Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who is dumber?

Topic closed. 53 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

Who is dumber-those who steal tickets or those who win and blow the money?

Steal tickets [ 50 ]  [68.49%]
Blow money [ 23 ]  [31.51%]
Total Valid Votes [ 73 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: February 13, 2008, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

Stealing has always been and will always be a sin. It's funny how many try to skirt the issue. i.e. morally wrong etc. It just happens to be one of the ten commandments in The Bible. Check out the book of EXODUS chapter 20. You'll find there are nine other sins listed as well that we are not to commit, but we do anyway. But the worst of all is LYING. In the book of Revelations God states that all liars will be thrown in the lake of fire.

Beieve what you want, the truth is not dependent upon whether you or I believe something is true or not. 

Blowing money, or wasting money is not a violation of God's laws  Secondly, the definition of "blowing" money is rather obsure, and each of us has our own definition. To one person, blowing money might mean giving a huge portion of your lottery winnings to The Salvation Army or to some other charity. To another, a trip to Maui might be considered as blowing money.. To a single person, blowing money might mean a lottery winner spending his/her winnings on other family members.

Not being anywhere omnipotent, and not trying to second guess our creator, since he does not state: THOU SHALT NOT BLOW MONEY, my vote goes to STEALING IS A WHOLE LOT WORSE THAN BLOWING MONEY.

Moreover, if the winner does not give at least 10% to charity, you ARE STEALING FROM GOD, and that has a CURSE associated with it. Read the book of Malichi if you think I'm just whistling Dixie. :-) 

Qouth The Raven....NEVERMORE 

Moreover, if the winner does not give at least 10% to charity, you ARE STEALING FROM GOD, and that has a CURSE associated with it. Read the book of Malichi if you think I'm just whistling Dixie. :-) 

Not everyone subscribes to that belief system. There are many other belief systems out there that think differently than yours. And in my case I think they're all wrong.

Curse? I think the curse is on the people who preach what will happen to others who don't accept what they think the correct ideals are.

This is why there are so many religious wars around the world. Every religion thinks they have a monopoly on what truth is. Puke

Honduras
    Member #20982
    August 29, 2005
    4715 Posts
    Posted: February 13, 2008, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

i think the one that blows the money is the dumber....the stealer because he is poor he is going to use that little money that he stole to good use (unless it was drugs), while the one that blew the money is a mentally challenged.....

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10348 Posts
      Posted: February 13, 2008, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

hennybogan

"...Moreover, if the winner does not give at least 10% to charity, you ARE STEALING FROM GOD, ..."

Well, beyond lottery winners there must be a whole lot of cursed people out there because truth be known, even among those who CLAIM to tithe, the national average is 2% to 3 %, not 10....

and by the way, the Biblical tithe referred to crops, not wages or personal income.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

hennybogan's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
        McKinney/Texas
        United States
        Member #47363
        November 1, 2006
        706 Posts
        Posted: February 13, 2008, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

Hey Coin Toss you are 100% correct in that the bible uses the word "CROPS". What do you think that means? To a farmer, which most were back then, "CROPS" were sold, and that is how they earned their wages. Yes, there are millions of people in the US and elsewhere who claim to be Christians and do not tithe(10%). The Good Book actually teaches we should give AT LEAST 10% OF OUR FIRST FRUITS. You will never hear a pastor say it from the pulpit, but FIRSTFRUITS means BEFORE TAXES AND not after!!!!!  Then the percentage goes way down from 2-3% to ????

I just hope that all of you big winners out there will remember the less fortuneate, like Robin Hood did, when you figure out how to win the lottery and Mega-Bucks.

Oh where art thou Lenore?

Ephesians 3:20

angelm's avatar - anne
          richmond ky.
          United States
          Member #15877
          May 22, 2005
          8472 Posts
          Posted: February 13, 2008, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

StealsNo No

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: February 13, 2008, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

i think the one that blows the money is the dumber....the stealer because he is poor he is going to use that little money that he stole to good use (unless it was drugs), while the one that blew the money is a mentally challenged.....

What?

What is the difference in blowing money on anything else if not the tickets?

Let's see..  I know people who blow money on take out food all during the week.. Fast food restaurants so they don't have to cook..

nothing wrong with eating out.. but every night...

Let's see..  Blowing money on gasoline.. When people burn tanks of gas just to ride around.  You would be surprised at how many people who still do this even with gas being over $3 a gallon.

Blowing money on cigarettes...  Oh yeah. that is really burning money, unless you blow around on the cherry of your cigarette...

Blowing money on booze...

Blowing money on junk food.   Geeh.. I see lots of over weight people in the grocery line with bags of chips, packs of candy bars,  sodas, ice creams, bags of cookies,  Little Debbie Cakes,  You name it... But any thing from produce line... Are you kidding??????

I cannot stand a thief...   I had rather people blow money on  ...  take out food,  gasoline, cigarettes, junk food... even if they are drawing a check from tax payers money..  It sure beats stealing any of those things.. Taking things that don't belong to you is wrong.. dead wrong,

I voted it is dumber to steal tickets...

Hopefully the Good Lord will not allow you to hit the big one since you took from a working person who had to pay for those tickets..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
              Charlotte NC
              United States
              Member #17406
              June 18, 2005
              4053 Posts
              Posted: February 13, 2008, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

What?

What is the difference in blowing money on anything else if not the tickets?

Let's see..  I know people who blow money on take out food all during the week.. Fast food restaurants so they don't have to cook..

nothing wrong with eating out.. but every night...

Let's see..  Blowing money on gasoline.. When people burn tanks of gas just to ride around.  You would be surprised at how many people who still do this even with gas being over $3 a gallon.

Blowing money on cigarettes...  Oh yeah. that is really burning money, unless you blow around on the cherry of your cigarette...

Blowing money on booze...

Blowing money on junk food.   Geeh.. I see lots of over weight people in the grocery line with bags of chips, packs of candy bars,  sodas, ice creams, bags of cookies,  Little Debbie Cakes,  You name it... But any thing from produce line... Are you kidding??????

I cannot stand a thief...   I had rather people blow money on  ...  take out food,  gasoline, cigarettes, junk food... even if they are drawing a check from tax payers money..  It sure beats stealing any of those things.. Taking things that don't belong to you is wrong.. dead wrong,

I voted it is dumber to steal tickets...

Hopefully the Good Lord will not allow you to hit the big one since you took from a working person who had to pay for those tickets..

takeemtothebank

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: February 13, 2008, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

takeemtothebank

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                  Indiana
                  United States
                  Member #48725
                  January 7, 2007
                  1953 Posts
                  Posted: February 13, 2008, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

I chose the one who steals.

Gonna win.Big Smile

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10348 Posts
                    Posted: February 13, 2008, 11:51 pm - IP Logged

Who is dumber?

How about the person who streals the tickets, has a winner, and then blows the money?

Crazy

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #2338
                      September 17, 2003
                      2063 Posts
                      Posted: February 14, 2008, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Well the banking industry has plenty of people that blew through other people's money then received large severance checks so it can't be that option. The only way to steal other people's money and not get into trouble is to be a member of Congress.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                        Wandering Aimlessly
                        United States
                        Member #25360
                        November 5, 2005
                        4461 Posts
                        Posted: February 14, 2008, 3:45 am - IP Logged

Who is dumber?

How about the person who streals the tickets, has a winner, and then blows the money?

Crazy

Green laugh Brilliant

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                          West Side of Sunny Florida
                          United States
                          Member #55048
                          September 8, 2007
                          3371 Posts
                          Posted: February 14, 2008, 6:42 am - IP Logged

Who is dumber?

Crazy

I voted the one who BLOWS the money cuz then they will have to go out and STEAL to survive!!!

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                            Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #56506
                            November 21, 2007
                            6537 Posts
                            Posted: February 14, 2008, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Who is dumber?

Crazy

That's a good one. LOL

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Fibonacci's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                              New York, NY
                              United States
                              Member #39471
                              May 16, 2006
                              2696 Posts
                              Posted: February 14, 2008, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Those who think steakling is dumb. There's nothing dumb about crime.

$$$