Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The JP and fast food

Topic closed. 58 replies. Last post 9 years ago by justxploring.

Page 4 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Would you still eat fast food after a JP win?

Yes [ 23 ]  [52.27%]
No [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
Once in a while [ 11 ]  [25.00%]
This poll is a stretch [ 4 ]  [9.09%]
Yes, but I'd put the food on expensive china [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
Just to feed the homeless [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Only to feed my pets as treats [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
Those treats are bad for my pets [ 1 ]  [2.27%]
other [ 2 ]  [4.55%]
Total Valid Votes [ 44 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
Vancouver, WA
United States
Member #53665
July 15, 2007
151 Posts
Posted: January 18, 2008, 4:14 am - IP Logged

I voted yes to fast food because it is so tasty.  On top of that, have you seen the portion sizes of the fancy meals that you get at expensive resturants? $30 for a three bite size portion.  What a rip off.  HAHA

Give me a good ole' triple Wendy with cheese, Chicken sandwich with cheese, large fry, large soda and large Frosty and I will be happy.

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: January 18, 2008, 5:24 am - IP Logged

I voted yes to fast food because it is so tasty.  On top of that, have you seen the portion sizes of the fancy meals that you get at expensive resturants? $30 for a three bite size portion.  What a rip off.  HAHA

Give me a good ole' triple Wendy with cheese, Chicken sandwich with cheese, large fry, large soda and large Frosty and I will be happy.

On top of that, have you seen the portion sizes of the fancy meals that you get at expensive resturants? $30 for a three bite size portion.  What a rip off.  HAHA

Point taken, however the moral of this post dealt with not worring over the price because of a JP win, but eating well, like surf and turfs, 3 times a week without the excess cheap fatty fast freddy food chains..

Caviar, lobster, prime rib, venison, porterhouse, organic salads, endless Don Perignon, Soft classical music in the backround, The finest cheeses, Organic and exotic fruits, Fresh salmon, real Baklava, And a vat of Tiramisu....lol

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2008, 6:11 am - IP Logged

Funny, when I was younger I'd go on vacation and always dine out at a nice restaurant with a carafe of wine.  I was never rich, but it was something I enjoyed as a treat.  I no longer enjoy dining out, but I might get a meal to go if I felt like spending $15 or $20.  I think many restaurants will prepare meals for you.  I know family style restaurants have take-out and now Applebees has pickups at the window.  If you win the lottery, I don't think that would be an issue. When I was working steadily and had long hours, I never hesitated to call ahead and pickup a meal at Perkins or Mel's Diner. They usually ran around $7 or $8.  If I had children, it would be different.  

Just want to add -  I don't think money has to do with dining out as much as time.  Eating out at a fine restaurant takes time.  I like being home in my jammies with the paper or in front of the tube.  Guess it depends on the ambience you desire.  I like eating with my fingers!

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
        Member #28409
        December 15, 2005
        1198 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2008, 7:51 am - IP Logged

I voted yes, but that is wrong.  I voted yes at first because I figured I would be out and about spending all that dough and would HAVE to eat at those places to keep my pace.  I don't like slowing down once I get going., whether I have the money to do so or not.  But once I thought about it, I probably would not.  I intend on hiring a nutritionist to do my cooking for a while., building my home with a gym in it and working out more.  (I know, why wait, right?  No room here for a gym and I can't get to the public places when I'd like.  But I do what I can here.) So, if I'm home enough to do the workouts and laps around my new inground and heated-oasis pool,  then I will be eating at home more.    Plus, I think I would like to entertain a little more around the holidays like the fourth of July and Christmas and New Year's Day.  (We always have large family gatherings.) 

Like pacattack, I believe the fast food restaurants are conspiring against us.  Only I believe they are conspiring to keep America fat.  And addicted to their food.  I actually get headaches if I don't go out to eat at least once a week.  What does that tell you?  Something's in the food.  Young girls are starting to go into puberty at a much earlier age than did my generation, because of the steriods in the foods causing imbalances in their hormones.  And I myself am in menopause at least 12 years earlier than my mother did., and her mother did.  Not just me, but all of my female cousins are in the same boat as me.  We are too young to be going through menopause !   

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: January 18, 2008, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I voted yes, but that is wrong.  I voted yes at first because I figured I would be out and about spending all that dough and would HAVE to eat at those places to keep my pace.  I don't like slowing down once I get going., whether I have the money to do so or not.  But once I thought about it, I probably would not.  I intend on hiring a nutritionist to do my cooking for a while., building my home with a gym in it and working out more.  (I know, why wait, right?  No room here for a gym and I can't get to the public places when I'd like.  But I do what I can here.) So, if I'm home enough to do the workouts and laps around my new inground and heated-oasis pool,  then I will be eating at home more.    Plus, I think I would like to entertain a little more around the holidays like the fourth of July and Christmas and New Year's Day.  (We always have large family gatherings.) 

Like pacattack, I believe the fast food restaurants are conspiring against us.  Only I believe they are conspiring to keep America fat.  And addicted to their food.  I actually get headaches if I don't go out to eat at least once a week.  What does that tell you?  Something's in the food.  Young girls are starting to go into puberty at a much earlier age than did my generation, because of the steriods in the foods causing imbalances in their hormones.  And I myself am in menopause at least 12 years earlier than my mother did., and her mother did.  Not just me, but all of my female cousins are in the same boat as me.  We are too young to be going through menopause !   

I don't think it is just fast food. I think that steriods, hormones, whatever is being put in the food  that is sold at the store. Things like milk, eggs, meat etc. that folks buy everyday. I also don't think restaurants are conspiring against us to keep us fat. I think they are conspiring to take our money. LOL

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: January 18, 2008, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I don't think it is just fast food. I think that steriods, hormones, whatever is being put in the food  that is sold at the store. Things like milk, eggs, meat etc. that folks buy everyday. I also don't think restaurants are conspiring against us to keep us fat. I think they are conspiring to take our money. LOL

I Agree!

It's unlikely they would ever do anything to purposely harm the public, but I am sure the hormones in our food does affect our health. However, regarding fast food, in the early 90s McDonald's offered a McLean burger, but people didn't buy it.  I used to buy a veggie burger at Burger King (Morningstar makes it) and nobody I know ever heard of it.  Then they all began to offer salads and other low fat meals which are more popular.  Most people like the grease and the fat.  I love grease and I won't buy low-fat anything except milk & yogurt. Maybe that's why I enjoy those cheesy potatoes at Taco Bell.   But nobody forces me to eat there.  Sorry if I sound argumentative, but to say fast food restaurants put addictive chemicals in the food is absurd. 

Now can someone please just give me some so I can stop playing the lottery? 

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5587 Posts
              Posted: January 18, 2008, 7:54 pm - IP Logged

I always thought they put something extra in the Starbucks coffee, to keep people coming back, it didn't work on me though, the lotterys' additives are stronger, I'd rather spend $1.09 at 7-11 with all the creamer I need, and spend the extra couple of bucks on a P4 rather than a mocha macchiatto.

Coffee

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: January 18, 2008, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

It's unlikely they would ever do anything to purposely harm the public, but I am sure the hormones in our food does affect our health. However, regarding fast food, in the early 90s McDonald's offered a McLean burger, but people didn't buy it.  I used to buy a veggie burger at Burger King (Morningstar makes it) and nobody I know ever heard of it.  Then they all began to offer salads and other low fat meals which are more popular.  Most people like the grease and the fat.  I love grease and I won't buy low-fat anything except milk & yogurt. Maybe that's why I enjoy those cheesy potatoes at Taco Bell.   But nobody forces me to eat there.  Sorry if I sound argumentative, but to say fast food restaurants put addictive chemicals in the food is absurd. 

Now can someone please just give me some so I can stop playing the lottery? 

Sorry if I sound argumentative, but to say fast food restaurants put addictive chemicals in the food is absurd. 

I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish I still had the resources that I had a year ago on my own computer, and show you otherwise. Journals and publications by reliable sources, such as extensive research done on the subject at hand.

If you told a friend ten years ago that the govt. is contemplating controlling the thermostat in your house in California, sometime around 2008, would your friend think you're absurd? Of course they would.

Sunny California
                  United States
                  Member #40295
                  May 31, 2006
                  7713 Posts
                  Posted: January 18, 2008, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

Yummy Treats ! Reach out to your pals and loved ones through this mouth-watering treat. Crunchy, Munchy Fun ! A fun wish for everyone you know. Wanna 'Ketchup'... Reach out to your family/ friends/ loved ones with this funky egreeting.Cool-To-The-Max ! Compliment your friend with this ecard.

I rarely eat junkfood, my hips can't afford it, but if I won I'd treat myself to Taco Bell. Then back to the    !!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                    Harbinger
                    D.C./MD.
                    United States
                    Member #44103
                    July 30, 2006
                    5587 Posts
                    Posted: January 18, 2008, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Taco Bell is my friend.

Go to fullsize image Yo quiero tacos!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5143 Posts
                      Posted: January 18, 2008, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

The more fast food.. the more required gym time...

Oh well.. got to love those Wendy burgers   ... I only eat twice a year..  (I am not crazy about the gym)

tntea:

Plan AHEAD>>>>>WIN the lottery>>>>>buy a gym.....

"EAT" all those Wendy burgers u-desire!

PSYKOMO love's fat rich girl's & FATBURGER'$$$$

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>

Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: January 20, 2008, 4:01 am - IP Logged

I just started taking cod liver oil every day.  The brand I take is really good.   I'm not worried about weight as much as clogged arteries.  Between my love for mayonnaise, eggs, potato pancakes, sour cream, butter, and Taco Bell burritos, I need that Omega-3 !  The liquid vitamins I'm taking are also very good.  I feel the difference already.

Oh, I forgot..I eat peanut butter with my fingers too.  

Seriously, Pac.  If people stuff their faces with junk food, it's not because of addictive additives. It's because they like it and they don't feel like cooking.  C'mon!  Let's take some responsibility for our lousy habits. 

Chocolate is very addictive. For a while I was buying cocoa, candy bars, and chocolate syrup when I got cravings.  That's why it's right next to me at the checkout aisle.  I just don't buy it any more.  For a couple of months I was buying Pillsbury Toaster Strudel (yummy, yummy) and then I realized they're just sugar & fat so I stopped buying them.  Crackers like Ritz have no nutritional value whatsoever.  (at least I see none on the label)  

If you hear voices telling you to pull into McDonald's when you drive by, I suggest you seek medical attention immediately! 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: January 20, 2008, 6:09 am - IP Logged

Growth hormones + steroids + antibiotics are fed to the livestock, on factory farms. It's scheduled to get worse. 

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: January 20, 2008, 6:15 am - IP Logged

Growth hormones + steroids + antibiotics are fed to the livestock, on factory farms. It's scheduled to get worse. 

What about cloning?  It's just been approved for livestock!