Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The JP and fast food

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 9 years ago by justxploring.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Would you still eat fast food after a JP win?

Yes [ 23 ]  [52.27%]
No [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
Once in a while [ 11 ]  [25.00%]
This poll is a stretch [ 4 ]  [9.09%]
Yes, but I'd put the food on expensive china [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
Just to feed the homeless [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Only to feed my pets as treats [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
Those treats are bad for my pets [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
other [ 2 ]  [4.55%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: January 6, 2008, 1:39 am - IP Logged

By quaint little Scottish restaurants I meant MacDonald's

Smile

Scottish food? Blech..... the main dish of Scotland is haggiss <BARF> which is all of a sheep's internal organs cooked inside its stomach. 

Leaving

Yuk.  

Of course, Irish is a lot better- a 7 course Irish dinner is a six pack and a baked potato!

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2008, 2:41 am - IP Logged

I would not mind at all trying scottish food, or Irish food or any of the culinary  delights the world has to offer. Not to mention all those wonderful foreign beers!  I am no Jack La Lanne, tho I intend to get a juicer one day,  I've never really had a weight problem, I exercise cause I can't help it. As far as junk food, I luv it. Just the sound of the crunch of that taco bell hard shell, makes my mouth water thinkin about it, and all that grease goin down there, I luv it!! Wendy burgers and Fat burgers wonderful,!!

Anyone that suffered my cooking would understand my love affair with junk food, but even with the guy from Hell's Kitchen as my personal chef, I could not pass up a bologna sandwich with barbecue chips smashed between and a pepsi.  Yep,  love my JUNK FOOD!!!

Make sure you win the lottery before you buy a juicer. Those $99 centrifugal juicers (like the ones advertised on TV) extract almost everything but a little juice.  So you go out and buy a pound of organic carrots and get 1 glass of juice and a lot of waste to throw out, unless you like making carrot muffins and carrot cake, carrot meatballs, carrot ice cream...lol  I returned mine for a more expensive auger type juicer, but then I had to chop till I dropped!  IMHO it's best to eat fresh, raw veggies instead of juicing. You need the pulp and the fiber that is extracted by juicing and you also need the vitamins and minerals in the skin.  I've tried it all - carrot juice, apple juice cabbage juice, spinach juice, celery juice, and anything I could squeeze a drop of moisture out of, and then my juicer became a dust collector on my countertop. When juicing, you need to buy organic, since the pesticides (especially in apples & celery which have so much water) will go directly into your bloodstream.  As I said, just make a nice, fresh salad. Munch on some celery, broccoli and cauliflower, and you'll save yourself a lot of money.  BTW, I gained weight when I juiced! (sugar, sugar, sugar)  Look into Vitamix if you really want to get healthy ..  not a juicer, but will pulverize anything.  If you want to make a pate out of a 2-by-4, it should do the trick.  Definitely worth the price. I'd flip the switch and start to throw everything in sight in mine.  My pets would hide when they saw that crazed look in my face.

Okay, it's 2:30 in the morning.  Time to microwave my leftover cheesy bean & rice burrito.  Mmmm.

NY
      United States
      Member #23835
      October 16, 2005
      3474 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2008, 3:04 am - IP Logged

"The smoking thing I don't get. If they wanted to kill the masses, they should let smokers smoke anywhere"

Letting people smoke is simply allowing them to commit suicide. Making the rest of us inhale their smoke would be murder. There's also the issue of who dies. I'm all in favor of plans that shift the dumb/smart ratio in favor of the smart people. It's good for the gene pool, it's good for me, and it might be better for the planet.

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
        Pittsburg, Ks
        United States
        Member #3382
        January 17, 2004
        80933 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2008, 6:58 am - IP Logged

I eould like John Belushi to be a waiter at a fast food place so he could throw everything at my plate (in my case, platter) But since that ain't gonna happen I will stick to KFC and a few other fast food places

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
          Harbinger
          D.C./MD.
          United States
          Member #44103
          July 30, 2006
          5583 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2008, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Hold the lettuce, hold the pickles, special orders don't upset us!

Go to fullsize image

I like the tacos! Arriba! extra fire! Andale! The chihuahua is my friend! 

Go to fullsize imageYo quiero Taco Bell! 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2008, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Other.

I don't eat it now and would not eat it after either.

I cant afford to cause myself all those health problems.

Plus, I find the plastic and the metal and the floor-tile "atmospehre" to be depressing.

I cant imagine why anyone would want to eat that stuff or eat anything that has been deep fried...if you do you might as well smoke and chew tobacco while you are at it .

Come to think of it I have never known any old people say that they wished they had smoked more...or wished they had eaten more vile swill. 

Not everything on the menu at fast food joints is deep fried. At Wendy's they have baked potatoes and salads and a lot of other places also offer salads and other healthy alternatives. Since you don't eat out and you admit that, you might want to do your research before proclaiming that all the food on the menu at fast food resturants as "swill".

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: January 6, 2008, 11:55 am - IP Logged

Not everything on the menu at fast food joints is deep fried. At Wendy's they have baked potatoes and salads and a lot of other places also offer salads and other healthy alternatives. Since you don't eat out and you admit that, you might want to do your research before proclaiming that all the food on the menu at fast food resturants as "swill".

Unfortunately, a baked potato is as bad as a fried one. A doctor once said that eating a potato is like taking all the contents out of the skin of the potato and filling it to the top with sugar. Carbs turn to sugar. A diabetic nightmare.

As for the salads, most people will buy one and then drench it with ranch or some other creamy dressing.

Eat baked fish instead, or grilled chicken with a salad, and a light vinaigrette for the dressing, and then take two fish oil capsules after every meal...lol

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
                Inglewood
                United States
                Member #41769
                June 22, 2006
                122 Posts
                Posted: January 6, 2008, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

By quaint little Scottish restaurants I meant MacDonald's

Smile

Scottish food? Blech..... the main dish of Scotland is haggiss <BARF> which is all of a sheep's internal organs cooked inside its stomach. 

Leaving

Yuk.  

Of course, Irish is a lot better- a 7 course Irish dinner is a six pack and a baked potato!

Lep

Well, as far as the Scottish we'll pass on the entrails, as for the Irish, "excuse me waiter, can we do a 7 pack, do they have em' here?"

colthmn's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
                  Inglewood
                  United States
                  Member #41769
                  June 22, 2006
                  122 Posts
                  Posted: January 6, 2008, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Make sure you win the lottery before you buy a juicer. Those $99 centrifugal juicers (like the ones advertised on TV) extract almost everything but a little juice.  So you go out and buy a pound of organic carrots and get 1 glass of juice and a lot of waste to throw out, unless you like making carrot muffins and carrot cake, carrot meatballs, carrot ice cream...lol  I returned mine for a more expensive auger type juicer, but then I had to chop till I dropped!  IMHO it's best to eat fresh, raw veggies instead of juicing. You need the pulp and the fiber that is extracted by juicing and you also need the vitamins and minerals in the skin.  I've tried it all - carrot juice, apple juice cabbage juice, spinach juice, celery juice, and anything I could squeeze a drop of moisture out of, and then my juicer became a dust collector on my countertop. When juicing, you need to buy organic, since the pesticides (especially in apples & celery which have so much water) will go directly into your bloodstream.  As I said, just make a nice, fresh salad. Munch on some celery, broccoli and cauliflower, and you'll save yourself a lot of money.  BTW, I gained weight when I juiced! (sugar, sugar, sugar)  Look into Vitamix if you really want to get healthy ..  not a juicer, but will pulverize anything.  If you want to make a pate out of a 2-by-4, it should do the trick.  Definitely worth the price. I'd flip the switch and start to throw everything in sight in mine.  My pets would hide when they saw that crazed look in my face.

Okay, it's 2:30 in the morning.  Time to microwave my leftover cheesy bean & rice burrito.  Mmmm.

Well, so much for the juicer, but I'll be sure to look into the vitamix. thanks!!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                    Harbinger
                    D.C./MD.
                    United States
                    Member #44103
                    July 30, 2006
                    5583 Posts
                    Posted: January 6, 2008, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

"Now that's a spicey meatball!" Jim Carrey The Mask.

This is hot and probably fastfood straight to the emergency room.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080104/od_nm/wings_dc;_ylt=AgKXFxFQe4D3EBlSEWMjLois0NUE

Mad

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                      Member #5344
                      June 30, 2004
                      23641 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2008, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Baked fish...  our favorite here.. Never fry fish.. It is a waste..

Grilled chicken, here.. Grilled steaks,   grilled porkchop...  I am surprised I still know how to spell fry since we stop that a long time ago...

Want a healthy breakfast...

try this:

1/2 banana

1/2 cup of ground oat flour

2 Egg whites....

Mix in Magic Bullet.. Then cook in nonstick pan like a pancake.. Top with apple sauce... One of my favorite breakfast... Micky Dee's cannot hold a candle to this one..

After a jackpot.. hubby and I will continue to eat at home as usual... or cook where ever we travel.   No chef on earth can beat his cooking.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: January 6, 2008, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

I had to say other. As I learn more and more about how (fast) food is raised, and what the animals (and thus us) are fed, the less inclined I am, even before a j-pot win.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4461 Posts
                          Posted: January 6, 2008, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

time*treat, recently I was researching customs in Asian countries and saw some horrifying pics of dogs being tortured.  Wish I hadn't seen it which is why I will never use that link to give someone else nightmares.  It makes you wonder why doing cruel things to a pig is any better.

Scary is right, Think.  There are lots of salads at fast food places.  Also, I'm not sure if they carry it any more, but I always used to get the veggie burger at Burger King.  Nobody knew since it looked exactly like a hamburger.  They had it for many years on the menu.  It used to be 100% vegan and then they began to use some dairy, but that never bothered me.  I'm not vegan or even vegetarian.  Someone like my sister, who won't even use a leather wallet, won't even eat a bean burrito at Taco Bell because they cook so much meat & chicken there. I don't think I could ever be that committed. (although some people think I should be committed!) 

Wow - now I'm getting another urge for some of those Taco Bell potatoes. Living in a rural area away from all this stuff might save me a lot of money!  LOL

Oh - one more thing.  Ever go to KFC when they have that all-you-can-eat buffet?"  It's disgusting.  They use those sneeze guards, but people just reach underneath & use their fingers and "re-dip" etc.  Yuck.  Gosh, we're fussy people, aren't we?  Remember when Steve McQueen was so hungry in Papillon that he ate a giant insect?

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: January 6, 2008, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

time*treat, recently I was researching customs in Asian countries and saw some horrifying pics of dogs being tortured.  Wish I hadn't seen it which is why I will never use that link to give someone else nightmares.  It makes you wonder why doing cruel things to a pig is any better.

Scary is right, Think.  There are lots of salads at fast food places.  Also, I'm not sure if they carry it any more, but I always used to get the veggie burger at Burger King.  Nobody knew since it looked exactly like a hamburger.  They had it for many years on the menu.  It used to be 100% vegan and then they began to use some dairy, but that never bothered me.  I'm not vegan or even vegetarian.  Someone like my sister, who won't even use a leather wallet, won't even eat a bean burrito at Taco Bell because they cook so much meat & chicken there. I don't think I could ever be that committed. (although some people think I should be committed!) 

Wow - now I'm getting another urge for some of those Taco Bell potatoes. Living in a rural area away from all this stuff might save me a lot of money!  LOL

Oh - one more thing.  Ever go to KFC when they have that all-you-can-eat buffet?"  It's disgusting.  They use those sneeze guards, but people just reach underneath & use their fingers and "re-dip" etc.  Yuck.  Gosh, we're fussy people, aren't we?  Remember when Steve McQueen was so hungry in Papillon that he ate a giant insect?

Steve ate a roach. I've seen that movie many times...lol

I'd starve before I would eat something like that. And that's the truth!

KFC stands for "Keep - Feeding us - Currency"....lol

Or..."Kirk - Found these - Chickens"......

Or ..."Kirk - ahemmmm! - chickens"........

United States
                              Member #17555
                              June 22, 2005
                              5582 Posts
                              Posted: January 6, 2008, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Steve ate a roach. I've seen that movie many times...lol

I'd starve before I would eat something like that. And that's the truth!

KFC stands for "Keep - Feeding us - Currency"....lol

Or..."Kirk - Found these - Chickens"......

Or ..."Kirk - ahemmmm! - chickens"........

In all seriousness, I've had to make a choice in the past as to whether it would be crossing the line here on the LP, and showing what Justxploring was talking about. About the unethical treatment of animals. Without going into detail, I saw a video on Youtube which showed a film recorded secretly. The film showed the brutality involving dogs and how their fur was extracted. I'm not the kind of person to get emotional, unless it's really warranted. But I gotta tell you, even now typing this, tears come to my eyes.