Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Breaking the code

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Stack47.

Page 3 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

If anyone ever does "break the code" it will be

By accident at a university [ 7 ]  [19.44%]
With paper and pencil [ 13 ]  [36.11%]
An Asian child with an abacus [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Via an archaeological find from Atlantis! [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
When the aliens land [ 4 ]  [11.11%]
Something found at Area 51 [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
A caller on Coast to Coast A.M. [ 2 ]  [5.56%]
A terminal that's "stuck" on winners [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Someone who was handicapping the ponies [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Dec 21 2012 [ 5 ]  [13.89%]
Total Valid Votes [ 36 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2007, 3:20 am - IP Logged

I am not trying to argue but i wanted to let you know that there is a supercomputer the size of a suitcase named "gigabooster".....I don't think it cost that much...There is also a supercomputer the size of a regular computer tower call T3...There is another one named SPI and one named Origin2000 also the size of a regular computer tower....

"Keno is "the demon who makes trophies of men"........"              "You can't see it........"        "And it skins them......"                                                           from movie "Predator 1"

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
    Lotto City, Michigan
    United States
    Member #36256
    March 30, 2006
    1472 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2007, 6:46 am - IP Logged

BobP..... I wanted to say thanks for all that you do ....and your many ...many contributions to the games. Your website is just a great addition to this hobby sport..... and gets better every year. It sure is a wonderful resource for all of us . Thanks very much.

How many (yes/no) (1/2)  filter questions does it take to get the choices down to a reasonable play level?

I worked that out one time on the Systems Forum this year ....  Think it was 7 or 8 depending on your pocket book. Seems as though I remember they were mostly 50/50 filters

At any rate ..... My take on that at the time was..... a person could take those right results from each days draw and track those as well. Get it? 

11122121   22212121    12121222   Results ......       High/Low  Odd/Even   etc etc. ...... then perhaps total the sums of those results each day as well.

I wonder how many combinations there would be to keep up with ?  NASA ,,,where are you? Maybe Jadelottery is all we need to calculate it for us.  Sure..... Jade's an Alien!  LOL

LOL! ROFL

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1953 Posts
      Posted: December 24, 2007, 12:04 am - IP Logged

I don't think there is a code to break, however, I use special matrices in my system which I think is the closest thing to "cracking the code".

Gonna win.Big Smile

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3102 Posts
        Posted: December 24, 2007, 1:01 am - IP Logged

I don't think there is a code to break, however, I use special matrices in my system which I think is the closest thing to "cracking the code".

Back in Sept you talked about 2 new algroithms you were expecting great things from.  How did that work out for you?  BobP

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1953 Posts
          Posted: December 27, 2007, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

Back in Sept you talked about 2 new algroithms you were expecting great things from.  How did that work out for you?  BobP

I haven't tested the new ones yet because I am in the middle of converting my ENTIRE system over to work for KY Cash Ball, which will take a while(so many lines of code). However, they are still showing pretty good accuracy. If KY Cash Ball gets shut down, you'll know why.RazzApprove

Unfortunately, my poor Camaro is still broke down.Sleepy I should be able to have it fixed soon though.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Thoth's avatar - binary
            Findlay, Ohio
            United States
            Member #4855
            May 28, 2004
            400 Posts
            Posted: December 28, 2007, 11:10 am - IP Logged

I don't believe there is a code to be broken. When I first started playing the games about 12 years ago, I too thought a code could exsist. Then I started learning about combinatorics, chance and probability. With that knowledge came the sad realization that there was no ultimate code-crack that could ever indicate every future winning combination or even significantly more combinations than what the code, crack, or system would allow for according to its own real probability of winning.

The random flow of the games themselves each produce an ever growing chain of random results. A whole set of random results is, in itself, only one combination out of a set of almost infinite possibilities. Look at the "simple" game of Pick 3 for example. For each and every drawing there is 1,000 possible outcomes or combinations. If we had a code to crack the game, then we would be able to consistently, mathematically predict game after game, the chance of which is astronomically low...

• One game has 1000 outcomes.
            • Two games in a row has 1000 X 1000 outcomes (one million).
            • Three games in a row has 1000^3 (one billion).
            • Four games in a row has 1000^4 outcomes (a trillion).

Now imagin the outcomes for hundreds or thousands of games in row. A "cracked code" would suggest being able to pick not only the next game, but the next 2, 3, 10, or 1000 games in a row.

Look at the four combinations below. They represent the outcomes of four consecutive games. Could a code predict those outcomes day after day? Remember, as a whole, those four outcomes represent only one set out of a possible trillion sets!

In the end, all we can do is play the probabilities and percentages.

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8360 Posts
              Posted: December 28, 2007, 11:52 am - IP Logged

I don't believe there is a code to be broken. When I first started playing the games about 12 years ago, I too thought a code could exsist. Then I started learning about combinatorics, chance and probability. With that knowledge came the sad realization that there was no ultimate code-crack that could ever indicate every future winning combination or even significantly more combinations than what the code, crack, or system would allow for according to its own real probability of winning.

The random flow of the games themselves each produce an ever growing chain of random results. A whole set of random results is, in itself, only one combination out of a set of almost infinite possibilities. Look at the "simple" game of Pick 3 for example. For each and every drawing there is 1,000 possible outcomes or combinations. If we had a code to crack the game, then we would be able to consistently, mathematically predict game after game, the chance of which is astronomically low...

• One game has 1000 outcomes.
              • Two games in a row has 1000 X 1000 outcomes (one million).
              • Three games in a row has 1000^3 (one billion).
              • Four games in a row has 1000^4 outcomes (a trillion).

Now imagin the outcomes for hundreds or thousands of games in row. A "cracked code" would suggest being able to pick not only the next game, but the next 2, 3, 10, or 1000 games in a row.

Look at the four combinations below. They represent the outcomes of four consecutive games. Could a code predict those outcomes day after day? Remember, as a whole, those four outcomes represent only one set out of a possible trillion sets!

In the end, all we can do is play the probabilities and percentages.

Thoth Very well said.

I have looked for various methods of selecting picks to play i notice something familiar in every draw. Like sums for instance if a sum of 12 is drawn then i automatically think the next sum will be higher say 20. And the next sum after that will be lower say 15 the next higher and so on. While this doesn't occur for every draw it happens more often that way. Another thing is to check out the odd even factors of the numbers drawn. Even that can be tricky. But when an odd even / EEO / EOE / EEE / OOO /OEE / or any combination of the set is over due then i pick numbers accordingly. Observation is the key factor when selecting picks.  

I have never found a definitive way to predict the next draw and i doubt anyone ever will.   

United States
                Member #57256
                December 24, 2007
                40 Posts
                Posted: December 28, 2007, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

It's funny how, there's this idea the Lottery has a Code and if one can crack it, they control the Lottery and all that wealth -- hahaha.  I don't believe nor see the Lottery as a Code to crack and if there is such a Code, it's won't be difficult to crack or "see it" - someone will, at least, have a clue to understanding the behavior pattern of the numbers.

Here's something that really bothers me, though. The Lottery officials have the data on all the retail stores that carry their games. They're able to see every district those stores are operating in and what that means is, they're able to know the demographic makeup of those districts whether it's a strong White, Mexican, Black, or Asian community. That bothers me for several reasons.

1.) It's a form of "controlling the wealth" going out to a race/ethic group. Statistical data have shown that minorities and poorly educated individuals are the biggest buyers of lottery tickets but yet, they're the least in winning bigger jackpots. Something is fishy about that. Can anyone explain that ?

2.) I notice most of the Commissioners for the Lottery Commission in their respective state are Republicans. I could be wrong, but I have yet to learn if there's a Democrat Commissioner for a Lottery commission in their state. Sounds like a pet project ran by Republicans. And I'm a firm believer that Republicans like to balance the budget on the backs of the poor. Their agendas for fiscal-spending seems to always tax the poor or take money out the hands of the poor and shrink the size of the government as if to leave them out to dry.

I'm not trying to get carried away ( that just the "politic" of me ) but why is it always those rural towns that win the bigger jackpot. Towns no one knew was on the map until that particular winner was announced. If I was the compare the number of lottery ticket buyers in a major, cosmopolitan city to that of a small rural town, the chances favors the major, big town in winning more so than a small rural town, would anyone agree with this ?

Last thing.....I'm very good at reading and identifying patterns from the Lottery Matrix and there's been plenty of time I've backtracked the previous draws and find "questionable" numbers drawn while the rest of the number is in their normal, choatic behavior pattern. I can't help but speculate if a degree of tampering with the numbers are going on. Why I think this way ? I think this way because I will never understand why the Lottery system ( the system that registers and store the numbers from the players) close15 minutes and wait 45 minutes before calling out the winning numbers. Why is that ? Why the "15 minutes". Why the "45 minutes" afterward to put out the winning numbers ?

A system can work 10 times the rate human does so why the "15 minutes" and the "45 minutes" ? If it was a good thing to make assumption before factual evidence, I would probably bet that the Lottery officals need "that much time" to ensure the winning tickets is going to a district colloborated and agreed upon by members of the Republicans - specifically, Conservative Republicans.

I'm open to any dispute, discussion, etc....

United States
                  Member #3222
                  January 4, 2004
                  80 Posts
                  Posted: December 28, 2007, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

NumbaTuff wrote:

I'm not trying to get carried away ( that just the "politic" of me ) but why is it always those rural towns that win the bigger jackpot.

What state are you in because here in NY you'd almost never know that to be the case as most of the winners are almost always from the NYC area. In fact several years ago someone in the state actually filed a lawsuit over it and suddenly wouldn't you know it there started to be a few more big hits Upstate. It could have been a coincidence but even so many more people play the game downstate, which is exactly why I'd find it hard to believe that rural areas had more success winning the lottery.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10345 Posts
                    Posted: December 28, 2007, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

NumbaTuff

"1.) It's a form of "controlling the wealth" going out to a race/ethic group. Statistical data have shown that minorities and poorly educated individuals are the biggest buyers of lottery tickets but yet, they're the least in winning bigger jackpots. Something is fishy about that. Can anyone explain that ?"

It seems that an inrodiante number of Cubans in Miami hit jackpots, and many of them from QPs that were generated from winning a free ticket.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                      Member #10720
                      January 23, 2005
                      933 Posts
                      Posted: December 28, 2007, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

I have some "extreme" algorithms, one of them uses 7 dimensions and takes several minutes to generate one pick.. backtesting such a thing is very difficult... as computers become faster it could be done that way, but ironically may turn out that computerized drawings are easier to "crack" than ball drawings where human factors are more? involved.

The only thing that happens on Dec. 21, 2012 is riots in parking lots as people fight over a limited supply of PlayStation 8's or the new Telepathic Wii "BrainWave" edition, and Hillary screaming that she's sick and tired of people complaining about how she ruined the healthcare system the first 4 years of her presidency and how it cost her the 2012 election.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: December 28, 2007, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

There isn't a code to be broken, at least not by human logic and intelligence.

Thoth's avatar - binary
                          Findlay, Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #4855
                          May 28, 2004
                          400 Posts
                          Posted: December 28, 2007, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

It's funny how, there's this idea the Lottery has a Code and if one can crack it, they control the Lottery and all that wealth -- hahaha.  I don't believe nor see the Lottery as a Code to crack and if there is such a Code, it's won't be difficult to crack or "see it" - someone will, at least, have a clue to understanding the behavior pattern of the numbers.

Here's something that really bothers me, though. The Lottery officials have the data on all the retail stores that carry their games. They're able to see every district those stores are operating in and what that means is, they're able to know the demographic makeup of those districts whether it's a strong White, Mexican, Black, or Asian community. That bothers me for several reasons.

1.) It's a form of "controlling the wealth" going out to a race/ethic group. Statistical data have shown that minorities and poorly educated individuals are the biggest buyers of lottery tickets but yet, they're the least in winning bigger jackpots. Something is fishy about that. Can anyone explain that ?

2.) I notice most of the Commissioners for the Lottery Commission in their respective state are Republicans. I could be wrong, but I have yet to learn if there's a Democrat Commissioner for a Lottery commission in their state. Sounds like a pet project ran by Republicans. And I'm a firm believer that Republicans like to balance the budget on the backs of the poor. Their agendas for fiscal-spending seems to always tax the poor or take money out the hands of the poor and shrink the size of the government as if to leave them out to dry.

I'm not trying to get carried away ( that just the "politic" of me ) but why is it always those rural towns that win the bigger jackpot. Towns no one knew was on the map until that particular winner was announced. If I was the compare the number of lottery ticket buyers in a major, cosmopolitan city to that of a small rural town, the chances favors the major, big town in winning more so than a small rural town, would anyone agree with this ?

Last thing.....I'm very good at reading and identifying patterns from the Lottery Matrix and there's been plenty of time I've backtracked the previous draws and find "questionable" numbers drawn while the rest of the number is in their normal, choatic behavior pattern. I can't help but speculate if a degree of tampering with the numbers are going on. Why I think this way ? I think this way because I will never understand why the Lottery system ( the system that registers and store the numbers from the players) close15 minutes and wait 45 minutes before calling out the winning numbers. Why is that ? Why the "15 minutes". Why the "45 minutes" afterward to put out the winning numbers ?

A system can work 10 times the rate human does so why the "15 minutes" and the "45 minutes" ? If it was a good thing to make assumption before factual evidence, I would probably bet that the Lottery officals need "that much time" to ensure the winning tickets is going to a district colloborated and agreed upon by members of the Republicans - specifically, Conservative Republicans.

I'm open to any dispute, discussion, etc....

While I do agree that the lottery commissions could derive racial demographic data from its sales districts, I highly doubt that they are "appointing" the majority of winners to selected districts that have a mostly white, wealthy, republican population. I love good conspiracies myself, but man, that's just gettin a little too carried away. The lottery has its edge and maintains guaranteed profits in every game it offers, there's really no need to cheat the players or rig the games.  Though as an exception, I do think there may be a few RNG games that are rigged to provide a higher profit level, but I dont think the state does this directly. If it is happening, I'd say its a third party contractor like Scientific Games who is paid to run the operation for the state.

Last thing.....I'm very good at reading and identifying patterns from the Lottery Matrix and there's been plenty of time I've backtracked the previous draws and find "questionable" numbers drawn while the rest of the number is in their normal, choatic behavior pattern. I can't help but speculate if a degree of tampering with the numbers are going on. Why I think this way ? I think this way because I will never understand why the Lottery system

What makes a selected number questionable if the "normal behavior pattern" that the rest of the numbers are drawn in is chaotic? If the number(s) is question happen to have a sense of order or happen to follow some sort symetrical or structured pattern, this can still be chaotic as "order is a subset of chaos."

Also, what do you mean by "patterns from the Lottery Matrix?" The standard meaning of the term matrix (at least here on LP) is normally taken to mean the entire combination set of a particular type of game...the matrix in a Pick 3 game is all 1,000 straights, the matrix in a 6 of 49 lotto game is all 13.98 million combinations, etc. I suppose there could be a matrix of patterns, but there will probably be as many patterns as there are combinations if you dig deep enough when trying to identify them all. 

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19818 Posts
                            Posted: December 30, 2007, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

"Also, what do you mean by "patterns from the Lottery Matrix?" The standard meaning of the term matrix (at least here on LP) is normally taken to mean the entire combination set of a particular type of game...the matrix in a Pick 3 game is all 1,000 straights, the matrix in a 6 of 49 lotto game is all 13.98 million combinations, etc. I suppose there could be a matrix of patterns, but there will probably be as many patterns as there are combinations if you dig deep enough when trying to identify them all."

When I look for patterns, I look for combinations that have similar distribution of numbers and have been working on a program that looks for such patterns.

Recently I tried it on Ohio Rolling Cash5 which has had 1043 drawings so far. It assigned letters to numbers 1-10=A,11-20=B,21-30=C and 31-39 and of 1043 patterns there only 53 different ones and these were the top 10.

A  B  C  D  D  = 75
                             A  B  B  C  D  = 74
                             A  A  B  C  D  = 59
                             A  B  C  C  D  = 58
                             B  B  C  D  D  = 47
                             A  A  B  C  C  = 40
                             A  B  B  D  D  = 36
                             A  C  C  D  D  = 35
                             A  B  B  C  C  = 33
                             A  A  B  B  D  = 32

Right now the program is in the development stage and will assign number groups differently in the future.  I picked 10 lines for today drawing using those top patterns and posted them on the prediction board.  I'll be running more  tests as I improve the design of the program and hopefully it may help me pick a winner someday.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19818 Posts
                              Posted: December 30, 2007, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

Today's RC5 numbers were 12/30/07   03 17 23 31 32  =  ABCDD

This was the top pattern.  My ten lines match two twice, had I only used the top pattern, I might have done better. 

This is better than I would have thought, so I will be doing some follow-up.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking