Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

POLL: Breaking the code

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Stack47.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

If anyone ever does "break the code" it will be

By accident at a university [ 7 ]  [19.44%]
With paper and pencil [ 13 ]  [36.11%]
An Asian child with an abacus [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Via an archaeological find from Atlantis! [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
When the aliens land [ 4 ]  [11.11%]
Something found at Area 51 [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
A caller on Coast to Coast A.M. [ 2 ]  [5.56%]
A terminal that's "stuck" on winners [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Someone who was handicapping the ponies [ 1 ]  [2.78%]
Dec 21 2012 [ 5 ]  [13.89%]
Total Valid Votes [ 36 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
Bay Minette
United States
Member #57121
December 18, 2007
68 Posts
Posted: December 30, 2007, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Breaking the code! ... I always thought this would make a great movie .. A Howard Hughes type millionaire goes thru something like a bad love life and a failure of a new invention project and looses (his/her) mind and ends up delusional on the streets and lives in a cardboard box not even knowing who he is anymore. Eventually meeting up with other down on their luck types in a mission house who are all doing a pool for the lottery from street donations they collect. (He/she) befriends several different lottery playing characters -smart pickers/mystical pickers/random pickers and quick pickers and starts trying to play himself--or hrerself  to try and get off the streets. Eventually the lost minded millionair (along with new found friends) start hitting payback from the lottery a little at a time with help from all the players. But then a big gamble pool and they loose it all on another big bet. Frustrated they all get into a big fight and the lost minded millionair gets punched in the face by his best friend (The smart picker) and his/her memory comes back and realizes he has millions! His/her new found friends are not forgotten and are hired to form a (MEGA) lottery wheel system using all smart/mystical/random/quick picker friends learned into a (Huge) central computer. Then sending them all out to 711 stores all over the State covering almost all number combinations and (Winning) every draw putting the lottery into a crisis..people mad/people glad..military and police coming in with helicopters..Kinda based on movies like (Overboard) (Bruce Almighty) and (The Jerk)

Thoth's avatar - binary
    Findlay, Ohio
    United States
    Member #4855
    May 28, 2004
    400 Posts
    Posted: December 31, 2007, 9:29 am - IP Logged

"Also, what do you mean by "patterns from the Lottery Matrix?" The standard meaning of the term matrix (at least here on LP) is normally taken to mean the entire combination set of a particular type of game...the matrix in a Pick 3 game is all 1,000 straights, the matrix in a 6 of 49 lotto game is all 13.98 million combinations, etc. I suppose there could be a matrix of patterns, but there will probably be as many patterns as there are combinations if you dig deep enough when trying to identify them all."

When I look for patterns, I look for combinations that have similar distribution of numbers and have been working on a program that looks for such patterns.

Recently I tried it on Ohio Rolling Cash5 which has had 1043 drawings so far. It assigned letters to numbers 1-10=A,11-20=B,21-30=C and 31-39 and of 1043 patterns there only 53 different ones and these were the top 10.

A  B  C  D  D  = 75
     A  B  B  C  D  = 74
     A  A  B  C  D  = 59
     A  B  C  C  D  = 58
     B  B  C  D  D  = 47
     A  A  B  C  C  = 40
     A  B  B  D  D  = 36
     A  C  C  D  D  = 35
     A  B  B  C  C  = 33
     A  A  B  B  D  = 32

Right now the program is in the development stage and will assign number groups differently in the future.  I picked 10 lines for today drawing using those top patterns and posted them on the prediction board.  I'll be running more  tests as I improve the design of the program and hopefully it may help me pick a winner someday.

Interesting. Thats a good way to group the numbers. It's similar to the way I used to track the Super Lotto when we had it. I've never picked it back up - even though classic lotto is a similar game.

I also liked to track last digits of the balls,  like.... 8, 18, 28, 38, 48...when is last digit 8 due or etc.?

I've never messed with the rolling cash 5 much. Was there a matrix change since it was the buckeye five?

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19904 Posts
      Posted: December 31, 2007, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Interesting. Thats a good way to group the numbers. It's similar to the way I used to track the Super Lotto when we had it. I've never picked it back up - even though classic lotto is a similar game.

I also liked to track last digits of the balls,  like.... 8, 18, 28, 38, 48...when is last digit 8 due or etc.?

I've never messed with the rolling cash 5 much. Was there a matrix change since it was the buckeye five?

Buckeye5 was a 5/37 game and Rolling Cash5 is a 5/39. 

I tried the same thing with Classic Lotto and with the old Super Lotto file without the bonus ball and was surprised that while both were 6/49 game their top number distribution patterns were very different.  It could be that CL only had 147 drawings so far and SL had 543.

Actually, during 2007 I've done better with the MegaMillions game, but RC5 and CL should be easier to win and I can't forget that I once won $1500 with a 5/6 playing SL so I continue watch these games and predict them even if I don't play them that much. 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Thoth's avatar - binary
        Findlay, Ohio
        United States
        Member #4855
        May 28, 2004
        400 Posts
        Posted: December 31, 2007, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Once my 023 hits in the Oh Pick 3, I think I may give the RC5 a shot for a year or two. I'm undecided if I want to go back to playing boxed Pick 3 combos everyday (won much more often and was always ahead) or if I want to try the RC5. . I don't like to spend much $$ when I play, so until it hits, I'm kind of stuck on it.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7344 Posts
          Posted: December 31, 2007, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

Once my 023 hits in the Oh Pick 3, I think I may give the RC5 a shot for a year or two. I'm undecided if I want to go back to playing boxed Pick 3 combos everyday (won much more often and was always ahead) or if I want to try the RC5. . I don't like to spend much $$ when I play, so until it hits, I'm kind of stuck on it.

Been a while since you last mentioned 023 so that means I'll have to play it again tomorrow.

Thoth's avatar - binary
            Findlay, Ohio
            United States
            Member #4855
            May 28, 2004
            400 Posts
            Posted: January 1, 2008, 12:45 am - IP Logged

lol...I've been waiting patiently for it to hit. Been playing it for probably 4 years or so now. Was playing 179 off and on too - - that came up Thanksgiving Day (midday) and I missed it!

Thoth's avatar - binary
              Findlay, Ohio
              United States
              Member #4855
              May 28, 2004
              400 Posts
              Posted: January 1, 2008, 1:10 am - IP Logged

lol...I've been waiting patiently for it to hit. Been playing it for probably 4 years or so now. Was playing 179 off and on too - - that came up Thanksgiving Day (midday) and I missed it!

...its out 10,171 consecutive games now. It last hit 1/7/1984! Hmm... that was January 7th, 24 years ago! This coming Monday will be January 7th lol.  Sounds like a good day to play it hard! 

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                Harbinger
                D.C./MD.
                United States
                Member #44103
                July 30, 2006
                5587 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2008, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

...its out 10,171 consecutive games now. It last hit 1/7/1984! Hmm... that was January 7th, 24 years ago! This coming Monday will be January 7th lol.  Sounds like a good day to play it hard! 

That gives new meaning to DUE!

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7344 Posts
                  Posted: January 5, 2008, 12:24 am - IP Logged

"Sounds like a good day to play it hard!"

I'm buying my tickets early because I don't want to be shut out when 023 is sold out.