that the selection process is standard.

Have a good one!

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                              Florence, Alabama
                              United States
                              Member #8658
                              November 13, 2004
                              1993 Posts
                              Posted: August 3, 2007, 11:09 am - IP Logged

It's a shame that most players in TN didn't even know that they had changed the way the numbers were drawn. The only thing they knew was that the draw time had changed. I wished they posted it on the news and in newspapers. I really want this to fail. I feel sorry for those who live in Nashville and places where you can't play another states lottery. I'm glad I live about 4 miles from Kentucky. I said before that the only way I'de play TN was online now, but I can't even see myself doing that.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!