Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Most don't play enough numbers to profit at Pick 3 !

Topic closed. 66 replies. Last post 9 years ago by WIN D.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: October 22, 2007, 10:39 am - IP Logged

Most of those who play PICK-3 don't play enough numbers to WIN on a regular basis.

So..... you really shouldn't play if you expect to profit playing only Boxes.   

In general.....  In general you have to play around 10 times the numbers to win Straight on a regular enough basis to have a shot at profit. 

It just gets boring to hear about losers playing 10 or even less tickets and expecting that to work. That's really silly and they should not complain about it.

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: October 22, 2007, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Realtive to one's bankroll I'd say.

There's a universe of diference between $1- $3 a day or $10 - $30 a day.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: October 22, 2007, 10:57 am - IP Logged

That part is right. Relative to what I said ...........people can not complain.

If you don't have the tools to play in the NFL ..... you can't complain when they don't draft you. LOL

Sure you can play touch in your back yard or something..... just don't complain about it like it makes good sense. 

In general ....if they want a profit (instead of an occasional box win)  they have to play around 10 times the numbers these complainers actually play.  If they can't play that way ...if they can't afford it..... they can't complain without being silly.

Actually..... playing at low levels like that is just a waste of money.  It really is just like giving their money away....week after week.  They need to save their money or something and only play 3 or 4 times a year. At least that way they have a shot.

Win d    

4thquarterbabe's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
        Detroit, Michigan
        United States
        Member #45629
        August 25, 2006
        455 Posts
        Posted: October 22, 2007, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Hi, i don't know who complaining but here is my though on the post.

I agree win d, sometimes i read post about people talking about the amount that they play and i 'm like "that is a small amount i must be a real GAMBLER"  (I'm not rolling in dough. and i understand the financical issues,  but if i am going to play, i am going to PPPLAYYYY,) I want to WIN BIG so i must PLAY BIG. even though i play .25 a hit , with the amount of numbers i play and the various states, sometimes my expense is WAYYYYY UP THERE.  but my winnings are comparable.  good topic, i was beginning to think that i had a real LOTTERY PROBLEM. 

As the world turns, so does luck, believe and it shall return to you!! Let the party BEGIN!!

Party

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: October 22, 2007, 11:21 am - IP Logged

How much should a player spend to make a profit and why?  Is there any proof that the chance to make a profit is better when more combinations are played?  I've watched as some of the top predictors post 50 lines every day for a pick3 game and have done no better than the players posting 10 lines when comparing percent of money won.  Isn't fifty lines daily per game enough?

If making a profit depends on luck then no amount of lines can make a difference.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: October 22, 2007, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Hi, i don't know who complaining but here is my though on the post.

I agree win d, sometimes i read post about people talking about the amount that they play and i 'm like "that is a small amount i must be a real GAMBLER"  (I'm not rolling in dough. and i understand the financical issues,  but if i am going to play, i am going to PPPLAYYYY,) I want to WIN BIG so i must PLAY BIG. even though i play .25 a hit , with the amount of numbers i play and the various states, sometimes my expense is WAYYYYY UP THERE.  but my winnings are comparable.  good topic, i was beginning to think that i had a real LOTTERY PROBLEM. 

Thanks 4thquarterbabe. You understand what I'm saying ....  If you want to win there is a level you have to play up to .....or otherwise you can't get any sympathy form real players or ( folks who know the odds). 

RJOH ....

Just my opinion .....  most of the people posting odds are not serious and don't really play those numbers. If they did play them ....I bet they would think and win alot more often. Posting same numbers for all states and the like. Thats just Silly.... not the result of any process or real thought at all.  

Win d    

straightchaser's avatar - avatar
              I am The Avatar...
              SC
              United States
              Member #4355
              April 15, 2004
              345 Posts
              Posted: October 22, 2007, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

I'll go out on  a limb here. I know that Win D has the right idea here and I've got a prediction to make. Small wagers on small numbers is like being nickeled and dimed to death. This I know from experience. When the money flowed freely I could make close to 1K per week playing many straight picks. I can't move weight like I used to, I suspect that many of us can't.

Given the current restrictions on the flow of capital, two statistical/mathematical theories have taken hold: i) the gambler's ruin (you can't beat the house because you ain't got enough money-or you can't move enough money in position to make a wager) and ii) the gambler's fallacy (if it can happen, it will happen---but when?).

That being said I've got a prediction (and it probably won't happen because I'm making it public). The total sum 24 has been missing from the following states for 20 days. I call these my twice a day every day states : CA-CT-MI-MO-MD-NJ-NY-PA-OH-DC-MTS-VA. This has hit its maximum for the last year and a half. Its mirror 3 also has a maximum at 20 days.  Its last time out -3 days- which is it's average time-to-return.

So my prediction (these will not be on the prediction board due to time constraints): 888,789,798,879,897,978,987,699,969,996. Total cost at .25 per draw/per state (12*10*.25)=$30 per draw. My bet is that it comes in before 3 days-$180 to draw $225 clearing $45- (more than likely today $60 to draw $225 clearing $165).

RJOH is correct as well though, except that you can still make $$ playing  the same numbers in a number of states. It's called "clustering". A perfect example look back at the number 236 about a week or so ago. It came out in three states (of those above) on the same draw.

-chaser

Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #55271
                September 21, 2007
                74 Posts
                Posted: October 22, 2007, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

My motto is: Never play with scared money.  Scared money makes no money.  If you are concerned about how much money you are losing you should not do it.  Because you become desparate to make a profit and there is no fun in the game, just stress.  Remember, we are gambling here, not donating money out out of the goodness of our hearts for Lottery officials.  Gamblers gamble to make money!!

Your correct, there is no fun in box hit all the time.  Or at least play everything str with a str/bx.  At least, you could see $790. 

paurths's avatar - underground
                  Switching between Fairfax, VA and Belgium
                  Belgium
                  Member #19287
                  July 29, 2005
                  2254 Posts
                  Posted: October 22, 2007, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

My motto is: Never play with scared money.  Scared money makes no money.  If you are concerned about how much money you are losing you should not do it.  Because you become desparate to make a profit and there is no fun in the game, just stress.  Remember, we are gambling here, not donating money out out of the goodness of our hearts for Lottery officials.  Gamblers gamble to make money!!

Your correct, there is no fun in box hit all the time.  Or at least play everything str with a str/bx.  At least, you could see $790. 

A bankroll makes it "easy", ease of mind, that is...

When using progression, with 45 straight numbers a day or so, online,  one could play 19 days and still make a profit.
                  If after 19 days none of the straights has come in, it is time to raise the bet.
                  Using a progression however means: the longer the numbers stay away, the smaller the profit will be.

So what?

As long as there is a profit...

Now, one could ask, "what's the use of playing $850, after 19 days, and then make $50... (or at $.25 make a louzy $12.50)
                  That one is sure not gonna get rich that way.

True again, but it is a way of creating a bigger bankroll.
                  Then you play 2 states, or 3, or even more lol.
                  So in fact, True was not so very True lol

After a year of playing that way,  a new bankroll will have "emerged", and it is time to cash in some $$$.

As for the predictionboard; It is one great tool Todd created, but, it can not be compared to "real play"!!!
                  I mean, not everyone plays there numbers both box and straight at $.50... (i don't think i have ever done that)
                  In fact, who plays that way everytime she or he plays the pick3/Pick4 game?

lasas3

An onion a day keeps everyone away!!!

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                    Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: October 22, 2007, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

There has to be a balance between money spent and money won.

Most people spend little and so almost never win, so they make no profit.

Part of this is because they can't predict right.

Progression is a good tool to use, but best used with a good enough prediction technique, unless one really has a lot of money.

Playing more numbers is good, but as said on some post(s) not all of itself, but together with a more or less good enough prediction technique. 

Buying many numbers is not for everybody, only for those that have a good enough prediction technique, the same goes for progression.

Good luck. 

straightchaser's avatar - avatar
                      I am The Avatar...
                      SC
                      United States
                      Member #4355
                      April 15, 2004
                      345 Posts
                      Posted: October 22, 2007, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I'll go out on  a limb here. I know that Win D has the right idea here and I've got a prediction to make. Small wagers on small numbers is like being nickeled and dimed to death. This I know from experience. When the money flowed freely I could make close to 1K per week playing many straight picks. I can't move weight like I used to, I suspect that many of us can't.

Given the current restrictions on the flow of capital, two statistical/mathematical theories have taken hold: i) the gambler's ruin (you can't beat the house because you ain't got enough money-or you can't move enough money in position to make a wager) and ii) the gambler's fallacy (if it can happen, it will happen---but when?).

That being said I've got a prediction (and it probably won't happen because I'm making it public). The total sum 24 has been missing from the following states for 20 days. I call these my twice a day every day states : CA-CT-MI-MO-MD-NJ-NY-PA-OH-DC-MTS-VA. This has hit its maximum for the last year and a half. Its mirror 3 also has a maximum at 20 days.  Its last time out -3 days- which is it's average time-to-return.

So my prediction (these will not be on the prediction board due to time constraints): 888,789,798,879,897,978,987,699,969,996. Total cost at .25 per draw/per state (12*10*.25)=$30 per draw. My bet is that it comes in before 3 days-$180 to draw $225 clearing $45- (more than likely today $60 to draw $225 clearing $165).

RJOH is correct as well though, except that you can still make $$ playing  the same numbers in a number of states. It's called "clustering". A perfect example look back at the number 236 about a week or so ago. It came out in three states (of those above) on the same draw.

-chaser

Sheeeeeeeit

PA 996.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #6
                        November 4, 2001
                        8790 Posts
                        Posted: October 22, 2007, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

How much should a player spend to make a profit and why?  Is there any proof that the chance to make a profit is better when more combinations are played?  I've watched as some of the top predictors post 50 lines every day for a pick3 game and have done no better than the players posting 10 lines when comparing percent of money won.  Isn't fifty lines daily per game enough?

If making a profit depends on luck then no amount of lines can make a difference.

Playing for straight wins there are times that more than 50 numbers can return a profit zone.

I do not think hard core players depend on luck.

They rely on their skills at the game wether it be pick 3 or jackpot games.

I have seen some postings around here where pick 5 players do all right for themselves with 4 of 5 .

MAGA

JAP69's avatar - alas
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #6
                          November 4, 2001
                          8790 Posts
                          Posted: October 22, 2007, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

I done some research and exact order wheeling for the pick 4 which I posted today.

If I wanted to add more numbers to the list by adding the low evens in position 4 which are the 024 there would have been a winner there.
                          I chose only the high odds in position 4.

0882 came out tonights eve draw.

Now we are talking $2,500.00 for a $.50 cent bet.

1665 1667 1669 1885 1887 1889 1685 1687 1689 1865 1867 1869

3665 3667 3669 3885 3887 3889 3685 3687 3689 3865 3867 3869

2665 2667 2669 2885 2887 2889 2685 2687 2689 2865 2867 2869

4665 4667 4669 4885 4887 4889 4685 4687 4689 4865 4867 4869

0665 0667 0669 0885 0887 0889 0685 0687 0689 0865 0867 0869

MAGA

JAP69's avatar - alas
                            South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #6
                            November 4, 2001
                            8790 Posts
                            Posted: October 22, 2007, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

One more thought on playing a lot of numbers.

I think that it is sometimes not necessary to play every draw every day. Look for and find what you think is a positive play and go for it. 

MAGA

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19831 Posts
                              Posted: October 22, 2007, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Playing for straight wins there are times that more than 50 numbers can return a profit zone.

I do not think hard core players depend on luck.

They rely on their skills at the game wether it be pick 3 or jackpot games.

I have seen some postings around here where pick 5 players do all right for themselves with 4 of 5 .

Are you trying to say playing and winning a lottery game, even a jackpot game is more a matter of skill than luck?  If the states only had an edge of 1:2-1:5 of keeping your money, I might think that was possible, but the odds of breaking even are 1:10 or higher let alone making a profit.  Unless you're lucky enough to win a jackpot, you lose if you play for any reasonable length of time.

I could be wrong but I have never seen any figures that prove other wise.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking