Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 12:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Programs for dynamic wheel construction?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 9 years ago by LottoMining.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
Member #2815
November 18, 2003
502 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2008, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

Hi everybody,

I know people are mainly interested in having wheels to play that are constructed based on their selection of numbers and also applying some filters such as sums etc and/or some other attribute. I'd like to know which are the programs you know and use that can construct such dynamic wheels. You can also post if you want something particular which you cannot find anywhere in terms of constructing such a dynamic wheel. I currently work on a public version of my Wheel Generator program and I want to incorporate as many more options possible to the end user. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

This post comes to continue the previous thread

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/163285 

cheers

lottoarchitect 

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

United States
    Member #986
    January 5, 2003
    280 Posts
    Posted: January 12, 2008, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

We have a 5/39 but draw 6 balls of which one is a bonus.

Having a generator to guarantee 5if6 in 5 number combinations.  There is free software out there that does this but you pick how many combinations you want so there is no guarantee.

Also there is a DW5 program which wheels and filters..

Greece
      Member #2815
      November 18, 2003
      502 Posts
      Posted: January 12, 2008, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Ok, thanks for this Maryland. I might have to describe more accurately what I aim to achieve. Of course there is software that can produce tickets based on filters. However this doesn't qualify as a wheel by the means of a defined guarantee or say it in other words to construct a wheel that does both qualify as a defined guarantee ie 4if5 with a predetermined L coverage and at the same time to pass the specified filters for the tickets produced by the generator. DW5 is closer to this by the means of trying to find a re-arrangement of the numbers to place in the predefined wheel. Although this is good, we are still restricted to the actual wheel which is fixed and may fail to find a very good re-arrangement, although a better one might exist for the same coverage compared to the initial wheel we used.

What I aim is to be able to construct a wheel aiming both at increased coverage of specified guarantee(s) i.e. let's say both 4if5 and 5if6 and at the same time as high as possible to pass all the defined filters. Some rules may be applicable here such as to which case to give preference i.e. do we care more to pass all our filters or we first target to produce a defined guarantee ratio and then fit our filters. Where this differs from DW5 is that we are inspecting many more wheels of the same coverage (what the generator does internally) which gives us a chance to find even better re-arrangements as an example. In fact, there can be millions of wheels that can offer the same coverage for the same parameters we are interested in (v,k,t,m). Some of these might and can allow more of our filters to pass than just importing a fixed wheel for re-arrangement and relying on chance for this wheel to be among the best in those millions possible.

cheers

lottoarchitect 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19825 Posts
        Posted: January 12, 2008, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

What do you mean by dynamic wheel construction?  I assume when you're talking about a lottery wheel, you're talking about a group of combinations that guarantee a certain out come if certain conditions are true but once you filter out some of those combinations, the guarantee is also filtered out unless you reconstruct the wheel another way.

When I was into using wheelings, I used CoverMaster to create the basic wheel and when I replaced the wheel numbers with my numbers, many times I got combinations that had already matched four or five in earlier drawings which I tried to avoid since they seldom repeated in the lotteries I played, but when I got rid of them I also got rid of the guarantee.

Right now I use a random number generator to come up with combinations within the parameters that I set such as sums, gage, range, total hits, never matched 4 or matched 2 and 3 within certain limits and use all the numbers in the pool equally until I have the amount of combinations I want to play.  It would be nice to have a program that checked those combinations and calculated the coverage guarantee and give me the option of having it come up with some additional combinations to increase the coverage guarantee.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Greece
          Member #2815
          November 18, 2003
          502 Posts
          Posted: January 12, 2008, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

Well RJOh, I have heard many times in the past of people here saying about constructing wheels (and I mean wheels) based of some filters such as sums. Since I have never encountered such a program by the above means, I requested for input. I'm not talking about generating random tickets to play based on some filters such as sums. The difference here is the guarantee produced. So, the concept of dynamic wheels has nothing to do with random generated tickets which simply pass some filters such as the sums one.

Dynamic wheel construction the way I mean it is to build, even from scratch, tickets that can both offer a guarantee (or multiple guarantees at the same time if you think the term guarantee as an additional filter) and additionally pass all of the filters set (if possible) for our selection of numbers. Even if we import a wheel, similar to what DW5 does - the closest I have found so far to what I mean by dynamic wheel construction, again the system will attempt to even reconstruct the initial wheel so to achieve even better coverage and pass even more filters, since there is a very good chance, the initial wheel supplied doesn't allow all the filters to pass. THis can be achieved to the maximum possible extend by scanning the huge range of possible wheels offering the same coverage as the initial supplied wheel. To my best knowledge, there isn't a single program out there that can do such a thing but I requested input because many people said they use programs that construct wheels (not just arbitrary tickets) based on filters. I just don't know any program that generates wheels based on filters. If you know of one, let me know.

Actually, what I try to achieve is exactly your last statement, but without the need for additional combinations to play and still pass all the defined filters, by trying to recompute a new wheel to increase both coverage and filters accepted ratio. 

cheers

lottoarchitect 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5120 Posts
            Posted: January 12, 2008, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Hi everybody,

I know people are mainly interested in having wheels to play that are constructed based on their selection of numbers and also applying some filters such as sums etc and/or some other attribute. I'd like to know which are the programs you know and use that can construct such dynamic wheels. You can also post if you want something particular which you cannot find anywhere in terms of constructing such a dynamic wheel. I currently work on a public version of my Wheel Generator program and I want to incorporate as many more options possible to the end user. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

cheers

lottoarchitect 

LA>>>????..XXXXX...YYYYYY?

NICE to see you are still in the GAME of Lottery Software............

NOW.........a psyko will tell you how you can BOTTLE the lottery$$

and make million's..........BUT,.........YOU, must.......B-D "FIRST"$

I want a software wheel that L@@K's at the past HISTORY>>>

and will use GAUSS or BINOMIAL or POISSON to narrior<<<<<<<

the possible combination's DOWN to A POINT I can bet the >>>>

WHEEL.....PartyJack-in-the-Box

LOL

PSYKOMO 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: January 13, 2008, 2:18 am - IP Logged

"Well RJOh, I have heard many times in the past of people here saying about constructing wheels (and I mean wheels) based of some filters such as sums. Since I have never encountered such a program by the above means, I requested for input."

lottoarchitect,

Lots of players come to LP and post stuff about picking numbers that they haven't thought through.  Chances are they're hoping someone else have had a similar idea and can explain it to them or at least tell them if there's some software that can help them.

Good luck on developing your dynamic wheeling software.

Evil Looking       

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5120 Posts
                Posted: January 13, 2008, 2:49 am - IP Logged

"Well RJOh, I have heard many times in the past of people here saying about constructing wheels (and I mean wheels) based of some filters such as sums. Since I have never encountered such a program by the above means, I requested for input."

lottoarchitect,

Lots of players come to LP and post stuff about picking numbers that they haven't thought through.  Chances are they're hoping someone else have had a similar idea and can explain it to them or at least tell them if there's some software that can help them.

Good luck on developing your dynamic wheeling software.

RJOh:

Thanks for UR mamie post on UR program's & how much<<<<<<<<

you work on ........X+Y+Z'sssssssssssss2=X+Y+Z***2 =RJOh<<<<<

My reply to "U".....simple fact>>>FACT>>U-Do-Do>>not $$$$$$$$$

$pend>>>>>>.....enough^^^^^$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SORRY about the FACT UR^^^^^AFRAID of UR OWN>>SYSTEM!!!!!!

lottoarchitect,..................ASK^^^FOR SUGGESTION's ???????????

(LET's HELP)  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

lottoarchitect^^^^^^

LOL>2008

PSYKOMO 

United States
                  Member #986
                  January 5, 2003
                  280 Posts
                  Posted: January 13, 2008, 3:27 am - IP Logged

Ok, LA

I have 20 numbers I want to wheel for a 4if5 but it's to big for the pocket book, so now I want to look at a table and maybe change that to 90% or 80% chance and it shows how many tickets needed and gives me those combinations.

Or  the table also shows how many combinations needed for 3 three number hits etc. and percentages.

Is this the info your looking for?  If not I'm lost. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19825 Posts
                    Posted: January 13, 2008, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

RJOh:

Thanks for UR mamie post on UR program's & how much<<<<<<<<

you work on ........X+Y+Z'sssssssssssss2=X+Y+Z***2 =RJOh<<<<<

My reply to "U".....simple fact>>>FACT>>U-Do-Do>>not $$$$$$$$$

$pend>>>>>>.....enough^^^^^$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

SORRY about the FACT UR^^^^^AFRAID of UR OWN>>SYSTEM!!!!!!

lottoarchitect,..................ASK^^^FOR SUGGESTION's ???????????

(LET's HELP)  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

lottoarchitect^^^^^^

LOL>2008

PSYKOMO 

Sorry psykomo,

If I understand your post, you confused my post with an actual program.

........X+Y+Z'sssssssssssss2=X+Y+Z***2 =RJOh<<<<< is not a program

I was explaining to LA that players some time post ideas that they have never tried to get others thoughts about them.  That may be the reason he has never seen any programs that pick numbers that way.

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                      Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3103 Posts
                      Posted: January 13, 2008, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Hi everybody,

cheers

lottoarchitect 

There are three that build wheels on the fly around filters.

Advanced Lotto Tool

Lottohat

Lotwin by Futuresoft

First two have a free demo you can download, the third has some kind of deal where you view ads while using the free version.

Links at http://www.lotto-logix.com/lottosoft.html 

BobP

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                        Portland,Oregon
                        United States
                        Member #14387
                        April 25, 2005
                        229 Posts
                        Posted: January 13, 2008, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

Lotto Hat use to be  great for both stats and wheels. However it is no longer being supported at all - It's results data bases have not been updated since 2006 - you can't get an email off to the folks - and they have not done any kind of update of the program for about 2 years.  It is NOT compatible with Vista - so be cautious if you use it - You'll have to add all the data base yourself I think.

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7308 Posts
                          Posted: January 13, 2008, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Hi everybody,

cheers

lottoarchitect 

"I know people are mainly interested in having wheels to play that are constructed based on their selection of numbers and also applying some filters such as sums etc and/or some other attribute.

If you use 15 numbers in a pick-5 game there is only 1 combination out of 3003 that can match all 5 numbers so the trick is to find a method that can reduce number of combinations without eliminating that 1 combination. If you use an abbreviated wheel you're not really playing to hit the jackpot but trying to hit a lesser prize. 

A 4if5 abbreviated 15 number wheel has 95 combinations but that is only 3% of all the combinations so there is a 97% chance you eliminated that 1 combination. Applying filters at this point to reduce that field seems useless because you probably don't have that 1 combination and you're losing the guarantee to win the lesser prize.

"I'd like to know which are the programs you know and use that can construct such dynamic wheels."

I've used the Freewheeling program from Lottery Director for years. It has all the standard high/low, even/odd, sums, roots, consecutive numbers, decades and positional and conditional filters. From experience after filtering my 15 number 3003 combinations I've learned I probably started with the wrong 15 numbers and the reduced results have about the same chance of winning as a like number of quick picks.

It's a nice tool for 5/36 to 5/39 games for considering all the combinations, but not much help in a 6/49 games where a 99% reduction still leaves you with 14,000 combinations. There is a feature where you can put all 49 numbers into 6 zones and create conditions like 1 number from each zone for a 97.89% reduction but that's 294,912 combinations. However if you apply 2 even numbers and 4 odd numbers and 2 low numbers and 4 high numbers as a filter, it's reduced to 10,240 combinations.

Start with 24 numbers, create 6 zones and apply the same e/o, l/h filters and you have a playable 112 combinations. This is similar to the 15 and 20 number conditional wheels BobP created for pick-5 games and he went a step farther by giving his wheels a 4if5 guarantee.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                            Dump Water Florida
                            United States
                            Member #380
                            June 5, 2002
                            3103 Posts
                            Posted: January 14, 2008, 1:35 am - IP Logged

Lottohat was sold a couple of years ago and appears to be on auto pilot.  I couldn't locate my P-3/4 serial number (the Pick-3/4 version of Lottohat) and I didn't get a reply to my email. Lucky for me I found it because apparently those new people weren't going to help me and I was a beta tester.

What these programs do is create all the combinations in the game with the exception of the combinations excluded by the filters so you do start with the jackpot winning number prior to filtering unlike an abbrreviated wheel which may or may not have the jackpot combination before you begin. 

An interesting feature of Lotwin Lottery Line Builder by Future soft is the analysis feature.  It tells you the exact filters you would have needed to eliminate all or almost all of the combinations except the jackpot winning combination. 

For example, I select one of the Florida 5/36 winning draws and it tells me the 18 filters it passed.  I load those same filters and run a build and it gives me the winning combination that was drawn.  Of course that's 18 yes decisions against about 70 no decisions, all of which must be made correctly.  Still it's interesting to see how filters really can work.

BobP

derek7's avatar - speedykat
                              IL
                              United States
                              Member #34578
                              March 4, 2006
                              198 Posts
                              Posted: January 14, 2008, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

While it's usually about selecting good numbers to play on the other hand I would like to use software that generates wheels dynamically or re-wheels self wheels 10000 times untill they pass all filters applied. Though I wish it would be free software.

Derek