Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

TENNESSEE LOTTERY-e mail response to computerized drawings

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 9 years ago by tnlotto1.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
tnlotto1's avatar - logo
nashville
United States
Member #49896
February 18, 2007
1181 Posts
Posted: August 3, 2007, 11:35 am - IP Logged

It's a shame that most players in TN didn't even know that they had changed the way the numbers were drawn. The only thing they knew was that the draw time had changed. I wished they posted it on the news and in newspapers. I really want this to fail. I feel sorry for those who live in Nashville and places where you can't play another states lottery. I'm glad I live about 4 miles from Kentucky. I said before that the only way I'de play TN was online now, but I can't even see myself doing that.

i live in nashville so franklin kentucky is about 35 minutes away from me and wildwood georgia is over an hour away from me so most players here can boycott and not play or they can get in a lottery pool and one person goes to buy all the tickets in kentucky or georgia.

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
    Florence, Alabama
    United States
    Member #8658
    November 13, 2004
    1993 Posts
    Posted: August 3, 2007, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

i live in nashville so franklin kentucky is about 35 minutes away from me and wildwood georgia is over an hour away from me so most players here can boycott and not play or they can get in a lottery pool and one person goes to buy all the tickets in kentucky or georgia.

I remember before TN had a lottery and some guy near Nashville, I think it was Gallatin won the Powerball for around 89 mil. He had a girl from work come up to Oak Grove, KY and buy tickets. I remember it because the drawing before he won I hit 4 numbers and the powerball. My wife was upset because the number I missed was 40 and I had 04. I wish I could hit like that now since they have the power play and the pay out on it has gone up from 5,000 to 10,000.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: August 3, 2007, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I read with interest the e-mail response from the Tennessee Lottery. I am wondering why they insist on calling the fake drawings "exciting". 

Are they through trying to insult my intelligence (and that of every resident of Tennessee)?

Anyone with half a brain knows that watching a drawing that really takes place in the real world, with colored balls bouncing around and being selected, is what is exciting.  People actually tune in for it. 

Are they trying to say that watching someone press a button on their keyboard is more exciting?  Or exciting at all?

These are despicable tactics on their part.  It is taking something that is completely untrue, and stating it as fact again and again until their lie becomes real.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Georgia
        United States
        Member #49384
        January 29, 2007
        113 Posts
        Posted: August 3, 2007, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

Are we going to have to twist your arm to get you to play the GA lottery? GA ain't computerized.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
          nashville
          United States
          Member #49896
          February 18, 2007
          1181 Posts
          Posted: August 3, 2007, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

I remember before TN had a lottery and some guy near Nashville, I think it was Gallatin won the Powerball for around 89 mil. He had a girl from work come up to Oak Grove, KY and buy tickets. I remember it because the drawing before he won I hit 4 numbers and the powerball. My wife was upset because the number I missed was 40 and I had 04. I wish I could hit like that now since they have the power play and the pay out on it has gone up from 5,000 to 10,000.

i remember when that happened it was my senior year of high school so it was fall 1995 or spring 1996 and i was happy someone from nashville won because it gave me hope i would win one day when i was old enough to start playing. that guy who won worked for the VA hospital i think and he went into hiding so he didnt want alot of press and people knowing where he moved to or asking him for money.  i had a relative who played back then but never won any real money.

cnchsound's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
            Nassau
            Bahamas
            Member #25282
            November 4, 2005
            2787 Posts
            Posted: August 3, 2007, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

We appreciate your comments but the decision has been made to go to an exciting way to hold our drawings using the latest in automated technology, joining numerous lotteries throughout the world that use similar computerization.  These begin this Saturday, July 28.

Cash 3, Cash 4, Lotto 5 and Hot Trax drawings will be conducted at the Tennessee Lottery's headquarters in Nashville using one of two automated drawing machines. These are stand-alone computers that operate as random number generators. A random number generator consists of highly secure computerized systems that generate numbers in a random manner, with no human involvement. In fact, Tennessee currently uses a random number generator to select winning numbers for our Hot Trax Champions drawings, and also for our recent Million $ Madness drawing.
            As always, the drawings are videotaped. Once the winning numbers are drawn, they are transferred for broadcast to the viewing public to our partner television stations throughout the state.

Within a few weeks of launching the new drawings, they will be archived (one week's worth at a time) and available for viewing on our website.

Puke

what can be execiting about a

computer spitting out numbers

that can be rigged to put out the

numbers with the fewest amount

of bets. on the other hand watching

the balls spit out your first two (P3) 

numbers and sitting on the edge

of your chair waiting for the third

one to come up.........get real

Tennessee

Cnchsound

To be loved, be lovable.            Ovid.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: August 3, 2007, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Are we going to have to twist your arm to get you to play the GA lottery? GA ain't computerized.

i drive back down when my future megamillions ticket runs out so ill be back down there sometime next week to buy another future megamillions and some future fantasy 5 tickets. ill be happy to make that long drive now that tennessee has gone RNG