Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

In the ongoing quick picks discussions...

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 9 years ago by guesser.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19817 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2007, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Maybe 575, 757reasons!

I guess what I'm trying to say is it's kind of like the parable of the workers in the vineyard- in that Bible story the last guy to show up and work only a short time got paid as much as those who worked all day.

So, parelling that, people track results, analyze, plot, scheme, work out odds / evens. "hot" and "cold" numbers - and someone else walks in, gets a Quick Pick, and hits the jackpot. 

The difference is people who track results, analyze, plot, scheme, work out odds / evens. "hot" and "cold" numbers choose to do it thinking it will give them an edge and they're working for themselves.  If the extra effort isn't paying off they can choose to stop. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: September 13, 2007, 4:46 pm - IP Logged

The difference is people who track results, analyze, plot, scheme, work out odds / evens. "hot" and "cold" numbers choose to do it thinking it will give them an edge and they're working for themselves.  If the extra effort isn't paying off they can choose to stop. 

I've already proven to myself that there are ways to get a very good edge on Pick5 and Pick 6 games. I'm also not concerned with proving it to others because just like everyone else playing the lottery, I'm in it for MYSELF. As long as I believe my system works, that's all that matters.

Gonna win.Big Smile

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19817 Posts
      Posted: September 17, 2007, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

I've already proven to myself that there are ways to get a very good edge on Pick5 and Pick 6 games. I'm also not concerned with proving it to others because just like everyone else playing the lottery, I'm in it for MYSELF. As long as I believe my system works, that's all that matters.

I've also done the same using facts and observations of previous lottery drawings. 

When I share an ideas with others at LP I'm not trying to prove anything but I am interested in their opinions.  I'm even more interested if their opinions are based on the same facts and observations I based my ideas.  People look at the same data sometime and come to different conclusions.

Evil Looking       

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: September 17, 2007, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Always there are very many more people playing quick picks than those who play their own numbers.

Most of those who play their own numbers DO NOT pick their own numbers according to a "SOUND" system or method based on the game's statistics, that is based on the statistics of the numbers and their patterns.

That means that most people who play their own numbers ARE NOT increasing their chances of winning, their own numbers are just as good as quick picks and have just about the same chance of winning.

But the fact still is that MOST of those playing buy quick picks and so therefore those who win, win with quick picks.

It is all a matter of statistics, buy quick picks so win with quick picks.

On a jackpot kind of game the odds againt the players are just too high for even good systems players to win more than just some of the lower prizes.

Yes, those few "Good" system players don't very often win jackpots, but they win lower prizes a lot more often than those people who buy quick picks or who pick their own numbers, but not according to the games statistics.

I repeat:

Most who play buy quick picks.

Most who pick their own numbers (Very few people), don't pick them according to a statistical system based on the patterns of the past draws (Past winning numbers).

So most who win jackpots bought quick picks.

It is all a matter of statistics.

Good system players win more lower prizes and more often than other players.

Simple enough! Is it not? 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: September 17, 2007, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

As to the pick 3, it is the same people winning more often than others, over and over and over.

They win more often, bacause their method or system gives them more winning numbers than quick picks do to those who buy them.

Those who buy quick picks don't win very often on the pick 3.

Those who pick their numbers according to a good statistical system or method will win on the pick 3 more often.

Why? Because on the pick 3 game the odds are not as high as on the jackpot games, so they are able to increase their chances enough to win more often than those who buy quick picks.

But remember even on the pick 3 game most who buy tickets buy quick picks and there are not that many good system players out-there.

But those few good-ones do win a lot more often than if they bought quick picks. 

Either way, it is always a matter of statistics. 

bobby623's avatar - abstract
            San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: September 17, 2007, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

I've been playing the Florida Fan5/36 lottery 4 times a week since January.

During that time, I've won 38 QPs (2/5) and 14 cash prizes.

I pick my own numbers, 5 sets per drawing.

Only 1 of the QPs has produced a winning ticket - 3/5 for $10.

I think the choice between QPs and personal techniques is like beaty. It's all in the
            eyes of the beholder.

People I know who have won with QPs won't play any other way. Some wouldn't know how to do it any other way, or, don't have the time, interest and desire to keep and analyze prior results.

Those of us who win with personal picks, wouldn't have it any other way.

But, I do sometimes use QPs for the bonus ball in Texas Two-Step.

Bobby

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: September 17, 2007, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Always there are very many more people playing quick picks than those who play their own numbers.

Most of those who play their own numbers DO NOT pick their own numbers according to a "SOUND" system or method based on the game's statistics, that is based on the statistics of the numbers and their patterns.

That means that most people who play their own numbers ARE NOT increasing their chances of winning, their own numbers are just as good as quick picks and have just about the same chance of winning.

But the fact still is that MOST of those playing buy quick picks and so therefore those who win, win with quick picks.

It is all a matter of statistics, buy quick picks so win with quick picks.

On a jackpot kind of game the odds againt the players are just too high for even good systems players to win more than just some of the lower prizes.

Yes, those few "Good" system players don't very often win jackpots, but they win lower prizes a lot more often than those people who buy quick picks or who pick their own numbers, but not according to the games statistics.

I repeat:

Most who play buy quick picks.

Most who pick their own numbers (Very few people), don't pick them according to a statistical system based on the patterns of the past draws (Past winning numbers).

So most who win jackpots bought quick picks.

It is all a matter of statistics.

Good system players win more lower prizes and more often than other players.

Simple enough! Is it not? 

i agree with what you said about people who play their own number sometimes dont use systems. until i found lottery post i had never heard of a lottery system most people were just telling me they used birthdays and anniversaries to pick their lottery numbers but those people also had never won a jackpot

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19817 Posts
                Posted: September 17, 2007, 4:15 pm - IP Logged

Post by LANTERN

To LANTERN,

Is this just your opinion or do you have facts to support it?  As far as I know the only statistics released by lotteries are the number of top prizes won by Quick Picks.  In games other than pick3 and pick4, the percent of other prizes won by QPs are assumed to be the same and assumptions aren't facts.

The fact is to increase your odds of winning any prize you have to pick your combinations from a smaller pool of numbers that have all the winning numbers than the pool that have all the numbers.  If a system is doing that then it is increasing you odds of winning the top prize too. 

For example if you had been playing the PowerBall for the last 200 drawings and your system was using only the numbers in the previous 16 drawings then you would have reduced you number pool from 55 to 37-48 numbers which would have had all 5 winning numbers 30% of the time and the bonus ball 75% of the time (41% of the time the pool would only have had 4 of the winning numbers).  During those 60 drawings that the system had all the winning numbers, your odds of winning the top prize would have improved from 1:146M to 1:16M-1:71M and the overall odds of winning a prize would have improved from 1:36 to 1:26 -1:34. These are facts you can check by checking these drawings just to mention the last seven dates:
                09/15/07
                09/05/07
                09/01/07
                08/08/07
                08/08/07
                08/04/07
                07/25/07

While reducing the PB number pool to 37-48 does improve your odds, I feel the pool need to be reduced to at most 25 to have the kinds of results most players are looking for.

Evil Looking       

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: September 17, 2007, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

As I said: "Most people buy quick picks" and 'There are relatively very few "GOOD" systems players out there".

So even on the lower prizes, most of those lower prizes go to people who bought quick picks. 

But those very few "Good" systems players, do win lower prizes more often than the other players, BUT NOT more often than  "ALL the other players combined" 

These is according to what I have seen online here and off line there.

It all stands to reason.

After al, you do can increase your chances of winning lower prizes if you know how to, so therefore you would win lower prizes more often if you know how to, Would you not?

But as there are very few good systems players out there, OVERALL most lottery prizes will go to Quick Pickers, both upper and Lower prizes alike.

It is elementary and according to expected resuilts even if I have never seen any real published stats.

It has to be so, How can it be otherwise?

Read the posts and also the predictions and ask the players about it, ask also the lottery retailers, the clerks.

The same people who win the most often, just keep on winning the most often (Lower Prizes)

Look at the stats. 

I thought that those things were understood, I guess that I was wrong. 

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: September 17, 2007, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

Top 10 Predictors for All States, Pick 6 Games
                    Hot Predictors (Last 30 Days by Prize Ratio)
                          Member     Prize Ratio     Wagers     Winnings
                    1.   lotterybraker   903.75%   $800   $7,230
                    2.   Rick G   600.00%   $110   $660
                    3.   RJOh   325.00%   $160   $520

4.   Lucky   153.12%   $800   $1,225
                    5.   auriel1   150.53%   $186   $280
                    6.   CCHS13   82.25%   $310   $255
                    7.   bks2   57.14%   $70   $40
                    8.   bigguy5   50.00%   $10   $5
                       SirMetro   50.00%   $10   $5
                    10.   Britney   44.55%   $1,863   $830

Highest Lifetime Prize Ratio
                          Member     Prize Ratio     Wagers     Winnings
                    1.   derek7   11144.44%   $90   $10,030
                    2.   auriel1   1530.48%   $1,066   $16,315
                    3.   Rick G   746.46%   $6,792   $50,700
                    4.   picksbynikki   531.14%   $1,477   $7,845
                    5.   Lucky   506.58%   $39,639   $200,805
                    6.   RJOh   391.41%   $3,785   $14,815
                    7.   mswiz777   345.15%   $1,579   $5,450
                    8.   jproffitt10   197.18%   $71   $140
                    9.   lotterybraker   165.17%   $6,651   $10,985
                    10.   sysp34   164.17%   $335   $550
                    Hot Predictors (Last 30 Days by Hit Ratio)
                          Member     Hit Ratio     Picks     Hits
                    1.   lotterybraker   17.87%   800   143
                    2.   Rick G   16.36%   110   18
                    3.   bks2   11.42%   70   8
                    4.   bigguy5   10.00%   10   1
                       SirMetro   10.00%   10   1
                    6.   auriel1   9.67%   186   18
                    7.   Lucky   9.25%   800   74
                    8.   rteague   6.17%   486   30
                    9.   RJOh   5.62%   160   9
                    10.   CCHS13   4.19%   310   13

Highest Lifetime Hit Ratio
                          Member     Hit Ratio     Picks     Hits
                    1.   takeitez   20.00%   30   6
                       tbettyboop2000   20.00%   5   1
                    3.   Rick G   13.04%   6,792   886
                    4.   jproffitt10   12.67%   71   9
                    5.   NamVet   11.11%   9   1
                    6.   Litebets27   10.63%   395   42
                    7.   Lucky   10.55%   39,449   4,163
                    8.   picksbynikki   10.29%   1,477   152
                    9.   sysp34   10.14%   335   34
                    10.   RJOh   8.92%   3,785   338

----------------

That might not seem like a lot, but it is much better than what the regular player does.

And the odds against you on those games are very very high. 

I didn't say anything about making a profit, just about winning more often. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19817 Posts
                      Posted: September 17, 2007, 5:31 pm - IP Logged

Statistics from the prediction board should only be used as a guide because they can be misleading.  For example I post predictions for WVa Cash25(6/25),Ohio Classic Lotto(6/49) and Hoosier Lotto(6/48) and a win in any of those games are treated the same while in reality the odds of 6of6 in Cash25 are 1:177K while the odds of a 6of6 in a 649 game are 1:13M, Cash25 has a top prize of $25K  while most pick6 games have a minimum top prize of $2M.  If I didn't also have predictions for Cash 25, it's likely I might not be on any of those lists.

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                        Member #4877
                        May 30, 2004
                        5114 Posts
                        Posted: September 17, 2007, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

(I'm putting this here because it's more about Quick Pick vs individual number selection)

Illinois Little Lotto paid out $1,150,000 to a quick pick last night.

It's a Pick 5 game and the jackpot starts at $100,000. Obviously it didn't get hit for a few draws to get to over one million.

With a Pick 5 game and a jackpot that high it's a pretty good guess that a lot of people were playing more than they normally play on it, and you can also bet that the systems players were playing heavier, too.

Yet, what won?:

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2007

WINNING NUMBERS: 02 - 18 - 19 - 23 - 36

PLAYER(S) MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
                        INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS: 1
                        EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE: $1,150,000.00

WINNING TICKET(S) WERE SOLD AT:

102670 NEW OPEN PANTRY (QP)

(I'M PUTTING this HERE, because it's more about QUICK-PICK's vs

individual number selection)...............vs       RNG ?

what is the DIFFERENCE ???

QP vs RNG ?????????

each # is computer generated!!!

@ least old system gives U a CHOICE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RNG is QP with NO CHOICE (that's the TREND>>TODAY)

U will have no say in the way YOU-PLAY..................

BUTT>>>>  U can alway's select your OWN ###'s o!o 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10345 Posts
                          Posted: September 17, 2007, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

The lotery doesn't care how many non-jackpot prizes people win, or how often they hit them.

Face it, most less than jackpot prizes are an insult anyway.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: September 18, 2007, 2:55 am - IP Logged

The lotery doesn't care how many non-jackpot prizes people win, or how often they hit them.

If they didn't care, would they have made the payouts parimutual?

That alone shows that they do care how many people win and also that they care about the amount that people win.

Anybody who is in business, is in business to make money.

There are lotteries to make money, so of course they care about how much money they make, they even say so themselves.

It is incredible that a lottery player does not know this, maybe then players think that the lotteries are there to give them money and maybe even make them rich.

Don't they know that the lotteries' money comes from them the players?

============================= 

9 YEARS = $9 BILLION FOR TEXAS EDUCATION

The Texas Lottery has generated well over $14 billion for the state of Texas since the first ticket was sold in 1992. Prior to 1997, the proceeds were allocated to the General Revenue Fund. Since 1997, all Texas Lottery proceeds have been transferred to the Foundation School Fund to support public education in our state. The Texas Lottery has contributed more than $9 billion to the Foundation School Fund, and of that total, more than $1 billion was contributed in fiscal year 2006. Other Texas Lottery funds such as unclaimed prizes revert back to the State for programs authorized by the Texas Legislature.

Where-the-Money-Goes_WEB

When Texans Play, Texas Wins! 

===================== 

Does this looks as if they don't care?

And that is just the face that they put out for you to see.

You just have no idea how greedy they really are. 

==================== 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19817 Posts
                              Posted: September 18, 2007, 2:59 am - IP Logged

PowerBall was concerned when all those folks matched 5/5+0 for $200K using numbers they got from a fortune cookie.  Lotteries know if players can improve their odds of winning any prize, they also will improve their odds of winning the jackpots too.

Fixed payouts for the lower prizes are based on anticipated results.  If those results cost more than anticipated, it's likely the game will be changed or discontinued.

Evil Looking