Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 11:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

vtrac search engine

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 9 years ago by ducksafloat.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
Wentzville, Missouri
United States
Member #2243
September 4, 2003
8519 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2008, 10:00 am - IP Logged

were u @ Tdow?

the vtrac playa's want that search engin'

real badd Todd! ;-)

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: January 9, 2008, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

another daily check...

:(

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
      Member #27050
      November 26, 2005
      40272 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2008, 8:08 am - IP Logged

OK Todd, here's your January reminder.....!  :)

We want our vtrac search engine!!!  lol

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2008, 4:32 pm - IP Logged

another daily check

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: January 12, 2008, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Morning check

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: January 12, 2008, 10:31 am - IP Logged

were u @ Tdow?

the vtrac playa's want that search engin'

real badd Todd! ;-)

wonder if this is some kind of program Steve or the other programs can do?

Kentucky
              United States
              Member #32652
              February 14, 2006
              7343 Posts
              Posted: January 12, 2008, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Hope someone took the time to remind Todd last month.   Hopefully they did in a pm.   This is going to make everyone go platinum,

I have a premium membership too and can think of lots of stuff that could be added but the price is based on the current stuff. Why should Todd be responsible for writing a program just for "your" personal use?

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4054 Posts
                Posted: January 12, 2008, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

I have a premium membership too and can think of lots of stuff that could be added but the price is based on the current stuff. Why should Todd be responsible for writing a program just for "your" personal use?

Stack47, Todd likes doing stuff for us.  He enjoys programming and have a lot of pride in this site.  But  my question to Tntea and all the other folks who so desperately want the search engine is : Did you formally present the specifics to Todd?  Even though I'm sure he has his own idea of how it should be done.  But I know from experience that once it's done - hindsight is like, "I wish it can do this and I wish it can do that."  And then there's a lot of tweaking.  Sometimes programmers use what they already have in place.  That's why you should formally present what you want to get their wheels turning.

Paurths programmed it for me over a year ago, along with other tools including group hunting, Date and State specific range.  I instructed him exactly what I wanted.  User input, output, options, export, reports, criteria etc., I presented to him how I wanted to use it, what criteria to use and what I wanted to see in the results.  I did that with everything he programmed for me.  I laid it out.

And other questions like - what data do you want it to gather? do you want to be able to input a V-Trac number and it pull all the states it has hit?  Do you also want the option of putting in a regular number and it pull the V-trac string and every where it hit?  How do you want the results to show.  Date range is a no brainer. 

Do you want the options to choose several states at a time, individual states etc.

Every time I read pleads to Todd for the engine I wonder if anyone have written up the specifics. 

So present exactly what you want to Todd if you haven't done so.  People like Todd can program anything.  Somebody gather all the information - put it together have present it.

Todd this is what I like to see with the V-Trac search engine

How often does a string return in a state - days inbetween, average return, etc.

Key in a V-trac or choose it, choose the state, choose the date range, show each time the string hits, show the number of days of each return and what's the average return. 

There's other stuff I want but I don't want to push it.

takeemtothebank

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                  Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23349 Posts
                  Posted: January 12, 2008, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

Janet,

You're exactly right, that's the kind of thing that is needed (detailed explanations of what people want).  The one thing that does not help is badgering, which is what this is beginning to feel like.  I have lots and lots that I am working on every day, and I will do the search engine when I can.  It is one of literally 200 or 300 things that I have on my plate.  I am not exaggerating.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                  What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                  Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Charlotte NC
                    United States
                    Member #17406
                    June 18, 2005
                    4054 Posts
                    Posted: January 12, 2008, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Janet,

You're exactly right, that's the kind of thing that is needed (detailed explanations of what people want).  The one thing that does not help is badgering, which is what this is beginning to feel like.  I have lots and lots that I am working on every day, and I will do the search engine when I can.  It is one of literally 200 or 300 things that I have on my plate.  I am not exaggerating.

Whew! That is a lot of stuff to do.  Maybe somebody will pull the search engine specifics together and get it to you.

takeemtothebank

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                      Chief Bottle Washer
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #1
                      May 31, 2000
                      23349 Posts
                      Posted: January 12, 2008, 9:29 pm - IP Logged

Whew! That is a lot of stuff to do.  Maybe somebody will pull the search engine specifics together and get it to you.

It is indeed.  Nobody can really understand because nobody else lives through it, which is why I don't really talk about it too much.  I sense rolling eyes, and I don't need that.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                        Member #5344
                        June 30, 2004
                        23641 Posts
                        Posted: January 13, 2008, 6:50 am - IP Logged

It wouldn't be for just my "personal use".   Todd doesn't have to be the one to write it either.  There are lots of great programmers who are members of LP that write programs.  A lot of the best ones are not even part of the LP site at all. 

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: January 13, 2008, 6:54 am - IP Logged

Janet,

Sorry Todd if I came as I was badgering.   I am sure you have lots to do to keep this site up and running.

I was hoping someone who writes programs would see this post and write it.

Charlotte NC
                            United States
                            Member #17406
                            June 18, 2005
                            4054 Posts
                            Posted: January 13, 2008, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

It wouldn't be for just my "personal use".   Todd doesn't have to be the one to write it either.  There are lots of great programmers who are members of LP that write programs.  A lot of the best ones are not even part of the LP site at all. 

Todd doesn't have to be the one to write it either.

No NodWhy don't you pay a programmer to write it for you then, Tntea.  What? you want it free.  The free stuff that people float around here for the most part are small tools, and are not extensive as what the V-trac Search Engine calls for.  (Thank you guys) Those small program applications that people freely give here on LP require a server so that you can download (who do you think pay for that?)

The V-Trac search engine calls for the complete history of the states databases which would need to automately update everyday (you think they will pay for that just to give it to you) and of course the pick 3 and pick 4 databases for the V-Trac strings and I'm not going to get into the code needed and the time it takes to do it.   

So just write up what you want Todd to do, politely wait for him to do it, be grateful that he's going to do it, and say pretty please.   

geez 

takeemtothebank

ducksafloat's avatar - animal duck.jpg
                              Wentzville, Missouri
                              United States
                              Member #2243
                              September 4, 2003
                              8519 Posts
                              Posted: January 28, 2008, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

It is indeed.  Nobody can really understand because nobody else lives through it, which is why I don't really talk about it too much.  I sense rolling eyes, and I don't need that.

tenaj thank u for pointing out ur expressive factual opinion! Heart Beat

hey now Todd,

i know u busy, and i just figured u'd get 2 it when u got the time.  i can tell u that i ain't goin' no-where's and if u do it 2day or 2morrow or 2years from now, um gone b right here waitin' but now i gotta say, inconsiderate of me, after readin' what tenaj wrote about the specifics and that makes a whole lot a sence2me! just like the gadget that u gave us, um hooked, even got the noises comin' out to let me know when my selected states results r n, i can b readin' a book, talkin' trash on the phone and my gadget rings out and let me know that i can glance @ the results.  really for me, personally, this entire venu has opened the door of discovery for me and i know u gone say, it's the people and u right, but it's u that give us the place 2 b, the interaction and the on-goin' class room, straight up internet/cable in the class room and so i humbly apologize and promise 2 b more considerate  ;-)

if it is possible, here's my xample of what i'd like 2 c:

• i'd like to put in str v1212 and c what states had/hadn't got the trac, the actual winnin' set is my last concern because when i play, i play the entire trac, that may not b 4 others
                              • i'd b usin' it along side of LD's monthly VC, Moon Ingress, and what-ever other tool i could apply to use it with and for certain, i'd b watching to c what zone as in CST, EST and so forth 2 c where it's greatest sho' of face is
                              • i'd like to put in missin' tracs to c their last known where abouts, pretty much i'd b usin' it just i use the other search engine
                              • i'd like to b able to select (as an example) just the CST and search for particular tracs, not just as all states

now i don't know a thing bout' programin' don't know half as much bout vtracs as i'd like 2 know, but um learnin'  now finally i will say that when-ever and how-ever u do it, it's gone b all good and fine 4 me, those are my lil' idea's but by no MEANS let none of us pressure or do that rollin' of the eye thingy cause we all know u will get 2 it, guess my overall thought was that calabs was remindin' u about the engine, again, all i thought of was remindin' u along with em' andi am sorry if i put N E heat up unda' ur chair cause  I Love You man! Wink

Rubber DuckMade 2-B Pro$perou$ & Powerful!
                              Ya' Gotta Love Thi$ Place! wMim