Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

In the ongoing quick picks discussions...

Topic closed. 36 replies. Last post 9 years ago by guesser.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10350 Posts
Posted: September 18, 2007, 10:59 am - IP Logged

In Pick 5 and Pick 6 games the second place prize amounts to chump change, all things considered (relative to the jackpot).

People who suppossedly have a system and can hit 4 of 5 or 5 of 6 occassionallu may like to see themselves as a threat, but the lottery doesn't consider them a threat.  

In those games most of those lower tier prizes just go towards more lottery tickets and the lottery is well aware of this.

Appearing to be concerned about people winning is called "sweating the money" or "bleeding the money" - some people invilved in paying out prizes make it look like it's coming out of their own pockets.

The real concern is "leakage", not somebody with a system - leakage is any money that gets paid out that should not have, almost always from human error or an inside job.

Before Keno was computerized people tried past-posting tickets, that was a common one.

As for PB and MM and systems players, know anyone who has won consistently? Know anyone who hits 5 + 0 consistently? 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: September 18, 2007, 11:04 am - IP Logged

True, but wouldn't you think with thsat kind of payout for a Pick 5 (5/39) a lot more people with 'theories' were taking the jump from 'paper trading' to live action?

There was probably a lot more non-quick picks played than usual but yet it was still a QP that won it.

For this game, anyway, it looks like QP + Luck is "King"! 

What it tells is that neither randomness nor systems paid out for a while.

Most "systems" don't know how much the payout is, and the idea behind creating a system is not to hit on a particular day over any other day. That would imply that everyone who had a system for this game should throw it away because it didn't hit on this specific drawing.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #1303
      March 27, 2003
      1508 Posts
      Posted: September 18, 2007, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

True, but wouldn't you think with thsat kind of payout for a Pick 5 (5/39) a lot more people with 'theories' were taking the jump from 'paper trading' to live action?

There was probably a lot more non-quick picks played than usual but yet it was still a QP that won it.

For this game, anyway, it looks like QP + Luck is "King"! 

No way of telling, but I would also think that since the jp was so high, a lot of people who normally don't play daily also played that day, and they would play quickpicks.

So perhaps the percentage of qps to self-picks was not that different than normal.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1303
        March 27, 2003
        1508 Posts
        Posted: September 18, 2007, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I guess what I'm trying to say is it's kind of like the parable of the workers in the vineyard- in that Bible story the last guy to show up and work only a short time got paid as much as those who worked all day.

This led to the invention of the timeclock.

============

Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: September 18, 2007, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

It is incredible that a lottery player does not know this, maybe then players think that the lotteries are there to give them money and maybe even make them rich.

Yes, I do think that a lot of players think this...... (see below)

Don't they know that the lotteries' money comes from them the players?

A lot of them probably don't.  These are the same people that think that anything that comes from the government is paid for by the government.  They don't realize it is paid for by the people through being taxed. It is not the govt's money. It is the money that comes out of the pockets of the taxpayers.

============================= 

============

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19825 Posts
            Posted: September 18, 2007, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

"As for PB and MM and systems players, know anyone who has won consistently? Know anyone who hits 5 + 0 consistently?"
            posted by Coin Toss

I suspect if such a player existed, there would be an investigation to see if he had friends or family members connected to the drawings or had a way of hacking the terminals after a drawing to produce a winning ticket.  No one would believe a system could do that even with thousand of tickets.

Even having several 5+0 winners in a short period of time from the same area would be statistically abnormal as were the number or PB 5+0 winners who got their numbers from a fortune cookie and would require a security investigation.  Second prize money may be chump change but if it's won consistently the lottery got a problem.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: September 18, 2007, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

As I said: "Most people buy quick picks" and 'There are relatively very few "GOOD" systems players out there".

So even on the lower prizes, most of those lower prizes go to people who bought quick picks. 

But those very few "Good" systems players, do win lower prizes more often than the other players, BUT NOT more often than  "ALL the other players combined" 

These is according to what I have seen online here and off line there.

It all stands to reason.

After al, you do can increase your chances of winning lower prizes if you know how to, so therefore you would win lower prizes more often if you know how to, Would you not?

But as there are very few good systems players out there, OVERALL most lottery prizes will go to Quick Pickers, both upper and Lower prizes alike.

It is elementary and according to expected resuilts even if I have never seen any real published stats.

It has to be so, How can it be otherwise?

Read the posts and also the predictions and ask the players about it, ask also the lottery retailers, the clerks.

The same people who win the most often, just keep on winning the most often (Lower Prizes)

Look at the stats. 

I thought that those things were understood, I guess that I was wrong. 

OK, let me say this:

When doing your research, look at ALL of the Powerball drawings, not just the ones where a person wins a jackpot.

No winner for 9/15 ? Or for 9/12, etc. ?   You still need to look at the numbers that were drawn, and see what those games (that nobody won) have, how they would fit into a 'system'. 

A good 'system' ?

It depends on what you call a 'system', because a 'system' can be anything from picking numbers based on important dates in your life, such as birthdays, and it can be a complicated computer program, regardless, anything other than a QP is, in theory, a 'system'. 

And as we have said ad nauseum: 70% of all winners are done with QP's because 70% of all sales are QP's. I think those numbers are a bit higher than 70% now, but I have no basis to back that up.